Genomes and Genes
period circadian proteins
Summary: Circadian rhythm signaling proteins that influence circadian clock by interacting with other circadian regulatory proteins and transporting them into the CELL NUCLEUS.
- Pagel R, Bär F, Schröder T, Sünderhauf A, Künstner A, Ibrahim S, et al. Circadian rhythm disruption impairs tissue homeostasis and exacerbates chronic inflammation in the intestine. FASEB J. 2017;31:4707-4719 pubmed publisher..König, P., Tsang, A. H., Bettenworth, D., Divanovic, S., Lehnert, H., Fellermann, K., Oster, H., Derer, S., Sina, C. Circadian rhythm disruption impairs tissue homeostasis and exacerbates chronic inflammation in the intestine. ..
- Zhang Z, Lai S, Wang Y, Li L, Yin H, Wang Y, et al. Rhythmic expression of circadian clock genes in the preovulatory ovarian follicles of the laying hen. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179019 pubmed publisher..In addition, our results support the hypothesis that gonadotropins provide a cue for the development of the functional cellular clock in immature GCs. ..
- Sun Q, Zhao Y, Yang Y, Yang X, Li M, Xu X, et al. Loss of the clock protein PER2 shortens the erythrocyte life span in mice. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:12679-12690 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal that Per2 function in the bone marrow is required for the regulation of life span in circulating erythrocytes. ..
- Tsuchiya S, Buhr E, Higashide T, Sugiyama K, Van Gelder R. Light entrainment of the murine intraocular pressure circadian rhythm utilizes non-local mechanisms. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184790 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that IOP rhythm entrainment is mediated by a systemic rather than local signal in mice. ..
- Aryal R, Kwak P, Tamayo A, Gebert M, Chiu P, Walz T, et al. Macromolecular Assemblies of the Mammalian Circadian Clock. Mol Cell. 2017;67:770-782.e6 pubmed publisher..Our results define the macromolecular assemblies comprising the circadian feedback loop and provide an initial structural view of endogenous eukaryotic clock machinery. ..
- Kozlov A, Jaumouillé E, Machado Almeida P, Koch R, Rodriguez J, Abruzzi K, et al. A Screening of UNF Targets Identifies Rnb, a Novel Regulator of Drosophila Circadian Rhythms. J Neurosci. 2017;37:6673-6685 pubmed publisher..Our results provide additional evidence to the emerging view that the differential regulation of the molecular clocks underlies the functional differences among the pacemaker neuron subgroups. ..
- Eng G, Edison -, Virshup D. Site-specific phosphorylation of casein kinase 1 ? (CK1?) regulates its activity towards the circadian regulator PER2. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177834 pubmed publisher..The regulation of CK1? by site-specific phosphorylation via the cell cycle and other signaling pathways provides a mechanism to couple external stimuli to regulation of CK1?-dependent pathways including the circadian clock. ..
- Frederick A, Goldsmith J, de Zavalía N, Amir S. Mapping the co-localization of the circadian proteins PER2 and BMAL1 with enkephalin and substance P throughout the rodent forebrain. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176279 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that clock genes are not unique to specific cell types, and further studies will be required to determine the factors that contribute to the regulation of clock gene expression throughout the brain. ..
- Lee J, Yoo E, Lee H, Park K, Hur J, Lim C. LSM12 and ME31B/DDX6 Define Distinct Modes of Posttranscriptional Regulation by ATAXIN-2 Protein Complex in Drosophila Circadian Pacemaker Neurons. Mol Cell. 2017;66:129-140.e7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that the ATX2 complex may switch distinct modes of posttranscriptional regulation through its associating factors to control circadian clocks and ATX2-related physiology. ..
- Taylor S, Wang T, Granados Fuentes D, Herzog E. Resynchronization Dynamics Reveal that the Ventral Entrains the Dorsal Suprachiasmatic Nucleus. J Biol Rhythms. 2017;32:35-47 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results provide direct evidence that the ventral SCN entrains the dorsal SCN in constant conditions. ..
- Stevanovic K, Yunus A, Joly Amado A, Gordon M, Morgan D, Gulick D, et al. Disruption of normal circadian clock function in a mouse model of tauopathy. Exp Neurol. 2017;294:58-67 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these results establish the Tg4510 mouse line as a model to study how tauopathy disrupts normal circadian rhythm biology. ..
- Fahrenkrug J, Georg B, Hannibal J, Jørgensen H. Hypophysectomy abolishes rhythms in rat thyroid hormones but not in the thyroid clock. J Endocrinol. 2017;233:209-216 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that the daily rhythm of thyroid hormone secretion is governed by SCN signalling via the rhythmic TSH secretion rather than by the local thyroid clock, which was still ticking after hypophysectomy. ..
- Musiek E, Lim M, Yang G, Bauer A, Qi L, Lee Y, et al. Circadian clock proteins regulate neuronal redox homeostasis and neurodegeneration. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:5389-400 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that BMAL1 in a complex with CLOCK or NPAS2 regulates cerebral redox homeostasis and connects impaired clock gene function to neurodegeneration. ..