Genomes and Genes
Summary: Carrier proteins for OXYTOCIN and VASOPRESSIN. They are polypeptides of about 10-kDa, synthesized in the HYPOTHALAMUS. Neurophysin I is associated with oxytocin and neurophysin II is associated with vasopressin in their respective precursors and during transportation down the axons to the neurohypophysis (PITUITARY GLAND, POSTERIOR).
Publications108 found, 100 shown here
- Kanemitsu N, Kawauchi A, Nishida M, Tanaka Y, Mizutani Y, Shirahama S, et al. Familial central diabetes insipidus detected by nocturnal enuresis. Pediatr Nephrol. 2002;17:1063-5 pubmed..In conclusion, a history of polyuria or polydipsia should be carefully noted and the urinary volume and urine gravity or osmolarity examined in cases of nocturnal enuresis. ..
- De Bree F, Van Der Kleij A, Nijenhuis M, Zalm R, Murphy D, Burbach J. The Hormone Domain of the Vasopressin Prohormone is Required for the Correct Prohormone Trafficking Through the Secretory Pathway. J Neuroendocrinol. 2003;15:1156-63 pubmed
- Abbes A, Engel H, Franken A. Gene symbol: AVP. Disease: Diabetes insipidus, neurohypophyseal. Accession #Hm0559. Hum Genet. 2006;118:783 pubmed
- Unger J, Glasgow E. Expression of isotocin-neurophysin mRNA in developing zebrafish. Gene Expr Patterns. 2003;3:105-8 pubmed..The IT-NP mRNA expression pattern remains remarkably stable throughout further development at least until 120 hpf. ..
- Fink J, McLeod B, Assinder S, Parry L, Nicholson H. Seasonal changes in mesotocin and localization of its receptor in the prostate of the brushtail possum (Trichosurus vulpecula). Biol Reprod. 2005;72:470-8 pubmed
- O Brien E, Gomes D, Sehgal S, Nathanson M. Hormonal regulation of nuclear permeability. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:4210-7 pubmed..Short term regulation of nuclear permeability may provide a novel mechanism by which such hormones permit transcription factors and other regulatory molecules to enter the nucleus, thereby regulating gene transcription in target cells. ..
- Chong A, Chew S, Lai P, Ebstein R, Gouin J. The role of the Oxytocin-Neurophysin I gene in contributing to human personality traits promoting sociality. Int J Psychophysiol. 2018;: pubmed publisher..These results indicate that variants of the OXT-Neurophysin-I gene resonate with phenotypes that foster positive social interactions, which may in turn facilitate the social regulation of stress responses. ..
- Binder E, Salyakina D, Lichtner P, Wochnik G, Ising M, Pütz B, et al. Polymorphisms in FKBP5 are associated with increased recurrence of depressive episodes and rapid response to antidepressant treatment. Nat Genet. 2004;36:1319-25 pubmed..These findings support a central role of genes regulating the HPA axis in the causality of depression and the mechanism of action of antidepressant drugs. ..
- Christensen J, Rittig S. Familial neurohypophyseal diabetes insipidus--an update. Semin Nephrol. 2006;26:209-23 pubmed
- Capriotti E, Vonderheid E, Thoburn C, Wasik M, Bahler D, Hess A. Expression of T-plastin, FoxP3 and other tumor-associated markers by leukemic T-cells of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma. Leuk Lymphoma. 2008;49:1190-201 pubmed publisher..Although the underlying mechanisms accounting for this correlation remain unclear, the expression of the Foxp3 and CTLA-4 regulatory elements indicates that a subset of leukemic cases displays a regulatory T-cell phenotype. ..
- Takuwa Kuroda K, Iwakoshi Ukena E, Kanda A, Minakata H. Octopus, which owns the most advanced brain in invertebrates, has two members of vasopressin/oxytocin superfamily as in vertebrates. Regul Pept. 2003;115:139-49 pubmed..These results suggest that octopressin may be a multifunctional neuropeptide contributing to reproduction, cardiac circulation, and feeding. Cephalotocin may play important roles in metabolism, homeostasis, etc., as a neurohormone. ..
- Christensen J, Siggaard C, Corydon T, Robertson G, Gregersen N, Bolund L, et al. Impaired trafficking of mutated AVP prohormone in cells expressing rare disease genes causing autosomal dominant familial neurohypophyseal diabetes insipidus. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2004;60:125-36 pubmed..Perinuclear accumulation of the V67A prohormone outside the ER indicates that additional mechanisms could be involved. ..
- Assinder S, Carey M, Parkinson T, Nicholson H. Oxytocin and vasopressin expression in the ovine testis and epididymis: changes with the onset of spermatogenesis. Biol Reprod. 2000;63:448-56 pubmed..These results confirm the presence and development of paracrine oxytocinergic systems in the ram testis and epididymis of ram during puberty while questioning the physiological importance of vasopressin. ..
- Elias P, Elias L, Torres N, Moreira A, Antunes Rodrigues J, Castro M. Progressive decline of vasopressin secretion in familial autosomal dominant neurohypophyseal diabetes insipidus presenting a novel mutation in the vasopressin-neurophysin II gene. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2003;59:511-8 pubmed..The accumulation of A68P mutated precursor might have a cytotoxicity effect, leading to a gradual death of magnocellular neurones, and a progressive decline in AVP secretion. ..
- Teruyama R, Sakuraba M, Wilson L, Wandrey N, Armstrong W. Epithelial Na? sodium channels in magnocellular cells of the rat supraoptic and paraventricular nuclei. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2012;302:E273-85 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest the presence of functional ENaCs that may affect the firing patterns of MNCs, which ultimately control the secretion of VP and OT. ..
- Ho T, Godefroid N, Gruzon D, Haymann J, Maréchal C, Wang X, et al. Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease is associated with central and nephrogenic defects in osmoregulation. Kidney Int. 2012;82:1121-9 pubmed publisher..This reflects expression of polycystins in hypothalamic nuclei that synthesize vasopressin, and this should be considered when evaluating treatments targeting the vasopressin pathway in ADPKD. ..
- Yuasa H, Ito M, Nagasaki H, Oiso Y, Miyamoto S, Sasaki N, et al. Glu-47, which forms a salt bridge between neurophysin-II and arginine vasopressin, is deleted in patients with familial central diabetes insipidus. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1993;77:600-4 pubmed..We suggest that AVP would undergo accelerated proteolytic degradation, and this mechanism would be involved in the pathogenesis of DI in this pedigree. ..
- Christensen J, Siggaard C, Corydon T, Robertson G, Gregersen N, Bolund L, et al. Differential cellular handling of defective arginine vasopressin (AVP) prohormones in cells expressing mutations of the AVP gene associated with autosomal dominant and recessive familial neurohypophyseal diabetes insipidus. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004;89:4521-31 pubmed
- Repaske D, Medlej R, Gultekin E, Krishnamani M, Halaby G, Findling J, et al. Heterogeneity in clinical manifestation of autosomal dominant neurohypophyseal diabetes insipidus caused by a mutation encoding Ala-1-->Val in the signal peptide of the arginine vasopressin/neurophysin II/copeptin precursor. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1997;82:51-6 pubmed
- Al Matubsi H, Frazer S, Fairclough R, Jenkin G. Effects of progesterone on expression of messenger RNA encoding oxytocin-neurophysin, oxytocin receptor and prostaglandin G/H synthase-1 and -2 during the early oestrous cycle in the ovine corpus luteum. Reprod Fertil Dev. 1999;11:435-42 pubmed..It is proposed, on the basis of these results, that progesterone may play a role in premature corpus luteum regression through an intra-ovarian mechanism involving the induction of ovarian oxytocin receptor mRNA expression. ..
- Butovsky E, Juknat A, Elbaz J, Shabat Simon M, Eilam R, Zangen A, et al. Chronic exposure to Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol downregulates oxytocin and oxytocin-associated neurophysin in specific brain areas. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2006;31:795-804 pubmed..As OT is known to inhibit development of drug tolerance and attenuate withdrawal symptoms, we suggest that OT downregulation could play a role during the establishment of the chronic effects of Delta9-THC. ..
- O Keane V, Frodl T, Dinan T. A review of Atypical depression in relation to the course of depression and changes in HPA axis organization. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2012;37:1589-99 pubmed publisher..The heuristic merit in making a distinction between the different clinical states of depression will be discussed. ..
- Dieguez S, Cánepa C, Amorena C. Effect of chronic inhibition of converting enzyme on renal handling of salt and water: a study on a pediatric population. Pharmacology. 2012;89:321-6 pubmed publisher..ADH increased after enalapril treatment in children under water restriction. In these children chronic ACEi decreases urinary concentration capacity. ..
- Schlesinger D, Pickering B, Watkins W, Peek J, Moore L, Audhya T, et al. A comparative study of partial neurophysin protein sequences of cod, guinea pig, rat and sheep. FEBS Lett. 1977;80:371-3 pubmed
- Adrio F, Rodriguez M, Rodriguez Moldes I. Distribution of galanin-like immunoreactivity in the brain of the Siberian sturgeon (Acipenser baeri). J Comp Neurol. 2005;487:54-74 pubmed..GAL-ir neurons were absent from the sturgeon brainstem, suggesting that their presence in other vertebrates could represent an evolutionary recent acquisition. ..
- Chauvet M, Hurpet D, Chauvet J, Acher R. Identification of human neurophysins: complete amino acid sequences of MSEL- and VLDV-neurophysins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1983;80:2839-43 pubmedTwo human neurophysins have been purified from acetone-desiccated posterior pituitaries by acidic extraction, molecular sieving, and ion-exchange chromatography...
- Luo Y, Wang B, Qiu Y, Zhang C, Jin C, Zhao Y, et al. Clinical and molecular analysis of a Chinese family with autosomal dominant neurohypophyseal diabetes insipidus associated with a novel missense mutation in the vasopressin-neurophysin II gene. Endocrine. 2012;42:208-13 pubmed publisher..The Cys65 is essential for NPII in the formation of a salt bridge with AVP. Presence of this mutation suggests that the portion of the neurophysin peptide encoded by this sequence is important for the normal expression of vasopressin. ..
- Acher R, Chauvet J, Rouille Y. Dynamic processing of neuropeptides: sequential conformation shaping of neurohypophysial preprohormones during intraneuronal secretory transport. J Mol Neurosci. 2002;18:223-8 pubmed..In addition there is a 50% decrease of the Lys-Arg-endoendopeptidase activity in the SG of the homozygote Brattleboro...
- Abbes A, Engel H, Klomp C, Bruggeman E. Gene symbol: AVP. Disease: Diabetes insipidus, neurohypophyseal. Accession #Hm0561. Hum Genet. 2006;118:784 pubmed
- Badiu C, Badiu L, Coculescu M, Vilhardt H, Møller M. Presence of oxytocinergic neuronal-like cells in the bovine pineal gland: an immunocytochemical and in situ hybridization study. J Pineal Res. 2001;31:273-80 pubmed..The significance of intrinsic oxytocin innervation of the bovine pineal gland, as well as the threefold increase of the oxytocin content in the pineal in September, remains to be elucidated. ..
- Zhang B, Yamashita M, Fields R, Kusano K, Gainer H. EGFP-tagged vasopressin precursor protein sorting into large dense core vesicles and secretion from PC12 cells. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2005;25:581-605 pubmed..vasopressin (VP) and oxytocin (OT), which are synthesized as protein precursors also containing proteins called neurophysins. These protein precursors are sorted through the regulated secretory pathway (RSP), packaged into large dense ..
- Bahnsen U, Oosting P, Swaab D, Nahke P, Richter D, Schmale H. A missense mutation in the vasopressin-neurophysin precursor gene cosegregates with human autosomal dominant neurohypophyseal diabetes insipidus. EMBO J. 1992;11:19-23 pubmed..These data suggest that a single amino acid exchange within a highly conserved domain of the human vasopressin-associated neurophysin is the primary cause of one form of ADNDI. ..
- King V, Chahad Ehlers S, Shen S, Harmar A, Maywood E, Hastings M. A hVIPR transgene as a novel tool for the analysis of circadian function in the mouse suprachiasmatic nucleus. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;17:822-32 pubmed..We conclude that the hVIPR transgene is a powerful and flexible tool for examination of circadian function in the mouse SCN. ..
- Terano T. [Neurophysin]. Nihon Rinsho. 2005;63 Suppl 8:239-43 pubmed
- Olias G, Richter D, Schmale H. Heterologous expression of human vasopressin-neurophysin precursors in a pituitary cell line: defective transport of a mutant protein from patients with familial diabetes insipidus. DNA Cell Biol. 1996;15:929-35 pubmed..These results suggest that the mutation within the conserved part of NP alters the conformation of the precursor and thus triggers its retention in the ER. ..
- Li X, Lee H, Wu J, Breslow E. Contributions of the interdomain loop, amino terminus, and subunit interface to the ligand-facilitated dimerization of neurophysin: crystal structures and mutation studies of bovine neurophysin-I. Protein Sci. 2007;16:52-68 pubmed..Comparison of bovine neurophysins I and II indicates broadly similar mechanisms for both, with the exception in neurophysin II of the absence of ..
- Acher R, Chauvet J. Structure, processing and evolution of the neurohypophysial hormone-neurophysin precursors. Biochimie. 1988;70:1197-207 pubmedNeurohypophysial hormones and neurophysins are derived from common precursors processed during the axonal transport from the hypothalamus to the neurohypophysis...
- Rutishauser J, Böni Schnetzler M, Boni J, Wichmann W, Huisman T, Vallotton M, et al. A novel point mutation in the translation initiation codon of the pre-pro-vasopressin-neurophysin II gene: cosegregation with morphological abnormalities and clinical symptoms in autosomal dominant neurohypophyseal diabetes insipidus. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1996;81:192-8 pubmed..The absence of the hyperintense posterior pituitary signal in affected individuals could reflect deficient posterior pituitary function. ..
- Chauvet M, Chauvet J, Acher R. Identification of rat neurophysins: complete amino acid sequences of MSEL- and VLDV-neurophysins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1981;103:595-603 pubmed
- Repaske D, Browning J. A de novo mutation in the coding sequence for neurophysin-II (Pro24-->Leu) is associated with onset and transmission of autosomal dominant neurohypophyseal diabetes insipidus. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1994;79:421-7 pubmed..Two possibilities to explain the mechanism by which clinical deficiency of arginine vasopressin develops even in the presence of one normal arginine vasopressin-neurophysin-II allele are discussed. ..
- Bullmann C, Kotzka J, Grimm T, Heppner C, Jockenhovel F, Krone W, et al. Identification of a novel mutation in the arginine vasopressin-neurophysin II gene in familial central diabetes insipidus. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2002;110:134-7 pubmed..We therefore have identified a missense mutation of the AVP-NPII gene and a novel mutation predicting a truncated protein. ..
- Suzuki T, Ino K, Kikkawa F, Shibata K, Kajiyama H, Morita T, et al. Cushing's syndrome due to ovarian serous adenocarcinoma secreting multiple endocrine substances: a case report and immunohistochemical analysis. Gynecol Oncol. 2003;90:662-6 pubmed..This is a very rare case of successful treatment of Cushing's syndrome arising from an ovarian adenocarcinoma secreting multiple endocrine substances. ..
- Abbes A, Davies J, Penney M, Engel H, Gregory J. Gene symbol: AVP. Disease: Diabetes insipidus, neurohypophyseal. Accession #Hm0560. Hum Genet. 2006;118:783 pubmed
- Semmens D, Dane R, Pancholi M, Slade S, Scrivens J, Elphick M. Discovery of a novel neurophysin-associated neuropeptide that triggers cardiac stomach contraction and retraction in starfish. J Exp Biol. 2013;216:4047-53 pubmed publisher..g. mussels) or protected marine fauna (e.g. coral). ..
- Chen L, Rose J, Breslow E, Yang D, Chang W, Furey W, et al. Crystal structure of a bovine neurophysin II dipeptide complex at 2.8 A determined from the single-wavelength anomalous scattering signal of an incorporated iodine atom. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:4240-4 pubmed..Dimer-dimer contacts involve the Tyr49 region adjacent to this site. A fifth dipeptide, of unknown biological significance, helps to stabilize one of the monomer-monomer interfaces and the tetramer-tetramer network in the crystal. ..
- Burman S, Breslow E, Chait B, Chaudhary T. Partial assignment of disulfide pairs in neurophysins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1987;148:827-33 pubmed..In the present study, re-investigation of the results of proteolytic fragmentation of bovine neurophysins indicates that the majority of the original assignments were incorrect...
- McLeod J, Kovacs L, Gaskill M, Rittig S, Bradley G, Robertson G. Familial neurohypophyseal diabetes insipidus associated with a signal peptide mutation. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1993;77:599A-599G pubmed..We hypothesize that a mutation in exon 1 of the AVP-neurophysin-II gene causes FNDI in this kindred by making an abnormally processed precursor that gradually destroys vasopressinergic neurons. ..
- Wang J, Breslow E, Sykes B. Differential binding of desmopressin and vasopressin to neurophysin-II. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:31354-9 pubmed..Such a type II beta-turn is not found in deamino-vasopressin in the presence of neurophysin-II. ..
- Tamma G, Wiesner B, Furkert J, Hahm D, Oksche A, Schaefer M, et al. The prostaglandin E2 analogue sulprostone antagonizes vasopressin-induced antidiuresis through activation of Rho. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:3285-94 pubmed..The data suggest that the signaling pathway underlying the diuretic effects of PGE2 and probably those of other diuretic agents include cAMP- and Ca2+-independent Rho activation and F-actin formation. ..
- Krsulovic J, Peruzzo B, Alvial G, Yulis C, Rodriguez E. The destination of the aged, nonreleasable neurohypophyseal peptides stored in the neural lobe is associated to the remodeling of the neurosecretory axon. Microsc Res Tech. 2005;68:347-59 pubmed..and light- and electron-microscopic immunocytochemistry using antibodies against vasopressin, oxytocin, and neurophysins used at low (1:1,000) and high (1:15,000) dilutions allowed to distinguish (1) recently packed immature ..
- Młynarczuk J, Wrobel M, Kotwica J. Adverse influence of coumestrol on secretory function of bovine luteal cells in the first trimester of pregnancy. Environ Toxicol. 2013;28:411-8 pubmed publisher..Obtained results suggest that coumestrol impairs secretory function of the corpus luteum (CL) and this way it can affect the maintenance of pregnancy in the cow. ..
- Summar M, Phillips J, Battey J, Castiglione C, Kidd K, Maness K, et al. Linkage relationships of human arginine vasopressin-neurophysin-II and oxytocin-neurophysin-I to prodynorphin and other loci on chromosome 20. Mol Endocrinol. 1990;4:947-50 pubmed
- Skordis N, Patsalis P, Hettinger J, Kontou M, Herakleous E, Krishnamani M, et al. A novel arginine vasopressin-neurophysin II mutation causes autosomal dominant neurohypophyseal diabetes insipidus and morphologic pituitary changes. Horm Res. 2000;53:239-45 pubmed
- Hansenne I, Rasier G, Pequeux C, Brilot F, Renard C, Breton C, et al. Ontogenesis and functional aspects of oxytocin and vasopressin gene expression in the thymus network. J Neuroimmunol. 2005;158:67-75 pubmed..In fetal thymic organ cultures, OTR antagonist d[D-Tyr(Et)2, Thr4]OVT increased early apoptosis of CD8 cells, while V1bR antagonist (Sanofi SSR149415) inhibited T-cell differentiation, and favored CD8 T-cell commitment. ..
- Tsutsumi Y, Kawamura T, Shiratori S, Mashiko S, Ibata M, Mori A, et al. Syndrome of inappropriate secretion of ADH after administration of intrathecal chemotherapy in acute promyelocytic leukemia with empty sella of pituitary gland. Ann Hematol. 2007;86:149-50 pubmed
- Peralta Leal V, Duran Gonzalez J, Leal Ugarte E. [Mutations in the arginine vasopressin neurophysin-II gene in familial neurohypophyseal diabetes insipidus patients]. Rev Invest Clin. 2008;60:255-62 pubmed
- Elphick M. NG peptides: a novel family of neurophysin-associated neuropeptides. Gene. 2010;458:20-6 pubmed publisherb>Neurophysins are prohormone-derived polypeptides that are required for biosynthesis of the neurohypophyseal hormones vasopressin and oxytocin...
- Wuu T, Crumm S. Amino acid sequence of bovine neurophysin-II: a reinvestigation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1976;68:634-9 pubmed
- Abramian S. [Localization of proline-rich peptide (galarmin) in brain structures of rats (immunohistochemical study)]. Morfologiia. 2003;124:38-40 pubmed..Based on these results and the data on the motoneurons regeneration in the spinal cord hemisectioned rats given galarmin daily for 3 weeks, galarmin has been suggested to act as an immunomodulator, neurotransmitter and neuroregulator. ..
- Hedrich C, Zachurzok Buczynska A, Gawlik A, Russ S, Hahn G, Koehler K, et al. Autosomal dominant neurohypophyseal diabetes insipidus in two families. Molecular analysis of the vasopressin-neurophysin II gene and functional studies of three missense mutations. Horm Res. 2009;71:111-9 pubmed publisher..A159T and WT cells were found. We conclude that the p.G96D and p.C98G mutations cause adFNDI in the two reported families. The sequence variant p.A159T does not seem to have disease-causing effects. ..
- Takahashi K, Makita N, Manaka K, Hisano M, Akioka Y, Miura K, et al. V2 vasopressin receptor (V2R) mutations in partial nephrogenic diabetes insipidus highlight protean agonism of V2R antagonists. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:2099-106 pubmed publisher..We speculate that this protean agonism could underlie the possible dual beneficial effects of the V2R antagonist: improvement of hyponatremia with heart failure or polycystic kidney disease and potential rescue of NDI. ..
- Molina P, Sulzer J, Whitaker A. Alcohol abuse and the injured host: dysregulation of counterregulatory mechanisms review. Shock. 2013;39:240-9 pubmed publisher..Moreover, it discusses the neuroendocrine mechanisms underlying alcohol-induced hemodynamic dysregulation and its relevance to host defense restoration of homeostasis after injury. ..
- Hennighausen L, Sippel A. Mouse whey acidic protein is a novel member of the family of 'four-disulfide core' proteins. Nucleic Acids Res. 1982;10:2677-84 pubmed..The positions of the half cysteines suggest that mouse whey acidic protein (WAP) is a two domain protein, very similar in structure to the plant lectin wheat germ agglutinin and the hypothalamic carrier protein neurophysin. ..
- Jansen H, Lubbers L, Macchia E, DeGroot L, Lehman M. Thyroid hormone receptor (alpha) distribution in hamster and sheep brain: colocalization in gonadotropin-releasing hormone and other identified neurons. Endocrinology. 1997;138:5039-47 pubmed..It remains to be determined whether the GnRH gene itself or the gene of another constituent within the same GnRH neuron is responsive to thyroid hormones. ..
- Faerch M, Christensen J, Corydon T, Kamperis K, de Zegher F, Gregersen N, et al. Partial nephrogenic diabetes insipidus caused by a novel mutation in the AVPR2 gene. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2008;68:395-403 pubmed..Because the resistance to AVP is partial, this form of CNDI can be difficult to distinguish by indirect diagnostic tests from partial pituitary and dipsogenic DI. ..
- Elphick M, Rowe M. NGFFFamide and echinotocin: structurally unrelated myoactive neuropeptides derived from neurophysin-containing precursors in sea urchins. J Exp Biol. 2009;212:1067-77 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the C-terminal region of the NGFFFamide precursor shares sequence similarity with neurophysins, carrier proteins hitherto uniquely associated with precursors of vasopressin/oxytocin-like neuropeptides...
- Mlynarczuk J, Wrobel M, Kotwica J. The adverse effect of phytoestrogens on the synthesis and secretion of ovarian oxytocin in cattle. Reprod Domest Anim. 2011;46:21-8 pubmed publisher..However, their influence on the ovarian steroids secretion was less evident. ..
- Esposito P, Piotti G, Bianzina S, Malul Y, Dal Canton A. The syndrome of inappropriate antidiuresis: pathophysiology, clinical management and new therapeutic options. Nephron Clin Pract. 2011;119:c62-73; discussion c73 pubmed publisher..This review is up to date and it analyses the newest notions about pathophysiological mechanisms, classification, management and therapy of SIAD, including vaptans. ..
- Repaske D, Phillips J, Kirby L, Tze W, D Ercole A, Battey J. Molecular analysis of autosomal dominant neurohypophyseal diabetes insipidus. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1990;70:752-7 pubmed..This indicates that the genetic locus for ADNDI maps within or near the AVP-NPII locus and suggests that a defective AVP-NPII allele may be the basis of ADNDI. ..
- Brailoiu G, Dun S, Yang J, Ohsawa M, Chang J, Dun N. Apelin-immunoreactivity in the rat hypothalamus and pituitary. Neurosci Lett. 2002;327:193-7 pubmed..The presence of irAP in certain hypothalamic nuclei and pituitary suggests that the peptide may be a signaling molecule released from the hypothalamic-hypophysial axis. ..
- Miyakoshi M, Kamoi K, Murase T, Sugimura Y, Oiso Y. Novel mutant vasopressin-neurophysin II gene associated with familial neurohypophyseal diabetes insipidus. Endocr J. 2004;51:551-6 pubmed..The abnormal AVP precursor may be related to the impaired AVP secretion. ..
- Davies J, Penney M, Abbes A, Engel H, Gregory J. Clinical features, diagnosis and molecular studies of familial central diabetes insipidus. Horm Res. 2005;64:231-7 pubmed..In symptomatic individuals, the hypertonic saline test may be a useful second-line investigation for functional studies of AVP secretion where molecular diagnostics are unavailable. ..
- Eaton J, Holmqvist B, Glasgow E. Ontogeny of vasotocin-expressing cells in zebrafish: selective requirement for the transcriptional regulators orthopedia and single-minded 1 in the preoptic area. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:995-1005 pubmed publisher..In contrast, otp and sim1 are not required for avt expression in the ventral hypothalamus. Thus, the development of these two avt expression domains is influenced by separate gene regulatory networks. ..
- Schlesinger D, Audhya T, Walter R. Complete amino acid sequence of bovine neurophysin-I. A major secretory product of the posterior pituitary. J Biol Chem. 1978;253:5019-24 pubmed..The results reported in this study support our earlier hypothesis that neurophysin-gene duplication preceded species divergence. ..
- Rao V, Loffler C, Battey J, Hansmann I. The human gene for oxytocin-neurophysin I (OXT) is physically mapped to chromosome 20p13 by in situ hybridization. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1992;61:271-3 pubmed..We have mapped regionally the OXT locus to chromosome 20p13 by both radioactive (ISH) and fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH). ..
- Smith T, Nikulasson S, De Girolami U, De Gennaro L. Immunohistochemistry of synapsin I and synaptophysin in human nervous system and neuroendocrine tumors. Applications in diagnostic neuro-oncology. Clin Neuropathol. 1993;12:335-42 pubmed
- Yoo K, Jeong C, Kang M, Kim S, Chung S, Shin M, et al. Bispectral index values during sevoflurane-nitrous oxide general anesthesia in women undergoing cesarean delivery: a comparison between women with and without prior labor. Anesth Analg. 2008;106:1827-32 pubmed publisher..Prior labor was associated with lower intraoperative BIS values during sevoflurane/N(2)O general anesthesia and reduced postoperative analgesic consumption in women undergoing cesarean delivery compared with women without prior labor. ..
- Baker S, Baker R, Liu W, Nowak N, Zhu L. Role of alcohol metabolism in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9570 pubmed publisher..Our data is the first human evidence that suggests alcohol may contribute to the development of NAFLD. ..
- Brachet C, Birk J, Christophe C, Tenoutasse S, Velkeniers B, Heinrichs C, et al. Growth retardation in untreated autosomal dominant familial neurohypophyseal diabetes insipidus caused by one recurring and two novel mutations in the vasopressin-neurophysin II gene. Eur J Endocrinol. 2011;164:179-87 pubmed publisher..Genetic testing and appropriate parent counseling should be enforced in adFNDI families to ensure adequate treatment and avoid chronic water deprivation, which causes failure to thrive. ..
- Deshpande A, Caldwell P. Medical management of nocturnal enuresis. Paediatr Drugs. 2012;14:71-7 pubmed publisher..This review discusses the current management of nocturnal enuresis using the terminologies recommended by the International Children's Continence Society. ..
- Birkegaard C, Christensen J, Falorni A, Marzotti S, Minarelli V, Gregersen N, et al. A novel variation in the AVP gene resulting in familial neurohypophyseal diabetes insipidus in a large Italian kindred. Pituitary. 2013;16:152-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, presymptomatic diagnosis can ease the parental concern of the carrier status of their offspring, and also avoid unnecessary surveillance of those being unaffected. ..
- Chauvet M, Chauvet J, Acher R. Foetal bovine MSEL-neurophysin: comparison with adult homologous neurophysin. FEBS Lett. 1976;62:89-92 pubmed
- Rose J, Wu C, Hsiao C, Breslow E, Wang B. Crystal structure of the neurophysin-oxytocin complex. Nat Struct Biol. 1996;3:163-9 pubmed..We find that while our structure is in agreement with the previous crystallographic findings, it differs from the NMR result with regard to how Tyr 2 of the hormone is recognized by neurophysin. ..
- Campbell R, Ffrench Mullen J, Cowley M, Smith M, Grove K. Hypothalamic circuitry of neuropeptide Y regulation of neuroendocrine function and food intake via the Y5 receptor subtype. Neuroendocrinology. 2001;74:106-19 pubmed..was colocalized with the following neuronal phenotypes in the hypothalamus, gonadotropin-releasing hormone, neurophysins, corticotropin-releasing hormone, and gamma-amino butyric acid...
- Rutishauser J, Kopp P, Gaskill M, Kotlar T, Robertson G. Clinical and molecular analysis of three families with autosomal dominant neurohypophyseal diabetes insipidus associated with a novel and recurrent mutations in the vasopressin-neurophysin II gene. Eur J Endocrinol. 2002;146:649-56 pubmed..Moreover, they illustrate the value of genetic analysis in all patients who develop idiopathic diabetes insipidus in childhood, even if no other family members are affected. ..
- Zhang W, Li S, Visocchi M, Wang X, Jiang J. Clinical analysis of hyponatremia in acute craniocerebral injury. J Emerg Med. 2010;39:151-7 pubmed publisher..Intravenous injection of extrinsic thyrotropin-releasing hormone might inhibit dilutional hyponatremia arising from the increase in ADH secretion by patients with ACI. ..
- Batista S, Moreira A, Antunes Rodrigues J, Castro M, Elias L, Elias P. Clinical features and molecular analysis of arginine-vasopressin neurophysin II gene in long-term follow-up patients with idiopathic central diabetes insipidus. Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol. 2010;54:269-73 pubmed..In addition, the etiology of idiopathic central DI in children may not be apparent even after long-term follow-up, and requires continuous etiological surveillance. ..
- Willcutts M, Felner E, White P. Autosomal recessive familial neurohypophyseal diabetes insipidus with continued secretion of mutant weakly active vasopressin. Hum Mol Genet. 1999;8:1303-7 pubmed
- Edenberg H. The genetics of alcohol metabolism: role of alcohol dehydrogenase and aldehyde dehydrogenase variants. Alcohol Res Health. 2007;30:5-13 pubmed..It is becoming clear that noncoding variants in both ADH and ALDH genes also may influence alcohol metabolism and, consequently, alcoholism risk; the specific nature and effects of these variants still need further study. ..