Genomes and Genes
gaba b receptors
Summary: A subset of GABA RECEPTORS that signal through their interaction with HETEROTRIMERIC G-PROTEINS.
- Wang X, Zhang H, Chen S, Pan H. Altered synaptic input and GABAB receptor function in spinal superficial dorsal horn neurons in rats with diabetic neuropathy. J Physiol. 2007;579:849-61 pubmed..Furthermore, the function of presynaptic GABAB receptors at primary afferent terminals, but not that on GABAergic and glycinergic interneurons, in the spinal cord is reduced in diabetic neuropathy. ..
- Castro A, Pinto M, Lima D, Tavares I. Secondary hyperalgesia in the monoarthritic rat is mediated by GABAB and NK1 receptors of spinal dorsal horn neurons: a behavior and c-fos study. Neuroscience. 2006;141:2087-95 pubmed
- Guetg N, Seddik R, Vigot R, Turecek R, Gassmann M, Vogt K, et al. The GABAB1a isoform mediates heterosynaptic depression at hippocampal mossy fiber synapses. J Neurosci. 2009;29:1414-23 pubmed publisher..This consolidates that the differential subcellular localization of the GABA(B1a) and GABA(B1b) proteins is of regulatory relevance. ..
- Anjard C, Loomis W. GABA induces terminal differentiation of Dictyostelium through a GABAB receptor. Development. 2006;133:2253-61 pubmed..These results indicate that GABA is not only a neurotransmitter but also an ancient intercellular signal...
- Ouyang C, Guo L, Lu Q, Xu X, Wang H. Enhanced activity of GABA receptors inhibits glutamate release induced by focal cerebral ischemia in rat striatum. Neurosci Lett. 2007;420:174-8 pubmed
- Price C, Scott R, Rusakov D, Capogna M. GABA(B) receptor modulation of feedforward inhibition through hippocampal neurogliaform cells. J Neurosci. 2008;28:6974-82 pubmed publisher..The NGFC-CA1 pyramidal cell connection therefore provides a unique and subtle mechanism to shape the integration time domain for signals arriving via a major excitatory input to CA1 pyramidal cells. ..
- Kuramoto N, Wilkins M, Fairfax B, Revilla Sanchez R, Terunuma M, Tamaki K, et al. Phospho-dependent functional modulation of GABA(B) receptors by the metabolic sensor AMP-dependent protein kinase. Neuron. 2007;53:233-47 pubmed..Together our results provide evidence of a neuroprotective mechanism, which, under conditions of metabolic stress or after ischemia, increases GABA(B) receptor function to reduce excitotoxicity and thereby promotes neuronal survival. ..
- Franek M. [History and the present of metabotropic GABAB receptor]. Cesk Fysiol. 2004;53:117-24 pubmed..Recently, a novel GPCR with close relation to GABAB was cloned. It was termed GABABL, its role in GABAB activation has not been discovered yet. ..
- Prabhu Y, Eichinger L. The Dictyostelium repertoire of seven transmembrane domain receptors. Eur J Cell Biol. 2006;85:937-46 pubmed..discoideum was surprising because they had not been observed outside the animal kingdom before. Their presence suggests unprecedentedly complex and so far unknown signaling activities in this lower eukaryote. ..
- Vigot R, Barbieri S, Brauner Osborne H, Turecek R, Shigemoto R, Zhang Y, et al. Differential compartmentalization and distinct functions of GABAB receptor variants. Neuron. 2006;50:589-601 pubmed..The constitutive absence of GABAB1a but not GABAB1b results in impaired synaptic plasticity and hippocampus-dependent memory, emphasizing molecular differences in synaptic GABAB functions. ..
- Oka M, Wada M, Wu Q, Yamamoto A, Fujita T. Functional expression of metabotropic GABAB receptors in primary cultures of astrocytes from rat cerebral cortex. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;341:874-81 pubmed..Taken collectively, these results demonstrate that functionally active metabotropic GABA(B) receptors are expressed in rat cerebrocortical astrocytes. ..
- Haller C, Casanova E, Muller M, Vacher C, Vigot R, Doll T, et al. Floxed allele for conditional inactivation of the GABAB(1) gene. Genesis. 2004;40:125-30 pubmed..The conditional GABA(B(1)) allele described here is therefore suitable for generating mice with a site- and time-specific loss of GABA(B) function. ..
- Holter J, Davies J, Leresche N, Crunelli V, Carter D. Identification of two further splice variants of GABABR1 characterizes the conserved micro-exon 4 as a hot spot for regulated splicing in the rat brain. J Mol Neurosci. 2005;26:99-108 pubmed..Conservation of GABABR1 micro-exon 4 across species suggests a conserved functional role, facilitating either N-terminal protein production or post-transcriptional gene regulation through regulated splicing coupled to transcript decay. ..
- Vollenweider F, Bendfeldt K, Maetzler W, Otten U, Nitsch C. GABA(B) receptor expression and cellular localization in gerbil hippocampus after transient global ischemia. Neurosci Lett. 2006;395:118-23 pubmed
- Simon A, Oláh S, Molnár G, Szabadics J, Tamas G. Gap-junctional coupling between neurogliaform cells and various interneuron types in the neocortex. J Neurosci. 2005;25:6278-85 pubmed..Widespread electrical connections might enable neurogliaform cells to monitor the activity of different interneurons acting on GABA(A) receptors at various regions of target cells. ..
- Beuten J, Ma J, Payne T, Dupont R, Crews K, Somes G, et al. Single- and multilocus allelic variants within the GABA(B) receptor subunit 2 (GABAB2) gene are significantly associated with nicotine dependence. Am J Hum Genet. 2005;76:859-64 pubmed..In summary, our findings provide evidence of a significant association of GABAB2 variants with ND, implying that this gene plays an important role in the etiology of this drug addiction. ..
- Kleschevnikov A, Belichenko P, Faizi M, Jacobs L, Htun K, Shamloo M, et al. Deficits in cognition and synaptic plasticity in a mouse model of Down syndrome ameliorated by GABAB receptor antagonists. J Neurosci. 2012;32:9217-27 pubmed publisher..The ability to rescue cognitive performance through treatment with selective GABA(B) receptor antagonists motivates studies to further explore the therapeutic potential of these compounds in people with DS...
- Sugiyama Y, Kawaguchi S, Hirano T. mGluR1-mediated facilitation of long-term potentiation at inhibitory synapses on a cerebellar Purkinje neuron. Eur J Neurosci. 2008;27:884-96 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that mGluR1 activity counteracts GABA(B)R activity and contributes to RP induction through PKA activation, down-regulation of PP-1 and up-regulation of CaMKII...
- Silberman Y, Shi L, Brunso Bechtold J, Weiner J. Distinct mechanisms of ethanol potentiation of local and paracapsular GABAergic synapses in the rat basolateral amygdala. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2008;324:251-60 pubmed..Collectively, these data reveal that EtOH can potentiate GABAergic inhibitory synaptic transmission in the rat BLA through at least two distinct pathways. ..
- Wilkins M, Li X, Smart T. Tracking cell surface GABAB receptors using an alpha-bungarotoxin tag. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:34745-52 pubmed publisher..The bungarotoxin-based method of receptor-tagging seems ideally suited to follow the dynamic regulation of other G-protein-coupled receptors. ..
- Frankowska M, Wydra K, Faron Górecka A, Zaniewska M, Kusmider M, Dziedzicka Wasylewska M, et al. Neuroadaptive changes in the rat brain GABA(B) receptors after withdrawal from cocaine self-administration. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;599:58-64 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, withdrawal from cocaine self-administration evoked changes in the GABA(B) receptor binding in several rat brain areas that may indicate neurobiological adaptations. ..
- Keefer E, Gramowski A, Gross G. NMDA receptor-dependent periodic oscillations in cultured spinal cord networks. J Neurophysiol. 2001;86:3030-42 pubmed
- Zupan B, Toth M. Inactivation of the maternal fragile X gene results in sensitization of GABAB receptor function in the offspring. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2008;327:820-6 pubmed publisher..These data show that GABA(B)R sensitization, traditionally induced pharmacologically, can also be elicited by the fmr1-deficient maternal environment. ..
- Traub R, Bibbig R, Piechotta A, Draguhn R, Schmitz D. Synaptic and nonsynaptic contributions to giant ipsps and ectopic spikes induced by 4-aminopyridine in the hippocampus in vitro. J Neurophysiol. 2001;85:1246-56 pubmed..We conclude that in 4-AP, axonal gap junctions could, at least in principle, account in part for both the large IPSPs, and for the antidromic activity in pyramidal neurons...
- Mombereau C, Lhuillier L, Kaupmann K, Cryan J. GABAB receptor-positive modulation-induced blockade of the rewarding properties of nicotine is associated with a reduction in nucleus accumbens DeltaFosB accumulation. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2007;321:172-7 pubmed..Taken together, the behavioral and molecular changes induced by nicotine occur in concert and are concomitantly amenable to reversal by GABAB receptor-positive modulators. ..
- Farahmandfar M, Akbarabadi A, Bakhtazad A, Zarrindast M. Recovery from ketamine-induced amnesia by blockade of GABA-A receptor in the medial prefrontal cortex of mice. Neuroscience. 2017;344:48-55 pubmed publisher..005, 0.1 and 0.5?g/mouse). It can be concluded that GABAergic system of the mPFC is involved in the ketamine-induced impairment of memory acquisition. ..
- Caputo F, Vignoli T, Francini S, Stoppo M, Bernardi M. GABAergic medications for treating alcohol dependence. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2007;27:539-40; author reply 540-2 pubmed
- Nasehi M, Alaghmandan Motlagh N, Ebrahimi Ghiri M, Nami M, Zarrindast M. The interaction between hippocampal GABA-B and cannabinoid receptors upon spatial change and object novelty discrimination memory function. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2017;234:3117-3128 pubmed publisher..Based on our findings, GABA-B receptors in the CA1 region appear to modulate the ACPA-induced cannabinoid CB1 signaling upon spatial change and novelty discrimination memory functions. ..
- Ghuman S, Jones D, Prabhakar S, Smith R, Dobson H. GABA control of GnRH release from the ewe hypothalamus in vitro: sensitivity to oestradiol. Reprod Domest Anim. 2008;43:531-41 pubmed publisher..In summary, GnRH release from the hypothalamus is predominantly under GABA(A) receptor inhibitory control and this is attenuated in the presence of oestradiol. ..
- Gallus L, Ferrando S, Gambardella C, Diaspro A, Bianchini P, Piazza V, et al. The GABAergic-like system in the cyprid of Balanus amphitrite (=Amphibalanus amphitrite) (Cirripedia, Crustacea). Biofouling. 2010;26:155-65 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a neurotransmitter/neuromodulatory role for GABA in thoracic muscle contraction and regulatory functions in compound eyes and antennules of B. amphitrite cyprids. ..
- Puppe A, Limmroth V. GABAergic drugs for the treatment of migraine. CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets. 2007;6:247-50 pubmed..This review summarizes the current knowledge and evidence for GABAergic drugs in the treatment of migraine. ..
- Locock K, Johnston G, Allan R. GABA analogues derived from 4-aminocyclopent-1-enecarboxylic acid. Neurochem Res. 2009;34:1698-703 pubmed publisher..This study has shown that GABA analogues derived by thiol addition to 4-aminocyclopent-1-enecarboxylic acid display interesting antagonist activity at the alpha(1)beta(2)gamma(2L) GABA(A) receptor. ..
- Frisullo G, Della Marca G, Mirabella M, Caggiula M, Broccolini A, Rubino M, et al. A human anti-neuronal autoantibody against GABA B receptor induces experimental autoimmune agrypnia. Exp Neurol. 2007;204:808-18 pubmed
- Spary E, Maqbool A, Saha S, Batten T. Increased GABA B receptor subtype expression in the nucleus of the solitary tract of the spontaneously hypertensive rat. J Mol Neurosci. 2008;35:211-24 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that GABA(B) receptors expressed by neurones in NTS may be involved in cardiovascular regulation and that changes in GABA(B) mRNA expression levels may contribute to the hypertensive state in SHR. ..
- Cho J, Wymer J. Paraneoplastic Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome With Limbic Encephalitis: Clinical Correlation With the Coexistence of Anti-VGCC and Anti-GABAB Receptor Antibodies. J Clin Neuromuscul Dis. 2017;19:84-88 pubmed publisher..To characterize Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome and limbic encephalitis with coexistent voltage-gated calcium channel (VGCC) antibody and ?-aminobutyric acid (GABA) B receptor antibody...
- Boyes J, Bolam J. Localization of GABA receptors in the basal ganglia. Prog Brain Res. 2007;160:229-43 pubmed
- Gjoni T, Urwyler S. Receptor activation involving positive allosteric modulation, unlike full agonism, does not result in GABAB receptor desensitization. Neuropharmacology. 2008;55:1293-9 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results conform to predictions that positive allosteric modulators have less propensity for the development of tolerance due to receptor desensitization than classical agonists. ..
- Prabhu Y, Muller R, Anjard C, Noegel A. GrlJ, a Dictyostelium GABAB-like receptor with roles in post-aggregation development. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:44 pubmed..Expression of a GFP-tagged full length GrlJ rescued the phenotype. Our data suggest that GrlJ acts at several stages of Dictyostelium development and that it is a negative regulator in Dictyostelium development. ..
- Lee H, Li S, Park M, Bahk Y, Chung B, Kim M. Ethanol's effect on intracellular signal pathways in prenatal rat cortical neurons is GABAB1 dependent. Synapse. 2007;61:622-8 pubmed..These results showed that the GABA(B) receptors are critical to ethanol's cellular effects, which occur via modulating the PKA and CREB transcription pathway, and may be an underlying cause of ethanol's effects. ..
- Irlbacher K, Brocke J, Mechow J, Brandt S. Effects of GABA(A) and GABA(B) agonists on interhemispheric inhibition in man. Clin Neurophysiol. 2007;118:308-16 pubmed..Because interhemispheric interaction is now also been used as a therapeutic approach, understanding the underlying neurotransmitter systems will be increasingly relevant. ..
- Filip M, Frankowska M. GABA(B) receptors in drug addiction. Pharmacol Rep. 2008;60:755-70 pubmed..It also reviews the current knowledge about the GABA(B) receptor ligands in clinical trials, with a focus on their effects on presentation of the drug-associated cues and withdrawal-induced drug craving. ..
- Cimarosti H, Kantamneni S, Henley J. Ischaemia differentially regulates GABA(B) receptor subunits in organotypic hippocampal slice cultures. Neuropharmacology. 2009;56:1088-96 pubmed publisher..However, because GABA(B2) is required for functional surface expression, down-regulation of this subunit removes an important inhibitory feedback mechanism under pathological conditions. ..
- Nowak G, Partyka A, Pałucha A, Szewczyk B, Wieronska J, Dybała M, et al. Antidepressant-like activity of CGP 36742 and CGP 51176, selective GABAB receptor antagonists, in rodents. Br J Pharmacol. 2006;149:581-90 pubmed..These data suggest that selective GABAB receptor antagonists may be useful in treatment of depression, and support an important role for GABA-ergic transmission in this disorder. ..
- Maurel D, Comps Agrar L, Brock C, Rives M, Bourrier E, Ayoub M, et al. Cell-surface protein-protein interaction analysis with time-resolved FRET and snap-tag technologies: application to GPCR oligomerization. Nat Methods. 2008;5:561-7 pubmed publisher..This approach will be useful in systematic analysis of cell-surface protein interaction in living cells. ..
- Brown J, Davies C, Randall A. Synaptic activation of GABA(B) receptors regulates neuronal network activity and entrainment. Eur J Neurosci. 2007;25:2982-90 pubmed..Furthermore, the flow of such information into a functioning neuronal network is highly regulated by GABA(B) receptor-mediated synaptic inhibition. ..
- Chou I, Lee C, Tsai C, Tsai Y, Wan L, Hsu Y, et al. Association of GABRG2 polymorphisms with idiopathic generalized epilepsy. Pediatr Neurol. 2007;36:40-4 pubmed..These data suggest that the gamma2 subunit of the GABA receptor gene might be one of the susceptibility factors for idiopathic generalized epilepsies. ..
- Nazari M, Komaki A, Karamian R, Shahidi S, Sarihi A, Asadbegi M. The interactive role of CB(1) and GABA(B) receptors in hippocampal synaptic plasticity in rats. Brain Res Bull. 2016;120:123-30 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that there are functional interactions between the CB1 and GABAB receptor in the hippocampus. ..
- Heesch C, Laiprasert J, Kvochina L. RVLM glycine receptors mediate GABAA and GABAB)independent sympathoinhibition from CVLM in rats. Brain Res. 2006;1125:46-59 pubmed..Thus, a sympathoexcitatory pathway from the CVLM can be activated in the presence of RVLM GABA receptor blockade, but sympathoinhibitory influences from the CVLM predominate. ..
- Kirmse K, Dvorzhak A, Kirischuk S, Grantyn R. GABA transporter 1 tunes GABAergic synaptic transmission at output neurons of the mouse neostriatum. J Physiol. 2008;586:5665-78 pubmed publisher..We conclude that in the murine neostriatum GAT-1 operates in a net uptake mode. It prevents the persistent activation of presynaptic GABA(B)Rs (P12-34) and prevents (P7-14) or reduces (P19-34) tonic postsynaptic GABA(A)R activity. ..