Summary: The protein components of milk obtained from the whey.
- Johansson M, Lundh Å, de Vries R, Sjaunja K. Composition and enzymatic activity in bulk milk from dairy farms with conventional or robotic milking systems. J Dairy Res. 2017;84:154-158 pubmed publisher..Milk samples were analysed for contents of total fat and protein, free fatty acids (FFA), caseins and whey proteins, somatic cell count (SCC), pH, plasmin and plasminogen derived activities, and total proteolysis...
- Mathai J, Liu Y, Stein H. Values for digestible indispensable amino acid scores (DIAAS) for some dairy and plant proteins may better describe protein quality than values calculated using the concept for protein digestibility-corrected amino acid scores (PDCAAS). Br J Nutr. 2017;117:490-499 pubmed publisher
- Kang M, Oh N, Kim M, Ahn H, Yoo H, Sun M, et al. Supplementation of fermented Maillard-reactive whey protein enhances immunity by increasing NK cell activity. Food Funct. 2017;8:1718-1725 pubmed publisher..571, P < 0.001) in the F-MRP group. Daily consumption of F-MRP enhanced NK cell function, which was positively associated with ?IL-12. Moreover, ?IL-12 was positively correlated with ?pre-albumin. ..
- Nikolaidis A, Andreadis M, Moschakis T. Effect of heat, pH, ultrasonication and ethanol on the denaturation of whey protein isolate using a newly developed approach in the analysis of difference-UV spectra. Food Chem. 2017;232:425-433 pubmed publisher..It was found that whey proteins exhibit their highest stability against heat denaturation at pH 3.75. At very low pH values, i.e. 2...
- Swiatecka D, Złotkowska D, Markiewicz L, Szyc A, Wroblewska B. Impact of whey proteins on the systemic and local intestinal level of mice with diet induced obesity. Food Funct. 2017;8:1708-1717 pubmed publisher..Milk whey proteins, are considered as such promising factors since they influence satiation as well as body weight and constitute ..
- Kjølbæk L, Sørensen L, Søndertoft N, Rasmussen C, Lorenzen J, Serena A, et al. Protein supplements after weight loss do not improve weight maintenance compared with recommended dietary protein intake despite beneficial effects on appetite sensation and energy expenditure: a randomized, controlled, double-blinded trial. Am J Clin Nutr. 2017;106:684-697 pubmed publisher..8-1.0 g · kg-1 · d-1). This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT01561131. ..
- Dhanappriya R, Magesh H, Deccaraman M, Anbarasu K, Hari R. Whey powder: a potential anti-diarrheal agent through its biofilm formation. Pak J Biol Sci. 2014;17:220-6 pubmed
- Giezenaar C, Trahair L, Luscombe Marsh N, Hausken T, Standfield S, Jones K, et al. Effects of randomized whey-protein loads on energy intake, appetite, gastric emptying, and plasma gut-hormone concentrations in older men and women. Am J Clin Nutr. 2017;106:865-877 pubmed publisher..This trial was registered at www.anzctr.org.au as ACTRN12612000941864. ..
- Rocha G, Kise F, Rosso A, Parisi M. Potential antioxidant peptides produced from whey hydrolysis with an immobilized aspartic protease from Salpichroa origanifolia fruits. Food Chem. 2017;237:350-355 pubmed publisher..48mg/ml). These results suggest that hydrolyzed WPC could be considered as a promising source of natural food antioxidants for the development of functional food. ..
- Ravanfar R, Comunian T, Dando R, Abbaspourrad A. Optimization of microcapsules shell structure to preserve labile compounds: A comparison between microfluidics and conventional homogenization method. Food Chem. 2018;241:460-467 pubmed publisher..The effect of cross-linking agents on the microcapsules were more significant when the microcapsules were produced by microfluidics. ..
- Al Malki A, Barbour E, Ea H, Moselhy S, ALZahrani A, Kumosani T. SIGNALING PATHWAYS REGULATED BY BRASSICACEAE EXTRACT INHIBIT THE FORMATION OF ADVANCED GLYCATED END PRODUCTS IN RAT BRAIN. Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med. 2017;14:234-240 pubmed publisher..signaling molecules mediated the formation of AGEs in brain of rats injected with CdCl2 and the role of camel whey proteins and Brassicaceae extract on formation of AGEs in brain...
- Matlschweiger A, Engelmaier H, Himmler G, Hahn R. Secretory immunoglobulin purification from whey by chromatographic techniques. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1060:53-62 pubmed publisher..The proposed process allows the purification of biologically active SIg from animal whey in preparative scale. For future applications, the process can easily be adopted for purification of recombinant secretory immunoglobulin species. ..
- Nascimento de Araújo A, Giugliano L. Human milk fractions inhibit the adherence of diffusely adherent Escherichia coli (DAEC) and enteroaggregative E. coli (EAEC) to HeLa cells. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2000;184:91-4 pubmed..coli (DAEC) and enteroaggregative E. coli (EAEC), to HeLa cells. Defatted milk, whey proteins, immunoglobulin and non-immunoglobulin fractions, in concentrations lower than usually found in whole milk, ..
- Zhang X, Beynen A. Lowering effect of dietary milk-whey protein v. casein on plasma and liver cholesterol concentrations in rats. Br J Nutr. 1993;70:139-46 pubmed..casein were not reproduced by the amino acid mixtures simulating these proteins. It is suggested tentatively that the cholesterol-lowering effect of whey protein in rats is caused by inhibition of hepatic cholesterol synthesis. ..
- Udechukwu M, Downey B, Udenigwe C. Influence of structural and surface properties of whey-derived peptides on zinc-chelating capacity, and in vitro gastric stability and bioaccessibility of the zinc-peptide complexes. Food Chem. 2018;240:1227-1232 pubmed publisher..The findings indicate that strong zinc chelation can promote gastric stability and impede intestinal release, for peptides intended for use as dietary zinc carriers. ..