Genomes and Genes
hepatitis a virus cellular receptor 2
Summary: An Ig domain-containing membrane receptor that is expressed by TH1 CELLS. It regulates the activation of MACROPHAGES and inhibits TH1-mediated auto- and alloimmune responses to promote IMMUNE TOLERANCE.
- Asano T, Meguri Y, Yoshioka T, Kishi Y, Iwamoto M, Nakamura M, et al. PD-1 modulates regulatory T-cell homeostasis during low-dose interleukin-2 therapy. Blood. 2017;129:2186-2197 pubmed publisher..Our findings will facilitate the development of therapeutic strategies that modulate Treg homeostasis to promote immune tolerance. ..
- Goods B, Hernandez A, Lowther D, Lucca L, Lerner B, Gunel M, et al. Functional differences between PD-1+ and PD-1- CD4+ effector T cells in healthy donors and patients with glioblastoma multiforme. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181538 pubmed publisher..Additionally, co-blockade of PD-1 and TIM-3 in GBM may be therapeutically beneficial. ..
- Schwartz J, Clayton K, Mujib S, Zhang H, Rahman A, Liu J, et al. Tim-3 is a Marker of Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cell Dysfunction during HIV Infection and Is Associated with the Recruitment of IRF7 and p85 into Lysosomes and with the Submembrane Displacement of TLR9. J Immunol. 2017;198:3181-3194 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Tim-3 is a biomarker of dysfunctional pDCs and may negatively regulate IFN-?, possibly through interference with TLR signaling and recruitment of IRF7 and p85 into lysosomes, enhancing their degradation. ..
- Dong J, Yang X, Wang L, Wei X, Wang A, Hao C, et al. Modulation of Tim-3 Expression by Antigen-Dependent and -Independent Factors on T Cells from Patients with Chronic Hepatitis B Virus Infection. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2017;7:98 pubmed publisher..The role of ?c cytokines in modulation of inhibitory pathway might be evaluated as immunotherapies in humans...
- Marisa L, Svrcek M, Collura A, Becht E, Cervera P, Wanherdrick K, et al. The Balance Between Cytotoxic T-cell Lymphocytes and Immune Checkpoint Expression in the Prognosis of Colon Tumors. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2018;110: pubmed publisher..56 in ICK low vs median = 0.34 in ICK high, P = .004). ICK expression cancels the prognostic relevance of CTLs in highly immunogenic colon tumors and predicts a poor outcome in MSI CRC patients. ..
- Gibson A, Faulkner L, Lichtenfels M, Ogese M, Al Attar Z, Alfirevic A, et al. The Effect of Inhibitory Signals on the Priming of Drug Hapten-Specific T Cells That Express Distinct VÎ² Receptors. J Immunol. 2017;199:1223-1237 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings demonstrate that distinct TCR VÎ² subtypes, dysregulation of coinhibitory signaling pathways, and dysfunctional Tregs may influence predisposition to hypersensitivity. ..
- Dong J, Cheng L, Zhao M, Pan X, Feng Z, Wang D. Tim-3-expressing macrophages are functionally suppressed and expanded in oral squamous cell carcinoma due to virus-induced Gal-9 expression. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317701651 pubmed publisher..Immunotherapy in human papillomavirus-positive oropharyngeal head and neck squamous cell carcinoma patients therefore faces an additional challenge posed by Tim-3 and Gal-9 and likely requires the blockade of these molecules. ..
- Vazquez Mateo C, Collins J, Fleury M, Dooms H. Broad induction of immunoregulatory mechanisms after a short course of anti-IL-7R? antibodies in NOD mice. BMC Immunol. 2017;18:18 pubmed publisher..These changes appear to have long-lasting effects by delaying or preventing type 1 diabetes incidence. Hence, our study provides further support for using anti-IL-7R? antibodies to modulate autoreactive T cell responses. ..
- Kadowaki T, Morishita A, Niki T, Hara J, Sato M, Tani J, et al. Galectin-9 prolongs the survival of septic mice by expanding Tim-3-expressing natural killer T cells and PDCA-1+ CD11c+ macrophages. Crit Care. 2013;17:R284 pubmed publisher..1+ NKT cells. These data suggest that galectin-9 exerts therapeutic effects on polymicrobial sepsis, possibly by expanding NKT cells and pDC-like macrophages and by modulating the production of early and late proinflammatory cytokines. ..
- Zhou G, Sprengers D, Boor P, Doukas M, Schutz H, Mancham S, et al. Antibodies Against Immune Checkpoint Molecules RestoreÂ Functions of Tumor-Infiltrating T Cells in HepatocellularÂ Carcinomas. Gastroenterology. 2017;153:1107-1119.e10 pubmed publisher..We used flow cytometry to quantify expression of the inhibitory receptors PD-1, hepatitis A virus cellular receptor 2 (TIM3), lymphocyte activating 3 (LAG3), and CTLA4 on CD8+ and CD4+ T cells ..
- Zhang T, Yuan X, Liu C, Li Y, Liu H, Li L, et al. Decreased TIM-3 expression of peripheral blood natural killer cells in patients with severe aplastic anemia. Cell Immunol. 2017;318:17-22 pubmed publisher..We inferred that low expression of TIM-3 on NK cells might lead to NK cells dysfunction and involve in the progress of bone marrow failure in SAA. ..
- Ganesan A, Clarke J, Wood O, Garrido Martin E, Chee S, Mellows T, et al. Tissue-resident memory features are linked to the magnitude of cytotoxic T cell responses in human lung cancer. Nat Immunol. 2017;18:940-950 pubmed publisher..Here we define the 'molecular fingerprint' of tumor-infiltrating CTLs and identify potentially new targets for immunotherapy. ..
- Linedale R, Schmidt C, King B, Ganko A, Simpson F, Panizza B, et al. Elevated frequencies of CD8 T cells expressing PD-1, CTLA-4 and Tim-3 within tumour from perineural squamous cell carcinoma patients. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175755 pubmed publisher..Elevated frequencies of tumour-associated Tim-3+, CTLA-4+ and PD-1+ CD8 T cells suggests that a subset of patients may benefit from local antibody blockade of these checkpoint inhibitors. ..
- Luo L, Li D, Wang Y, Wang K, Gao L, Li S, et al. Tim3/galectin-9 alleviates the inflammation of TAO patients via suppressing Akt/NF-kB signaling pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:966-972 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Tim3/Gal-9 alleviates the inflammation of TAO patients via suppressing Akt/NF-?B signaling pathway. ..
- Das M, Zhu C, Kuchroo V. Tim-3 and its role in regulating anti-tumor immunity. Immunol Rev. 2017;276:97-111 pubmed publisher..This review discusses the recent findings on Tim-3, the role it plays in regulating immune responses in different cell types and the rationale for targeting Tim-3 for effective cancer immunotherapy. ..