Genomes and Genes
arntl transcription factors
Summary: Basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain-containing proteins that play important roles in CIRCADIAN RHYTHM regulation. They combine with CLOCK PROTEINS to form heterodimeric transcription factors that are specific for E-BOX ELEMENTS and stimulate the transcription of several E-box genes that are involved in cyclical regulation.
- Namihira M, Honma S, Abe H, Tanahashi Y, Ikeda M, Honma K. Daily variation and light responsiveness of mammalian clock gene, Clock and BMAL1, transcripts in the pineal body and different areas of brain in rats. Neurosci Lett. 1999;267:69-72 pubmed..The BMAL1 expressions in these areas were similar to the case in the pineal. These findings indicate that the mammalian clock gene, Clock and BMAL1, are expressed differently in the different areas of the brain and the pineal. ..
- Gerstner J. The aging clock: to 'BMAL'icious toward learning and memory. Aging (Albany NY). 2010;2:251-4 pubmed
- Sharp B, Paquet E, Naef F, Bafna A, Wijnen H. A new promoter element associated with daily time keeping in Drosophila. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:6459-6470 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, our results indicate that CATAC's enhancer function persists in the absence of CLK/CYC. Thus, CATAC represents a novel cis-regulatory element encoding clock-controlled regulation. ..
- Sobel J, Krier I, Andersin T, Raghav S, Canella D, Gilardi F, et al. Transcriptional regulatory logic of the diurnal cycle in the mouse liver. PLoS Biol. 2017;15:e2001069 pubmed publisher..Together, our temporal DNase I mappings allowed us to decipher the global regulation of diurnal transcription rhythms in the mouse liver. ..
- Fahrenkrug J, Georg B, Hannibal J, Jørgensen H. Hypophysectomy abolishes rhythms in rat thyroid hormones but not in the thyroid clock. J Endocrinol. 2017;233:209-216 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that the daily rhythm of thyroid hormone secretion is governed by SCN signalling via the rhythmic TSH secretion rather than by the local thyroid clock, which was still ticking after hypophysectomy. ..
- Fan Z, Zhao M, Joshi P, Li P, Zhang Y, Guo W, et al. A class of circadian long non-coding RNAs mark enhancers modulating long-range circadian gene regulation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:5720-5738 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the enhancer-associated circadian lncRNAs mark the genomic loci modulating long-range circadian gene regulation and shed new lights on the evolutionary origin of lncRNAs. ..
- Stevanovic K, Yunus A, Joly Amado A, Gordon M, Morgan D, Gulick D, et al. Disruption of normal circadian clock function in a mouse model of tauopathy. Exp Neurol. 2017;294:58-67 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these results establish the Tg4510 mouse line as a model to study how tauopathy disrupts normal circadian rhythm biology. ..
- Jiang N, Wang Z, Cao J, Dong Y, Chen Y. Effect of monochromatic light on circadian rhythmic expression of clock genes in the hypothalamus of chick. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017;173:476-484 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that the circadian clock in the chick hypothalamus such as non-SCN brain region were involved in the regulation of photo information. ..
- Musiek E, Lim M, Yang G, Bauer A, Qi L, Lee Y, et al. Circadian clock proteins regulate neuronal redox homeostasis and neurodegeneration. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:5389-400 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that BMAL1 in a complex with CLOCK or NPAS2 regulates cerebral redox homeostasis and connects impaired clock gene function to neurodegeneration. ..
- Børglum A, Demontis D, Grove J, Pallesen J, Hollegaard M, Pedersen C, et al. Genome-wide study of association and interaction with maternal cytomegalovirus infection suggests new schizophrenia loci. Mol Psychiatry. 2014;19:325-33 pubmed publisher..3 × 10(-7)) in CTNNA3, a gene not previously implicated in schizophrenia, stressing the importance of including environmental factors in genetic studies. ..
- Rybakowski J, Dmitrzak Weglar M, Kliwicki S, Hauser J. Polymorphism of circadian clock genes and prophylactic lithium response. Bipolar Disord. 2014;16:151-8 pubmed..Of special interest may be polymorphisms of these genes involved both in the predisposition to bipolar mood disorder and the lithium response. ..
- Sato F, Kohsaka A, Takahashi K, Otao S, Kitada Y, Iwasaki Y, et al. Smad3 and Bmal1 regulate p21 and S100A4 expression in myocardial stromal fibroblasts via TNF-?. Histochem Cell Biol. 2017;148:617-624 pubmed publisher..This new evidence suggests that Smad3 and Bmal1 regulate p21 and S100A4 expression in myocardial stromal fibroblasts through TNF-?. ..
- Schallner N, Lieberum J, Gallo D, LeBlanc R, Fuller P, Hanafy K, et al. Carbon Monoxide Preserves Circadian Rhythm to Reduce the Severity of Subarachnoid Hemorrhage in Mice. Stroke. 2017;48:2565-2573 pubmed publisher..Exposure to CO rescues the loss of HO-1 and thus merits further investigation in patients with SAH. ..
- Nakazato R, Kawabe K, Yamada D, Ikeno S, Mieda M, Shimba S, et al. Disruption of Bmal1 Impairs Blood-Brain Barrier Integrity via Pericyte Dysfunction. J Neurosci. 2017;37:10052-10062 pubmed publisher..Our present study demonstrates the involvement of circadian clock component Bmal1 in BBB homeostasis and highlights the role of Bmal1 dysfunction in multiple neurological diseases. ..