Genomes and Genes
dopamine d5 receptors
Summary: A subtype of dopamine D1 receptors that has higher affinity for DOPAMINE and differentially couples to GTP-BINDING PROTEINS.
- Kudolo J, Tabassum H, Frey S, Lopez J, Hassan H, Frey J, et al. Electrical and pharmacological manipulations of the nucleus accumbens core impair synaptic plasticity in the dentate gyrus of the rat. Neuroscience. 2010;168:723-31 pubmed publisher..A role for dopaminergic innervation to the NAcc, modifying susceptibility for synaptic plasticity outside the NAcc is also suggested by our results. ..
- Hasbi A, O Dowd B, George S. Heteromerization of dopamine D2 receptors with dopamine D1 or D5 receptors generates intracellular calcium signaling by different mechanisms. Curr Opin Pharmacol. 2010;10:93-9 pubmed publisher..These novel receptor heteromeric complexes, for the first time, establish the link between dopamine action and rapid calcium signaling. ..
- D Aoust J, Tiberi M. Role of the extracellular amino terminus and first membrane-spanning helix of dopamine D1 and D5 receptors in shaping ligand selectivity and efficacy. Cell Signal. 2010;22:106-16 pubmed publisher..In summary, our study shows that NT and TM1 of D1-like receptors control ligand binding and agonist-induced activation, poising these regions as important structural determinants for catecholamine GPCR function. ..
- Gao X, Su L, Zhao A, Luo X, Xia K. [Association of 14 polymorphisms in the five candidate genes and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder]. Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi. 2009;11:617-22 pubmed..The specific combination of three sites of SNP in SNAP-25 gene and DRDI gene is found and shows an association with ADHD in 12 polymorphisms of the five candidate genes on glutamatergic/dopaminergic pathway. ..
- Burman C, Reale V, Srivastava D, Evans P. Identification and characterization of a novel amphioxus dopamine D-like receptor. J Neurochem. 2009;111:26-36 pubmed publisher..Moreover, no pharmacological characteristics were observed to suggest that AmphiD(1)/beta may be an amphioxus orthologue of vertebrate beta-adrenergic receptors. ..
- Housley D, Nikolas M, Venta P, Jernigan K, Waldman I, Nigg J, et al. SNP discovery and haplotype analysis in the segmentally duplicated DRD5 coding region. Ann Hum Genet. 2009;73:274-82 pubmed publisher..The simple and relatively inexpensive method presented herein allows for convenient analysis of sequence variation in DRD5 and can be easily adapted to other duplicated genomic regions in order to obtain good quality sequence data. ..
- Glausier J, Khan Z, Muly E. Dopamine D1 and D5 receptors are localized to discrete populations of interneurons in primate prefrontal cortex. Cereb Cortex. 2009;19:1820-34 pubmed publisher..Integrating these findings with previously published electrophysiological data, we propose a circuitry model as a framework for understanding the inverted-U relationship between dopamine stimulation of D1R and WM performance. ..
- Oda S, Funato H, Adachi Akahane S, Ito M, Okada A, Igarashi H, et al. Dopamine D5 receptor immunoreactivity is differentially distributed in GABAergic interneurons and pyramidal cells in the rat medial prefrontal cortex. Brain Res. 2010;1329:89-102 pubmed publisher..Thus, the distribution pattern of D5R immunolabeling is markedly different between pyramidal neurons and PV neurons. D5R may underlie dopamine modulation of cognitive function in PFC. ..
- Gizer I, Ficks C, Waldman I. Candidate gene studies of ADHD: a meta-analytic review. Hum Genet. 2009;126:51-90 pubmed publisher..g., ADHD subtype diagnoses, gender, exposure to environmental risk factors). We conclude with a discussion of these findings in relation to emerging themes relevant to future studies of the genetics of ADHD. ..
- Natarajan A, Han G, Chen S, Yu P, White R, Jose P. The d5 dopamine receptor mediates large-conductance, calcium- and voltage-activated potassium channel activation in human coronary artery smooth muscle cells. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2010;332:640-9 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of differential D(1)-like receptor regulation of vascular smooth muscle function in human cells. ..
- Loos M, Pattij T, Janssen M, Counotte D, Schoffelmeer A, Smit A, et al. Dopamine receptor D1/D5 gene expression in the medial prefrontal cortex predicts impulsive choice in rats. Cereb Cortex. 2010;20:1064-70 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate that this class of dopamine receptors in the mPFC plays a pivotal role in impulsive choice, and aberrancies thereof might contribute to ADHD symptomatology. ..
- Schulze M, Siol O, Meise W, Lehmann J, Enzensperger C. Ring expansions of tetrahydroprotoberberines and related dibenzo[c,g]azecines modulate the dopamine receptor subtype affinity and selectivity. Arch Pharm (Weinheim). 2010;343:207-14 pubmed publisher..Distances in energy-minimized conformations were measured in order to explain our findings. ..
- Heshmati M. Cocaine-induced LTP in the ventral tegmental area: new insights into mechanism and time course illuminate the cellular substrates of addiction. J Neurophysiol. 2009;101:2735-7 pubmed publisher..A recent study has provided new insights into cocaine-induced LTP, showing that it begins 3-5 h after exposure, requires activation of a dopamine D(5)/NMDA receptor cascade, and can be evoked by cocaine application directly to the VTA. ..
- Peters M, Scott C. Evaluating cellular impedance assays for detection of GPCR pleiotropic signaling and functional selectivity. J Biomol Screen. 2009;14:246-55 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the dynamic impedance profile encodes valuable relative signaling information and is sufficiently robust to help evaluate cell-specific signaling and functional selectivity. ..
- Yang J, Cui Z, He D, Ren H, Han Y, Yu C, et al. Insulin increases D5 dopamine receptor expression and function in renal proximal tubule cells from Wistar-Kyoto rats. Am J Hypertens. 2009;22:770-6 pubmed publisher..Insulin and D(5) receptors interact to regulate renal sodium transport; an aberrant interaction between insulin and D(5) receptor may participate in the pathogenesis of hypertension. ..
- Goodarzi A, Vousooghi N, Sedaghati M, Mokri A, Zarrindast M. Dopamine receptors in human peripheral blood lymphocytes: changes in mRNA expression in opioid addiction. Eur J Pharmacol. 2009;615:218-22 pubmed publisher..The dopamine D(3) receptor may have a negative feedback role in addiction; however, we have no explanation for the persisting up-regulation of this receptor in methadone subjects...
- Lapointe N, Rouleau P, Ung R, Guertin P. Specific role of dopamine D1 receptors in spinal network activation and rhythmic movement induction in vertebrates. J Physiol. 2009;587:1499-511 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results clearly show in mice the existence of a role for D1 receptors in spinal network activation and corresponding rhythmic movement generation. ..
- Cavallotti C, Mancone M, Bruzzone P, Sabbatini M, Mignini F. Dopamine receptor subtypes in the native human heart. Heart Vessels. 2010;25:432-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a favorable basis for researching the role of dopamine receptors in controlling functions of the human heart and in the pathogenesis of cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Muly E, Senyuz M, Khan Z, Guo J, Hazra R, Rainnie D. Distribution of D1 and D5 dopamine receptors in the primate and rat basolateral amygdala. Brain Struct Funct. 2009;213:375-93 pubmed publisher..The results presented here suggest a complex action of dopamine on BLA circuitry that may evolve with different degrees of dopaminergic stimulation...