Genomes and Genes
Summary: An HMG-box domain (HMG-BOX DOMAINS) found highly expressed in embryonic tissue and in placenta.
- Li M, Cai Y, Zhao H, Xu Z, Sun Q, Luo M, et al. Overexpression of HMGB3 protein promotes cell proliferation, migration and is associated with poor prognosis in urinary bladder cancer patients. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:4785-92 pubmed publisher..In sum, our data suggests HMGB3 may serve as an important oncoprotein and indicate that overexpression of HMGB3 in UBC could be used as a potential prognostic marker. ..
- Chen X, Zhao G, Wang F, Gao F, Luo H, Wang Y, et al. Upregulation of miR-513b inhibits cell proliferation, migration, and promotes apoptosis by targeting high mobility group-box 3 protein in gastric cancer. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:11081-9 pubmed publisher..01). Furthermore, western blotting revealed that HMGB3 protein was overexpressed in tumor samples relative to matched, non-malignant adjacent tissues...
- Elgamal O, Park J, Gusev Y, Azevedo Pouly A, Jiang J, Roopra A, et al. Tumor suppressive function of mir-205 in breast cancer is linked to HMGB3 regulation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76402 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, regulation of HMGB3 by miR-205 reduced both proliferation and invasion of breast cancer cells. Our findings suggest that modulating miR-205 and/or targeting HMGB3 are potential therapies for advanced breast cancer. ..
- Hayes D, Secrist H, Bangur C, Wang T, Zhang X, Harlan D, et al. Multigene real-time PCR detection of circulating tumor cells in peripheral blood of lung cancer patients. Anticancer Res. 2006;26:1567-75 pubmed..These data indicate the diagnostic and prognostic utility of a multigene real-time RT-PCR assay to detect tumor cells in the peripheral blood of lung cancer patients. ..
- Hauke S, Leopold S, Schlueter C, Flohr A, Murua Escobar H, Rogalla P, et al. Extensive expression studies revealed a complex alternative splicing pattern of the HMGA2 gene. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1729:24-31 pubmed..It is hypothesized that HMGA2-dependent tumorigenesis is caused by a disturbed equilibrium in the co-expression of the HMGA2 splice variants leading to aberrant cell proliferation and/or malignant transformation of cells. ..
- Zhu S, Deng S, Ma Q, Zhang T, Jia C, Zhuo D, et al. MicroRNA-10A* and MicroRNA-21 modulate endothelial progenitor cell senescence via suppressing high-mobility group A2. Circ Res. 2013;112:152-64 pubmed publisher..miR-10A* and miR-21 regulate EPC senescence via suppressing Hmga2 expression and modulation of microRNAs may represent a potential therapeutic intervention in improving EPC-mediated angiogenesis and vascular repair. ..
- Li L, Huang J, Ju Z, Li Q, Wang C, Qi C, et al. Multiple promoters and targeted microRNAs direct the expressions of HMGB3 gene transcripts in dairy cattle. Anim Genet. 2013;44:241-50 pubmed publisher..05). The findings suggest that HMGB3 expression is under complex transcriptional and post-transcriptional control by alternate promoter usage, alternative splicing mechanism and microRNAs in dairy cattle...
- Tang H, Luo X, Xu G, Wang Y, Feng Z, Xu H, et al. High mobility group-box 3 overexpression is associated with poor prognosis of resected gastric adenocarcinoma. World J Gastroenterol. 2012;18:7319-26 pubmed publisher..Among 92 patients with gastric adenocarcinomas surgically removed in this study, high HMGB3 protein expression was detected in the gastric adenocarcinoma tissues vs peritumoral tissues (P < 0.001)...
- Song N, Liu B, Wu J, Zhang R, Duan L, He W, et al. Prognostic value of HMGB3 expression in patients with non-small cell lung cancer. Tumour Biol. 2013;34:2599-603 pubmed publisher..In sum, our data suggest that HMGB3 plays an important role in NSCLC progression, and that overexpression of HMGB3 in tumor tissues could be used as a potential prognostic marker for patients with NSCLC. ..
- Yang C, Chen L, Su J, Feng X, Rao Y. Two novel homologs of high mobility group box 3 gene in grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idella): potential roles in innate immune responses. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2013;35:1501-10 pubmed publisher..Taken together, current study provides the first evidence that HMGB3 participates in broad antiviral and antibacterial immune responses in teleosts. ..
- Nemeth M, Cline A, Anderson S, Garrett Beal L, Bodine D. Hmgb3 deficiency deregulates proliferation and differentiation of common lymphoid and myeloid progenitors. Blood. 2005;105:627-34 pubmed..This defect is compensated for by the ability of Hmgb3(-/Y) progenitors to expand rapidly and differentiate into normal numbers of hematopoietic cells. ..
- Stemmer C, Leeming D, Franssen L, Grimm R, Grasser K. Phosphorylation of maize and Arabidopsis HMGB proteins by protein kinase CK2alpha. Biochemistry. 2003;42:3503-8 pubmed
- Hu L, Yang X, Yuan D, Zeng F, Zhang X. GhHmgB3 deficiency deregulates proliferation and differentiation of cells during somatic embryogenesis in cotton. Plant Biotechnol J. 2011;9:1038-48 pubmed publisher..These results in response to the down-regulation of GhHmgB3 revealed series of ?-catenin-related mechanisms might be responsible for the deregulation of proliferation and differentiation of cells in cotton SE. ..
- Kiilerich B, Stemmer C, Merkle T, Launholt D, Gorr G, Grasser K. Chromosomal high mobility group (HMG) proteins of the HMGB-type occurring in the moss Physcomitrella patens. Gene. 2008;407:86-97 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data show that functional HMGB-type proteins occur in Physcomitrella and most likely in other lower plant species...
- Terada K, Kitayama A, Kanamoto T, Ueno N, Furukawa T. Nucleosome regulator Xhmgb3 is required for cell proliferation of the eye and brain as a downstream target of Xenopus rax/Rx1. Dev Biol. 2006;291:398-412 pubmed..Our findings reveal a novel aspect of progenitor cell proliferation during embryonic central nervous system (CNS) development. ..