Genomes and Genes
minichromosome maintenance proteins
Summary: A family of proteins that were originally identified in SACCHAROMYCES CEREVISIAE as being essential for maintaining the structure of minichromosomes00. They form into a protein complex that has helicase activity and is involved in a variety of DNA-related functions including replication elongation, RNA transcription, chromatin remodeling, and genome stability.
- Senfter D, Erkan E, Ozer E, Jungwirth G, Madlener S, Kool M, et al. Overexpression of minichromosome maintenance protein 10 in medulloblastoma and its clinical implications. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2017;64: pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study reveals that the pre-RC is dysregulated in MB. In addition, MCM10, a member of this complex, is significantly overexpressed in MB and is required for tumor cell proliferation. ..
- SIMON N, Bochman M, Seguin S, Brodsky J, Seibel W, Schwacha A. Ciprofloxacin is an inhibitor of the Mcm2-7 replicative helicase. Biosci Rep. 2013;33: pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that ciprofloxacin targets Mcm2-7 in vitro, and support the feasibility of developing specific quinolone-based inhibitors of Mcm2-7 for therapeutic and experimental applications. ..
- Ganaie S, Zou W, Xu P, Deng X, Kleiboeker S, Qiu J. Phosphorylated STAT5 directly facilitates parvovirus B19 DNA replication in human erythroid progenitors through interaction with the MCM complex. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006370 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated that pimozide could be a promising antiviral drug for treatment of B19V-related diseases. ..
- Alasiri S, Basit S, Wood Trageser M, Yatsenko S, Jeffries E, Surti U, et al. Exome sequencing reveals MCM8 mutation underlies ovarian failure and chromosomal instability. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:258-62 pubmed publisher..P149R to sites of DNA damage. Our study identifies an autosomal recessive disorder caused by an MCM8 mutation that manifests with endocrine dysfunction and genomic instability. ..
- Inano S, Sato K, Katsuki Y, Kobayashi W, Tanaka H, Nakajima K, et al. RFWD3-Mediated Ubiquitination Promotes Timely Removal of Both RPA and RAD51 from DNA Damage Sites to Facilitate Homologous Recombination. Mol Cell. 2017;66:622-634.e8 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data reveal a mechanism that facilitates timely removal of RPA and RAD51 from DNA damage sites, which is crucial for progression to the late-phase HR and suppression of the FA phenotype. ..
- Bouali N, Francou B, Bouligand J, Imanci D, Dimassi S, Tosca L, et al. New MCM8 mutation associated with premature ovarian insufficiency and chromosomal instability in a highly consanguineous Tunisian family. Fertil Steril. 2017;108:694-702 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide additional support to the view that MCM8 mutations are involved in the primary ovarian insufficiency phenotype. ..
- Coster G, Diffley J. Bidirectional eukaryotic DNA replication is established by quasi-symmetrical helicase loading. Science. 2017;357:314-318 pubmed publisher..We propose that quasi-symmetrical loading of individual MCM hexamers by ORC and directed MCM translocation into double hexamers acts as a unifying mechanism for the establishment of bidirectional replication in archaea and eukaryotes. ..