Genomes and Genes
Summary: Proteins that are chemically bound to a substrate material which renders their location fixed. The immobilization of proteins allows their use in chemical reactions without being diluted by solvent.
- Williams C, Dougherty M, Makaroff K, Stapleton J, Konkolewicz D, Berberich J, et al. Strategies for Biophysical Characterization of Protein-Polymer Conjugates. Methods Enzymol. 2017;590:93-114 pubmed publisher..Descriptions of the assays include a discussion of advantages and disadvantages alongside protocol details and approaches to data analysis. ..
- Iwase K, Tanaka M, Hirose K, Uyeda T, Honda H. Acceleration of the sliding movement of actin filaments with the use of a non-motile mutant myosin in in vitro motility assays driven by skeletal muscle heavy meromyosin. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181171 pubmed publisher..We found that the velocity of actin filaments sliding on skeletal muscle myosin molecules increased in the presence of a non-motile G680V mutant myosin motor. ..
- Raghuwanshi Y, Etayash H, Soudy R, Paiva I, Lavasanifar A, Kaur K. Proteolytically Stable Cyclic Decapeptide for Breast Cancer Cell Targeting. J Med Chem. 2017;60:4893-4903 pubmed publisher..The study highlights the discovery of a novel proteolytically stable cyclic peptide that can be used for targeted drug delivery or for enumerating circulating breast tumor cells. ..
- Yang S, Hu Y, Sokoll L, Zhang H. Simultaneous quantification of N- and O-glycans using a solid-phase method. Nat Protoc. 2017;12:1229-1244 pubmed publisher..The GIG protocol takes âˆ¼3 d. ..
- Singh N, Habicht K, Moaddel R, Shimmo R. Development and characterization of mitochondrial membrane affinity chromatography columns derived from skeletal muscle and platelets for the study of mitochondrial transmembrane proteins. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1055-1056:144-148 pubmed publisher..001), similar to previously reported values. Additionally, the Michaelis-Menten constant (Km) for ADP was found to be 1525±461?M based on the on column dose-dependent increase in ATP production. ..
- Xing Y, Feng X, Zhang L, Hou J, Han G, Chen Z. A sensitive and selective electrochemical biosensor for the determination of beta-amyloid oligomer by inhibiting the peptide-triggered in situ assembly of silver nanoparticles. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:3171-3179 pubmed publisher..The detection limit of the method was found to be 6 pM. Furthermore, the amenability of this method for the analysis of A? oligomer in serum and artificial cerebrospinal fluid (aCSF) samples was demonstrated. ..
- Suthiwangcharoen N, Nagarajan R. Nanoarmoring of Proteins by Conjugation to Block Copolymer Micelles. Methods Enzymol. 2017;590:277-304 pubmed publisher..These studies document a rational approach to armor the protein by conjugation with a block copolymer micelle, as a general approach. ..
- Xu J, Medina Rangel P, Haupt K, Tse Sum Bui B. Guide to the Preparation of Molecularly Imprinted Polymer Nanoparticles for Protein Recognition by Solid-Phase Synthesis. Methods Enzymol. 2017;590:115-141 pubmed publisher..Moreover, these water-compatible polymers, targeting different domains of the enzyme, can also function as protective agents (armor), hence preventing the target proteins from denaturation by heat or pH. ..
- HorÃ¡k D, HlÃdkovÃ¡ H, Kit Y, Antonyuk V, Myronovsky S, Stoika R. Magnetic poly(2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate) microspheres for affinity purification of monospecific anti-p46 kDa/Myo1C antibodies for early diagnosis of multiple sclerosis patients. Biosci Rep. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..The newly developed mgt.PHEMA microspheres conjugated with a potential disease biomarker, p46/Myo1C protein, are thus a promising tool for affinity purification of antibodies, which can improve diagnosis and treatment of MS patients. ..
- Cheng Y, Ramos D, Lee P, Liang D, Yu X, Kumbar S. Collagen functionalized bioactive nanofiber matrices for osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells: bone tissue engineering. J Biomed Nanotechnol. 2014;10:287-98 pubmed..These fiber matrices and modification techniques could be extended to other scaffold systems for tissue engineering applications. ..
- Wang Y, van Assen A, Reis C, Setroikromo R, van Merkerk R, Boersma Y, et al. Novel RANKL DE-loop mutants antagonize RANK-mediated osteoclastogenesis. FEBS J. 2017;284:2501-2512 pubmed publisher..The generation of RANK-antagonists is a promising strategy for the exploration of new therapeutics against osteoporosis. ..
- Kerr H, Wong E, Makou E, Yang Y, Marchbank K, Kavanagh D, et al. Disease-linked mutations in factor H reveal pivotal role of cofactor activity in self-surface-selective regulation of complement activation. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:13345-13360 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CCPs 19 and 20 are critical for efficient CA on self-surfaces but less important for DAA. Exposing CCPs 19 and 20 with PspCN and thus enhancing CA on self-surfaces may reverse deficiencies of some CFH variants. ..
- Peters R, Gutierrez Rivera L, Dew S, Stepanova M. Surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy detection of biomolecules using EBL fabricated nanostructured substrates. J Vis Exp. 2015;: pubmed publisher..The capabilities of SERS to detect vibrational modes from surface-immobilized proteins, as well as to capture the protein-ligand and aptamer-ligand binding are demonstrated...
- Luo J, Li C, Xu T, Liu W, Ba X, Wang X, et al. PI3K is involved in ?1 integrin clustering by PSGL-1 and promotes ?1 integrin-mediated Jurkat cell adhesion to fibronectin. Mol Cell Biochem. 2014;385:287-95 pubmed..Taken together, we found a novel signal pathway, PSGL-1-PI3K-?1 integrin, demonstrating the cooperation between initial adhesion and subsequent arrest and stable adhesion...
- Boyle A, Roddick L, Bhakta V, Lambourne M, Junop M, Liaw P, et al. The complete N-terminal extension of heparin cofactor II is required for maximal effectiveness as a thrombin exosite 1 ligand. BMC Biochem. 2013;14:6 pubmed publisher..They further suggest that, in isolated or transferred form, the entire HCII 1-75 region is required to ensure maximal binding of thrombin exosite 1. ..
- Shi B, Deng Y, Zhao P, Li X. Selecting a DNA-Encoded Chemical Library against Non-immobilized Proteins Using a "Ligate-Cross-Link-Purify" Strategy. Bioconjug Chem. 2017;28:2293-2301 pubmed publisher..In practice, DELs are usually selected against purified and immobilized proteins using the typical "bind-wash-elute" protocol; however, selection methods compatible with non-immobilized ..