Genomes and Genes
nuclear pore complex proteins
Summary: Proteins that form the structure of the NUCLEAR PORE. They are involved in active, facilitated and passive transport of molecules in and out of the CELL NUCLEUS.
- Ocwieja K, Brady T, Ronen K, Huegel A, Roth S, Schaller T, et al. HIV integration targeting: a pathway involving Transportin-3 and the nuclear pore protein RanBP2. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1001313 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data support a model in which Gag-dependent engagement of the proper transport and nuclear pore machinery mediate trafficking of HIV complexes to sites of integration. ..
- Kampmann M, Atkinson C, Mattheyses A, Simon S. Mapping the orientation of nuclear pore proteins in living cells with polarized fluorescence microscopy. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;18:643-9 pubmed publisher..This strategy can also be adapted for other macromolecular machines. ..
- Goeres J, Chan P, Mukhopadhyay D, Zhang H, Raught B, Matunis M. The SUMO-specific isopeptidase SENP2 associates dynamically with nuclear pore complexes through interactions with karyopherins and the Nup107-160 nucleoporin subcomplex. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:4868-82 pubmed publisher..Disruption of these interactions enhances SENP2 substrate accessibility, suggesting an important regulatory node in the SUMO pathway...
- Béaslas O, Vihervaara T, Li J, Laurila P, Yan D, Olkkonen V. Silencing of OSBP-related protein 8 (ORP8) modifies the macrophage transcriptome, nucleoporin p62 distribution, and migration capacity. Exp Cell Res. 2012;318:1933-45 pubmed publisher..As a conclusion, the present study reveals new, unexpected aspects of ORP8 function in macrophages not directly involving lipid metabolism, but rather associated with nuclear functions, microtubule organization, and migration capacity. ..
- Bolhy S, Bouhlel I, Dultz E, Nayak T, Zuccolo M, Gatti X, et al. A Nup133-dependent NPC-anchored network tethers centrosomes to the nuclear envelope in prophase. J Cell Biol. 2011;192:855-71 pubmed publisher..Finally, our study reveals that tethering of centrosomes to the nuclear surface at the G2/M transition contributes, along with other cellular mechanisms, to early stages of bipolar spindle assembly...
- Lu L, Ladinsky M, Kirchhausen T. Formation of the postmitotic nuclear envelope from extended ER cisternae precedes nuclear pore assembly. J Cell Biol. 2011;194:425-40 pubmed publisher..We therefore propose that the postmitotic nuclear envelope assembles directly from ER cisternae followed by membrane-dependent insertion of nuclear pore complexes...
- Gloerich M, Vliem M, Prummel E, Meijer L, Rensen M, Rehmann H, et al. The nucleoporin RanBP2 tethers the cAMP effector Epac1 and inhibits its catalytic activity. J Cell Biol. 2011;193:1009-20 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a novel mechanism of Epac1 regulation and elucidate an unexpected link between the NPC and cAMP signaling. ..
- Wu W, Liu P, Li J. Necroptosis: an emerging form of programmed cell death. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2012;82:249-58 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will summarize the signaling pathway, biological effects and pathological significance of this specific form of programmed cell death. ..
- Hülsmann B, Labokha A, Gorlich D. The permeability of reconstituted nuclear pores provides direct evidence for the selective phase model. Cell. 2012;150:738-51 pubmed publisher..Our data exclude alternative models that are based solely on an interaction between the FG repeats and NTRs and indicate that the barrier is formed by a sieve-like FG hydrogel...
- Casey A, Dawson T, Chen J, Friederichs J, Jaspersen S, Wente S. Integrity and function of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae spindle pole body depends on connections between the membrane proteins Ndc1, Rtn1, and Yop1. Genetics. 2012;192:441-55 pubmed publisher..We propose that NPC and SPB biogenesis are altered in cells lacking Rtn1 and Yop1 due to competition between these complexes for Ndc1, an essential common component of both NPCs and SPBs...
- GRUNWALD D, Singer R. Multiscale dynamics in nucleocytoplasmic transport. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2012;24:100-6 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this comprises a new paradigm in how we view import/export dynamics and emphasizes the multiscale nature of NPC-mediated cellular transport. ..
- Vollmer B, Schooley A, Sachdev R, Eisenhardt N, Schneider A, Sieverding C, et al. Dimerization and direct membrane interaction of Nup53 contribute to nuclear pore complex assembly. EMBO J. 2012;31:4072-84 pubmed publisher..Dimerization of Nup53 contributes to its membrane interaction and is crucial for its function in NPC assembly...
- Sarma N, Buford T, Haley T, Barbara Haley K, Santangelo G, Willis K. The nuclear pore complex mediates binding of the Mig1 repressor to target promoters. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27117 pubmed publisher..We propose that the NPC contributes to both repression and activation at the level of transcription. ..
- Milles S, Lemke E. Single molecule study of the intrinsically disordered FG-repeat nucleoporin 153. Biophys J. 2011;101:1710-9 pubmed publisher..79 ± 0.09). We then analyzed the properties of this protein on the supramolecular level, and determined that this human FG-domain was in fact able to form a hydrogel with physiological permeability barrier properties. ..
- Clever M, Funakoshi T, Mimura Y, Takagi M, Imamoto N. The nucleoporin ELYS/Mel28 regulates nuclear envelope subdomain formation in HeLa cells. Nucleus. 2012;3:187-99 pubmed publisher..The depletion of ELYS/Mel28 also accelerates the entry into cytokinesis after recruitment of emerin to chromosomes. Our data show that ELYS/Mel28 plays a role in NE subdomain formation in late mitosis...
- Koh Y, Wu X, Ferris A, Matreyek K, Smith S, Lee K, et al. Differential effects of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 capsid and cellular factors nucleoporin 153 and LEDGF/p75 on the efficiency and specificity of viral DNA integration. J Virol. 2013;87:648-58 pubmed publisher..A role for the CA protein in determining the dependency of HIV-1 on LEDGF/p75 during infection highlights a connection between the viral capsid and chromosomal DNA integration. ..
- Zhang N, Chen Y, Jiang R, Li E, Chen X, Xi Z, et al. PARP and RIP 1 are required for autophagy induced by 11'-deoxyverticillin A, which precedes caspase-dependent apoptosis. Autophagy. 2011;7:598-612 pubmed..Collectively, we have demonstrated that C42 enhances the cellular autophagic process, which requires both PARP and RIP-1 participation, preceding and possibly augmenting, the caspase-dependent apoptotic cell death. ..
- Talamas J, Hetzer M. POM121 and Sun1 play a role in early steps of interphase NPC assembly. J Cell Biol. 2011;194:27-37 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which POM121 and Sun1 interact transiently to promote early steps of interphase NPC assembly. ..
- Ródenas E, González Aguilera C, Ayuso C, Askjaer P. Dissection of the NUP107 nuclear pore subcomplex reveals a novel interaction with spindle assembly checkpoint protein MAD1 in Caenorhabditis elegans. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:930-44 pubmed publisher..Thus our results strengthen the emerging connection between nuclear pore proteins and chromosome segregation. ..
- Halfmann R, Wright J, Alberti S, Lindquist S, Rexach M. Prion formation by a yeast GLFG nucleoporin. Prion. 2012;6:391-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we demonstrate that Nup100 can form bona fide prions, thus establishing a previously undiscovered ability of yeast GLFG nucleoporins to adopt this conformational state in vivo. ..
- DuBois K, Alsford S, Holden J, Buisson J, Swiderski M, Bart J, et al. NUP-1 Is a large coiled-coil nucleoskeletal protein in trypanosomes with lamin-like functions. PLoS Biol. 2012;10:e1001287 pubmed publisher..Thus, analogous to vertebrate lamins, NUP-1 is a major component of the nucleoskeleton with key roles in organization of the nuclear periphery, heterochromatin, and epigenetic control of developmentally regulated loci...
- Labokha A, Gradmann S, Frey S, H lsmann B, Urlaub H, Baldus M, et al. Systematic analysis of barrier-forming FG hydrogels from Xenopus nuclear pore complexes. EMBO J. 2013;32:204-18 pubmed publisher..cerevisiae Nsp1 FG hydrogel. This suggests that FG hydrogels can assemble through different structural principles and yet acquire the same NPC-like permeability...
- Nagai M, Moriyama T, Mehmood R, Tokuhiro K, Ikawa M, Okabe M, et al. Mice lacking Ran binding protein 1 are viable and show male infertility. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:791-6 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we conclude that the dramatic decrease in "RanBP" activity impairs germ cell viability and affects spermatogenesis decisively in RanBP1-knockout mice. ..
- Mahul Mellier A, Pazarentzos E, Datler C, Iwasawa R, Abuali G, Lin B, et al. De-ubiquitinating protease USP2a targets RIP1 and TRAF2 to mediate cell death by TNF. Cell Death Differ. 2012;19:891-9 pubmed publisher..Consequently, downregulation of USP2a promotes NF-?B activation and protects cells against TNF-induced cell death. ..
- Mahadevan K, Zhang H, Akef A, Cui X, Gueroussov S, Cenik C, et al. RanBP2/Nup358 potentiates the translation of a subset of mRNAs encoding secretory proteins. PLoS Biol. 2013;11:e1001545 pubmed publisher..ALREX-elements thus act as nucleotide platforms to coordinate various steps of post-transcriptional regulation for the majority of mRNAs that encode secreted proteins. ..
- Nehs M, Lin C, Kozono D, Whang E, Cho N, Zhu K, et al. Necroptosis is a novel mechanism of radiation-induced cell death in anaplastic thyroid and adrenocortical cancers. Surgery. 2011;150:1032-9 pubmed publisher..Necroptosis contributes to radiation-induced cell death. Future studies should investigate ways to promote the activation of necroptosis to improve radiosensitivity. ..
- Asally M, Yasuda Y, Oka M, Otsuka S, Yoshimura S, Takeyasu K, et al. Nup358, a nucleoporin, functions as a key determinant of the nuclear pore complex structure remodeling during skeletal myogenesis. FEBS J. 2011;278:610-21 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the NPC undergoes dynamic remodeling during muscle cell differentiation and that Nup358 is prominently involved in the remodeling process. ..
- Kinoshita Y, Kalir T, Rahaman J, Dottino P, Kohtz D. Alterations in nuclear pore architecture allow cancer cell entry into or exit from drug-resistant dormancy. Am J Pathol. 2012;180:375-89 pubmed publisher..In addition to suggesting functional links between nuclear pore complex architecture and cancer cell survival, the culture system provides a novel experimental window into the dynamics of tumor cell drug resistance and dormancy. ..
- Coyle J, Bor Y, Rekosh D, Hammarskjold M. The Tpr protein regulates export of mRNAs with retained introns that traffic through the Nxf1 pathway. RNA. 2011;17:1344-56 pubmed publisher..Also, no effects were observed on export of a completely spliced mRNA. Taken together, our results indicate that Tpr plays an important role in quality control of mRNA trafficked on the Nxf1 pathway. ..
- Yang W. 'Natively unfolded' nucleoporins in nucleocytoplasmic transport: clustered or evenly distributed?. Nucleus. 2011;2:10-6 pubmed publisher..The 3D distribution of interaction sites may indicate some native properties of the FG-Nups barrier. Here we speculate that the selective permeability barrier in the NPC could be formed by clustered FG-Nups. ..
- Sekulovic S, Gasparetto M, Lecault V, Hoesli C, Kent D, Rosten P, et al. Ontogeny stage-independent and high-level clonal expansion in vitro of mouse hematopoietic stem cells stimulated by an engineered NUP98-HOX fusion transcription factor. Blood. 2011;118:4366-76 pubmed publisher..These findings point to the effects of NUP98-HOXA10hd on HSCs in vitro being mediated by promoting self-renewal and set the stage for further dissection of this process. ..
- Matreyek K, Engelman A. The requirement for nucleoporin NUP153 during human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection is determined by the viral capsid. J Virol. 2011;85:7818-27 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that capsid, likely by the qualities of its uncoating, determines whether HIV-1 requires cellular NUP153 for PIC nuclear import. ..
- Rajput A, Kovalenko A, Bogdanov K, Yang S, Kang T, Kim J, et al. RIG-I RNA helicase activation of IRF3 transcription factor is negatively regulated by caspase-8-mediated cleavage of the RIP1 protein. Immunity. 2011;34:340-51 pubmed publisher..The dependence of RIP1 cleavage on the same molecular change as that facilitating RIG-I signaling allows for RIG-I signaling to be restricted in its duration without compromising its initial activation. ..
- Sarma N, Yaseen N. Amino-terminal enhancer of split (AES) interacts with the oncoprotein NUP98-HOXA9 and enhances its transforming ability. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:38989-9001 pubmed publisher..These data establish AES as an interacting partner of NUP98-HOXA9 and show that it cooperates with NUP98-HOXA9 in transcriptional regulation and cell transformation. ..
- Di Nunzio F, Danckaert A, Fricke T, Perez P, Fernandez J, Perret E, et al. Human nucleoporins promote HIV-1 docking at the nuclear pore, nuclear import and integration. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46037 pubmed publisher..Our work shows the involvement of nucleoporins in diverse and functionally separable steps of HIV infection and nuclear import. ..
- Amlacher S, Sarges P, Flemming D, van Noort V, Kunze R, Devos D, et al. Insight into structure and assembly of the nuclear pore complex by utilizing the genome of a eukaryotic thermophile. Cell. 2011;146:277-89 pubmed publisher..This assembly illustrates how Nup interactions can generate structural plasticity within the NPC scaffold. Our findings therefore demonstrate the utility of the genome of a thermophilic eukaryote for studying complex molecular machines...
- Valkov E, Dean J, Jani D, Kuhlmann S, Stewart M. Structural basis for the assembly and disassembly of mRNA nuclear export complexes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1819:578-92 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Nuclear Transport and RNA Processing...
- Kehat I, Accornero F, Aronow B, Molkentin J. Modulation of chromatin position and gene expression by HDAC4 interaction with nucleoporins. J Cell Biol. 2011;193:21-9 pubmed publisher..We thus propose a novel mechanism of action for HDAC4, suggesting it can function to dynamically regulate gene expression through changes in chromatin-nucleoporin association. ..
- Jaspersen S, Ghosh S. Nuclear envelope insertion of spindle pole bodies and nuclear pore complexes. Nucleus. 2012;3:226-36 pubmed publisher..We review the findings of these reports in light of our current knowledge of SPB, NPC and NE structure, assembly and function. ..
- Cardarelli F, Lanzano L, Gratton E. Capturing directed molecular motion in the nuclear pore complex of live cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:9863-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, we argue that directed Nup-mediated molecular motion may represent an intrinsic feature of the overall selective gating through intact NPCs...
- Dokudovskaya S, Waharte F, Schlessinger A, Pieper U, Devos D, Cristea I, et al. A conserved coatomer-related complex containing Sec13 and Seh1 dynamically associates with the vacuole in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2011;10:M110.006478 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that the SEA complex is an additional member of a family of membrane coating and vesicle tethering assemblies, extending the repertoire of protocoatomer-related complexes. ..
- Jamali T, Jamali Y, Mehrbod M, Mofrad M. Nuclear pore complex: biochemistry and biophysics of nucleocytoplasmic transport in health and disease. Int Rev Cell Mol Biol. 2011;287:233-86 pubmed publisher..In the end, the correlation of several diseases and disorders with the NPC structural defects and dysfunctions is discussed...
- Di Nunzio F, Fricke T, Miccio A, Valle Casuso J, Perez P, Souque P, et al. Nup153 and Nup98 bind the HIV-1 core and contribute to the early steps of HIV-1 replication. Virology. 2013;440:8-18 pubmed publisher..Our work strongly supports a role for Nup153 in HIV-1 nuclear import and integration. ..
- Fernandez Martinez J, Rout M. A jumbo problem: mapping the structure and functions of the nuclear pore complex. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2012;24:92-9 pubmed publisher..Here, we discuss the latest approaches trying to address this challenge. ..
- Feoktistova M, Geserick P, Kellert B, Dimitrova D, Langlais C, Hupe M, et al. cIAPs block Ripoptosome formation, a RIP1/caspase-8 containing intracellular cell death complex differentially regulated by cFLIP isoforms. Mol Cell. 2011;43:449-63 pubmed publisher..The differential quality of cell death mediated by the Ripoptosome may cause important pathophysiological consequences during inflammatory responses. ..
- Saitoh N, Sakamoto C, Hagiwara M, Agredano Moreno L, Jiménez García L, Nakao M. The distribution of phosphorylated SR proteins and alternative splicing are regulated by RANBP2. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:1115-28 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that the speckled distribution of phosphorylated pre-mRNA processing factors is regulated by the nucleocytoplasmic transport system in mammalian cells and that it is important for alternative splicing. ..
- Strunze S, Engelke M, Wang I, Puntener D, Boucke K, Schleich S, et al. Kinesin-1-mediated capsid disassembly and disruption of the nuclear pore complex promote virus infection. Cell Host Microbe. 2011;10:210-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, kinesin-1 uncoats viral DNA and compromises NPC integrity, allowing viral genomes nuclear access to promote infection...
- Yoshida K, Seo H, Debler E, Blobel G, Hoelz A. Structural and functional analysis of an essential nucleoporin heterotrimer on the cytoplasmic face of the nuclear pore complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:16571-6 pubmed publisher..Notably, each of the three nucleoporins contains additional nuclear pore complex binding sites, distinct from those that were defined here in the heterotrimeric Nup82•Nup159•Nup116 complex. ..
- Culjkovic Kraljacic B, Baguet A, Volpon L, Amri A, Borden K. The oncogene eIF4E reprograms the nuclear pore complex to promote mRNA export and oncogenic transformation. Cell Rep. 2012;2:207-15 pubmed publisher..eIF4E overcomes this inhibitory mechanism by indirectly reducing levels of RanBP2. More generally, these results suggest that reprogramming the NPC is a means by which oncogenes can harness the proliferative capacity of the cell. ..
- Tenev T, Bianchi K, Darding M, Broemer M, Langlais C, Wallberg F, et al. The Ripoptosome, a signaling platform that assembles in response to genotoxic stress and loss of IAPs. Mol Cell. 2011;43:432-48 pubmed publisher..Together, our observations shed new light on fundamental mechanisms by which chemotherapeutics may kill cancer cells. ..
- Al Haboubi T, Shumaker D, Köser J, Wehnert M, Fahrenkrog B. Distinct association of the nuclear pore protein Nup153 with A- and B-type lamins. Nucleus. 2011;2:500-9 pubmed publisher..Together our results indicate a far more intricate interplay between Nup153 and nuclear lamins than previously accepted. ..
- Laurell E, Beck K, Krupina K, Theerthagiri G, Bodenmiller B, Horvath P, et al. Phosphorylation of Nup98 by multiple kinases is crucial for NPC disassembly during mitotic entry. Cell. 2011;144:539-50 pubmed publisher..Together, our data provide evidence for a phosphorylation-dependent mechanism underlying disintegration of NPCs during prophase. Moreover, we identify mitotic phosphorylation of Nup98 as a rate-limiting step in mitotic NPC disassembly. ..
- Yewdell W, Colombi P, Makhnevych T, Lusk C. Lumenal interactions in nuclear pore complex assembly and stability. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:1375-88 pubmed publisher..These findings support a role for Heh1p in the assembly or stability of the NPC, potentially through the formation of a lumenal bridge with Pom152p...
- Grossman E, Medalia O, Zwerger M. Functional architecture of the nuclear pore complex. Annu Rev Biophys. 2012;41:557-84 pubmed publisher..In this review, we address structural and functional aspects of this fundamental cellular machinery...
- Neilson D. The interplay of infection and genetics in acute necrotizing encephalopathy. Curr Opin Pediatr. 2010;22:751-7 pubmed publisher..Early recognition and systematic evaluation of ANE are necessary. Modeling ANE as a genetic disorder may provide the most immediate gains in the understanding and treatment of ANE and related disorders. ..
- Hayakawa A, Babour A, Sengmanivong L, Dargemont C. Ubiquitylation of the nuclear pore complex controls nuclear migration during mitosis in S. cerevisiae. J Cell Biol. 2012;196:19-27 pubmed publisher..This led to defects in nuclear segregation at the onset of mitosis. Thus, defining ubiquitylation of the yeast NPC highlights yet-unexplored functions of this essential organelle in cell division. ..
- Kupke T, Di Cecco L, Muller H, Neuner A, Adolf F, Wieland F, et al. Targeting of Nbp1 to the inner nuclear membrane is essential for spindle pole body duplication. EMBO J. 2011;30:3337-52 pubmed publisher..These data define the targeting pathway of a SPB component and suggest that the amphipathic ?-helix of Nbp1 is important for SPB insertion into the NE from within the nucleus. ..
- Lussi Y, H gi I, Laurell E, Kutay U, Fahrenkrog B. The nucleoporin Nup88 is interacting with nuclear lamin A. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:1080-90 pubmed publisher..Together our data suggest that a pool of Nup88 on the nuclear side of the NPC provides a novel, unexpected binding site for nuclear lamin A...
- Savas J, Toyama B, Xu T, Yates J, Hetzer M. Extremely long-lived nuclear pore proteins in the rat brain. Science. 2012;335:942 pubmed publisher..Thus, it is possible that failure to maintain proper levels and functional integrity of ELLPs in nonproliferative cells might contribute to age-related deterioration in cell and tissue function. ..
- L schberger A, van de Linde S, Dabauvalle M, Rieger B, Heilemann M, Krohne G, et al. Super-resolution imaging visualizes the eightfold symmetry of gp210 proteins around the nuclear pore complex and resolves the central channel with nanometer resolution. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:570-5 pubmed publisher..Two-color dSTORM experiments emphasize the highly symmetric NPCs as ideal model structures to control the quality of corrections to chromatic aberration and to test the capability and reliability of super-resolution imaging methods...
- Nguyen C, Mansfield R, Leung W, Vaz P, Loughlin F, Grant R, et al. Characterization of a family of RanBP2-type zinc fingers that can recognize single-stranded RNA. J Mol Biol. 2011;407:273-83 pubmed publisher..These data establish a subset of RanBP2-type ZnFs as a new family of ssRNA-binding motifs. ..
- Hamada M, Haeger A, Jeganathan K, van Ree J, Malureanu L, Wälde S, et al. Ran-dependent docking of importin-beta to RanBP2/Nup358 filaments is essential for protein import and cell viability. J Cell Biol. 2011;194:597-612 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that a critical function of RanBP2 is to capture recycling RanGTP-importin-? complexes at cytoplasmic fibrils to allow for adequate cNLS-mediated cargo import. ..
- Watts K, Zhang X, Beard B, Chiu S, Trobridge G, Humphries R, et al. Differential effects of HOXB4 and NUP98-HOXA10hd on hematopoietic repopulating cells in a nonhuman primate model. Hum Gene Ther. 2011;22:1475-82 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we show that HOXB4 and NA10hd both have a significant impact on hematopoietic reconstitution; however, these effects are differential and therefore may offer complementary strategies for HSC expansion. ..
- Raices M, D Angelo M. Nuclear pore complex composition: a new regulator of tissue-specific and developmental functions. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2012;13:687-99 pubmed publisher..This unexpected heterogeneity suggests that cells use a combination of different nucleoporins to assemble NPCs with distinct properties and specialized functions. ..
- Chow K, Elgort S, Dasso M, Ullman K. Two distinct sites in Nup153 mediate interaction with the SUMO proteases SENP1 and SENP2. Nucleus. 2012;3:349-58 pubmed..While SENP1 and SENP2 share many characteristics, we show here that SENP1 levels are influenced by the presence of Nup153, whereas SENP2 is not sensitive to changes in Nup153 abundance. ..
- Zhao Q, Meier I. Identification and characterization of the Arabidopsis FG-repeat nucleoporin Nup62. Plant Signal Behav. 2011;6:330-4 pubmed publisher..Overexpression-based co-suppression of AtNup62 leads to severely dwarfed, early-flowering plants, suggesting an important function for Nup62 in plants. ..
- McGuire A, Mangroo D. Cex1p facilitates Rna1p-mediated dissociation of the Los1p-tRNA-Gsp1p-GTP export complex. Traffic. 2012;13:234-56 pubmed publisher..It is possible that this tRNA unloading mechanism is conserved in evolutionarily diverse organisms and that other Gsp1p-GTP-dependent export processes use a pathway-specific component to recruit Rna1p to the NPC. ..
- D Angelo M, Gomez Cavazos J, Mei A, Lackner D, Hetzer M. A change in nuclear pore complex composition regulates cell differentiation. Dev Cell. 2012;22:446-58 pubmed publisher..Our results identify a single change in NPC composition as an essential step in cell differentiation and establish a role for Nup210 in gene expression regulation and cell fate determination. ..
- Jani D, Lutz S, Hurt E, Laskey R, Stewart M, Wickramasinghe V. Functional and structural characterization of the mammalian TREX-2 complex that links transcription with nuclear messenger RNA export. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:4562-73 pubmed publisher..Thus, we implicate TREX-2 as an integral component of the mammalian mRNA export machinery where it links transcription and nuclear export by facilitating the transfer of mature mRNPs from the nuclear interior to NPCs. ..