Genomes and Genes
lysosome associated membrane glycoproteins
Summary: Ubiquitously expressed integral membrane glycoproteins found in the LYSOSOME.
- Keep S, Borlace G, Butler R, Brooks D. Role of immune serum in the killing of Helicobacter pylori by macrophages. Helicobacter. 2010;15:177-83 pubmed publisher..pylori. We conclude that to eliminate H. pylori, a strategy is required to restore the normal process of phagosome maturation and enable effective macrophage killing of H. pylori, following a host immune response. ..
- Menasche G, De Saint Basile G. EBAG9 tempers lymphocyte killing activity. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:2136-40 pubmed publisher..This finding adds a new piece to the puzzle of complex mechanisms that tightly regulate the capacity of the cytotoxic response and suggests a new target to negatively modulate CTL responsiveness. ..
- Wangsa D, Heselmeyer Haddad K, Ried P, Eriksson E, Schäffer A, Morrison L, et al. Fluorescence in situ hybridization markers for prediction of cervical lymph node metastases. Am J Pathol. 2009;175:2637-45 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the composite FISH marker may be useful for determining risk for subsequent development of lymph node metastases in patients with cervical cancer. ..
- Koike S. [Identification of an enterovirus 71 receptor; SCARB2]. Uirusu. 2009;59:189-94 pubmed..I will summarize this result, background and the methodology of the study. ..
- Thompson E, Enriquez H, Fu Y, Engelhard V. Tumor masses support naive T cell infiltration, activation, and differentiation into effectors. J Exp Med. 2010;207:1791-804 pubmed publisher..Thus, targeting of T cell activation to tumors may present a tool in the development of cancer immunotherapy. ..
- De Keersmaecker B, Heirman C, Allard S, Bonehill A, Corthals J, Thielemans K, et al. Lumenal part of the DC-LAMP protein is not required for induction of antigen-specific T cell responses by means of antigen-DC-LAMP messenger RNA-electroporated dendritic cells. Hum Gene Ther. 2010;21:479-85 pubmed publisher
- Raa H, Grimmer S, Schwudke D, Bergan J, Walchli S, Skotland T, et al. Glycosphingolipid requirements for endosome-to-Golgi transport of Shiga toxin. Traffic. 2009;10:868-82 pubmed publisher..In contrast, Fumonisin B(1) affected the amount and composition of sphingomyelin and glycolipids and altered the profiles of phospholipids and plasmalogens. ..
- Fortunato F, Bürgers H, Bergmann F, Rieger P, Buchler M, Kroemer G, et al. Impaired autolysosome formation correlates with Lamp-2 depletion: role of apoptosis, autophagy, and necrosis in pancreatitis. Gastroenterology. 2009;137:350-60, 360.e1-5 pubmed publisher..The combination of alcohol and endotoxemia attenuated apoptosis response yet enhanced acinar cell necrosis. The depletion of lysosomal proteins plays a critical role in the early onset of acute pancreatitis. ..
- Federici C, Brambilla D, Lozupone F, Matarrese P, De Milito A, Lugini L, et al. Pleiotropic function of ezrin in human metastatic melanomas. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:2804-12 pubmed publisher..Our in vivo and in vitro data reveal that ezrin is the hub of the metastatic behavior also in human adult tumors. ..
- Mirshahidi S, Kramer V, Whitney J, Essono S, Lee S, Dranoff G, et al. Overlapping synthetic peptides encoding TPD52 as breast cancer vaccine in mice: prolonged survival. Vaccine. 2009;27:1825-33 pubmed publisher..We show that an OSP vaccination approach can assist in the disruption of self-tolerance and conclude that our approach may hold promise for immunoprevention of early-stage cancers in a general population. ..
- Houwerzijl E, Pol H, Blom N, van der Want J, de Wolf J, Vellenga E. Erythroid precursors from patients with low-risk myelodysplasia demonstrate ultrastructural features of enhanced autophagy of mitochondria. Leukemia. 2009;23:886-91 pubmed publisher..The enhanced autophagy might be a cell protective mechanism to remove defective iron-laden mitochondria. ..
- Kaushik S, Cuervo A. Chaperone-mediated autophagy. Methods Mol Biol. 2008;445:227-44 pubmed publisher..However, the most unequivocal method to measure CMA is by directly tracking the translocation of substrate proteins into isolated lysosomes. ..
- Bettiol E, Van de Hoef D, Carapau D, Rodriguez A. Efficient phagosomal maturation and degradation of Plasmodium-infected erythrocytes by dendritic cells and macrophages. Parasite Immunol. 2010;32:389-98 pubmed publisher..yoelii-infected RBC. In conclusion, after phagocytosis, Plasmodium-infected RBC are degraded by DC and macrophages, suggesting that the process of phagosomal maturation is effectively completed in malaria. ..
- Li C, MacDonald J, Hryciw T, Meakin S. Nerve growth factor activation of the TrkA receptor induces cell death, by macropinocytosis, in medulloblastoma Daoy cells. J Neurochem. 2010;112:882-99 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data demonstrate that TrkA stimulates cell death by a novel mechanism involving CK1-dependent hyperstimulation of macropinocytosis. ..
- Hasilik A, Wrocklage C, Schroder B. Intracellular trafficking of lysosomal proteins and lysosomes. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2009;47 Suppl 1:S18-33 pubmed..In summary, lysosomal trafficking depends on the recognition of many structural signals. It delivers soluble and membrane proteins, and can be exploited for therapeutic substitution of missing enzymes. ..
- Albrecht S, Usmani S, Dietl P, Wittekindt O. Plasma membrane trafficking in alveolar type II cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2010;25:81-90 pubmed publisher..We conclude that secretagogues facilitate the transport of plasma membrane components to LBs via a clathrin-independent vesicular transport pathway. ..
- Burtnick M, DeShazer D, Nair V, Gherardini F, Brett P. Burkholderia mallei cluster 1 type VI secretion mutants exhibit growth and actin polymerization defects in RAW 264.7 murine macrophages. Infect Immun. 2010;78:88-99 pubmed publisher..Based upon these findings, it appears that T6SS-1 plays a critical role in growth and actin-based motility following uptake of B. mallei by RAW 264.7 cells. ..
- Gough N, Fambrough D. Different steady state subcellular distributions of the three splice variants of lysosome-associated membrane protein LAMP-2 are determined largely by the COOH-terminal amino acid residue. J Cell Biol. 1997;137:1161-9 pubmed..Site-directed mutagenesis defined the COOH-terminal residue of the cytosolic tail as critical in governing the distributions of LAMP-2a, b, and c between intracellular compartments and the cell surface. ..
- Demydenko D. c-Cbl mediated ubiquitylation and regulation of cell surface exposure of CD5. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;392:500-4 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CD5 is ubiquitylated; the ubiquitylation is mediated by c-Cbl; CD5 level on a T lymphocyte cell surface is regulated by ubiquitylation and targeting to lysosomes. ..
- Maloney E, Stankowska D, Zhang J, Fol M, Cheng Q, Lun S, et al. The two-domain LysX protein of Mycobacterium tuberculosis is required for production of lysinylated phosphatidylglycerol and resistance to cationic antimicrobial peptides. PLoS Pathog. 2009;5:e1000534 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that LysX-mediated production of L-PG is necessary for the maintenance of optimal membrane integrity and for survival of the pathogen upon infection. ..
- Riquelme E, Carreño L, González P, Kalergis A. The duration of TCR/pMHC interactions regulates CTL effector function and tumor-killing capacity. Eur J Immunol. 2009;39:2259-69 pubmed publisher..Consistently, efficient in vivo CTL-mediated tumor clearance was only observed for tumors expressing intermediate t(1/2) pMHC ligands. These data suggest that there is an optimal TCR/pMHC t(1/2) for efficient CTL activity. ..
- Rüder C, Höpken U, Wolf J, Mittrücker H, Engels B, Erdmann B, et al. The tumor-associated antigen EBAG9 negatively regulates the cytolytic capacity of mouse CD8+ T cells. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:2184-203 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that EBAG9 is a tunable inhibitor of CTL-mediated adaptive immune response functions. ..
- Lee S, Park M, Kim H, Koh J. Metallothionein-3 regulates lysosomal function in cultured astrocytes under both normal and oxidative conditions. Glia. 2010;58:1186-96 pubmed publisher..Similar to the results seen in MT3-null cells, MT3 knockdown by siRNA inhibited oxidative stress-induced increases in zinc and LMP. These results indicate that MT3 may play a key role in normal lysosomal function in cultured astrocytes. ..
- Tsoumakidou M, Koutsopoulos A, Tzanakis N, Dambaki K, Tzortzaki E, Zakynthinos S, et al. Decreased small airway and alveolar CD83+ dendritic cells in COPD. Chest. 2009;136:726-733 pubmed publisher..COPD is associated with decreased numbers of (mature) CD83+ DCs in small airways and alveoli. The relevance of such a reduction on pulmonary immune responses requires further investigation. ..
- Corrêa G, Marques da Silva C, de Abreu Moreira Souza A, Vommaro R, Coutinho Silva R. Activation of the P2X(7) receptor triggers the elimination of Toxoplasma gondii tachyzoites from infected macrophages. Microbes Infect. 2010;12:497-504 pubmed publisher..We conclude that parasite elimination might occur following P2X(7) signalling and that novel therapies against intracellular pathogens could take advantage of activation of purinergic signalling...
- Maron B, Roberts W, Arad M, Haas T, Spirito P, Wright G, et al. Clinical outcome and phenotypic expression in LAMP2 cardiomyopathy. JAMA. 2009;301:1253-9 pubmed publisher..These observations underscore the importance of timely molecular diagnosis for predicting prognosis and early consideration of heart transplantation. ..
- Walker E, Miller W, Haley D, Floyd K, Curti B, Urba W. Characterization of the class I-restricted gp100 melanoma peptide-stimulated primary immune response in tumor-free vaccine-draining lymph nodes and peripheral blood. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:2541-51 pubmed publisher..Lymph node memory T cells gave rise to circulating gp100-specific effector T cells exhibiting increased functional maturation. ..
- Huttenhower C, Haley E, Hibbs M, Dumeaux V, Barrett D, Coller H, et al. Exploring the human genome with functional maps. Genome Res. 2009;19:1093-106 pubmed publisher..Our functional maps can be explored using HEFalMp (Human Experimental/Functional Mapper), a web interface allowing interactive visualization and investigation of this large body of information...
- Bonomi H, Marchesini M, Klinke S, Ugalde J, Zylberman V, Ugalde R, et al. An atypical riboflavin pathway is essential for Brucella abortus virulence. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9435 pubmed publisher..In summary, we show that riboflavin biosynthesis is essential for Brucella survival inside cells or in mice. These results highlight the potential use of flavin biosynthetic pathway enzymes as targets for the chemotherapy of brucellosis...
- Kim H, Cho A, Lim B, Kim M, Kim K, Nishino I, et al. A 13-year-old girl with proximal weakness and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with Danon disease. Muscle Nerve. 2010;41:879-82 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge, this girl is one of the earliest-onset manifesting carriers of Danon disease with typical muscle pathology. ..
- Schmidt H, Gelhaus C, Lucius R, Nebendahl M, Leippe M, Janssen O. Enrichment and analysis of secretory lysosomes from lymphocyte populations. BMC Immunol. 2009;10:41 pubmed publisher..A subsequent proteome analysis allows the characterization of molecules involved in lysosomal maturation and cytotoxic effector function at high-resolution. ..
- Chen L, Hu J, Yun Y, Wang T. Rab36 regulates the spatial distribution of late endosomes and lysosomes through a similar mechanism to Rab34. Mol Membr Biol. 2010;27:23-30 pubmed publisher..In addition, the binding region for Rab36 is in the C-terminal region (aa199-401) of RILP. Our data suggested that Rab36 may regulate the spatial distribution of late endosomes and lysosomes through a similar mechanism to Rab34. ..
- Ishigami S, Ueno S, Matsumoto M, Okumura H, Arigami T, Uchikado Y, et al. Prognostic value of CD208-positive cell infiltration in gastric cancer. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2010;59:389-95 pubmed publisher..Evaluation of CD208-positive cell infiltration with S100-positive cell infiltration in gastric cancer is useful to predict antitumor immunological conditions in gastric cancer. ..
- Liu D, Bryceson Y, Meckel T, Vasiliver Shamis G, Dustin M, Long E. Integrin-dependent organization and bidirectional vesicular traffic at cytotoxic immune synapses. Immunity. 2009;31:99-109 pubmed publisher..Thus, cytotoxic immune synapses include a central region of bidirectional vesicular traffic, which is controlled by integrin signaling. ..
- Zeevi D, Frumkin A, Offen Glasner V, Kogot Levin A, Bach G. A potentially dynamic lysosomal role for the endogenous TRPML proteins. J Pathol. 2009;219:153-62 pubmed publisher..Given that depletion of TRPML2/3 led to lysosomal storage typical to an LSD, we propose that depletion of these proteins might also underlie novel LSD pathologies not described hitherto. ..
- Terada K, Yamada J, Hayashi Y, Wu Z, Uchiyama Y, Peters C, et al. Involvement of cathepsin B in the processing and secretion of interleukin-1beta in chromogranin A-stimulated microglia. Glia. 2010;58:114-24 pubmed publisher..Therefore, either pharmacological or genetic inhibition of CB may provide therapeutic intervention in inflammation-associated neurological diseases. ..
- Jiang S, Heller B, Tagliabracci V, Zhai L, Irimia J, DePaoli Roach A, et al. Starch binding domain-containing protein 1/genethonin 1 is a novel participant in glycogen metabolism. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:34960-71 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Stbd1 is involved in glycogen metabolism by binding to glycogen and anchoring it to membranes, thereby affecting its cellular localization and its intracellular trafficking to lysosomes. ..
- Lee B, Jethwaney D, Schilling B, Clemens D, Gibson B, Horwitz M. The Mycobacterium bovis bacille Calmette-Guerin phagosome proteome. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2010;9:32-53 pubmed publisher..Our phagosome purification procedure and initial proteomics analyses set the stage for a quantitative comparative analysis of mycobacterial and latex bead phagosome proteomes. ..
- Engelbrecht S, Kaltenborn E, Griese M, Kern S. The surfactant lipid transporter ABCA3 is N-terminally cleaved inside LAMP3-positive vesicles. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:4306-12 pubmed publisher..Using N- and C-terminal protein tags and hindering ABCA3 processing we show that the 150 kDa protein represents the mature ABCA3 whose N-terminus is cleaved by a cysteine protease inside MVB/LB...
- Sancak Y, Bar Peled L, Zoncu R, Markhard A, Nada S, Sabatini D. Ragulator-Rag complex targets mTORC1 to the lysosomal surface and is necessary for its activation by amino acids. Cell. 2010;141:290-303 pubmed publisher..Thus, Rag-Ragulator-mediated translocation of mTORC1 to lysosomal membranes is the key event in amino acid signaling to mTORC1. ..
- Starodubova E, Boberg A, Ivanov A, Latyshev O, Petrakova N, Kuzmenko Y, et al. Potent cross-reactive immune response against the wild-type and drug-resistant forms of HIV reverse transcriptase after the chimeric gene immunization. Vaccine. 2010;28:1975-86 pubmed publisher..Immunization with mutant HIV genes may represent an immunotherapeutical supplement to antiretroviral treatment preventing the emergence of drug resistance. ..
- Dibbens L, Michelucci R, Gambardella A, Andermann F, Rubboli G, Bayly M, et al. SCARB2 mutations in progressive myoclonus epilepsy (PME) without renal failure. Ann Neurol. 2009;66:532-6 pubmed publisher..Onset is in teenage or young adult life. Molecular diagnosis is important for counseling the patient and family, particularly as the prognosis is worse than classical ULD. ..
- Valentin A, Chikhlikar P, Patel V, Rosati M, Maciel M, Chang K, et al. Comparison of DNA vaccines producing HIV-1 Gag and LAMP/Gag chimera in rhesus macaques reveals antigen-specific T-cell responses with distinct phenotypes. Vaccine. 2009;27:4840-9 pubmed publisher..Combinations of DNA vectors encoding both forms of antigen may be more potent in eliciting anti-HIV-1 immunity. ..
- Higaki M, Higaki Y, Kawashima M. Increased expression of CD208 (DC-LAMP) in epidermal keratinocytes of psoriatic lesions. J Dermatol. 2009;36:144-9 pubmed publisher..Additionally, these CD208-positive keratinocytes possessing putative antigen-processing activity might play a key role as antigen-presenting cells in psoriatic skin. ..
- Rao S, Huynh C, Proux Gillardeaux V, Galli T, Andrews N. Identification of SNAREs involved in synaptotagmin VII-regulated lysosomal exocytosis. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:20471-9 pubmed