pax6 transcription factor
Summary: A paired box transcription factor that has important functions in the development of the eye, nose, central nervous system and pancreas. Mutations in the PAX6 gene are associated with ocular disorders such as ANIRIDIA.
- Laggner M, Pollreisz A, Schmidinger G, Schmidt Erfurth U, Chen Y. Autophagy mediates cell cycle response by regulating nucleocytoplasmic transport of PAX6 in limbal stem cells under ultraviolet-A stress. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180868 pubmed publisher..The coupling of autophagic machinery and PAX6 in cell cycle regulation represents an attractive therapeutic target for hyperproliferative ocular surface disorders associated with solar radiation. ..
- Miao Q, Ping X, Tang X, Zhang L, Zhang X, Cheng Y, et al. Experimental assessment of novel PAX6 splicing mutations in two Chinese families with aniridia. Gene. 2017;630:44-48 pubmed publisher..Our study further expands the spectrum of genetic pathology underlying PAX6. ..
- Dulcis D, Lippi G, Stark C, Do L, Berg D, Spitzer N. Neurotransmitter Switching Regulated by miRNAs Controls Changes in Social Preference. Neuron. 2017;95:1319-1333.e5 pubmed publisher..The results illuminate the role of NT switching governing experience-dependent social preference. VIDEO ABSTRACT. ..
- Matsuda H, Mullapudi S, Zhang Y, Hesselson D, Stainier D. Thyroid Hormone Coordinates Pancreatic Islet Maturation During the Zebrafish Larval-to-Juvenile Transition to Maintain Glucose Homeostasis. Diabetes. 2017;66:2623-2635 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study sheds new light on the regulation of glucose metabolism during major developmental transitions. ..
- Lacomme M, Medevielle F, Bourbon H, Thierion E, Kleinjan D, Roussat M, et al. A long range distal enhancer controls temporal fine-tuning of PAX6 expression in neuronal precursors. Dev Biol. 2018;436:94-107 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which retinoic acid receptors (RARs) and NEUROG2 repressive target(s) compete on the same DNA motif to fine tune temporal PAX6 expression during the course of spinal neurogenesis. ..