Genomes and Genes
cell cycle proteins
Summary: Proteins that control the CELL DIVISION CYCLE. This family of proteins includes a wide variety of classes, including CYCLIN-DEPENDENT KINASES, mitogen-activated kinases, CYCLINS, and PHOSPHOPROTEIN PHOSPHATASES as well as their putative substrates such as chromatin-associated proteins, CYTOSKELETAL PROTEINS, and TRANSCRIPTION FACTORS.
- Matos J, Blanco M, West S. Cell-cycle kinases coordinate the resolution of recombination intermediates with chromosome segregation. Cell Rep. 2013;4:76-86 pubmed publisher..Therefore, temporal restriction of JM resolution, imposed by Cdk/Cdc5, minimizes the potential for loss of heterozygosity while preventing chromosome missegregation and aneuploidy. ..
- Busygina V, Gaines W, Xu Y, Kwon Y, Williams G, Lin S, et al. Functional attributes of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae meiotic recombinase Dmc1. DNA Repair (Amst). 2013;12:707-12 pubmed publisher..5 protomers per turn with a pitch of ?106Å. The ScDmc1 purification procedure and companion molecular analyses should facilitate future studies on this recombinase. ..
- Sadasivam S, DeCaprio J. The DREAM complex: master coordinator of cell cycle-dependent gene expression. Nat Rev Cancer. 2013;13:585-95 pubmed publisher..Perturbations in DREAM complex regulation shift the balance from quiescence towards proliferation and contribute to the increased mitotic gene expression levels that are frequently observed in cancers with a poor prognosis. ..
- Coffman V, Sees J, Kovar D, Wu J. The formins Cdc12 and For3 cooperate during contractile ring assembly in cytokinesis. J Cell Biol. 2013;203:101-14 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate that different formins cooperate in cytokinesis and that de novo actin assembly at the division site is predominant for contractile ring formation. ..
- Hiraga S, Alvino G, Chang F, Lian H, Sridhar A, Kubota T, et al. Rif1 controls DNA replication by directing Protein Phosphatase 1 to reverse Cdc7-mediated phosphorylation of the MCM complex. Genes Dev. 2014;28:372-83 pubmed publisher..Since PP1 interaction sites are evolutionarily conserved within the Rif1 sequence, it is likely that replication control by Rif1 through PP1 is a conserved mechanism. ..
- Juanes M, Khoueiry R, Kupka T, Castro A, Mudrak I, Ogris E, et al. Budding yeast greatwall and endosulfines control activity and spatial regulation of PP2A(Cdc55) for timely mitotic progression. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003575 pubmed publisher..However, this conserved module is adapted to account for differences in the regulation of mitotic entry in different organisms. ..
- Eissler C, Mazon G, Powers B, Savinov S, Symington L, Hall M. The Cdk/cDc14 module controls activation of the Yen1 holliday junction resolvase to promote genome stability. Mol Cell. 2014;54:80-93 pubmed publisher..The precise timing of Yen1 activation, governed by core cell-cycle regulators, helps coordinate DNA repair with chromosome segregation and safeguards against genome destabilization. ..
- Clayton J, Pollard L, Sckolnick M, Bookwalter C, Hodges A, Trybus K, et al. Fission yeast tropomyosin specifies directed transport of myosin-V along actin cables. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:66-75 pubmed publisher..Our findings outline a mechanism by which tropomyosin facilitates sorting of transport to specific actin tracks within the cell by switching on myosin processivity...
- Natsume T, Müller C, Katou Y, Retkute R, Gierlinski M, Araki H, et al. Kinetochores coordinate pericentromeric cohesion and early DNA replication by Cdc7-Dbf4 kinase recruitment. Mol Cell. 2013;50:661-74 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have found the central mechanism by which kinetochores orchestrate early S phase DNA replication and robust sister chromatid cohesion at microtubule attachment sites...
- Seitan V, Faure A, Zhan Y, McCord R, Lajoie B, Ing Simmons E, et al. Cohesin-based chromatin interactions enable regulated gene expression within preexisting architectural compartments. Genome Res. 2013;23:2066-77 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that cohesin-mediated long-range interactions facilitate discrete gene expression states within preexisting chromosomal compartments. ..
- El Andalousi J, Li Y, Anand Srivastava M. Natriuretic peptide receptor-C agonist attenuates the expression of cell cycle proteins and proliferation of vascular smooth muscle cells from spontaneously hypertensive rats: role of Gi proteins and MAPkinase/PI3kinase signaling. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76183 pubmed publisher..cells (VSMC) from spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR) exhibit hyperproliferation and overexpression of cell cycle proteins. We earlier showed that small peptide fragments of cytoplasmic domain of natriuretic receptor-C (NPR-C) ..
- Conduit P, Feng Z, Richens J, Baumbach J, Wainman A, Bakshi S, et al. The centrosome-specific phosphorylation of Cnn by Polo/Plk1 drives Cnn scaffold assembly and centrosome maturation. Dev Cell. 2014;28:659-69 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Polo/Plk1 initiates the phosphorylation-dependent assembly of a Cnn scaffold around centrioles that is essential for efficient centrosome maturation in flies. ..
- Banaszynski L, Wen D, Dewell S, Whitcomb S, Lin M, Diaz N, et al. Hira-dependent histone H3.3 deposition facilitates PRC2 recruitment at developmental loci in ES cells. Cell. 2013;155:107-20 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our findings support the emerging notion that H3.3 has multiple functions in distinct genomic locations that are not always correlated with an "active" chromatin state. ..
- Bae D, Jansson P, Huang M, Kovacevic Z, Kalinowski D, Lee C, et al. The role of NDRG1 in the pathology and potential treatment of human cancers. J Clin Pathol. 2013;66:911-7 pubmed publisher..This observation has led to increased interest in the examination of these novel anticancer agents. ..
- Lezina L, Purmessur N, Antonov A, Ivanova T, Karpova E, Krishan K, et al. miR-16 and miR-26a target checkpoint kinases Wee1 and Chk1 in response to p53 activation by genotoxic stress. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e953 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data provide a novel mechanism whereby p53 represses Chk1 and Wee1 expression, at least partially, via upregulation of miR-16 and miR-26a and thus sensitizes tumour cells to genotoxic therapies. ..
- Stumpf C, Moreno M, Olshen A, Taylor B, Ruggero D. The translational landscape of the mammalian cell cycle. Mol Cell. 2013;52:574-82 pubmed publisher..Our findings illuminate the prevalence and dynamic nature of translational regulation underlying the mammalian cell cycle. ..
- Germann S, Schramke V, Pedersen R, Gallina I, Eckert Boulet N, Oestergaard V, et al. TopBP1/Dpb11 binds DNA anaphase bridges to prevent genome instability. J Cell Biol. 2014;204:45-59 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we propose that TopBP1/Dpb11 prevents accumulation of anaphase bridges via stimulation of the Mec1/ATR kinase and suppression of homologous recombination...
- Sun J, Evrin C, Samel S, Fernández Cid A, Riera A, Kawakami H, et al. Cryo-EM structure of a helicase loading intermediate containing ORC-Cdc6-Cdt1-MCM2-7 bound to DNA. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2013;20:944-51 pubmed publisher..The resulting ORC-Cdc6 helicase loader shows a notable structural similarity to the replication factor C clamp loader, suggesting a conserved mechanism of action. ..
- Murayama Y, Uhlmann F. Biochemical reconstitution of topological DNA binding by the cohesin ring. Nature. 2014;505:367-71 pubmed publisher..The in vitro reconstitution of cohesin loading onto DNA provides mechanistic insight into the initial steps of the establishment of sister chromatid cohesion and other chromosomal processes mediated by cohesin. ..
- Pashkova N, Gakhar L, Winistorfer S, Sunshine A, Rich M, Dunham M, et al. The yeast Alix homolog Bro1 functions as a ubiquitin receptor for protein sorting into multivesicular endosomes. Dev Cell. 2013;25:520-33 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Bro1 and other Bro1 family members function in parallel with ESCRT-0 to recognize and sort Ub-cargoes...
- Meisner J, Montero Llopis P, Sham L, Garner E, Bernhardt T, Rudner D. FtsEX is required for CwlO peptidoglycan hydrolase activity during cell wall elongation in Bacillus subtilis. Mol Microbiol. 2013;89:1069-83 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data support a model in which the FtsEX complex is a remarkably flexible regulatory module capable of controlling a diverse set of PG hydrolases during growth and division in different organisms. ..
- Adam S, Polo S, Almouzni G. Transcription recovery after DNA damage requires chromatin priming by the H3.3 histone chaperone HIRA. Cell. 2013;155:94-106 pubmed publisher..We propose that HIRA-dependent histone deposition serves as a chromatin bookmarking system to facilitate transcription recovery after genotoxic stress. ..
- Van Linden A, Baturin D, Ford J, Fosmire S, Gardner L, Korch C, et al. Inhibition of Wee1 sensitizes cancer cells to antimetabolite chemotherapeutics in vitro and in vivo, independent of p53 functionality. Mol Cancer Ther. 2013;12:2675-84 pubmed publisher..These data provide preclinical justification for testing MK1775 and cytarabine in patients with leukemia. ..
- Chu Y, Wu X, Xu Y, Her C. MutS homologue hMSH4: interaction with eIF3f and a role in NHEJ-mediated DSB repair. Mol Cancer. 2013;12:51 pubmed publisher..Our current study has revealed a role for hMSH4 in the maintenance of genomic stability by suppressing NHEJ-mediated DSB repair. ..
- Gong B, Hu H, Chen J, Cao S, Yu J, Xue J, et al. Caprin-1 is a novel microRNA-223 target for regulating the proliferation and invasion of human breast cancer cells. Biomed Pharmacother. 2013;67:629-36 pubmed publisher..Our study also indicates that expression levels of miR-223 and Caprin-1 can be used to predict the state of cancer in breast cancer patient. ..
- Sette P, Nagashima K, Piper R, Bouamr F. Ubiquitin conjugation to Gag is essential for ESCRT-mediated HIV-1 budding. Retrovirology. 2013;10:79 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate a necessary and natural role for ubiquitin in ESCRT-dependent viral release and indicate a critical role for ubiquitination of Gag rather than ubiquitination of ESCRTs themselves. ..
- Xu J, Shen C, Wang T, Quan J. Structural basis for the inhibition of Polo-like kinase 1. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2013;20:1047-53 pubmed publisher..This structure provides a framework for understanding the autoinhibitory mechanisms of PLK1 and also sheds light on the activation mechanisms of PLK1 by phosphorylation or phosphopeptide binding...
- Heym R, Zimmermann D, Edelmann F, Israel L, kten Z, Kovar D, et al. In vitro reconstitution of an mRNA-transport complex reveals mechanisms of assembly and motor activation. J Cell Biol. 2013;203:971-84 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, we provide an estimate of number, size, and composition of such multimeric SHE particles in the cell...
- Wang S, Low T, Nishimura Y, Golé L, Yu W, Motegi F. Cortical forces and CDC-42 control clustering of PAR proteins for Caenorhabditis elegans embryonic polarization. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:988-995 pubmed publisher..The principles described here would apply to other pattern formation processes that rely on local modification of cortical actomyosin and PAR proteins. ..
- Maes A, Menu E, Veirman K, Maes K, Vand Erkerken K, De Bruyne E. The therapeutic potential of cell cycle targeting in multiple myeloma. Oncotarget. 2017;8:90501-90520 pubmed publisher..cycle progression through the interphase and mitosis is regulated by coordinated activation of important cell cycle proteins (including cyclin-dependent kinases and mitotic kinases) and several checkpoint pathways...
- Sun J, Shi R, Zhao S, Li X, Lu S, Bu H, et al. Cell division cycle 45 promotes papillary thyroid cancer progression via regulating cell cycle. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317705342 pubmed publisher..The oncogenic activity of cell division cycle 45 was also confirmed in vivo. In conclusion, cell division cycle 45 may serve as a novel biomarker and a potential therapeutic target for papillary thyroid cancer. ..
- Kim S, Mun G, Choi E, Kim M, Jeong J, Kang K, et al. Submicromolar bisphenol A induces proliferation and DNA damage in human hepatocyte cell lines in vitro and in juvenile rats in vivo. Food Chem Toxicol. 2018;111:125-132 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results demonstrate that submicromolar BPA concentrations induce the DNA damage and promote the cell proliferation in the liver, which may support its role as a risk factor for hepatocarcinogenicity. ..
- Hanssen L, Kassouf M, Oudelaar A, Biggs D, Preece C, Downes D, et al. Tissue-specific CTCF-cohesin-mediated chromatin architecture delimits enhancer interactions and function in vivo. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:952-961 pubmed publisher..Rather than acting solely as a barrier to chromatin modification, CTCF-cohesin boundaries in this sub-TAD delimit the region of chromatin to which enhancers have access and within which they interact with receptive promoters. ..
- Higgins J, Prendergast L. Mitotic Mysteries: The Case of HP1. Dev Cell. 2016;36:477-8 pubmed publisher..2015) and Abe et al. (2016), suggest that the means of HP1 localization and its function at inner centromeres are altered in cancer cells with chromosomal instability. ..
- Gardner N, Gillespie P, Carrington J, Shanks E, McElroy S, Haagensen E, et al. The High-Affinity Interaction between ORC and DNA that Is Required for Replication Licensing Is Inhibited by 2-Arylquinolin-4-Amines. Cell Chem Biol. 2017;24:981-992.e4 pubmed publisher..We show that RL5a prevents ORC forming a tight complex with DNA that is required for MCM2-7 loading. Formation of this ORC-DNA complex requires ATP, and we show that RL5a inhibits ORC allosterically to mimic a lack of ATP. ..
- Spoerri L, Brooks K, Chia K, Grossman G, Ellis J, Dahmer Heath M, et al. A novel ATM-dependent checkpoint defect distinct from loss of function mutation promotes genomic instability in melanoma. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2016;29:329-39 pubmed publisher..This work also suggests that the ATM-dependent checkpoint arrest is likely to be defective in a higher proportion of cancers than previously expected. ..
- Nguyen D, Jiang P, Stensballe A, Bendixen E, Sangild P, Chatterton D. Bovine lactoferrin regulates cell survival, apoptosis and inflammation in intestinal epithelial cells and preterm pig intestine. J Proteomics. 2016;139:95-102 pubmed publisher..Results from this study urge neonatologists to carefully consider the dose of bLF to supplement into infant formula used for preterm neonates. ..
- Figueroa R, Carrasco Avino G, Wichmann I, Lange M, Owen G, Siekmann A, et al. Reprimo tissue-specific expression pattern is conserved between zebrafish and human. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178274 pubmed publisher..We propose the zebrafish as a powerful tool to elucidate the both physiological and pathological roles of the RPRM gene family. ..
- Alfaro Aco R, Thawani A, Petry S. Structural analysis of the role of TPX2 in branching microtubule nucleation. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:983-997 pubmed publisher..Separation-of-function mutations leave the binding of TPX2 to ?-TuRC intact, whereas branching MT nucleation is abolished, suggesting that TPX2 may activate ?-TuRC to promote branching MT nucleation. ..
- Brown R, Kaganovich D. Look Out Autophagy, Ubiquilin UPS Its Game. Cell. 2016;166:797-799 pubmed publisher..Hjerpe et. al now report that Ubiquilin-2 enables the ubiquitin proteasome system (UPS) to single-handedly clear aggregated proteins, a cellular function previously thought to rely at least partially on autophagy. ..
- Zilberman Y, Abrams J, Anderson D, Nance J. Cdc42 regulates junctional actin but not cell polarization in the Caenorhabditis elegans epidermis. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:3729-3744 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify a previously unrecognized molecular mechanism for inhibiting junctional CDC-42 to control actin organization and AJ protein levels during epithelial morphogenesis. ..
- Natalino R, Antoneli C, Ribeiro K, Campos A, Soares F. Immunohistochemistry of apoptosis-related proteins in retinoblastoma. Pathol Res Pract. 2016;212:1144-1150 pubmed publisher..In the absence of pRb, the E2F transcription factors increase the levels of cell cycle proteins as well as some pro-apoptotic proteins...
- Liu K, Shih T, Kuo C, Ma Y, Yang J, Wu P, et al. Sulforaphane Induces Cell Death Through G2/M Phase Arrest and Triggers Apoptosis in HCT 116 Human Colon Cancer Cells. Am J Chin Med. 2016;44:1289-1310 pubmed..SFN induced ER stress-associated protein expression. Based on those observations, we suggest that SFN may be used as a novel anticancer agent for the treatment of human colon cancer in the future...
- Lopes M, de Oliveira D, Sarmento D, Queiroz L, Miguel M, da Silveira Ã. Correlation between cell cycle proteins and hMSH2 in actinic cheilitis and lip cancer. Arch Dermatol Res. 2016;308:165-71 pubmed publisher..30, pÂ =Â 0.006). Alterations in p53 and p21 expression suggest that these proteins are involved in lower lip carcinogenesis. Moreover, p53 and hMSH2 seem to be interrelated in early events of this process. ..
- Keuss M, Thomas Y, Mcarthur R, Wood N, Knebel A, Kurz T. Characterization of the mammalian family of DCN-type NEDD8 E3 ligases. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:1441-54 pubmed publisher..Thus, the specificity between DCNL-type NEDD8 E3 enzymes and their cullin substrates is only apparent in well-defined physiological contexts and related to their subcellular distribution and restricted expression. ..
- Chan K, Alonso NuÃ±ez M, Grallert A, Tanaka K, Connolly Y, Smith D, et al. Dialogue between centrosomal entrance and exit scaffold pathways regulates mitotic commitment. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:2795-2812 pubmed publisher..Such integration of signals emanating from neighboring scaffolds shows how centrosomes/SPBs can integrate inputs from multiple pathways to control cell fate. ..
- Albrengues J, Wysocki R, Maiorino L, Egeblad M. Re-cyclin' Cell-Cycle Components to Make NETs. Dev Cell. 2017;43:379-380 pubmed publisher..In this issue of Developmental Cell, Amulic et al. (2017) show that the terminally differentiated, non-cycling neutrophils repurpose cell-cycle proteins and pathways to form NETs. ..
- Pagel R, Bär F, Schröder T, Sünderhauf A, Künstner A, Ibrahim S, et al. Circadian rhythm disruption impairs tissue homeostasis and exacerbates chronic inflammation in the intestine. FASEB J. 2017;31:4707-4719 pubmed publisher..König, P., Tsang, A. H., Bettenworth, D., Divanovic, S., Lehnert, H., Fellermann, K., Oster, H., Derer, S., Sina, C. Circadian rhythm disruption impairs tissue homeostasis and exacerbates chronic inflammation in the intestine. ..
- Oluwole O, Revay T, Mahboubi K, Favetta L, King W. Somatic Mosaicism in Bulls Estimated from Genome-Wide CNV Array and TSPY Gene Copy Numbers. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2016;149:176-181 pubmed..Our study shows significant autosomal and Y-chromosomal de novo somatic CNV in bulls. ..
- Su Z, Wang K, Li R, Yin J, Hao Y, Lv X, et al. Overexpression of RBM5 induces autophagy in human lung adenocarcinoma cells. World J Surg Oncol. 2016;14:57 pubmed publisher..RBM5-enhanced autophagy acts in a cytoprotective way and inhibition of autophagy may improve the anti-tumor efficacy of RBM5 in lung cancer. ..
- Chiang I, Chen W, Tseng C, Chen Y, Kuo Y, Chen B, et al. Hyperforin Inhibits Cell Growth by Inducing Intrinsic and Extrinsic Apoptotic Pathways in Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cells. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:161-167 pubmed..Taken together, our findings indicate that hyperforin triggers inhibition of tumor cell growth by inducing intrinsic and extrinsic apoptotic pathways in HCC SK-Hep1 cells. ..
- Zhao J, Wang Y, Mu C, Xu Y, Sang J. MAGEA1 interacts with FBXW7 and regulates ubiquitin ligase-mediated turnover of NICD1 in breast and ovarian cancer cells. Oncogene. 2017;36:5023-5034 pubmed publisher..These newly discovered MAGEA1-NICD1 and MAGEA1-FBXW7 interactions have potential clinical implications in breast and ovarian cancer treatment. ..
- Shirakawa J, Fernandez M, Takatani T, El Ouaamari A, Jungtrakoon P, Okawa E, et al. Insulin Signaling Regulates the FoxM1/PLK1/CENP-A Pathway to Promote Adaptive Pancreatic Î²Â Cell Proliferation. Cell Metab. 2017;25:868-882.e5 pubmed publisher..These data implicate the insulin-FoxM1/PLK1/CENP-A pathway-regulated mitotic cell-cycle progression as an essential component in the Î² cell adaptation to delay and/or prevent progression to diabetes. ..
- Yeh C, Bellon M, Pancewicz Wojtkiewicz J, Nicot C. Oncogenic mutations in the FBXW7 gene of adult T-cell leukemia patients. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:6731-6 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that FBXW7, normally a tumor suppressor, can act as an oncogene when mutated and may play an important role in the pathogenesis of ATL. ..
- Tamai H, Yamaguchi H, Miyake K, Takatori M, Kitano T, Yamanaka S, et al. Amlexanox Downregulates S100A6 to Sensitize KMT2A/AFF1-Positive Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia to TNFÎ± Treatment. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4426-4433 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(16); 4426-33. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Nieuwenhuis J, Adamopoulos A, Bleijerveld O, Mazouzi A, Stickel E, Celie P, et al. Vasohibins encode tubulin detyrosinating activity. Science. 2017;358:1453-1456 pubmed publisher..Thus, vasohibins, hitherto studied as secreted angiogenesis regulators, constitute a long-sought missing link in the tubulin tyrosination cycle. ..
- Mir H, Kapur N, Singh R, Sonpavde G, Lillard J, Singh S. Andrographolide inhibits prostate cancer by targeting cell cycle regulators, CXCR3 and CXCR7 chemokine receptors. Cell Cycle. 2016;15:819-26 pubmed publisher..The significant impact of AG on cellular and molecular processes involved in PCa progression suggests its potential use as a therapeutic and/or preventive agent for PCa. ..
- Heide S, Keren B, Billette De Villemeur T, Chantot Bastaraud S, Depienne C, Nava C, et al. Copy Number Variations Found in Patients with a Corpus Callosum Abnormality and Intellectual Disability. J Pediatr. 2017;185:160-166.e1 pubmed publisher..Our results confirm the relevance of using microarray analysis as first line test in patients with corpus callosum abnormality/intellectual disability. ..
- Liu T, Chi H, Chen J, Chen C, Huang Y, Xi H, et al. Curcumin suppresses proliferation and in vitro invasion of human prostate cancer stem cells by ceRNA effect of miR-145 and lncRNA-ROR. Gene. 2017;631:29-38 pubmed publisher..The expression levels of cell cycle proteins (Ccnd1 and Cdk4) and stem cell markers (Oct4, CD44, and CD133) were decreased in curcumin-treated HuPCaSCs...
- Wu M, Lin C, Tseng H, Hsu F, Chen P, Kao C. H2B ubiquitylation and the histone chaperone Asf1 cooperatively mediate the formation and maintenance of heterochromatin silencing. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:8225-8238 pubmed publisher..Thus, the interplay between H2Hbub and Asf1 may fine-tune nucleosome dynamics and SIR protein recruitment, and represent an ongoing requirement for proper formation and maintenance of heterochromatin. ..
- Mariggiò G, Koch S, Zhang G, Weidner Glunde M, Rückert J, Kati S, et al. Kaposi Sarcoma Herpesvirus (KSHV) Latency-Associated Nuclear Antigen (LANA) recruits components of the MRN (Mre11-Rad50-NBS1) repair complex to modulate an innate immune signaling pathway and viral latency. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006335 pubmed publisher
- Kratassiouk G, Pritchard L, Cuvellier S, Vislovukh A, Meng Q, Groisman R, et al. The WEE1 regulators CPEB1 and miR-15b switch from inhibitor to activators at G2/M. Cell Cycle. 2016;15:667-77 pubmed publisher..Our data show that translational regulation by RISC and CPEB1 is essential in cell cycle control and, most importantly, is coordinated, and can be switched from inhibition to activation during the cell cycle. ..
- Lin X, Chen Z, Gao P, Gao Z, Chen H, Qi J, et al. TEX15: A DNA repair gene associated with prostate cancer risk in Han Chinese. Prostate. 2017;77:1271-1278 pubmed publisher..This finding complements known common prostate cancer risk-associated variants and suggests the possible role of DNA repair genes in prostate cancer development. ..
- Kanie T, Abbott K, Mooney N, Plowey E, Demeter J, JACKSON P. The CEP19-RABL2 GTPase Complex Binds IFT-B to Initiate Intraflagellar Transport at the Ciliary Base. Dev Cell. 2017;42:22-36.e12 pubmed publisher..Activated RABL2B then captures and releases its single effector, the intraflagellar transport B holocomplex, from the large pool of pre-docked IFT-B complexes, and thus initiates ciliary entry of IFT. ..
- Zheng H, Wang Y, Tang C, Jones L, Ye H, Zhang G, et al. TP53, PIK3CA, FBXW7 and KRAS Mutations in Esophageal Cancer Identified by Targeted Sequencing. Cancer Genomics Proteomics. 2016;13:231-8 pubmed..These results demonstrate that targeted sequencing can reliably identify mutations in individual tumors that make this technology a possibility for clinical use. ..
- Li J, Liu Y, Zhu H, Zhang K. Phylogenic analysis of adhesion related genes Mad1 revealed a positive selection for the evolution of trapping devices of nematode-trapping fungi. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22609 pubmed publisher..Our study provides new insights into the evolution of trapping devices of nematode-trapping fungi and also contributes to understanding the importance of adhesions during the evolution of nematode-trapping fungi. ..
- Von Stetina J, Frawley L, Unhavaithaya Y, Orr Weaver T. Variant cell cycles regulated by Notch signaling control cell size and ensure a functional blood-brain barrier. Development. 2018;145: pubmed publisher..Decreased Notch signaling promotes endomitosis even in the ventral nerve cord SPG that normally are mononucleate, but not in the endocycling salivary gland cells, revealing tissue-specific cell cycle responses. ..