Genomes and Genes
dietary egg proteins
Summary: Proteins found in eggs which are consumed as a food.
- Volz D, Chandler G. An enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for lipovitellin quantification in copepods: a screening tool for endocrine toxicity. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2004;23:298-305 pubmed..This crustacean VTN ELISA is likely useful for evaluating endocrine activity of environmental toxicants in copepods and other crustacean species. ..
- Dugaiczyk A, Inglis A, Strike P, Burley R, Beattie W, Chan L. Comparison of the nucleotide sequence of cloned DNA coding for an apolipoprotein (apo VLDL-II) from avian blood and the amino acid sequence of an egg-yolk protein (apovitellenin I): equivalence of the two sequences. Gene. 1981;14:175-82 pubmed..The identity reported here establishes that this protein is transported intact from the blood to the egg yolk. ..
- Nielsen K, Holtet T, Etzerodt M, Moestrup S, Gliemann J, Sottrup Jensen L, et al. Identification of residues in alpha-macroglobulins important for binding to the alpha2-macroglobulin receptor/Low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:12909-12 pubmed..From this result and mutational evidence from other ligands for the alpha2-macroglobulin receptor, a tentative sequence motif for receptor binding is proposed. ..
- Yang X, Berry T, Foegeding E. Foams prepared from whey protein isolate and egg white protein: 1. Physical, microstructural, and interfacial properties. J Food Sci. 2009;74:E259-68 pubmed publisher..The higher foam yield stress and drainage stability of EWP foams appears to be due to forming smaller, more stable bubbles, that are packed together into structures that are more resistant to deformation than those of WPI foams. ..
- Shoulders C, Narcisi T, Read J, Chester A, Brett D, Scott J, et al. The abetalipoproteinemia gene is a member of the vitellogenin family and encodes an alpha-helical domain. Nat Struct Biol. 1994;1:285-6 pubmed
- Egorova E, Gmoshinskiĭ I, Zorin S, Mazo V. [Studies of immunomodulation caused by selenium-enriched phycocyanin]. Vopr Pitan. 2006;75:19-21 pubmed..Nevertheless rats receiving Se-PC demonstrated significantly increased specific IgG response. The probable immunomodulating properties of Se-PC included into food are discussed. ..
- Fukada H, Haga A, Fujita T, Hiramatsu N, Sullivan C, Hara A. Development and validation of chemiluminescent immunoassay for vitellogenin in five salmonid species. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2001;130:163-70 pubmed..This is the first report on changes in serum Vg levels in maturing male trout using CLIA, the most sensitive assay for Vg yet developed. ..
- Jolivet P, Boulard C, Beaumal V, Chardot T, Anton M. Protein components of low-density lipoproteins purified from hen egg yolk. J Agric Food Chem. 2006;54:4424-9 pubmed..The identity of the fragments was determined by the observation of the sequence coverage by trypsin peptides and the sequence alignment with homologous human blood apolipoprotein B-100. ..
- Miguel M, López Fandiño R, Ramos M, Aleixandre A. Short-term effect of egg-white hydrolysate products on the arterial blood pressure of hypertensive rats. Br J Nutr. 2005;94:731-7 pubmed..The results obtained suggest that the studied products could be used as a functional food with potential therapeutic benefit in the prevention and treatment of hypertension. ..
- Settipane R, Siri D, Bellanti J. Egg allergy and influenza vaccination. Allergy Asthma Proc. 2009;30:660-5 pubmed publisher..5) Most patients with egg allergy are likely to develop egg tolerance by late childhood. ..
- Yamamura J, Adachi T, Aoki N, Nakajima H, Nakamura R, Matsuda T. Precursor-product relationship between chicken vitellogenin and the yolk proteins: the 40 kDa yolk plasma glycoprotein is derived from the C-terminal cysteine-rich domain of vitellogenin II. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1995;1244:384-94 pubmed
- Matsubara T, Ohkubo N, Andoh T, Sullivan C, Hara A. Two forms of vitellogenin, yielding two distinct lipovitellins, play different roles during oocyte maturation and early development of barfin flounder, Verasper moseri, a marine teleost that spawns pelagic eggs. Dev Biol. 1999;213:18-32 pubmed..The vLv A/vLv B ratio likely also controls the proportional availability of different types of nutrients, free amino acids versus Lv, for use during embryonic development. ..
- Lee R, Walker A, Reish D. Characterization of lipovitellin in eggs of the polychaete Neanthes arenaceodentata. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2005;140:381-6 pubmed..The presence of muscle fragments and oil droplets in eleocytes suggests that eleocytes play an important role in providing the protein and lipid needed for the assembly of lipovitellin in the oocytes. ..
- Sugimoto I, Hashimoto E. Modulation of protein phosphorylation by Mr 25,000 protein partially overlapping phosvitin and lipovitellin 2 in Xenopus laevis vitellogenin B1 protein. Protein J. 2006;25:109-15 pubmed..These results suggest that pp25 may have a role as an inhibitory modulator of some protein phosphorylation in Xenopus oocytes and embryos. ..
- Fahmy A, Abdel Gany S, Mohamed T, Mohamed S. Esterase and lipase in camel tick Hyalomma dromedarii (Acari: Ixodidae) during embryogenesis. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2004;137:159-68 pubmed..This study suggests that H. dromedarii lipolytic enzymes may play a central role in the interconversion of lipovitellins during embryogenesis. ..
- Mihăescu G, Olinescu R, Grigorescu A. Is IGF-1 involved in the regulatory modifications of cholesterolemia following the administration of embryonary peptides?. Rom J Intern Med. 2006;44:443-53 pubmed..In conclusion, our results support an implication of IGF-1 in the regulatory mechanisms of cholesterolemia in old subjects following the long-term administration of EP. ..
- Chan J, Wang F, Holly E. Pancreatic cancer, animal protein and dietary fat in a population-based study, San Francisco Bay Area, California. Cancer Causes Control. 2007;18:1153-67 pubmed..3, 95% CI: 1.0-1.8); and dietary cholesterol (OR = 1.5, 95% CI: 1.1-2.0, all p-trends < or = 0.02). These data provide some evidence that beef or lamb, eggs, dairy, fat, or cholesterol may increase the risk of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Moore R, Hargis B, Porter T, Caldwell D, Oubre C, Vandesande F, et al. Ovoinhibitor in the chicken bursa of Fabricius: identification, isolation, and localization. Cell Tissue Res. 2004;317:247-51 pubmed..These data suggest that the gene for ovoinhibitor is expressed in the bursa of Fabricius, and that the bursal secretory dendritic-like cells may be a previously unreported source of ovoinhibitor. ..
- Humblet Hua N, Sagis L, van der Linden E. Effects of flow on hen egg white lysozyme (HEWL) fibril formation: length distribution, flexibility, and kinetics. J Agric Food Chem. 2008;56:11875-82 pubmed publisher..The size distribution and final fibril concentration were significantly different from those obtained in the same heat treatment at rest. The width of the length distribution of fibrils was influenced by the homogeneity of the flow. ..
- Mihaescu G, Olinescu R, Oancea F. Significant modification of lipid metabolism in aged persons following the treatment with a nutritive supplement containing embryonary peptides--preliminary results. Rom J Intern Med. 2005;43:133-9 pubmed..These long-lasting modifications have an adaptative-regulatory character and seem to be produced by the growth factors contained in Humanofort. ..
- Morales M, Pagán S, Gómez Y. Immunodissection of yolk lipovitellin (LV1) demonstrates the existence of different LV1-domains and suggests a complex family of vitellogenin genes in the lizard Anolis pulchellus. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2002;131:339-48 pubmed..These results also show the potential of this immunoadsorption approach for the identification, and even separation of proteins sharing a high degree of similarity in their molecular structures. ..
- Leluk J. A new algorithm for analysis of the homology in protein primary structure. Comput Chem. 1998;22:123-31 pubmed
- Oubre C, D Hondt E, Moore R, Hargis B, Berghman L. The chicken pituitary expresses an ovoinhibitor-like protein in subpopulations of some, but not all, hormone-producing cell types. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2003;25:389-97 pubmed
- Sun Y, Hayakawa S, Ogawa M, Fukada K, Izumori K. Influence of a rare sugar, d-Psicose, on the physicochemical and functional properties of an aerated food system containing egg albumen. J Agric Food Chem. 2008;56:4789-96 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the addition of Psi enhanced the browning reaction during cookie processing and, consequently, produced a strong antioxidant activity. ..
- De Boissieu D, Dupont C. Natural course of sensitization to hen's egg in children not previously exposed to egg ingestion. Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol. 2006;38:113-7 pubmed..0 + 0.9 KU(A) /L. In children sensitized to egg without previous ingestion of that food, egg tolerance appears probably in some by the age of 3 but may reveal much more prolonged in a limited number. ..
- Enghild J, Salvesen G, Brew K, Nagase H. Interaction of human rheumatoid synovial collagenase (matrix metalloproteinase 1) and stromelysin (matrix metalloproteinase 3) with human alpha 2-macroglobulin and chicken ovostatin. Binding kinetics and identification of matrix metalloproteinase cle. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:8779-85 pubmed..These results suggest that alpha 2M may play an important role in regulating the activities of matrix metalloproteinases in the extracellular space. ..
- Burodom A. Renal response to egg white protein loading in healthy young adults. J Med Assoc Thai. 2010;93:824-9 pubmed..In normal subjects, egg white protein stimulated as high renal response as chicken protein when challenged with the same amount of protein. ..
- Monti G, Muratore M, Peltran A, Bonfante G, Silvestro L, Oggero R, et al. High incidence of adverse reactions to egg challenge on first known exposure in young atopic dermatitis children: predictive value of skin prick test and radioallergosorbent test to egg proteins. Clin Exp Allergy. 2002;32:1515-9 pubmed..Even when these cut-offs are not reached, however, clinical reactions to the challenge cannot be ruled out a priori, and it should be preferably performed in a protected environment, such as a hospital. ..
- Miyagawa S, Kamata R, Matsumoto K, Okamura R, Maeda H. Therapeutic intervention with chicken egg white ovomacroglobulin and a new quinolone on experimental Pseudomonas keratitis. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 1994;232:488-93 pubmed..05 compared with OFLX alone). The results indicate that inhibition of proteolytic activity with ovoM is useful in preventing stromal degradation in P. aeruginosa keratitis. ..
- Berdanier C, Kras K, Wickwire K, Hall D. Whole-egg diet delays the age-related impaired glucose tolerance of BHE/Cdb rats. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1998;219:28-36 pubmed
- Begum S, Saito A, Xu X, Kato A. Improved functional properties of the ovoinhibitor by conjugating with galactomannan. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2003;67:1897-902 pubmed..These results suggest that the ovoinhibitor-galactomannan conjugate can be used as a protease inhibitor having heat stability and outstanding emulsifying properties for industrial application. ..
- Seo J, Lee J, Lee Y, Lee S, Kim M, Yook H, et al. Change of an egg allergen in a white layer cake containing gamma-irradiated egg white. J Food Prot. 2004;67:1725-30 pubmed..The results appear to suggest that irradiating egg white might reduce its allergenicity, which could be used in the production of baked goods of reduced allergenicity. ..
- Walsh B, Hill D, Macoun P, Cairns D, Howden M. Detection of four distinct groups of hen egg allergens binding IgE in the sera of children with egg allergy. Allergol Immunopathol (Madr). 2005;33:183-91 pubmed..A sufficiently large number of patients must be examined so as to give a representative distribution across each group, otherwise the results may be biased towards one allergen. ..
- Kinoshita K, Shimogiri T, Okamoto S, Yoshizawa K, Mannen H, Ibrahim H, et al. Linkage mapping of chicken ovoinhibitor and ovomucoid genes to chromosome 13. Anim Genet. 2004;35:356-8 pubmed
- Langer Wójcik S, Czerwionka Szaflarska M. [Determination of the tryptase level as diagnostic marker in food allergy in children]. Med Wieku Rozwoj. 2006;10:501-10 pubmed..patients with IgE dependent food allergy may have elevated level of tryptase with no clinical manifestation. ..
- Schmidt L, Nyachoti C, Slominski B. Nutritional evaluation of egg byproducts in diets for early-weaned pigs. J Anim Sci. 2003;81:2270-8 pubmed..The results indicate that technical albumen can replace 25 to 50% of SDPP in early-weaned pig diets without compromising performance, and further suggest that heat-treated SDTA may affect intestinal microbial population in pigs. ..
- Scott M, Huckaby C, Kato I, Kohr W, Laskowski M, Tsai M, et al. Ovoinhibitor introns specify functional domains as in the related and linked ovomucoid gene. J Biol Chem. 1987;262:5899-907 pubmed..We discuss the location of the intradomain intron in relation to the known structure of four Kazal inhibitors and suggest a scheme for the evolution of the ovoinhibitor gene. ..
- Bujko J, Schreurs V, Nolles J, Verreijen A, Koopmanschap R, Verstegen M. Application of a [13CO2] breath test to study short-term amino acid catabolism during the postprandial phase of a meal. Br J Nutr. 2007;97:891-7 pubmed..The differences in label recovery were mainly determined by the [13C] enrichment of the expired air. As a consequence, CO2 measurements are not mandatory when CO2 production is comparable. ..
- Thompson J, Banaszak L. Lipid-protein interactions in lipovitellin. Biochemistry. 2002;41:9398-409 pubmed..The conformations of the bound lipid and the interactions between protein and lipid provide insights into the factors governing lipoprotein formation. ..
- Hefle S, Jeanniton E, Taylor S. Development of a sandwich enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the detection of egg residues in processed foodst. J Food Prot. 2001;64:1812-6 pubmed..This sandwich-type ELISA method can be used to detect undeclared egg residues in processed foods and to evaluate industrial clean-up operations. ..
- Tirumalai R, Subramoniam T. Carbohydrate components of lipovitellin of the sand crab Emerita asiatica. Mol Reprod Dev. 2001;58:54-62 pubmed..The functional significance of these carbohydrate components of the major yolk protein during embryogenesis of the sand crab is discussed. ..
- Jurado Palomo J, Fiandor Román A, Bobolea I, Sánchez Pastor S, Pascual C, Quirce S. Oral challenge with pasteurized egg white from Gallus domesticus. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2010;151:331-5 pubmed publisher..We did not find any relevant allergenic differences between fresh and pasteurized egg white. This study supports the use of pasteurized egg white in the diagnosis of allergy to fresh raw egg proteins. ..
- Watanabe Y, Aburatani K, Mizumura T, Sakai M, Muraoka S, Mamegosi S, et al. Novel ELISA for the detection of raw and processed egg using extraction buffer containing a surfactant and a reducing agent. J Immunol Methods. 2005;300:115-23 pubmed..This means that allergenic substances in food can now be detected quantitatively. This method can be very useful in allergy prevention and control strategies. ..
- Richards M. Trace mineral metabolism in the avian embryo. Poult Sci. 1997;76:152-64 pubmed
- Romek M, Kilarski W. The lipoprotein crystals in yolk platelets of a shark, Squalus ocanthias (Selachii). Folia Histochem Cytobiol. 1993;31:139-45 pubmed..The results of the present study fill the last gap in the comparative yolk platelet research which has been carried out over many years for exponents of all vertebrate taxonomic groups, from cyclostomes to reptiles. ..
- Kim J, Chung Y, Han Y, Ahn K, Lee S. The natural history and prognostic factors of egg allergy in Korean infants with atopic dermatitis. Asian Pac J Allergy Immunol. 2009;27:107-14 pubmed..The age at the diagnosis of egg allergy was the only significant prognostic factor of egg allergy tolerance identified by the Cox proportional regression model. ..
- Mahdavi A, Rahmani H, Nili N, Samie A, Soleimanian Zad S, Jahanian R. Effects of dietary egg yolk antibody powder on growth performance, intestinal Escherichia coli colonization, and immunocompetence of challenged broiler chicks. Poult Sci. 2010;89:484-94 pubmed publisher..The present results indicate that dietary administration of at least 0.2% sIgY for 3 wk improved the intestinal health indices and immunological responses of broiler chicks orally challenged by E. coli O78:K80. ..
- Raag R, Appelt K, Xuong N, Banaszak L. Structure of the lamprey yolk lipid-protein complex lipovitellin-phosvitin at 2.8 A resolution. J Mol Biol. 1988;200:553-69 pubmed..There are an estimated 1300 amino acids in lamprey lipovitellin-phosvitin and almost 1000 alanine residues have been modeled into electron density. The remaining residues are assumed to be disordered. ..
- Zhao W, Yang R, Tang Y, Zhang W, Hua X. Investigation of the protein-protein aggregation of egg white proteins under pulsed electric fields. J Agric Food Chem. 2009;57:3571-7 pubmed publisher..However, the weakly noncovalent bonds play a much more important role in the protein aggregation forming in heat treatment (60 degrees C, 3.5 min) than that in PEF treatment (35 kV/cm, 800 micros). ..
- Kontsevaia A, Eganian R, Kalinina A, Romanenko T, Omel ianenko M. [Study of dietary habits and its relation with cardiovascular disease risk factors with help of specialization computers programme]. Vopr Pitan. 2008;77:51-4 pubmed..The study showed significant relationship between abdominal obesity and high blood pressure, total plasma cholesterol also was significantly higher in persons with abdominal obesity. ..
- Touchette K, O Brien M, Coalson J. Liquid egg as an alternative protein source in calf milk replacers. J Dairy Sci. 2003;86:2622-8 pubmed..These results indicate that egg is an effective alternative protein source to milk protein in calf milk replacers when fed at levels up to 10% of the diet in a conventional feeding program of 0.45 kg per head per day. ..
- Fuessl H. [Egg white-poor diet in kidney failure: annoyance or meaningful measure?]. MMW Fortschr Med. 2006;148:4-6, 8 pubmed
- Knight A, Shreffler W, Sampson H, Sicherer S, Noone S, Mofidi S, et al. Skin prick test to egg white provides additional diagnostic utility to serum egg white-specific IgE antibody concentration in children. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2006;117:842-7 pubmed..The size of the egg white SPT wheal response might provide the clinician with additional information to determine the timing of egg OFC in children with low egg white-specific IgE antibody levels. ..