Genomes and Genes
nucleotide transport proteins
Summary: Proteins involved in the transport of NUCLEOTIDES across cellular membranes.
- Haferkamp I, Schmitz Esser S, Wagner M, Neigel N, Horn M, Neuhaus H. Tapping the nucleotide pool of the host: novel nucleotide carrier proteins of Protochlamydia amoebophila. Mol Microbiol. 2006;60:1534-45 pubmed..amoebophila in this and previous studies uncovered that these metabolically impaired bacteria are intimately connected with their host cell's metabolism in a surprisingly complex manner. ..
- Van Dyck E, Jank B, Ragnini A, Schweyen R, Duyckaerts C, Sluse F, et al. Overexpression of a novel member of the mitochondrial carrier family rescues defects in both DNA and RNA metabolism in yeast mitochondria. Mol Gen Genet. 1995;246:426-36 pubmed..Antibodies directed against the aminoterminus of RIM2/MRS12 detect this protein in mitochondria. The function of the RIM2/MRS12 protein and the substrates it might transport are discussed. ..
- Leon S, Erpapazoglou Z, Haguenauer Tsapis R. Ear1p and Ssh4p are new adaptors of the ubiquitin ligase Rsp5p for cargo ubiquitylation and sorting at multivesicular bodies. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:2379-88 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Ear1p/Ssh4p recruit Rsp5p and assist it in its function at MVBs by directing the ubiquitylation of specific cargoes. ..
- Sawada K, Echigo N, Juge N, Miyaji T, Otsuka M, Omote H, et al. Identification of a vesicular nucleotide transporter. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:5683-6 pubmed publisher..These findings strongly suggest that SLC17A9 protein is a vesicular nucleotide transporter and should lead to the elucidation of the molecular mechanism of ATP secretion in purinergic signal transmission. ..
- Ast M, Gruber A, Schmitz Esser S, Neuhaus H, Kroth P, Horn M, et al. Diatom plastids depend on nucleotide import from the cytosol. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:3621-6 pubmed publisher..We suggest that diatoms harbor a specifically-adapted nucleotide transport system and that NTTs are the key players in nucleotide supply to the complex plastid. ..
- Knab S, Mushak T, Schmitz Esser S, Horn M, Haferkamp I. Nucleotide parasitism by Simkania negevensis (Chlamydiae). J Bacteriol. 2011;193:225-35 pubmed publisher..b>Nucleotide transport proteins (NTTs) catalyze the import of ATP and other nucleotides from the eukaryotic host into the bacterial ..
- Yoon H, Zhang Y, Pain J, Lyver E, Lesuisse E, Pain D, et al. Rim2, a pyrimidine nucleotide exchanger, is needed for iron utilization in mitochondria. Biochem J. 2011;440:137-46 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that Rim2 is a pyrimidine exchanger with an additional unique function in promoting mitochondrial iron utilization. ..
- Hein C, Springael J, Volland C, Haguenauer Tsapis R, Andre B. NPl1, an essential yeast gene involved in induced degradation of Gap1 and Fur4 permeases, encodes the Rsp5 ubiquitin-protein ligase. Mol Microbiol. 1995;18:77-87 pubmed..Our results show that the Npi1/Rsp5 ubiquitin-protein ligase participates in induced degradation of at least two permeases, Gap1p and Fur4p, and probably also other proteins. ..
- Marchal C, Haguenauer Tsapis R, Urban Grimal D. Casein kinase I-dependent phosphorylation within a PEST sequence and ubiquitination at nearby lysines signal endocytosis of yeast uracil permease. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:23608-14 pubmed..This may be due to CK1 having a second counteracting role in endocytosis as shown by the higher turnover of variant permeases with unphosphorylatable versions of the PEST sequence. ..
- Galan J, Haguenauer Tsapis R. Ubiquitin lys63 is involved in ubiquitination of a yeast plasma membrane protein. EMBO J. 1997;16:5847-54 pubmed..We have thus identified a natural target of Lys63-linked ubiquitin chains. We have also shown that monoubiquitination is sufficient to induce permease endocytosis, but that Lys63-linked ubiquitin chains appear to stimulate this process. ..
- Séron K, Blondel M, Haguenauer Tsapis R, Volland C. Uracil-induced down-regulation of the yeast uracil permease. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:1793-800 pubmed..These results suggest that uracil of exogenous or catabolic origin down-regulates the cognate permease to prevent buildup of excess intracellular uracil-derived nucleotides. ..
- Hicke L. Ubiquitin-dependent internalization and down-regulation of plasma membrane proteins. FASEB J. 1997;11:1215-26 pubmed..Mammalian receptors may also be down-regulated through the degradation of their cytosolic domains by a proteasome-dependent pathway. ..
- Marchal C, Haguenauer Tsapis R, Urban Grimal D. A PEST-like sequence mediates phosphorylation and efficient ubiquitination of yeast uracil permease. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:314-21 pubmed..A PEST-like sequence in which the serines were replaced by glutamic acids allowed efficient permease turnover, suggesting that the PEST serines are phosphoacceptors. ..
- Franzolin E, Miazzi C, Frangini M, Palumbo E, Rampazzo C, Bianchi V. The pyrimidine nucleotide carrier PNC1 and mitochondrial trafficking of thymidine phosphates in cultured human cells. Exp Cell Res. 2012;318:2226-36 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of PNC1 in TK1(+) cells increased mtdTTP pool size and radioactivity, suggesting an involvement in the import of thymidine phosphates. Thus PNC1 is a component of the network regulating the mtdTTP pool in human cells. ..
- Bugnicourt A, Froissard M, Sereti K, Ulrich H, Haguenauer Tsapis R, Galan J. Antagonistic roles of ESCRT and Vps class C/HOPS complexes in the recycling of yeast membrane proteins. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:4203-14 pubmed..Genetic analyses indicated that these phenotypes were due to the functioning of the Vps class C complex in trafficking both to and from the late endosomal compartment. ..
- Volland C, Urban Grimal D, Geraud G, Haguenauer Tsapis R. Endocytosis and degradation of the yeast uracil permease under adverse conditions. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:9833-41 pubmed..We have yet to determine whether adverse conditions enhance permease endocytosis and subsequent degradation or divert internalized uracil permease from a recycling to a degradative pathway. ..
- Horn M, Collingro A, Schmitz Esser S, Beier C, Purkhold U, Fartmann B, et al. Illuminating the evolutionary history of chlamydiae. Science. 2004;304:728-30 pubmed..Ancient chlamydiae appear to be the originators of mechanisms for the exploitation of eukaryotic cells...
- Hearn J, Lester R, Dickson R. The uracil transporter Fur4p associates with lipid rafts. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:3679-86 pubmed..Further studies using lcb1-100 cells should reveal new roles of sphingolipids in nutrient uptake and other membrane-dependent processes. ..
- Ghim S, Neuhard J. The pyrimidine biosynthesis operon of the thermophile Bacillus caldolyticus includes genes for uracil phosphoribosyltransferase and uracil permease. J Bacteriol. 1994;176:3698-707 pubmed..One of these structures resembled a rho-independent transcriptional terminator. The possible implication of these structures for pyrimidine regulation of the operon is discussed. ..
- Nishimura M, Suzuki S, Satoh T, Naito S. Tissue-specific mRNA expression profiles of human solute carrier 35 transporters. Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 2009;24:91-9 pubmed..These results are expected to be valuable for research concerning the clinical diagnosis of disease. ..
- Lim C, Jeong W, Lim W, Kim J, Song G, Bazer F. Differential expression of select members of the SLC family of genes and regulation of expression by microRNAs in the chicken oviduct. Biol Reprod. 2012;87:145 pubmed publisher..Results of this study demonstrate cell-specific and temporal changes in expression of selected SLC genes and regulation of SLC13A2 and SLC35B4 expression by miRs in the oviduct of laying hens. ..
- Koczor C, Torres R, Lewis W. The role of transporters in the toxicity of nucleoside and nucleotide analogs. Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol. 2012;8:665-76 pubmed publisher..However, additional understanding of nucleoside transporter kinetics, tissue expression and genetic polymorphisms is required to design better molecules and better therapies. ..
- Sesma J, Esther C, Kreda S, Jones L, O NEAL W, Nishihara S, et al. Endoplasmic reticulum/golgi nucleotide sugar transporters contribute to the cellular release of UDP-sugar signaling molecules. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:12572-83 pubmed publisher..Our results illustrate that ER/Golgi lumen constitutes a significant source of extracellular UDP-sugars and therefore plays a critical role in nucleotide sugar-promoted cell signaling. ..
- Bakker H, Routier F, Ashikov A, Neumann D, Bosch D, Gerardy Schahn R. A CMP-sialic acid transporter cloned from Arabidopsis thaliana. Carbohydr Res. 2008;343:2148-52 pubmed publisher..The isolated gene (At5g41760) is a member of the triose-phosphate/nucleotide sugar transporter gene family. Recombinant expression of the gene in yeast and testing in vitro confirmed its ability to transport CMP-sialic acid. ..
- Malinska K, Malinsky J, Opekarova M, Tanner W. Distribution of Can1p into stable domains reflects lateral protein segregation within the plasma membrane of living S. cerevisiae cells. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:6031-41 pubmed..Finally, two other proteins were localized within the frame of the Can1p/Pma1p plasma-membrane partition. We show that Fur4p (another H+ symporter) and Sur7p (a protein of unknown function) occupy the Can1p subdomain...
- Gronskiy S, Zakataeva N, Vitushkina M, Ptitsyn L, Altman I, Novikova A, et al. The yicM (nepI) gene of Escherichia coli encodes a major facilitator superfamily protein involved in efflux of purine ribonucleosides. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2005;250:39-47 pubmed..These results suggest that yicM encodes a purine ribonucleoside exporter and we have accordingly renamed it nepI (for 'nucleoside efflux permease-inosine'). ..
- Wang K, Long B, Li N, Li L, Liu C, Dong Y, et al. MicroRNA-2861 regulates programmed necrosis in cardiomyocyte by impairing adenine nucleotide translocase 1 expression. Free Radic Biol Med. 2016;91:58-67 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data identify miR-2861 and ANT1 as two novel regulators of cardiomyocyte necrosis and myocardial infarction, and suggest potential therapeutic targets in treatment of cardiac diseases. ..
- Anwar M, Kasper A, Steck A, Schier J. Bongkrekic Acid-a Review of a Lesser-Known Mitochondrial Toxin. J Med Toxicol. 2017;13:173-179 pubmed publisher..It should be considered in outbreaks of food-borne illness when signs and symptoms manifest involving the liver, brain, and kidneys and when coconut- or corn-based foods are implicated. ..
- Richardson A, Halestrap A. Quantification of active mitochondrial permeability transition pores using GNX-4975 inhibitor titrations provides insights into molecular identity. Biochem J. 2016;473:1129-40 pubmed publisher..We propose that GNX-4975 binds to this interface preventing a calcium-triggered event that opens the interface into a pore. ..
- KomlÃ³di T, Tretter L. Methylene blue stimulates substrate-level phosphorylation catalysed by succinyl-CoA ligase in the citric acid cycle. Neuropharmacology. 2017;123:287-298 pubmed publisher..The mitochondrial effects of MB are explained by the ability to accept electrons from reducing equivalents and transfer them to cytochrome c bypassing the respiratory Complexes I and III. ..
- Kobayashi T, Sleeman J, Coughtrie M, Burchell B. Molecular and functional characterization of microsomal UDP-glucuronic acid uptake by members of the nucleotide sugar transporter (NST) family. Biochem J. 2006;400:281-9 pubmed..The cell line H4IIE is a useful model for the study of UDPGA transporters for glucuronidation reactions. ..
- Séron K, Tieaho V, Prescianotto Baschong C, Aust T, Blondel M, Guillaud P, et al. A yeast t-SNARE involved in endocytosis. Mol Biol Cell. 1998;9:2873-89 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that Tlg2p is a t-SNARE involved in early endosome biogenesis. ..
- Colleoni C, Linka M, Deschamps P, Handford M, Dupree P, Weber A, et al. Phylogenetic and biochemical evidence supports the recruitment of an ADP-glucose translocator for the export of photosynthate during plastid endosymbiosis. Mol Biol Evol. 2010;27:2691-701 pubmed publisher..Such an unexpected ability would have been required to establish plastid endosymbiosis. ..
- Jang J, Kim Y, Nam S, Keam B, Kim T, Jeon Y, et al. Targeting Adenine Nucleotide Translocase-2 (ANT2) to Overcome Resistance to Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Mol Cancer Ther. 2016;15:1387-96 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that ANT2 overexpression contributes to EGFR-TKI resistance in NSCLC and that ANT2 targeting may be considered a novel strategy for overcoming this resistance. Mol Cancer Ther; 15(6); 1387-96. Â©2016 AACR. ..
- Guo W, Liu W, Chen Z, Gu Y, Peng S, Shen L, et al. Tyrosine phosphatase SHP2 negatively regulates NLRP3 inflammasome activation via ANT1-dependent mitochondrial homeostasis. Nat Commun. 2017;8:2168 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data highlight that, by inhibiting ANT1 and mitochondrial dysfunction, SHP2 orchestrates an intrinsic regulatory loop to limit excessive NLRP3 inflammasome activation. ..
- Kato Y, Omote H, Miyaji T. Inhibitors of ATP release inhibit vesicular nucleotide transporter. Biol Pharm Bull. 2013;36:1688-91 pubmed..Thus, inhibitors of ATP release may inhibit VNUT and subsequent ATP release, since the previous works proved that inhibitors of ATP release blocked VNUT-mediated ATP release at the cell level. ..
- Moreau V, Galan J, Devilliers G, Haguenauer Tsapis R, Winsor B. The yeast actin-related protein Arp2p is required for the internalization step of endocytosis. Mol Biol Cell. 1997;8:1361-75 pubmed..Finally, no evidence for a major defect in secretion was apparent; invertase secretion and delivery of uracil permease to the plasma membrane were unaffected in arp2-1 cells. ..
- Grancara S, Dalla Via L, GarcÃa ArgÃ¡ez A, Ohkubo S, Pacella E, Manente S, et al. Spermine cycling in mitochondria is mediated by adenine nucleotide translocase activity: mechanism and pathophysiological implications. Amino Acids. 2016;48:2327-37 pubmed publisher..The physiological implications of this cycling of spermine are related to the induction or prevention of mitochondrial permeability transition and, consequently, on apoptosis or its prevention. ..
- Zhang S, Maguire D, Zhang M, Zhang A, Zhang L, Swarts S, et al. Maternal bias in mouse radiosensitivity: the role of the mitochondrial PTP. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2013;789:251-256 pubmed publisher..We propose that a genetic change in ANT and a postirradiation change involving either mtDNA-encoded protein replacement or altered mtDNA association fit these data. ..
- Keener J, Babst M. Quality control and substrate-dependent downregulation of the nutrient transporter Fur4. Traffic. 2013;14:412-27 pubmed publisher..We propose that the LID-degron system is a conserved, chaperone-independent mechanism responsible for conformation-induced downregulation of many cell-surface transporters under physiological and pathological conditions. ..
- Silva Platas C, Guerrero BeltrÃ¡n C, CarrancÃ¡ M, Castillo E, Bernal RamÃrez J, Oropeza AlmazÃ¡n Y, et al. Antineoplastic copper coordinated complexes (Casiopeinas) uncouple oxidative phosphorylation and induce mitochondrial permeability transition in cardiac mitochondria and cardiomyocytes. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 2016;48:43-54 pubmed publisher
- Leroch M, Kirchberger S, Haferkamp I, Wahl M, Neuhaus H, Tjaden J. Identification and characterization of a novel plastidic adenine nucleotide uniporter from Solanum tuberosum. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:17992-8000 pubmed..We therefore propose that StBT1 is a plastidic adenine nucleotide uniporter used to provide the cytosol and other compartments with adenine nucleotides exclusively synthesized inside plastids. ..
- Korotkov S, Konovalova S, Brailovskaya I. Diamide accelerates opening of the Tl(+)-induced permeability transition pore in Ca(2+)-loaded rat liver mitochondria. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;468:360-4 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that conformational changes of the ANT and matrix glutathione loss may be directly involved in opening the Tl(+)-induced MPTP in the inner membrane of Ca(2+)-loaded rat liver mitochondria. ..
- Davis L, Morgan A, Ruas M, Wong J, Graeff R, Poustka A, et al. Ca(2+) signaling occurs via second messenger release from intraorganelle synthesis sites. Curr Biol. 2008;18:1612-8 pubmed publisher..This represents a novel signaling mechanism whereby an extracellular stimulus increases the concentration of a second messenger by promoting messenger transport from intraorganelle synthesis sites to the cytosol...
- Sparks L, Gemmink A, Phielix E, Bosma M, Schaart G, Moonen Kornips E, et al. ANT1-mediated fatty acid-induced uncoupling as a target for improving myocellular insulin sensitivity. Diabetologia. 2016;59:1030-9 pubmed publisher..FA-induced mitochondrial uncoupling may help to preserve insulin sensitivity in the face of a high supply of FAs. www.trialregister.nl NTR2002. ..
- Mihara H, Boudaka A, Sugiyama T, Moriyama Y, Tominaga M. Transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 (TRPV4)-dependent calcium influx and ATP release in mouse oesophageal keratinocytes. J Physiol. 2011;589:3471-82 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, in response to heat, chemical and possibly mechanical stimuli, TRPV4 contributes to ATP release in the oesophagus. Thus, TRPV4 could be involved in oesophageal mechano- and heat hypersensitivity. ..
- Swennen D, Henry C, Beckerich J. Folding proteome of Yarrowia lipolytica targeting with uracil permease mutants. J Proteome Res. 2010;9:6169-79 pubmed publisher..For example, EMC complex, Gsf2p or Yet3p, chaperone membrane proteins of the endoplasmic reticulum were identified in the Y. lipolytica native proteome. ..
- Vickers M, Young J, Baldwin S, Ellison M, Cass C. Functional production of mammalian concentrative nucleoside transporters in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Membr Biol. 2001;18:73-9 pubmed..This work represents the development of a new model system for the functional production of recombinant nucleoside transporters of the CNT family of membrane proteins. ..
- Song L, Li Y, Qiu S, Wang N. [Recombinant lentivirus-mediated gene transfer of NT4-p53(N15)-Ant inhibits the growth of hepatocellular carcinoma cells in vitro]. Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi. 2010;32:10-6 pubmed
- Pinson B, Chevallier J, Urban Grimal D. Only one of the charged amino acids located in membrane-spanning regions is important for the function of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae uracil permease. Biochem J. 1999;339 ( Pt 1):37-42 pubmed..Of the three charged residues, only Lys-272 was important for the transport activity of the transporter. Its replacement by Ala, Glu or even Arg strongly impaired both the binding and the translocation of uracil. ..
- Goto S. [Golgi units regulating diversity of glycosylation]. Seikagaku. 2007;79:42-5 pubmed
- Spaan A, IJlst L, van Roermund C, Wijburg F, Wanders R, Waterham H. Identification of the human mitochondrial FAD transporter and its potential role in multiple acyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency. Mol Genet Metab. 2005;86:441-7 pubmed..Candidates for mutations in the MFT gene are patients with a clinical suspicion of MADD but without any mutation in the alpha- or beta-subunit of ETF or ETF-DH. ..
- Reyes F, León G, Donoso M, Brandizzi F, Weber A, Orellana A. The nucleotide sugar transporters AtUTr1 and AtUTr3 are required for the incorporation of UDP-glucose into the endoplasmic reticulum, are essential for pollen development and are needed for embryo sac progress in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2010;61:423-35 pubmed publisher
- Kirchberger S, Tjaden J, Neuhaus H. Characterization of the Arabidopsis Brittle1 transport protein and impact of reduced activity on plant metabolism. Plant J. 2008;56:51-63 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data indicate that AtBT1 is a plastidial nucleotide uniport carrier protein that is strictly required to export newly synthesized adenylates into the cytosol. ..
- Gerwe B, Kelley L, Dillard B, Lai T, Liu Z, Tempel W, et al. Structural and transcriptional analyses of a purine nucleotide-binding protein from Pyrococcus furiosus: a component of a novel, membrane-bound multiprotein complex unique to this hyperthermophilic archaeon. J Struct Funct Genomics. 2007;8:1-10 pubmed..The related PF1090-containing operon is unaffected by cold-shock and is independently regulated. ..
- Okada S, Ribeiro C, Sesma J, Seminario Vidal L, Abdullah L, van Heusden C, et al. Inflammation promotes airway epithelial ATP release via calcium-dependent vesicular pathways. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2013;49:814-20 pubmed publisher..We propose that CF airway inflammation up-regulates the capacity of airway epithelia to release ATP via Ca(2+)-dependent vesicular mechanisms not associated with mucin granule secretion. ..
- Capul A, Barron T, Dobson D, Turco S, Beverley S. Two functionally divergent UDP-Gal nucleotide sugar transporters participate in phosphoglycan synthesis in Leishmania major. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:14006-17 pubmed..Identification of these key NSTs in Leishmania will facilitate the dissection of glycoconjugate synthesis and its role(s) in the parasite life cycle and further our understanding of NSTs generally. ..
- Thevenieau F, Le Dall M, Nthangeni B, Mauersberger S, Marchal R, Nicaud J. Characterization of Yarrowia lipolytica mutants affected in hydrophobic substrate utilization. Fungal Genet Biol. 2007;44:531-42 pubmed..Mutants N046 and B095 (AlkAc: C10+ C16-) were disrupted for the ABC transporter encoded by ABC1 gene, thus providing first evidence for its participation in chain length dependent alkane transport processes. ..
- Handford M, Rodriguez Furlan C, Orellana A. Nucleotide-sugar transporters: structure, function and roles in vivo. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2006;39:1149-58 pubmed..These results suggest that, even though there appear to be a fair number of genes encoding for NSTs, they are not functionally redundant and seem to play specific roles in glycosylation. ..
- Wong N, Yap M, Wang D. Enhancing recombinant glycoprotein sialylation through CMP-sialic acid transporter over expression in Chinese hamster ovary cells. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2006;93:1005-16 pubmed..These multiprong approaches can possibly bring us closer toward the goal of maximum and consistent sialylation in glycoprotein production using mammalian cells. ..
- Ashikov A, Routier F, Fuhlrott J, Helmus Y, Wild M, Gerardy Schahn R, et al. The human solute carrier gene SLC35B4 encodes a bifunctional nucleotide sugar transporter with specificity for UDP-xylose and UDP-N-acetylglucosamine. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:27230-5 pubmed..Because decarboxylation of UDP-GlcA is known to produce UDP-Xyl directly in the endoplasmic reticulum and Golgi lumen, our data demonstrate that two ways exist to deliver UDP-Xyl to the Golgi apparatus. ..
- Ishida N, Ito M, Yoshioka S, Sun Wada G, Kawakita M. Functional expression of human golgi CMP-sialic acid transporter in the Golgi complex of a transporter-deficient Chinese hamster ovary cell mutant. J Biochem. 1998;124:171-8 pubmed..Plasma membrane-selective permeabilization combined with immunofluorescence microscopy provided strong evidence that the C-terminus of the human CMP-Sia transporter is exposed to the cytosol on the outer surface of the Golgi membrane. ..
- Chung K, Daub M, Ehrenshaft M. Expression of the cercosporin toxin resistance gene ( CRG1) as a dicistronic mRNA in the filamentous fungus Cercospora nicotianae. Curr Genet. 2003;43:415-24 pubmed..Taken together, we conclude that the 4.5-kb transcript is a dicistronic mRNA of both CRG1 and PUT1 in the fungus C. nicotianae. This is the first example of a dicistronic mRNA identified in filamentous fungi. ..
- Kainuma M, Chiba Y, Takeuchi M, Jigami Y. Overexpression of HUT1 gene stimulates in vivo galactosylation by enhancing UDP-galactose transport activity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 2001;18:533-41 pubmed..These results suggest a role for Hut1p in the transport of UDP--galactose from the cytosol into the Golgi lumen in S. cerevisiae. ..
- Jund R, Weber E, Chevallier M. Primary structure of the uracil transport protein of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Eur J Biochem. 1988;171:417-24 pubmed..Using the results of three different methods, allowing the prediction of transmembrane alpha helices in proteic sequences, we drew a model of folding of the permease in the membrane. ..
- Dejima K, Murata D, Mizuguchi S, Nomura K, Izumikawa T, Kitagawa H, et al. Two Golgi-resident 3'-Phosphoadenosine 5'-phosphosulfate transporters play distinct roles in heparan sulfate modifications and embryonic and larval development in Caenorhabditis elegans. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:24717-28 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that pst-1 and pst-2 play different physiological roles in heparan sulfate modification and development. ..
- Song Z. Roles of the nucleotide sugar transporters (SLC35 family) in health and disease. Mol Aspects Med. 2013;34:590-600 pubmed publisher..The transport role of NSTs is essential to glycosylation and development. Mutations in two NST genes, SLC35A1 and SLC35C1, have been related to congenital disorder of glycosylation II (CDG II). ..
- Urban Grimal D, Pinson B, Chevallier J, Haguenauer Tsapis R. Replacement of Lys by Glu in a transmembrane segment strongly impairs the function of the uracil permease from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochem J. 1995;308 ( Pt 3):847-51 pubmed..Lys-272 is fully conserved in the uracil permease family and is predicted to lie in the fourth transmembrane segment of the protein. It seems to be essential for both efficient uracil binding and translocation. ..
- Jung J, Shin Y, Konishi H, Lee S, Kiyama H. Possible ATP release through lysosomal exocytosis from primary sensory neurons. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;430:488-93 pubmed publisher..Thus, these findings suggest that ATP release via the lysosomal exocytosis may be one of the pathways for ATP release in response to stimulation. ..
- Song W, Wu C, Liu P, Xiang R, Wang F, Dong Y, et al. Characterization of basal and morphine-induced uridine release in the striatum: an in vivo microdialysis study in mice. Neurochem Res. 2013;38:153-61 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that morphine produces a ?-opioid receptor-mediated uridine release via nucleoside transporters in a TTX- and calcium-independent manner. ..
- Eckhardt M, Muhlenhoff M, Bethe A, Gerardy Schahn R. Expression cloning of the Golgi CMP-sialic acid transporter. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:7572-6 pubmed..Our results, together with the observation that the cloned gene shares structural similarities to other recently cloned transporter proteins, strongly suggest that the isolated cDNA encodes the CMP-sialic acid transporter. ..
- Zhang W, Chan K, Song Z, Matlashewski G. Expression of a Leishmaniadonovani nucleotide sugar transporter in Leishmaniamajor enhances survival in visceral organs. Exp Parasitol. 2011;129:337-45 pubmed publisher..major may have been associated with reduced virulence in visceral organs in its animal reservoir and could have contributed to L.major's tropism for cutaneous infections. ..
- Ishikawa H, Ayukawa T, Nakayama M, Higashi S, Kamiyama S, Nishihara S, et al. Two pathways for importing GDP-fucose into the endoplasmic reticulum lumen function redundantly in the O-fucosylation of Notch in Drosophila. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:4122-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that two pathways for the nucleotide sugar supply, involving two nucleotide sugar transporters with distinct characteristics and distributions, contribute to the O-fucosylation of Notch. ..
- Haferkamp I, Fernie A, Neuhaus H. Adenine nucleotide transport in plants: much more than a mitochondrial issue. Trends Plant Sci. 2011;16:507-15 pubmed publisher..We include recent scientific findings concerning organellar transporters from plants and algae and also focus on the physiological importance of adenine nucleotide exchange in these cells. ..
- Sathe M, Woo K, Kresge C, Bugde A, Luby Phelps K, Lewis M, et al. Regulation of purinergic signaling in biliary epithelial cells by exocytosis of SLC17A9-dependent ATP-enriched vesicles. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:25363-76 pubmed publisher..The findings are consistent with the existence of an SLC17A9-dependent ATP-enriched vesicular pool in biliary epithelium that undergoes regulated exocytosis to initiate purinergic signaling. ..
- Feng J, Lucchinetti E, Enkavi G, Wang Y, Gehrig P, Roschitzki B, et al. Tyrosine phosphorylation by Src within the cavity of the adenine nucleotide translocase 1 regulates ADP/ATP exchange in mitochondria. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2010;298:C740-8 pubmed publisher..Since "aromatic signatures" are typical for other mitochondrial carrier proteins with important biological functions, our results may be more general and applicable to these carriers. ..
- Tokunaga A, Tsukimoto M, Harada H, Moriyama Y, Kojima S. Involvement of SLC17A9-dependent vesicular exocytosis in the mechanism of ATP release during T cell activation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:17406-16 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, vesicular exocytosis of ATP appears to play a role in T cell activation and immune responses. ..
- Eckhardt M, Gerardy Schahn R. Molecular cloning of the hamster CMP-sialic acid transporter. Eur J Biochem. 1997;248:187-92 pubmed..A computer-based structural analysis of CMP-Sia-Tr proposes an eight transmembrane helix model with the N- and C-termini located on the cytosolic side of the Golgi membrane...
- Blackford A, Schwab R, Nieminuszczy J, Deans A, West S, Niedzwiedz W. The DNA translocase activity of FANCM protects stalled replication forks. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:2005-16 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data show that FANCM plays an essential role in maintaining chromosomal integrity by promoting the recovery of stalled replication forks and hence preventing tumourigenesis. ..