Genomes and Genes
lim domain proteins
Summary: A large class of structurally-related proteins that contain one or more LIM zinc finger domains. Many of the proteins in this class are involved in intracellular signaling processes and mediate their effects via LIM domain protein-protein interactions. The name LIM is derived from the first three proteins in which the motif was found: LIN-11, Isl1 and Mec-3.
- Jia L, Gui B, Zheng D, Decker K, Tinay I, Tan M, et al. Androgen receptor-regulated miRNA-193a-3p targets AJUBA to promote prostate cancer cell migration. Prostate. 2017;77:1000-1011 pubmed publisher..Conclusions Our results suggest a novel AR/miR-193a-3p/AJUBA pathway implicated in PCa progression. MiR-193a-3p is a potential therapeutic target for metastatic PCa. ..
- Van Moerbeke M, Kasim A, Talloen W, Reumers J, Göhlmann H, Shkedy Z. A random effects model for the identification of differential splicing (REIDS) using exon and HTA arrays. BMC Bioinformatics. 2017;18:273 pubmed publisher..The REIDS model provides a work flow for the identification of alternative splicing events relying on the established linear mixed model. The model can be applied to different types of arrays. ..
- Krivega I, Dean A. LDB1-mediated enhancer looping can be established independent of mediator and cohesin. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:8255-8268 pubmed publisher..Thus, lineage specific factors largely mediate enhancer-promoter looping in erythroid cells independent of mediator and cohesin. ..
- Zeller T, Schurmann C, Schramm K, Muller C, Kwon S, Wild P, et al. Transcriptome-Wide Analysis Identifies Novel Associations With Blood Pressure. Hypertension. 2017;70:743-750 pubmed publisher..Translational approaches further established evidence for the potential use of CRIP1 as emerging disease-related biomarker. ..
- Lee B, Stallcup M. Glucocorticoid receptor binding to chromatin is selectively controlled by the coregulator Hic-5 and chromatin remodeling enzymes. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:9320-9334 pubmed publisher..Thus, Hic-5 regulates GR binding site selection by a novel mechanism, exploiting gene-specific requirements for chromatin remodeling enzymes to selectively influence DNA occupancy and gene regulation by a transcription factor. ..
- Kihara T, Sugimoto Y, Shinohara S, Takaoka S, Miyake J. Cysteine-rich protein 2 accelerates actin filament cluster formation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183085 pubmed publisher..This F-actin clustering activity of CRP2 was cooperative with ?-actinin. Thus, binding of CRP2 to F-actin accelerates actin polymerization and F-actin cluster formation. ..
- Zhu S, Zhang X, Weichert Leahey N, Dong Z, Zhang C, Lopez G, et al. LMO1 Synergizes with MYCN to Promote Neuroblastoma Initiation and Metastasis. Cancer Cell. 2017;32:310-323.e5 pubmed publisher..Our results provide in vivo validation of LMO1 as an important oncogene that promotes neuroblastoma initiation, progression, and widespread metastatic dissemination. ..
- Stanulovic V, Cauchy P, Assi S, Hoogenkamp M. LMO2 is required for TAL1 DNA binding activity and initiation of definitive haematopoiesis at the haemangioblast stage. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:9874-9888 pubmed publisher..Comparison of Lmo2-/- with Tal1-/- Flk-1+ cells further showed that TAL1 was required to initiate or sustain Lmo2 expression...