Genomes and Genes
toll like receptor 6
Summary: A pattern recognition receptor that forms heterodimers with TLR2 RECEPTOR. The complex interacts with a variety of ligands including LIPOPROTEINS from MYCOPLASMA.
- Silvestre R, Silva A, Cordeiro da Silva A, Ouaissi A. The contribution of Toll-like receptor 2 to the innate recognition of a Leishmania infantum silent information regulator 2 protein. Immunology. 2009;128:484-99 pubmed publisher..Together, these results demonstrate that TLR2 signalling contributes to SIR2RP1 recognition by innate immune host cells. ..
- Klekotka P, Yang L, Yokoyama W. Contrasting roles of the IL-1 and IL-18 receptors in MyD88-dependent contact hypersensitivity. J Invest Dermatol. 2010;130:184-91 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that the IL-1R and IL-18R/MyD88 pathways are required in distinctly different cells during the sensitization phase of CHS. ..
- Shokouhi B, Coban C, Hasirci V, Aydin E, Dhanasingh A, Shi N, et al. The role of multiple toll-like receptor signalling cascades on interactions between biomedical polymers and dendritic cells. Biomaterials. 2010;31:5759-71 pubmed publisher..Moreover, they could also be exploited to generate biomaterials for studying the molecular mechanisms of TLR signalling and DC activation aiming at fine-tuning desired and pre-determined immune responses. ..
- House A, Binns M, Gregory S, Catchpole B. Analysis of NOD1, NOD2, TLR1, TLR2, TLR4, TLR5, TLR6 and TLR9 genes in anal furunculosis of German shepherd dogs. Tissue Antigens. 2009;73:250-4 pubmed publisher..The highly restricted PRR genotypes seen in GSD are likely to have resulted from selective breeding and might influence innate immune responses in this breed...
- Plain K, Purdie A, Begg D, de Silva K, Whittington R. Toll-like receptor (TLR)6 and TLR1 differentiation in gene expression studies of Johne's disease. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2010;137:142-8 pubmed publisher..A likely role for TLR6/TLR2 heterodimers in the pathogenesis of JD was identified. TLR6 may be a potential marker of exposure and could aid in the development of a gene signature for sheep resistant to MAP infection...
- Turner J, Langley R, Johnston K, Gentil K, Ford L, Wu B, et al. Wolbachia lipoprotein stimulates innate and adaptive immunity through Toll-like receptors 2 and 6 to induce disease manifestations of filariasis. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:22364-78 pubmed publisher..Thus, in addition to innate inflammatory activation, Wolbachia lipoproteins drive interferon-gamma-dependent CD4+ T cell polarization and antibody switching...
- Love W, Dobbs N, Tabor L, Simecka J. Toll-like receptor 2 (TLR2) plays a major role in innate resistance in the lung against murine Mycoplasma. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10739 pubmed publisher..pulmonis numbers in the lung, and it is likely that early after respiratory infection that TLR2 recognition of M. pulmonis triggers initial cytokine responses of host cells. ..
- Sales M, Schreiber R, Ferreira Sae M, Fernandes M, Piveta C, Cipolli J, et al. Toll-like receptor 6 Ser249Pro polymorphism is associated with lower left ventricular wall thickness and inflammatory response in hypertensive women. Am J Hypertens. 2010;23:649-54 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that hypertensive women homozygous for the TLR6 249Ser polymorphism might exhibit lower LV wall thickness and reduced TLR6-mediated inflammatory response than females carrying the major allele. ..
- Kang J, Nan X, Jin M, Youn S, Ryu Y, Mah S, et al. Recognition of lipopeptide patterns by Toll-like receptor 2-Toll-like receptor 6 heterodimer. Immunity. 2009;31:873-84 pubmed publisher..The structures of the TLR2-lipoteichoic acid and the TLR2-PE-DTPA complexes demonstrate that a precise interaction pattern of the head group is essential for a robust immune response by TLR2 heterodimers. ..
- Lindstrom S, Hunter D, Gronberg H, Stattin P, Wiklund F, Xu J, et al. Sequence variants in the TLR4 and TLR6-1-10 genes and prostate cancer risk. Results based on pooled analysis from three independent studies. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2010;19:873-6 pubmed publisher..To definitely assess the causal relationship between TLR sequence variants and prostate cancer risk, very large sample sizes are needed. ..
- Vu A, Baba T, Chen X, Le T, Kinoshita H, Xie Y, et al. Staphylococcus aureus membrane and diacylated lipopeptide induce thymic stromal lymphopoietin in keratinocytes through the Toll-like receptor 2-Toll-like receptor 6 pathway. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2010;126:985-93, 993.e1-3 pubmed publisher..aureus and AD in the T(H)2-skewed sensitization process, exacerbation of the disease, or both. ..
- Mahanonda R, Sa Ard Iam N, Eksomtramate M, Rerkyen P, Phairat B, Schaecher K, et al. Cigarette smoke extract modulates human beta-defensin-2 and interleukin-8 expression in human gingival epithelial cells. J Periodontal Res. 2009;44:557-64 pubmed publisher..Our results represent the first demonstration that CSE can modulate HGEC function by suppressing hBD-2 and enhancing IL-8 production, and this may be, in part, a possible mechanism which promotes periodontal disease. ..
- Fuchs B, Knothe S, Rochlitzer S, Nassimi M, Greweling M, Lauenstein H, et al. A Toll-like receptor 2/6 agonist reduces allergic airway inflammation in chronic respiratory sensitisation to Timothy grass pollen antigens. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2010;152:131-9 pubmed publisher..The use of the TLR2/6 agonist is a promising therapeutic approach in diseases with an imbalance in T cell responses, such as allergy and asthma. ..
- Bergman I, Rosengren J, Edman K, Edfors I. European wild boars and domestic pigs display different polymorphic patterns in the Toll-like receptor (TLR) 1, TLR2, and TLR6 genes. Immunogenetics. 2010;62:49-58 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the codon usage pattern in the genes studied deviated from the general codon usage pattern in Sus scrofa. ..
- Mao F, Xu W, Qian H, Zhu W, Yan Y, Gao S, et al. [The expression of Toll-like receptor 8 and cytokines in rheumatoid arthritis mice induced by chicken II collogen]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2009;25:312-4, 318 pubmed..To explore the expression of Toll-like receptor 8(TLR8)in rheumatoid arthritis induced by chicken II collogen in mice and analyze the relation of TLR8 to IL-10, IL-17A and IL-1beta...
- Chin A, Fournier B, Peatman E, Reaves T, Lee W, Parkos C. CD47 and TLR-2 cross-talk regulates neutrophil transmigration. J Immunol. 2009;183:5957-63 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings suggest that activation of CD47 signaling enhances PMN sensitivity toward TLR2 activation which, in turn, signals their arrival at a site of invasion and may facilitate antimicrobial function. ..
- Kleinnijenhuis J, Joosten L, van de Veerdonk F, Savage N, van Crevel R, Kullberg B, et al. Transcriptional and inflammasome-mediated pathways for the induction of IL-1beta production by Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Eur J Immunol. 2009;39:1914-22 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we have dissected the molecular mechanisms responsible for IL-1beta production by M. tuberculosis, and that may contribute to a deeper knowledge of the mechanisms of cell activation by M. tuberculosis. ..
- Jablonska E, Garley M. TLRs and Bcl-2 family proteins in neutrophils of oral cavity cancer patients. Folia Histochem Cytobiol. 2009;47:615-9 pubmed publisher..Impaired TLRs expression can lead to insufficient activation of p38PAPK, resulting in low expression of antiapoptotic Mcl-1 protein responsible for shortened lifespan of the examined PMNs. ..
- Arimilli S, Johnson J, Alexander Miller M, Parks G. TLR-4 and -6 agonists reverse apoptosis and promote maturation of simian virus 5-infected human dendritic cells through NFkB-dependent pathways. Virology. 2007;365:144-56 pubmed
- Drage M, Pecora N, Hise A, Febbraio M, Silverstein R, Golenbock D, et al. TLR2 and its co-receptors determine responses of macrophages and dendritic cells to lipoproteins of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Cell Immunol. 2009;258:29-37 pubmed publisher..Thus, lung APC subsets differ in TLR expression, which may determine differences in responses to Mtb. ..
- Xiao W, Gong Y, Liu Z, Wang J. Single nucleotide polymorphisms and haplotypes of TLR6 gene in Chinese Cantonese population. Int J Immunogenet. 2010;37:245-51 pubmed publisher..It may in part reflect the ethnic diversity of pathogen susceptibility and facilitate to develop the disease-association studies as well as population genetics and evolutionary research. ..
- Grote K, Schuett H, Salguero G, Grothusen C, Jagielska J, Drexler H, et al. Toll-like receptor 2/6 stimulation promotes angiogenesis via GM-CSF as a potential strategy for immune defense and tissue regeneration. Blood. 2010;115:2543-52 pubmed publisher..This might represent a general mechanism to enhance or restore blood flow and recruit immune cells for pathogen defense and tissue regeneration. ..
- Chen S, Yin D, Yao W, Wang Y, Zhang Y, Gao X. Macrophage receptors of polysaccharide isolated from a marine filamentous fungus Phoma herbarum YS4108. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2009;30:1008-14 pubmed publisher..We have demonstrated that YCP-induced NO production occurs through the TLR4 and CR3 membrane receptors in a p38 kinase-dependent manner in macrophages.Acta Pharmacologica Sinica (2009) 30: 1008-1014; doi: 10.1038/aps.2009.93. ..
- Jung Y, Cho M, Lee S, Oh H, Park J, Park M, et al. Synergism of toll-like receptor 2 (TLR2), TLR4, and TLR6 ligation on the production of tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha in a spontaneous arthritis animal model of interleukin (IL)-1 receptor antagonist-deficient mice. Immunol Lett. 2009;123:138-43 pubmed publisher
- Hamoudi R, Appert A, Ye H, Ruskone Fourmestraux A, Streubel B, Chott A, et al. Differential expression of NF-kappaB target genes in MALT lymphoma with and without chromosome translocation: insights into molecular mechanism. Leukemia. 2010;24:1487-97 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide novel insights into the molecular mechanism of MALT lymphomas with and without translocation, potentially explaining their different clinical behaviors. ..
- Fong D, Hogaboam C, Matsuno Y, Akira S, Uematsu S, Joshi A. Toll-like receptor 6 drives interleukin-17A expression during experimental hypersensitivity pneumonitis. Immunology. 2010;130:125-36 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate that TLR6 plays a pivotal role in the development and severity of HP via its role in IL-17A production. ..
- Qian F, Zhang Q, Zhou L, Jin G, Bai J, Yin K. Polymorphisms in the toll-like receptor 2 subfamily and risk of asthma: a case-control analysis in a Chinese population. J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol. 2010;20:340-6 pubmed..49; 95% CI, 0.26-0.95; P = .046). Our results indicate that a genetic variant in the TLR2 subfamily may play a role in susceptibility to asthma. ..