Genomes and Genes
interleukin receptor common gamma subunit
Summary: An interleukin receptor subunit that was originally discovered as a component of the INTERLEUKIN 2 RECEPTOR. It was subsequently found to be a component of several other receptors including the INTERLEUKIN 4 RECEPTOR, the INTERLEUKIN 7 RECEPTOR, the INTERLEUKIN-9 RECEPTOR, the INTERLEUKIN-15 RECEPTOR, and the INTERLEUKIN-21 RECEPTOR. Mutations in the gene for the interleukin receptor common gamma chain have been associated with X-LINKED COMBINED IMMUNODEFICIENCY DISEASES.
- Nowlan B, Futrega K, Brunck M, Walkinshaw G, Flippin L, Doran M, et al. HIF-1Î±-stabilizing agent FG-4497 rescues human CD34+ cell mobilization inÂ response to G-CSF in immunodeficient mice. Exp Hematol. 2017;52:50-55.e6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the PHD inhibitor FG-4497 also increases human HSPC mobilization in a xenograft mouse model, suggesting the possibility of testing PHD inhibitors to boost HSPC mobilization in response to G-CSF in humans. ..
- Giessler K, Kleinheinz K, Huebschmann D, Balasubramanian G, Dubash T, Dieter S, et al. Genetic subclone architecture of tumor clone-initiating cells in colorectal cancer. J Exp Med. 2017;214:2073-2088 pubmed publisher..This demonstrates that functional heterogeneity is, at least frequently, present within genomic subclones and independent of mutational subclone differences. ..
- Shigemura T, Motobayashi M, Matsuda K, Shimodaira T, Kurata T, Kobayashi N, et al. Acute Myeloid Leukemia in a Patient With X-linked Severe Combined Immunodeficiency. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2017;39:e470-e472 pubmed publisher..Somatic NRAS mutation was detected at 3 months post-CBT. Thus, 6q- and NRAS mutation were strongly associated with the leukemic transformation in our patient. ..
- Resende M, Cardoso M, Ribeiro A, Flórido M, Borges M, Castro A, et al. Innate IFN-?-Producing Cells Developing in the Absence of IL-2 Receptor Common ?-Chain. J Immunol. 2017;199:1429-1439 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results demonstrate that a population of Thy1.2+ non-NK innate-like cells present in the liver expresses IFN-? and can confer protection against M. avium infection in immunocompromised mice. ..
- Bustamante A, LÃ³pez Cancio E, Pich S, Penalba A, Giralt D, GarcÃa Berrocoso T, et al. Blood Biomarkers for the Early Diagnosis of Stroke: The Stroke-Chip Study. Stroke. 2017;48:2419-2425 pubmed publisher..Additional discovery of new biomarkers and improvement on laboratory techniques seem necessary for achieving a molecular diagnosis of stroke. ..
- Li X, Nelson C, Nair R, Hazlehurst L, Moroni T, Martínez Acedo P, et al. Stable and Potent Selenomab-Drug Conjugates. Cell Chem Biol. 2017;24:433-442.e6 pubmed publisher..These site-specific antibody-drug conjugates built on a selenocysteine interface revealed broad therapeutic utility in liquid and solid malignancy models. ..
- Meghnem D, Morisseau S, Frutoso M, Trillet K, Maillasson M, Barbieux I, et al. Cutting Edge: Differential Fine-Tuning of IL-2- and IL-15-Dependent Functions by Targeting Their Common IL-2/15R?/?c Receptor. J Immunol. 2017;198:4563-4568 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, due to the presence of IL-2R?, BiG had no impact on IL-2-dependent regulatory T cell proliferation. Thus, by acting as a fine switch in the immune system, BiG emphasizes the differential roles of these two cytokines. ..