Genomes and Genes
type iib sodium phosphate cotransporter proteins
Summary: A sodium-dependent phosphate transporter present primarily at apical sites of EPITHELIAL CELLS in the SMALL INTESTINE.
- Reining S, Liesegang A, Betz H, Biber J, Murer H, Hernando N. Expression of renal and intestinal Na/Pi cotransporters in the absence of GABARAP. Pflugers Arch. 2010;460:207-17 pubmed publisher..However, in response to low Pi diets, the upregulation of NaPi-IIa is greater in the mutant mice. Thus, both the basal expression and the dietary-induced upregulation of NaPi-IIa are increased in the absence of GABARAP. ..
- Giral H, Caldas Y, Sutherland E, Wilson P, Breusegem S, Barry N, et al. Regulation of rat intestinal Na-dependent phosphate transporters by dietary phosphate. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2009;297:F1466-75 pubmed publisher..the jejunum and that postprandial upregulation of NaPi-2b could be a potential target for treatment of hyperphosphatemia. ..
- Saddoris K, Fleet J, Radcliffe J. Sodium-dependent phosphate uptake in the jejunum is post-transcriptionally regulated in pigs fed a low-phosphorus diet and is independent of dietary calcium concentration. J Nutr. 2010;140:731-6 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that restricting dietary aP concentration by only 43% stimulates Na(+)-dependent phosphate uptake and expression of the NaPi-IIb protein in the BBM of the small intestine and through a post-transcriptional mechanism. ..
- Dogan O, Ozsahin S, Gul E, Arslan S, Koksal B, Berk S, et al. A frame-shift mutation in the SLC34A2 gene in three patients with pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis in an inbred family. Intern Med. 2010;49:45-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that impaired activity of the SLC34A2 gene may be responsible for familial PAM. ..
- Zhong Y, Hu C, Cai X, Nie H. [A novel mutation of the SLC34A2 gene in a Chinese pedigree with pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2009;26:365-8 pubmed..A novel homozygous mutation in SLC34A2 gene, leading to a premature stop codon therefore a truncated protein, was probably responsible for the PAM in this family. The SNP in intron 2 needs further study. ..
- Konno Y, Moore R, Kamiya N, Negishi M. Nuclear xenobiotic receptor PXR-null mouse exhibits hypophosphatemia and represses the Na/Pi-cotransporter SLC34A2. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2010;20:9-17 pubmed publisher..The lack of PXR results in a severe repression of the Na/Pi cotransporter NaPi-IIb/Npt2b (SLC34A2), thus leading Pxr-/- males and females to develop a type of hypophosphatemia. ..
- Jin C, Zoidis E, Ghirlanda C, Schmid C. Dexamethasone and cyclic AMP regulate sodium phosphate cotransporter (NaPi-IIb and Pit-1) mRNA and phosphate uptake in rat alveolar type II epithelial cells. Lung. 2010;188:51-61 pubmed publisher..1 mmol/l cAMP treatment. Although NaPi-IIb mRNA expression was maintained to some extent by AT II cells kept in primary culture, Pi uptake was more closely related to Pit-1 mRNA expression. ..
- Villa Bellosta R, Sorribas V. Arsenate transport by sodium/phosphate cotransporter type IIb. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2010;247:36-40 pubmed publisher..7 microM), which are very similar to the affinities for Pi. Therefore, NaPiIIb can have a prominent role in the toxicokinetics of arsenic following oral exposure to freshwater or food contaminated with As(V). ..
- Xu C, Jin H, Lim H, Ha Y, Chae C, An G, et al. Low dietary inorganic phosphate stimulates lung tumorigenesis through altering protein translation and cell cycle in K-ras(LA1) mice. Nutr Cancer. 2010;62:525-32 pubmed publisher..Our results clearly demonstrated that low Pi also promoted lung tumorigenesis, thus suggesting that an appropriate intake of dietary Pi may be critical for lung cancer prevention as well as treatment. ..
- Tachibana T, Hagiwara K, Johkoh T. Pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis: review and management. Curr Opin Pulm Med. 2009;15:486-90 pubmed publisher..Scrutiny of the long-term follow-up data of PAM patients reveals that the prognosis for PAM is poor. The establishment of an effective treatment, which is not yet available, is mandatory. ..