Genomes and Genes
Summary: Serine protein kinases involved in the regulation of ACTIN polymerization and MICROTUBULE disassembly. Their activity is regulated by phosphorylation of a threonine residue within the activation loop by intracellular signaling kinases such as P21-ACTIVATED KINASES and by RHO KINASE.
- Kaminskaya A, Nikitina E, Medvedeva A, Gerasimenko M, Chernikova D, Savateeva Popova E. [Influence of limk1 Gene Polymorphism on Learning Acquisition and Memory Formation with pCREB Distribution and Aggregate Formation in Neuromuscular Junctions in Drosophila melanogaster]. Genetika. 2015;51:685-93 pubmed..Moreover, only agn(ts3) demonstrates amyloid-like aggregate formation in NMJ. This suggests that this impedes pCREb transport and thereby impairs the formation of short- and long-term memory. ..
- Dimri M, Bilogan C, Pierce L, Naegele G, Vasanji A, Gibson I, et al. Three-dimensional structural analysis reveals a Cdk5-mediated kinase cascade regulating hepatic biliary network branching in zebrafish. Development. 2017;144:2595-2605 pubmed publisher..A small-molecule compound that interferes with the downstream kinase cascade rescued the mutant phenotype. These results provide new insights into branching morphogenesis of the intrahepatic biliary network. ..
- Sparrow A, Sweetman D, Welham S. LIM kinase function and renal growth: Potential role for LIM kinases in fetal programming of kidney development. Life Sci. 2017;186:17-24 pubmed publisher..Pharmacological blockade of LIM-kinase function in the early developing kidney results in failure of renal development. This is likely due to prevention of dividing cells from completion of mitosis with their resultant loss. ..
- Wang W, Townes Anderson E. LIM Kinase, a Newly Identified Regulator of Presynaptic Remodeling by Rod Photoreceptors After Injury. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2015;56:7847-58 pubmed publisher..Thus structural remodeling, in the form of either axonal retraction or neuritic growth, requires LIMK activity. LIM kinase inhibition may have therapeutic potential for reducing pathologic rod terminal plasticity after retinal injury. ..
- Crompton M, Purnell T, Tyrer H, Parker A, Ball G, Hardisty Hughes R, et al. A mutation in Nischarin causes otitis media via LIMK1 and NF-ÎºB pathways. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006969 pubmed publisher..Our analysis implicates PAK1 and RAC1, and downstream signalling in LIMK1 and NF-ÎºB pathways in the development of chronic OM. ..
- Zebda N, Bernard O, Bailly M, Welti S, Lawrence D, Condeelis J. Phosphorylation of ADF/cofilin abolishes EGF-induced actin nucleation at the leading edge and subsequent lamellipod extension. J Cell Biol. 2000;151:1119-28 pubmed..These results indicate a direct role for ADF/cofilin in the generation of the barbed ends that are required for lamellipod extension in response to EGF stimulation. ..
- Mervis C, Robinson B, Pani J. Visuospatial construction. Am J Hum Genet. 1999;65:1222-9 pubmed