hepatitis a virus cellular receptor 1
Summary: An Ig domain-containing membrane receptor for HEPATITIS A VIRUS; EBOLA VIRUS; MARBURG VIRUS; and DENGUE VIRUS. It may also function to modulate ASTHMA and HYPERSENSITIVITY.
- Coca S, Nadkarni G, Huang Y, Moledina D, Rao V, Zhang J, et al. Plasma Biomarkers and Kidney Function Decline in Early and Established Diabetic Kidney Disease. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:2786-2793 pubmed publisher..Moreover, addition of these biomarkers to clinical prognostic models significantly improved discrimination for the renal outcome. ..
- Miao J, Friedman E, Wu A, Todd J, Estis J, Xu X, et al. Clinical utility of single molecule counting technology for quantification of KIM-1 in patients with heart failure and chronic kidney disease. Clin Biochem. 2017;50:889-895 pubmed publisher..0001). Plasma KIM-1 is quantifiable in healthy volunteers, elevated in CKD and CHF patients, and correlates with eGFR. Additional investigation is needed to determine if KIM-1 provides prognostic value for CKD and CHF patient outcomes. ..
- Lobato G, Lobato M, Thomé F, Veronese F. Performance of urinary kidney injury molecule-1, neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin, and N-acetyl-?-D-glucosaminidase to predict chronic kidney disease progression and adverse outcomes. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2017;50:e6106 pubmed publisher..039). In conclusion, urinary NGAL was associated with adverse renal outcomes and increased risk of death in this cohort. If baseline urinary KIM-1 and NGAL predict progression to worse stages of CKD is something yet to be explored. ..
- Gu X, He H, Lin L, Luo G, Wen Y, Xiang D, et al. Tim-1+ B cells suppress T cell interferon-gamma production and promote Foxp3 expression, but have impaired regulatory function in coronary artery disease. APMIS. 2017;125:872-879 pubmed publisher..Together, these results demonstrated that CAD patients presented an inflammatory disorder in regulatory B cells, which could be used as a therapeutic target. ..
- Boddu R, Fan C, Rangarajan S, Sunil B, Bolisetty S, Curtis L. Unique sex- and age-dependent effects in protective pathways in acute kidney injury. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2017;313:F740-F755 pubmed publisher..These distinctions may offer novel targets to exploit therapeutically in both females and males in the treatment of AKI. ..
- Wei J, Song J, Jiang S, Zhang G, Wheeler D, Zhang J, et al. Role of intratubular pressure during the ischemic phase in acute kidney injury. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2017;312:F1158-F1165 pubmed publisher..In summary, we found that higher Pt during the ischemic phase promoted the development of AKI, while lower Pt protected from kidney injury. Pt may be a potential target for treatment of AKI. ..
- Liu J, Li G, Li L, Liu Z, Zhou Q, Wang G, et al. Surfactant protein-D (SP-D) gene polymorphisms and serum level as predictors of susceptibility and prognosis of acute kidney injury in the Chinese population. BMC Nephrol. 2017;18:67 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings suggest that SP-D may be useful as a biomarker of AKI susceptibility and prognosis. ..
- Mohamed F, Buckley N, Pickering J, Wunnapuk K, Dissanayake S, Chathuranga U, et al. Nephrotoxicity-induced proteinuria increases biomarker diagnostic thresholds in acute kidney injury. BMC Nephrol. 2017;18:122 pubmed publisher..AKI biomarker cutoffs for diagnosis, outcome prediction and AKI stratification increased in the presence of albuminuria. This may lead to over-diagnosis of AKI in conditions independently associated with proteinuria. ..