Genomes and Genes
Summary: The protein constituents of muscle, the major ones being ACTINS and MYOSINS. More than a dozen accessory proteins exist including TROPONIN; TROPOMYOSIN; and DYSTROPHIN.
- Fiaschi T, Marini A, Giannoni E, Taddei M, Gandellini P, De Donatis A, et al. Reciprocal metabolic reprogramming through lactate shuttle coordinately influences tumor-stroma interplay. Cancer Res. 2012;72:5130-40 pubmed publisher..Hence, cancer cells allocate Warburg metabolism to their corrupted CAFs, exploiting their byproducts to grow in a low glucose environment, symbiotically adapting with stromal cells to glucose availability. ..
- Yu B, Chen X, Li J, Qu Y, Su L, Peng Y, et al. Stromal fibroblasts in the microenvironment of gastric carcinomas promote tumor metastasis via upregulating TAGLN expression. BMC Cell Biol. 2013;14:17 pubmed publisher..CAFs may promote gastric cancer cell migration and invasion via upregulating TAGLN and TAGLN induced MMP-2 production. ..
- Shilagardi K, Li S, Luo F, Marikar F, Duan R, Jin P, et al. Actin-propelled invasive membrane protrusions promote fusogenic protein engagement during cell-cell fusion. Science. 2013;340:359-63 pubmed publisher..This de novo cell fusion culture system reveals a general role for actin-propelled invasive membrane protrusions in driving fusogenic protein engagement during cell-cell fusion. ..
- Bonaldo P, Sandri M. Cellular and molecular mechanisms of muscle atrophy. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:25-39 pubmed publisher..Understanding how these pathways regulate muscle mass will provide new therapeutic targets for the prevention and treatment of muscle atrophy in metabolic and neuromuscular diseases...
- ..This article is part of a Directed Issue entitled: Molecular basis of muscle wasting. ..
- Hojayev B, Rothermel B, Gillette T, Hill J. FHL2 binds calcineurin and represses pathological cardiac growth. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:4025-34 pubmed publisher..FHL2 is an endogenous, agonist-dependent suppressor of calcineurin. ..
- Curry J, Tuluc M, Whitaker Menezes D, Ames J, Anantharaman A, Butera A, et al. Cancer metabolism, stemness and tumor recurrence: MCT1 and MCT4 are functional biomarkers of metabolic symbiosis in head and neck cancer. Cell Cycle. 2013;12:1371-84 pubmed publisher..As such, we should consider metabolically treating cancer patients with mitochondrial inhibitors (such as Metformin), and/or with a combination of MCT1 and MCT4 inhibitors, to target "metabolic symbiosis." ..
- Ibrahim M, Siedlecka U, Buyandelger B, Harada M, Rao C, Moshkov A, et al. A critical role for Telethonin in regulating t-tubule structure and function in the mammalian heart. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:372-83 pubmed publisher..In conjunction, Tcap KO showed severe loss of cell surface ultrastructure. These data suggest that Tcap is a critical, load-sensitive regulator of t-tubule structure and function. ..
- Piccirillo R, Goldberg A. The p97/VCP ATPase is critical in muscle atrophy and the accelerated degradation of muscle proteins. EMBO J. 2012;31:3334-50 pubmed publisher..Thus, p97 restrains post-natal muscle growth, and during atrophy, is essential for the accelerated degradation of most muscle proteins.
- Sánchez Alvarez R, Martinez Outschoorn U, Lin Z, Lamb R, Hulit J, Howell A, et al. Ethanol exposure induces the cancer-associated fibroblast phenotype and lethal tumor metabolism: implications for breast cancer prevention. Cell Cycle. 2013;12:289-301 pubmed publisher..We also show that caveolin-1 and MCT4 protein expression can be effectively used as new biomarkers to monitor oxidative stress induced by ethanol. ..
- Schakman O, Dehoux M, Bouchuari S, Delaere S, Lause P, Decroly N, et al. Role of IGF-I and the TNF?/NF-?B pathway in the induction of muscle atrogenes by acute inflammation. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2012;303:E729-39 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we show that increased GC production plays a more crucial role than decreased IGF-I and increased TNF?/NF-?B pathway for the induction of the proteolytic systems caused by acute inflammation. ..
- Lanza I, Zabielski P, Klaus K, Morse D, Heppelmann C, Bergen H, et al. Chronic caloric restriction preserves mitochondrial function in senescence without increasing mitochondrial biogenesis. Cell Metab. 2012;16:777-88 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that CR preserves mitochondrial function by protecting the integrity and function of existing cellular components rather than by increasing mitochondrial biogenesis. ..
- Hulmi J, Oliveira B, Silvennoinen M, Hoogaars W, Ma H, Pierre P, et al. Muscle protein synthesis, mTORC1/MAPK/Hippo signaling, and capillary density are altered by blocking of myostatin and activins. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2013;304:E41-50 pubmed publisher..This suggests that Hippo signaling may have a role in skeletal muscle in various circumstances. ..
- Brun J, Dieudonné F, Marty C, Müller J, Schüle R, Patino Garcia A, et al. FHL2 silencing reduces Wnt signaling and osteosarcoma tumorigenesis in vitro and in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55034 pubmed publisher..More importantly, FHL2 depletion greatly reduces tumor cell growth and metastasis, which raises the potential therapeutic interest of targeting FHL2 to efficiently impact primary bone tumors. ..
- Dahan J, Nouet Y, Jouvion G, Levillayer F, Adib Conquy M, Cassard Doulcier A, et al. LIM-only protein FHL2 activates NF-?B signaling in the control of liver regeneration and hepatocarcinogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:3299-308 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate FHL2 as a positive regulator of NF-?B activity in liver regeneration and carcinogenesis and highlight the importance of FHL2 in both hepatocytes and hepatic immune cells. ..
- Matulis C, Mayo K. The LIM domain protein FHL2 interacts with the NR5A family of nuclear receptors and CREB to activate the inhibin-? subunit gene in ovarian granulosa cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2012;26:1278-90 pubmed publisher..Collectively these results identify FHL2 as a novel coactivator of NR5A nuclear receptors in ovarian granulosa cells and suggest its involvement in regulating target genes important for mammalian reproduction...
- Sipido K, Acsai K, Antoons G, Bito V, Macquaide N. T-tubule remodelling and ryanodine receptor organization modulate sodium-calcium exchange. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2013;961:375-83 pubmed publisher..The loss of T-tubules and the effects on RyR function and NCX modulation are explored, as well as quantitative measurement of local Ca(2+) gradients at the level of the dyadic space. ..
- Nouet Y, Dahan J, Labalette C, Levillayer F, Julien B, Jouvion G, et al. The four and a half LIM-only protein 2 regulates liver homeostasis and contributes to carcinogenesis. J Hepatol. 2012;57:1029-36 pubmed publisher..Our results implicate FHL2 in the regulation of signaling pathways that couple proliferation and cell death machineries, and underscore the important role of FHL2 in liver homeostasis and carcinogenesis. ..
- O Leary M, Vainshtein A, Iqbal S, Ostojic O, Hood D. Adaptive plasticity of autophagic proteins to denervation in aging skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2013;304:C422-30 pubmed publisher..This may contribute to an accumulation of dysfunctional mitochondria in aged muscle...
- Xia T, Levy L, Levillayer F, Jia B, Li G, Neuveut C, et al. The four and a half LIM-only protein 2 (FHL2) activates transforming growth factor ? (TGF-?) signaling by regulating ubiquitination of the E3 ligase Arkadia. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:1785-94 pubmed publisher..Our study uncovers a novel regulatory mechanism of Arkadia by ubiquitination and identifies FHL2 as important regulator of Arkadia ubiquitination and TGF-? signal transduction. ..
- Orfanos Z, Sparrow J. Myosin isoform switching during assembly of the Drosophila flight muscle thick filament lattice. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:139-48 pubmed publisher..We propose that this flightin binding restricts myosin molecule incorporation/dissociation during thick filament assembly and explains the location of the early MHC isoform pattern in the IFM A-band. ..
- Carberry S, Zweyer M, Swandulla D, Ohlendieck K. Profiling of age-related changes in the tibialis anterior muscle proteome of the mdx mouse model of dystrophinopathy. J Biomed Biotechnol. 2012;2012:691641 pubmed publisher..Immunoblotting confirmed age-dependent changes in the density of key muscle proteins in mdx muscle...
- Qiu J, Tsien C, Thapalaya S, Narayanan A, Weihl C, Ching J, et al. Hyperammonemia-mediated autophagy in skeletal muscle contributes to sarcopenia of cirrhosis. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2012;303:E983-93 pubmed publisher..These observations show that increased skeletal muscle autophagy in cirrhosis is mediated by hyperammonemia and may contribute to sarcopenia of cirrhosis. ..
- Kobayashi K, Ogasawara R, Tsutaki A, Lee K, Ochi E, Nakazato K. Genetic strain-dependent protein metabolism and muscle hypertrophy under chronic isometric training in rat gastrocnemius muscle. Physiol Res. 2012;61:527-35 pubmed..05). However, in Wistar rats, there was no significant difference. These results suggest a genetic strain difference in protein metabolism. This phenomenon may be useful for studying individual differences in response to RT...
- Bhuiyan M, Pattison J, Osinska H, James J, Gulick J, McLendon P, et al. Enhanced autophagy ameliorates cardiac proteinopathy. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:5284-97 pubmed publisher..The entire exercised Atg7-crossed CryABR120G cohort survived to 7 months. These findings suggest that activating autophagy may be a viable therapeutic strategy for improving cardiac performance under proteotoxic conditions. ..
- Kao M, Columbus D, Suryawan A, Steinhoff Wagner J, Hernandez Garcia A, Nguyen H, et al. Enteral β-hydroxy-β-methylbutyrate supplementation increases protein synthesis in skeletal muscle of neonatal pigs. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2016;310:E1072-84 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that enteral supplementation with HMB increases skeletal muscle protein anabolism in neonates by stimulation of protein synthesis and satellite cell proliferation. ..
- Liu X, Trakooljul N, MurÃ¡ni E, Krischek C, Schellander K, Wicke M, et al. Molecular changes in mitochondrial respiratory activity and metabolic enzyme activity in muscle of four pig breeds with distinct metabolic types. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 2016;48:55-65 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results further the breed-specific understanding of the molecular basis of metabolic enzyme activities, which directly impact meat quality. ..
- Gavini C, Mukherjee S, Shukla C, Britton S, Koch L, Shi H, et al. Leanness and heightened nonresting energy expenditure: role of skeletal muscle activity thermogenesis. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2014;306:E635-47 pubmed publisher..We find little support for the hypothesis that resting metabolic rate is correlated with maximal aerobic capacity if body size and composition are fully considered; rather, the critical factor appears to be activity thermogenesis. ..
- Paillard T. [Neuromuscular system and aging: involutions and implications]. Geriatr Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil. 2013;11:379-87 pubmed publisher..A program of aerobic training can induce an increase in the synthesis of ARN messengers coding isoforms related to the oxidative metabolism (MHC-I and to a lesser extent MHC-IIa) while the transcribed for the type MHC-IIx decrease. ..
- Rowlands D, Nelson A, Raymond F, Metairon S, Mansourian R, Clarke J, et al. Protein-leucine ingestion activates a regenerative inflammo-myogenic transcriptome in skeletal muscle following intense endurance exercise. Physiol Genomics. 2016;48:21-32 pubmed publisher..Further cellular and translational research is warranted to validate amino acid-mediated myeloid and myocellular mechanisms within skeletal-muscle functional plasticity. ..
- Cid Díaz T, Santos Zas I, González Sánchez J, Gurriaran Rodriguez U, Mosteiro C, Casabiell X, et al. Obestatin controls the ubiquitin-proteasome and autophagy-lysosome systems in glucocorticoid-induced muscle cell atrophy. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2017;8:974-990 pubmed publisher..Here, we investigated whether the obestatin/GPR39 system, an autocrine/paracrine signaling system acting on myogenesis and with anabolic effects on the skeletal muscle, could protect against glucocorticoid-induced muscle cell atrophy...
- Zhang J, Liu Y. MicroRNA in Skeletal Muscle: Its Crucial Roles in Signal Proteins, Muscle Fiber Type, and Muscle Protein Synthesis. Curr Protein Pept Sci. 2016;: pubmed
- Miyake M, Kuroda M, Kiyonari H, Takehana K, Hisanaga S, Morimoto M, et al. Ligand-induced rapid skeletal muscle atrophy in HSA-Fv2E-PERK transgenic mice. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179955 pubmed publisher..As a novel model of muscle wasting, HSA-Fv2E-PERK Tg mice provide a convenient tool for studying the pathogenesis of muscle loss and for assessing putative therapeutics. ..
- Mirza K, Luo M, Pereira S, Voss A, Das T, Tisdale M. In vitro assessment of the combined effect of eicosapentaenoic acid, green tea extract and curcumin C3 on protein loss in C2C12 myotubes. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2016;52:838-45 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that either curcumin or GTE or the combination could enhance the anti-catabolic effect of EPA on lean body mass. ..
- Marques C, Viegas F, Rito J, Jones J, Viegas I. Determination of muscle protein synthesis rates in fish using (2)H2O and (2)H NMR analysis of alanine. Anal Biochem. 2016;509:111-114 pubmed publisher..The analysis is simple and robust, and provides precise measurements of excess alanine (2)H-enrichment in the 0.1-0.4% range from 50 mmol of alanine recovered from muscle protein. ..
- Ghanizadeh Kazerouni E, Franklin C, Seebacher F. UV-B exposure reduces locomotor performance by impairing muscle function but not mitochondrial ATP production. J Exp Biol. 2016;219:96-102 pubmed publisher..High concentrations of ROS can damage mitochondria, resulting in reduced ATP production. ROS can also damage muscle proteins, thereby leading to impaired muscle contractile function...
- Zhang Y, Dai B, Deng Y, Zhao Y. In vitro anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activities and protein quality of high hydrostatic pressure treated squids (Todarodes pacificus). Food Chem. 2016;203:258-266 pubmed publisher..00-3.19 and 3.60-3.79 ppm. This indicates that the HHP treatments modified the protein and functional properties of squids and gave the relevant chemical shifts in NMR signals, either migrated or disappeared. ..
- Veeranki S, Givvimani S, Pushpakumar S, Tyagi S. Hyperhomocysteinemia attenuates angiogenesis through reduction of HIF-1? and PGC-1? levels in muscle fibers during hindlimb ischemia. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2014;306:H1116-27 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that HHcy adversely affects muscle-specific ischemic responses and contributes to muscle frailty...
- Fluckey J, Pohnert S, Boyd S, Cortright R, Trappe T, Dohm G. Insulin stimulation of muscle protein synthesis in obese Zucker rats is not via a rapamycin-sensitive pathway. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2000;279:E182-7 pubmed..Furthermore, rapamycin inhibits protein synthesis in muscle of obese Zucker rats; however, stimulation of protein synthesis by insulin is not via a rapamycin-sensitive pathway...
- Krag T, Hauerslev S, Dahlqvist J, Vissing J. Muscle biopsies off-set normal cellular signaling in surrounding musculature. Neuromuscul Disord. 2013;23:981-5 pubmed publisher..Cellular signaling after a biopsy resembles what is seen in severe limb-girdle muscular dystrophy type 2I with respect to protein synthesis and myogenesis despite normal histologic appearance. ..
- al Yacoub N, Shaheen R, Awad S, Kunhi M, Dzimiri N, Nguyen H, et al. FBXO32, encoding a member of the SCF complex, is mutated in dilated cardiomyopathy. Genome Biol. 2016;17:2 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that abnormal SCF activity with subsequent impairment of the autophagic flux due to a novel FBXO32 mutation is implicated in the pathogenesis of DCM. ..
- Asai M, Kinjo A, Kimura S, Mori R, Kawakubo T, Shirotani K, et al. Perturbed Calcineurin-NFAT Signaling Is Associated with the Development of Alzheimer's Disease. Biol Pharm Bull. 2016;39:1646-1652 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that a dysregulation in calcineurin-NFAT signaling may contribute to the early onset of AD in people with DS. ..
- Wu H, Hsu S, Wu W, Hu J, Ouyang P. Transgenic mice expressing mutant Pinin exhibit muscular dystrophy, nebulin deficiency and elevated expression of slow-type muscle fiber genes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;443:313-20 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Pnn downregulation in skeletal muscle causes a muscular dystrophic phenotype associated with NEB deficiency and the CCD domain is incapable of replacing full length Pnn in terms of functional capacity. ..
- Hudson M, Woodworth Hobbs M, Zheng B, Rahnert J, Blount M, Gooch J, et al. miR-23a is decreased during muscle atrophy by a mechanism that includes calcineurin signaling and exosome-mediated export. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2014;306:C551-8 pubmed publisher..Dex did not alter the number of exosomes released into the media. We conclude that atrophy-inducing conditions downregulate miR-23a in muscle by mechanisms involving attenuated Cn/NFAT signaling and selective packaging into exosomes. ..
- Jiang X, Gao M, Chen Y, Liu J, Qi S, Ma J, et al. EPO-dependent induction of erythroferrone drives hepcidin suppression and systematic iron absorption under phenylhydrazine-induced hemolytic anemia. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2016;58:45-51 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data unearthed EPO-dependent ERFE expression acts as an erythropoiesis-driven regulator of iron metabolism under PHZ-induced hemolytic anemia. ..
- Mia M, Bank R. The pro-fibrotic properties of transforming growth factor on human fibroblasts are counteracted by caffeic acid by inhibiting myofibroblast formation and collagen synthesis. Cell Tissue Res. 2016;363:775-89 pubmed publisher..Major discrepancies were seen between mRNA levels of collagen type I and cells stained positive for collagen, underlining the need for protein data in fibrosis studies to make reliable conclusions. ..
- Liu J, Zhao S, Jiang Z. [Clinical analysis of a Chinese child with leukocyte adhesion deficiency type 1]. Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi. 2013;51:531-4 pubmed..He received a diagnosis of LAD-I. ..
- Yi F, Wang H, Chai Q, Wang X, Shen W, Willis M, et al. Regulation of large conductance Ca2+-activated K+ (BK) channel ?1 subunit expression by muscle RING finger protein 1 in diabetic vessels. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:10853-64 pubmed publisher..Hence, our results provide the first evidence that the up-regulation of NF-?B-dependent MuRF1 expression is a novel mechanism that leads to BK channelopathy and vasculopathy in diabetes. ..
- Zhao Y, Chen Y, Miao G, Zhao H, Qu W, Li D, et al. The ER-Localized Transmembrane Protein EPG-3/VMP1 Regulates SERCA Activity to Control ER-Isolation Membrane Contacts for Autophagosome Formation. Mol Cell. 2017;67:974-989.e6 pubmed publisher..Our study provides mechanistic insights into the establishment and disassociation of ER-IM contacts and reveals that VMP1 modulates SERCA activity to control ER contacts. ..
- Zhao J, Liang S, Fu W, Zhu B, Li S, Han H, et al. The LIM domain protein FHL1C interacts with tight junction protein ZO-1 contributing to the epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) of a breast adenocarcinoma cell line. Gene. 2014;542:182-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study might provide new insight into the function of FHL1C on the regulation of EMT in cancer cells. ..
- Kerner J, Minkler P, Lesnefsky E, Hoppel C. Fatty acid chain elongation in palmitate-perfused working rat heart: mitochondrial acetyl-CoA is the source of two-carbon units for chain elongation. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:10223-34 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that the chain elongation process is localized on the outer surface of the mitochondrial outer membrane. ..
- Song D, Ryu J, Kim J, Kwon E, Kim D. The miR-19a/b family positively regulates cardiomyocyte hypertrophy by targeting atrogin-1 and MuRF-1. Biochem J. 2014;457:151-62 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results of the present study demonstrate that the miR-19a/b family regulates phenotypes of cardiomyocytes via suppression of multiple direct target genes. ..
- Thomas Tran R, Du Bois J. Mutant cycle analysis with modified saxitoxins reveals specific interactions critical to attaining high-affinity inhibition of hNaV1.7. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:5856-61 pubmed publisher..A revised toxin-receptor binding model is presented, which is consistent with the large body of SAR data that we have obtained. This new model is expected to facilitate subsequent efforts to design isoform-selective NaV inhibitors. ..
- Pan X, Zaarur N, Singh M, MORIN P, Kandror K. Sortilin and retromer mediate retrograde transport of Glut4 in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Mol Biol Cell. 2017;28:1667-1675 pubmed publisher..We suggest that sortilin- and retromer-mediated Glut4 retrieval from endosomes may represent a step in the Glut4 pathway vulnerable to the development of insulin resistance and diabetes. ..
- Nakashima K, Ishida A, Katsumata M. Comparison of atrogin-1/MAFbx mRNA expression in the gizzards of egg- and meat-type chickens. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2013;77:2319-21 pubmed..Thus atrogin-1/MAFbx mRNA expression in the smooth muscle of the gizzard was higher in meat-type chickens than in egg-type chickens, in contrast to its expression in the skeletal muscles. ..
- Liu X, Li H, Rajurkar M, Li Q, Cotton J, Ou J, et al. Tead and AP1 Coordinate Transcription and Motility. Cell Rep. 2016;14:1169-1180 pubmed publisher..Together, our data unveil a critical regulatory mechanism underlying Tead- and AP1-controlled transcriptional and functional outputs in cancer cells. ..
- Vaz C, Marques R, Cardoso H, Maia C, Socorro S. Suppressed glycolytic metabolism in the prostate of transgenic rats overexpressing calcium-binding protein regucalcin underpins reduced cell proliferation. Transgenic Res. 2016;25:139-48 pubmed publisher..The present findings also suggest that the loss of RGN may predispose to a hyper glycolytic profile and fostered proliferation of prostate cells. ..
- Guan X, Goddard M, Mack D, Childers M. Gene therapy in monogenic congenital myopathies. Methods. 2016;99:91-8 pubmed publisher..Prospective applications and approaches to gene replacement therapy, using these disorders as examples, are discussed in this review. ..
- Macri V, Mahida S, Zhang M, Sinner M, Dolmatova E, Tucker N, et al. A novel trafficking-defective HCN4 mutation is associated with early-onset atrial fibrillation. Heart Rhythm. 2014;11:1055-1062 pubmed publisher..Pro257Ser mutant channel failed to colocalize with the wild-type HCN4 channel on the cell membrane. Our findings are consistent with HCN4 haploinsufficiency as the likely mechanism for early-onset AF in the p.Pro257Ser carrier. ..
- Yin H, Zhang S, Gilbert E, Siegel P, Zhu Q, Wong E. Expression profiles of muscle genes in postnatal skeletal muscle in lines of chickens divergently selected for high and low body weight. Poult Sci. 2014;93:147-54 pubmed publisher..Thus, long-term selection for growth has altered the pattern of muscle gene expression. ..
- Kozjak Pavlovic V, Prell F, Thiede B, Götz M, Wosiek D, Ott C, et al. C1orf163/RESA1 is a novel mitochondrial intermembrane space protein connected to respiratory chain assembly. J Mol Biol. 2014;426:908-20 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we propose C1orf163 to be a novel factor important for the assembly of respiratory chain complexes in human mitochondria and suggest to name it RESA1 (for RESpiratory chain Assembly 1). ..
- Liu R, Hossain M, Chen X, Jin J. Mechanoregulation of SM22?/Transgelin. Biochemistry. 2017;56:5526-5538 pubmed publisher..The novel mechanoregulation of SM22?/transgelin lays the groundwork for understanding its cellular functions. ..