Genomes and Genes
Summary: An ATP-dependent DNA HELICASE that preferentially binds SINGLE-STRANDED DNA. It is a heterodimer consisting of an 80 kDa subunit (XRCC5) and 70 kDa subunit (XRCC6) that functions with DNA LIGASE IV in the repair of DOUBLE-STRANDED DNA BREAKS and V(D)J RECOMBINATION.
- Burgman P, Ouyang H, Peterson S, Chen D, Li G. Heat inactivation of Ku autoantigen: possible role in hyperthermic radiosensitization. Cancer Res. 1997;57:2847-50 pubmed..shown a constitutive DNA-binding factor in rodent cells that is inactivated by heat shock to be identical to Ku autoantigen. Ku, consisting of an Mr 70,000 (Ku70) and an Mr 86,000 (Ku80) subunit, is a heterodimeric nuclear protein and ..
- Qi X, Su X, Guo H, Qi J, Cheng H. A ku70 null mutant improves gene targeting frequency in the fungal pathogen Verticillium dahliae. World J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2015;31:1889-97 pubmed..8 and 34.7% compared with 0.3 and 0.5 % in the wild-type strain. The Î”Vdku70 strain will be a valuable tool to generate deletion strains when studying factors that underlie virulence and pathogenesis in this filamentous fungus. ..
- Lindström R, Lindholm P, Palgi M, Saarma M, Heino T. In vivo screening reveals interactions between Drosophila Manf and genes involved in the mitochondria and the ubiquinone synthesis pathway. BMC Genet. 2017;18:52 pubmed publisher..Our data supports the functional importance of these evolutionarily significant proteins and provides new insights for the future studies. ..
- Hollingworth R, Horniblow R, Forrest C, Stewart G, Grand R. Localization of Double-Strand Break Repair Proteins to Viral Replication Compartments following Lytic Reactivation of Kaposi's Sarcoma-Associated Herpesvirus. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Overall, this study extends our understanding of the virus-host interactions that occur during lytic replication of KSHV and provides a deeper insight into how the DDR is manipulated during viral infection. ..
- Zelensky A, Schimmel J, Kool H, Kanaar R, Tijsterman M. Inactivation of Pol ? and C-NHEJ eliminates off-target integration of exogenous DNA. Nat Commun. 2017;8:66 pubmed publisher..Here the authors show that repression of polymerase ? and classical non-homologous recombination eliminates random integration. ..
- Ma J, Hui P, Meng W, Wang N, Xiang S. Ku70 inhibits gemcitabine-induced DNA damage and pancreatic cancer cell apoptosis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;484:746-752 pubmed publisher..The results of this preclinical study imply that Ku70 might be a primary resistance factor of gemcitabine, and Ku70 silence could significantly chemo-sensitize gemcitabine in pancreatic cancer cells. ..
- Sell C. Ku circles the telomere?. Aging (Albany NY). 2011;3:344-5 pubmed