Genomes and Genes
Summary: Cell-surface proteins that bind dopamine with high affinity and trigger intracellular changes influencing the behavior of cells.
- Jan C, Muriel M, Rolland A, Hirsch E, Francois C. Localization of D1a dopamine receptors on cell bodies and axonal endings in the substantia nigra pars reticulata of the rat. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2007;114:1509-17 pubmed
- Schellekens A, van Oosterwijck A, Ellenbroek B, De Jong C, Buitelaar J, Cools L, et al. The dopamine agonist apomorphine differentially affects cognitive performance in alcohol dependent patients and healthy controls. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2009;19:68-73 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to assess sensitivity of prefrontal dopamine receptors in alcohol dependent patients...
- Wirtshafter D, Stratford T. Evidence for motivational effects elicited by activation of GABA-A or dopamine receptors in the nucleus accumbens shell. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2010;96:342-6 pubmed publisher..Breaking points were also increased by injections of amphetamine into the AcbSh. ..
- Bergerot A, Storer R, Goadsby P. Dopamine inhibits trigeminovascular transmission in the rat. Ann Neurol. 2007;61:251-62 pubmed..on nociceptive trigeminovascular neurotransmission, we first determined using immunohistofluorescence that dopamine receptors were present in the rat trigeminocervical complex; then using extracellular recording techniques, we ..
- Meyer P, Morgan M, Kozell L, Ingram S. Contribution of dopamine receptors to periaqueductal gray-mediated antinociception. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2009;204:531-40 pubmed publisher..The lack of an effect of alpha-flupenthixol on opioid-inhibition of eIPSCs indicates that this modulation occurs in parallel or subsequent to inhibition of GABA release. ..
- Pritchard A, Ratcliffe L, Sorour E, Haque S, Holder R, Bentham P, et al. Investigation of dopamine receptors in susceptibility to behavioural and psychological symptoms in Alzheimer's disease. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2009;24:1020-5 pubmed publisher..A genetic component to the development of BPSD in AD has been supported. Polymorphisms within dopamine receptors DRD1, DRD2, DRD3 and DRD4 have previously been investigated in a few interesting studies that are reviewed ..
- Gahete M, Rubio A, Duran Prado M, Avila J, Luque R, Castaño J. Expression of Somatostatin, cortistatin, and their receptors, as well as dopamine receptors, but not of neprilysin, are reduced in the temporal lobe of Alzheimer's disease patients. J Alzheimers Dis. 2010;20:465-75 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results define a comprehensive scenario wherein reduction of ssts, drds, and sst ligands SST and CST, could be involved, at least in part, in some of the more important defects observed in AD. ..
- Wolstencroft E, Simic G, thi Man N, Holt I, Lam L, Buckland P, et al. Endosomal location of dopamine receptors in neuronal cell cytoplasm. J Mol Histol. 2007;38:333-40 pubmed..Only some of the neurons were positive for dopamine receptors and the pattern was consistent with previously-reported patterns of innervation by dopamine-producing ..
- Unoki S, Matsumoto Y, Mizunami M. Participation of octopaminergic reward system and dopaminergic punishment system in insect olfactory learning revealed by pharmacological study. Eur J Neurosci. 2005;22:1409-16 pubmed..This finding, combined with findings in previous studies, suggests that the octopaminergic reward system and dopaminergic punishment system participate in insect olfactory learning with various appetitive and aversive reinforcements. ..
- Waddington J, O Tuathaigh C, O Sullivan G, Tomiyama K, Koshikawa N, Croke D. Phenotypic studies on dopamine receptor subtype and associated signal transduction mutants: insights and challenges from 10 years at the psychopharmacology-molecular biology interface. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2005;181:611-38 pubmed..The findings are also offered heuristically as a base for such phenotypic comparisons at additional levels of behaviour so that a yet more complete phenotypic profile might emerge. ..
- Brody A, Mandelkern M, Olmstead R, Scheibal D, Hahn E, Shiraga S, et al. Gene variants of brain dopamine pathways and smoking-induced dopamine release in the ventral caudate/nucleus accumbens. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2006;63:808-16 pubmed
- Cropley V, Fujita M, Innis R, Nathan P. Molecular imaging of the dopaminergic system and its association with human cognitive function. Biol Psychiatry. 2006;59:898-907 pubmed
- Xhaard H, Rantanen V, Nyrönen T, Johnson M. Molecular evolution of adrenoceptors and dopamine receptors: implications for the binding of catecholamines. J Med Chem. 2006;49:1706-19 pubmed..Complementarity between the ligand and the binding site suggests that the bovine rhodopsin structure is a suitable template for modeling agonist-bound CABRs. ..
- Smythies J. Section II. The dopamine system. Int Rev Neurobiol. 2005;64:123-72 pubmed
- Minuzzi L, Olsen A, Bender D, Arnfred S, Grant R, Danielsen E, et al. Quantitative autoradiography of ligands for dopamine receptors and transporters in brain of Göttingen minipig: comparison with results in vivo. Synapse. 2006;59:211-9 pubmed..However, well-characterized piperazine and tropane radioligands failed to recognize DAT in pig brain; the two tropane radioligands lacked pharmacological specificity for DAT and SERT in pig brain in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Hurley M, Jenner P. What has been learnt from study of dopamine receptors in Parkinson's disease?. Pharmacol Ther. 2006;111:715-28 pubmed
- Marinelli M, Rudick C, Hu X, White F. Excitability of dopamine neurons: modulation and physiological consequences. CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets. 2006;5:79-97 pubmed..We will conclude by discussing how changes in the physiology of the dopamine neurons could participate in the development or exacerbation of psychiatric conditions such as drug addiction. ..
- Zornoza T, Cano Cebrián M, Martinez Garcia F, Polache A, Granero L. Hippocampal dopamine receptors modulate cFos expression in the rat nucleus accumbens evoked by chemical stimulation of the ventral hippocampus. Neuropharmacology. 2005;49:1067-76 pubmed..In contrast, raclopride had no significant effect. Our present results show that the NMDA receptor mediated effects in the VH require D1 receptors and suggest that DA in VH strongly modulates the excitatory outputs from this brain area. ..
- Schwendt M, Gold S, McGinty J. Acute amphetamine down-regulates RGS4 mRNA and protein expression in rat forebrain: distinct roles of D1 and D2 dopamine receptors. J Neurochem. 2006;96:1606-15 pubmed
- Pierce R, Kumaresan V. The mesolimbic dopamine system: the final common pathway for the reinforcing effect of drugs of abuse?. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2006;30:215-38 pubmed
- Tamminga C. The neurobiology of cognition in schizophrenia. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006;67:e11 pubmed..Domain treatment of schizophrenia is a new method of treating schizophrenia that involves treating a single domain of dysfunction at a time. ..
- Wang R, Xu X, Zhu Q. Pubertal exposure to di-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate influences social behavior and dopamine receptor D2 of adult female mice. Chemosphere. 2016;144:1771-9 pubmed publisher..The decreased activity of ERK1/2, and the down-regulated D2 and ERÎ² in striatum may be associated with the DEHP-induced changes of emotional and social behavior in mice. ..
- Muller D, Chiesa A, Mandelli L, De Luca V, De Ronchi D, Jain U, et al. Correlation of a set of gene variants, life events and personality features on adult ADHD severity. J Psychiatr Res. 2010;44:598-604 pubmed publisher..However, several limitations such as the small sample size and the exclusion of patients with other severe comorbid psychiatric disorders could have influenced the significance of present findings. ..
- Jones A. What are the nursing implications when using paliperidone prolonged release for people with schizophrenia. J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs. 2008;15:792-9 pubmed publisher..Studies investigating paliperidone PR are reviewed along with implications for its use by nurse prescribers and those nurses who monitor the use of medication for people with psychosis. ..
- Sinharay S, Lee D, Shah S, Muthusamy S, Papadakis G, Zhang X, et al. Cross-sectional and longitudinal small animal PET shows pre and post-synaptic striatal dopaminergic deficits in an animal model of HIV. Nucl Med Biol. 2017;55:27-33 pubmed publisher..The Tg rat, along with the above-described quantitative PET imaging biomarkers, can have a role in the evaluation of HIV neuroprotective therapies prior to human translation. ..
- Korz V, Frey J. Hormonal and monoamine signaling during reinforcement of hippocampal long-term potentiation and memory retrieval. Learn Mem. 2007;14:160-6 pubmed..The data provide evidence for similar integrative interactions between different signaling systems during cellular memory processes. ..
- Martin N, McDougall M, Hay D. What are the key directions in the genetics of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder?. Curr Opin Psychiatry. 2008;21:356-61 pubmed publisher..This is not just within attention deficit hyperactivity disorder as in the IMAGE study, but also across disciplines. ..
- Dalley J, Everitt B. Dopamine receptors in the learning, memory and drug reward circuitry. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2009;20:403-10 pubmed publisherAs primary targets of a variety of abused drugs G-protein-coupled dopamine receptors in the brain play an important role in mediating the various drug-induced alterations in neural and psychological processes thought to underlie the ..
- Ryan S, Li C, Menigoz A, Hazra R, Dabrowska J, Ehrlich D, et al. Repeated shock stress facilitates basolateral amygdala synaptic plasticity through decreased cAMP-specific phosphodiesterase type IV (PDE4) expression. Brain Struct Funct. 2018;223:1731-1745 pubmed publisher..of long-term potentiation (LTP) in BLA principal neurons is dependent on activation of postsynaptic D1 dopamine receptors and the subsequent activation of the cyclic adenosine 5'-monophosphate (cAMP)-protein kinase A (PKA) ..
- Corrales E, Navarro A, Cuenca P, Campos D. Candidate gene study reveals DRD1 and DRD2 as putative interacting risk factors for youth depression. Psychiatry Res. 2016;244:71-7 pubmed publisher..This newly described genetic interaction among putative regulatory regions of dopamine receptors could affect the level of manifestation of depressive symptoms through an imbalance of D1-D2 heteromers and ..
- Chow J, Nickell J, Darna M, Beckmann J. Toward isolating the role of dopamine in the acquisition of incentive salience attribution. Neuropharmacology. 2016;109:320-331 pubmed publisher..elicited sign-tracking and tones that elicited goal-tracking), we tested the differential role of D1 and D2 dopamine receptors and nucleus accumbens dopamine in the acquisition of sign- and goal-tracking behavior and their associated ..
- Lima E, de Sousa C, Meneses L, E Silva Pereira Y, Matos N, de Freitas R, et al. Involvement of monoaminergic systems in anxiolytic and antidepressive activities of the standardized extract of Cocos nucifera L. J Nat Med. 2017;71:227-237 pubmed publisher..effect of HECN appears to be related to the GABAergic system, while its antidepressant effect depends upon its interaction with the serotoninergic, noradrenergic (Î±1 receptors), and dopaminergic (D2 dopamine receptors) systems.
- Miklosi A, Del Favero G, Bulat T, Hoger H, Shigemoto R, Marko D, et al. Super-resolution Microscopical Localization of Dopamine Receptors 1 and 2 in Rat Hippocampal Synaptosomes. Mol Neurobiol. 2018;55:4857-4869 pubmed publisherAlthough dopamine receptors D1 and D2 play key roles in hippocampal function, their synaptic localization within the hippocampus has not been fully elucidated...
- Grigsby K, Ruegsegger G, Childs T, Booth F. Overexpression of Protein Kinase Inhibitor Alpha Reverses Rat Low Voluntary Running Behavior. Mol Neurobiol. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Importantly, there were divergent molecular responses to protein kinase inhibitor alpha overexpression in low voluntary runners compared to wild-type rats. ..
- Palma B, Hipolide D, Tufik S. Effects on prolactin secretion and binding to dopaminergic receptors in sleep-deprived lupus-prone mice. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2009;42:299-304 pubmed
- Soares Cunha C, Coimbra B, David Pereira A, Borges S, Pinto L, Costa P, et al. Activation of D2 dopamine receptor-expressing neurons in the nucleus accumbens increases motivation. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11829 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the classic view of D1-D2 functional antagonism does not hold true for all dimensions of reward-related behaviours, and that D2 neurons may play a more prominent pro-motivation role than originally anticipated. ..
- Reichelt D, Radad K, Moldzio R, Rausch W, Reichmann H, Gille G. Comparable Neuroprotective Effects of Pergolide and Pramipexole on Ferrous Sulfate-Induced Dopaminergic Cell Death in Cell Culture. CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets. 2016;15:1325-1332 pubmed..Pergolide specifically protects dopaminergic neurons through activation of dopamine receptors and de novo protein synthesis whereas pramipexole shows an overall effect through an antioxidant mechanism.
- Sifuentes RincÃ³n A, Trejo Tapia A, Randel R, Ambriz Morales P, Parra Bracamonte G. Bovine dopamine receptors DRD1, DRD4, and DRD5: genetic polymorphisms and diversities among ten cattle breeds. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15: pubmed publisher..taurus indicus breeds and their crosses, further studies are needed to investigate if any association exists between described markers and cattle behavior traits. ..
- Alexander P, Gicas K, Willi T, Kim C, Boyeva V, Procyshyn R, et al. A comparison of psychotic symptoms in subjects with methamphetamine versus cocaine dependence. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2017;234:1535-1547 pubmed publisher..Methamphetamine dependence was associated with more severe positive symptoms of psychosis than cocaine dependence. Concurrent cocaine + methamphetamine dependence did not increase psychosis severity. ..
- Naderi M, Jamwal A, Chivers D, Niyogi S. Modulatory effects of dopamine receptors on associative learning performance in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Behav Brain Res. 2016;303:109-19 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results shed first light on modulatory role of dopamine receptors in different aspects of learning and memory in zebrafish.
- Olvera Cortés M, Anguiano Rodríguez P, López Vázquez M, Alfaro J. Serotonin/dopamine interaction in learning. Prog Brain Res. 2008;172:567-602 pubmed publisher..The complete significance of DA-serotonin interactions in cognitive functions could be addressed by future experimental and clinical studies. ..
- Guillin O, Abi Dargham A, Laruelle M. Neurobiology of dopamine in schizophrenia. Int Rev Neurobiol. 2007;78:1-39 pubmed
- Colao A, Hofland L. The role of somatostatin and dopamine receptors as molecular targets for the treatment of patients with pituitary adenomas. Eur J Endocrinol. 2007;156 Suppl 1:S1 pubmed
- Saxena V, De K, Kumar D, Naqvi S, Krishnaswamy N, Tiwari A. Induction of ovulation in anestrus ewes using a dopamine receptor antagonist. Theriogenology. 2015;84:1362-6 pubmed publisher..05). It is concluded that the result provides proof of concept that the dopamine antagonist can induce ovulation in seasonally anestrus ewes. ..
- Foster A, Miller D, Buckley P. Pharmacogenetics and schizophrenia. Psychiatr Clin North Am. 2007;30:417-35 pubmed