Genomes and Genes
Summary: Myosin type II isoforms specifically found in the atrial muscle of the heart.
- Diffee G, Seversen E, Stein T, Johnson J. Microarray expression analysis of effects of exercise training: increase in atrial MLC-1 in rat ventricles. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2003;284:H830-7 pubmed..These results suggest that increased expression of aMLC-1 in response to training may be responsible, at least in part, for previously observed training-induced enhancement of contractile function. ..
- van der Velden J, Papp Z, Zaremba R, Boontje N, de Jong J, Owen V, et al. Increased Ca2+-sensitivity of the contractile apparatus in end-stage human heart failure results from altered phosphorylation of contractile proteins. Cardiovasc Res. 2003;57:37-47 pubmed
- NÃ¼hrenberg T, Hammann N, Schnick T, PreiÃŸl S, Witten A, Stoll M, et al. Cardiac Myocyte De Novo DNA Methyltransferases 3a/3b Are Dispensable for Cardiac Function and Remodeling after Chronic Pressure Overload in Mice. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0131019 pubmed publisher..The absence of cardiac pathology in the presence of the predicted molecular phenotype suggests that de novo DNA methylation in cardiomyocytes is dispensable for adaptive mechanisms after chronic cardiac pressure overload. ..
- Kopylova G, Nabiev S, Shchepkin D, Bershitsky S. Carbonylation of atrial myosin prolongs its interaction with actin. Eur Biophys J. 2018;47:11-18 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that carbonylation of atrial myosin induced by hyperthyroidism can be a rate-limiting factor of atrium contractility and so participates in the genesis of heart failure in hyperthyroidism. ..
- Wang G, Nikovits W, Bao Z, Stockdale F. Irx4 forms an inhibitory complex with the vitamin D and retinoic X receptors to regulate cardiac chamber-specific slow MyHC3 expression. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:28835-41 pubmed
- Bao Z, Bruneau B, Seidman J, Seidman C, Cepko C. Regulation of chamber-specific gene expression in the developing heart by Irx4. Science. 1999;283:1161-4 pubmed..Thus, Irx4 may play a critical role in establishing chamber-specific gene expression in the developing heart. ..
- TARGOFF K, Colombo S, George V, Schell T, Kim S, Solnica Krezel L, et al. Nkx genes are essential for maintenance of ventricular identity. Development. 2013;140:4203-13 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results are relevant to the etiologies of fetal and neonatal cardiac pathology and could direct future innovations in cardiac regenerative medicine...
- Petzhold D, Lossie J, Keller S, Werner S, Haase H, Morano I. Human essential myosin light chain isoforms revealed distinct myosin binding, sarcomeric sorting, and inotropic activity. Cardiovasc Res. 2011;90:513-20 pubmed publisher..Intense myosin binding of hALC-1 provides a mechanism for preferential sarcomeric sorting and Ca(2+)-independent positive inotropic activity. ..
- Hünlich M, Tremble S, Begin K, Leavitt B, Ittleman F, VanBuren P. Atrial contractile protein content and function are preserved in patients with coronary artery disease and atrial fibrillation. Coron Artery Dis. 2010;21:357-62 pubmed publisher..Unlike human ventricular dysfunction where contractile protein function is directly affected, the contractile deficit of AF is not the result of alterations in myosin content or contractile protein function. ..
- Liberatore C, Searcy Schrick R, Yutzey K. Ventricular expression of tbx5 inhibits normal heart chamber development. Dev Biol. 2000;223:169-80 pubmed..These studies provide direct evidence for an essential role for tbx5 in early heart morphogenesis and chamber-specific gene expression. ..
- Xavier Neto J, Shapiro M, Houghton L, Rosenthal N. Sequential programs of retinoic acid synthesis in the myocardial and epicardial layers of the developing avian heart. Dev Biol. 2000;219:129-41 pubmed
- Shchepkin D, Nikitina L, Bershitsky S, Kopylova G. The isoforms of ?-actin and myosin affect the Ca2+ regulation of the actin-myosin interaction in the heart. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:324-329 pubmed publisher..The results show that isoforms of ?-actin and the ratio of ?/?-chains of Tpm differently affect the calcium regulation of the actin-myosin interaction in myocardium in dependence on cardiac myosin isoforms. ..
- Chen Q, Moore L, Wick M, Bandman E. Identification of a genomic locus containing three slow myosin heavy chain genes in the chicken. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1353:148-56 pubmed..We further show that a probe specific to a third slow MyHC gene also hybridized with the same 80-kb genomic fragment. We conclude that in the chicken genome there is a slow MyHC locus containing at least three distinct slow MyHC genes. ..