Genomes and Genes
transcription factor brn 3a
Summary: A POU domain factor that activates GENETIC TRANSCRIPTION of GENES encoding NEUROFILAMENT PROTEINS; alpha internexin; SYNAPTOSOMAL-ASSOCIATED PROTEIN 25; and BCL-2 PROTO-ONCOGENE PROTEINS.
- Fortier J, Payton J, Cahan P, Ley T, Walter M, Graubert T. POU4F1 is associated with t(8;21) acute myeloid leukemia and contributes directly to its unique transcriptional signature. Leukemia. 2010;24:950-7 pubmed publisher..These genes provide novel candidates for understanding the biology and developing therapeutic approaches for t(8;21) AML. ..
- Berwick D, Diss J, Budhram Mahadeo V, Latchman D. A simple technique for the prediction of interacting proteins reveals a direct Brn-3a-androgen receptor interaction. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:15286-95 pubmed publisher..7, leading to a synergistic increase in its expression. Thus, these data define AR as a direct Brn-3a interactor and verify a simple interacting protein prediction methodology that is likely to be useful for many other proteins. ..
- Moreno Bravo J, Perez Balaguer A, Martinez S, Puelles E. Dynamic expression patterns of Nkx6.1 and Nkx6.2 in the developing mes-diencephalic basal plate. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2094-101 pubmed publisher..The nuclei integrated in this domain would be the rostral interstitial nucleus, the interstitial nucleus of Cajal, and a mesencephalic equivalent to these nuclei. ..
- Pan L, Yang Z, Feng L, Gan L. Functional equivalence of Brn3 POU-domain transcription factors in mouse retinal neurogenesis. Development. 2005;132:703-12 pubmed..These results indicate that Brn3 factors are functionally equal and that their unique roles in neurogenesis are determined by the distinctive Brn3 spatiotemporal expression patterns. ..
- Ichikawa H, Terayama R, Yamaai T, Jacobowitz D, Qiu F, Xiang M, et al. Brn-3a deficiency transiently increases expression of calbindin D-28 k and calretinin in the trigeminal ganglion during embryonic development. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2009;29:691-8 pubmed publisher..5 and E14.5. Caspase-3-dependent cell death of CB- and CR-ir neurons may be suppressed by the deficiency at E14.5. ..
- Nadal Nicolás F, Jiménez López M, Sobrado Calvo P, Nieto López L, Cánovas Martínez I, Salinas Navarro M, et al. Brn3a as a marker of retinal ganglion cells: qualitative and quantitative time course studies in naive and optic nerve-injured retinas. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009;50:3860-8 pubmed publisher..Brn3a can be used as a reliable, efficient ex vivo marker to identify and quantify RGCs in control and optic nerve-injured retinas. ..
- Bedkowska G, Ławicki S, Szmitkowski M. [Molecular markers of carcinogenesis in the diagnostics of cervical cancer]. Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online). 2009;63:99-105 pubmed..In summary, it is evident that molecular makers of carcinogenesis are helpful in the diagnostics of cervical cancer, but further investigation and confirmation by a prospective study is necessary. ..
- Li H, Costantini C, Scrable H, Weindruch R, Puglielli L. Egr-1 and Hipk2 are required for the TrkA to p75(NTR) switch that occurs downstream of IGF1-R. Neurobiol Aging. 2009;30:2010-20 pubmed publisher..Such an event is opposed by caloric restriction, a model of delayed aging, and favored by the p44 transgene in p44(+/+) animals, a model of accelerated aging. ..
- Gascoyne D, Dunne J, Behjati S, Sebire N, Anderson J, Latchman D. EWS/ETS proteins promote expression and regulate function of the homeodomain transcription factor BRN3A. Oncogene. 2010;29:3134-45 pubmed publisher..These results extend the hypothesis that EWS/ETS proteins induce expression of neuronal markers such as BRN3A in EFT by showing that the function of those same markers may be restricted or controlled in an EWS/ETS-dependent manner. ..
- Quina L, Wang S, Ng L, Turner E. Brn3a and Nurr1 mediate a gene regulatory pathway for habenula development. J Neurosci. 2009;29:14309-22 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings begin to define a gene regulatory pathway for habenula development in mammals. ..
- Nelander J, Hebsgaard J, Parmar M. Organization of the human embryonic ventral mesencephalon. Gene Expr Patterns. 2009;9:555-61 pubmed publisher..This data therefore suggest similar roles for these factors also in human VM development and dopamine neurogenesis. ..
- Harper M, Adamson L, Blits B, Bunge M, Grozdanic S, Sakaguchi D. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor released from engineered mesenchymal stem cells attenuates glutamate- and hydrogen peroxide-mediated death of staurosporine-differentiated RGC-5 cells. Exp Eye Res. 2009;89:538-48 pubmed publisher..Additionally, our results demonstrate that genetically modified BDNF-producing MSCs can enhance survival of stressed RGC-5 cells and therefore, may be effective vehicles to deliver BDNF to retinal ganglion cells affected by disease. ..
- Ding Q, Chen H, Xie X, Libby R, Tian N, Gan L. BARHL2 differentially regulates the development of retinal amacrine and ganglion neurons. J Neurosci. 2009;29:3992-4003 pubmed publisher..Thus, BARHL2 appears to have numerous roles in retinal development, including regulating neuronal subtype specification, differentiation, and survival. ..