Genomes and Genes
cholesterol ester transfer proteins
Summary: Proteins that bind to and transfer CHOLESTEROL ESTERS between LIPOPROTEINS such as LOW-DENSITY LIPOPROTEINS and HIGH-DENSITY LIPOPROTEINS.
- Ramasamy I. Recent advances in physiological lipoprotein metabolism. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2014;52:1695-727 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes recent advances in knowledge of the molecular mechanisms regulating lipoprotein metabolism...
- Ference B, Kastelein J, Ginsberg H, Chapman M, Nicholls S, Ray K, et al. Association of Genetic Variants Related to CETP Inhibitors and Statins With Lipoprotein Levels and Cardiovascular Risk. JAMA. 2017;318:947-956 pubmed publisher..The clinical benefit of lowering LDL-C levels may therefore depend on the corresponding reduction in apoB-containing lipoprotein particles. ..
- Liutkeviciene R, Vilkeviciute A, Streleckiene G, Kriauciuniene L, Chaleckis R, Deltuva V. Associations of cholesteryl ester transfer protein (CETP) gene variants with predisposition to age-related macular degeneration. Gene. 2017;636:30-35 pubmed publisher..5-fold decreased risks of exudative AMD (p=0.001 and p=0.015, respectively). Our study identified two polymorphisms with a higher risk of AMD development (rs5882 and rs708272) and a protective polymorphism for AMD (rs3764261). ..
- Hope H, Heuvelman D, Duffin K, Smith C, Zablocki J, Schilling R, et al. Inhibition of cholesteryl ester transfer protein by substituted dithiobisnicotinic acid dimethyl ester: involvement Of a critical cysteine. J Lipid Res. 2000;41:1604-14 pubmed..These data indicate that Cys-13 is critical for the irreversible inactivation of CETP by SC-71952 and provides support for the structural model that places Cys-13 near the neutral lipid-binding site of CETP. ..
- Thomas T, Zhou H, Karmally W, Ramakrishnan R, Holleran S, Liu Y, et al. CETP (Cholesteryl Ester Transfer Protein) Inhibition With Anacetrapib Decreases Production of Lipoprotein(a) in Mildly Hypercholesterolemic Subjects. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:1770-1775 pubmed publisher..Anacetrapib reduces Lp(a) levels by decreasing its production. URL: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT00990808. ..
- Wong L, Levine T. Tubular lipid binding proteins (TULIPs) growing everywhere. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Res. 2017;1864:1439-1449 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Membrane Contact Sites edited by Christian Ungermann and Benoit Kornmann. ..
- Bagdade J, Barter P, Quiroga C, Alaupovic P. Effects of Torcetrapib and Statin Treatment on ApoC-III and Apoprotein-Defined Lipoprotein Subclasses (from the ILLUMINATE Trial). Am J Cardiol. 2017;119:1753-1756 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these findings provide further evidence that the untoward effects of torcetrapib were attributable to off-target effects and not related to disturbances in lipoprotein transport. ..
- Krishna R, Gheyas F, Liu Y, Hagen D, Walker B, Chawla A, et al. Chronic Administration of Anacetrapib Is Associated With Accumulation in Adipose and Slow Elimination. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2017;102:832-840 pubmed publisher..Because of its high lipophilicity, anacetrapib partitions into adipose tissue, this likely forms a drug reservoir that, in turn, contributes to the long residence time of the drug in plasma. ..
- Burgess S, Davey Smith G. Mendelian Randomization Implicates High-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol-Associated Mechanisms in Etiology of Age-Related Macular Degeneration. Ophthalmology. 2017;124:1165-1174 pubmed publisher..Some genetic evidence suggests that HDL-cholesterol is a causal risk factor for AMD risk and that increasing HDL-cholesterol (particularly via CETP inhibition) will increase AMD risk. ..
- Lincoff A, Nicholls S, Riesmeyer J, Barter P, Brewer H, Fox K, et al. Evacetrapib and Cardiovascular Outcomes in High-Risk Vascular Disease. N Engl J Med. 2017;376:1933-1942 pubmed publisher..Funded by Eli Lilly; ACCELERATE ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT01687998 .). ..
- Xue Z, Zhang Q, Yu W, Wen H, Hou X, Li D, et al. Potential Lipid-Lowering Mechanisms of Biochanin A. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;65:3842-3850 pubmed publisher..Moreover, molecular docking of BCA on cholesterol ester transfer protein (CETP) (Asn24 and Thr27 at the N-terminal; Ala274 and Phe270 at the C-terminal) gave new insights into the role of BCA in preventing cholesterol ester transport. ..
- Zhang J, Niimi M, Yang D, Liang J, Xu J, Kimura T, et al. Deficiency of Cholesteryl Ester Transfer Protein Protects Against Atherosclerosis in Rabbits. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:1068-1075 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence that genetic ablation of CETP activity protects against cholesterol diet-induced atherosclerosis in rabbits. ..
- Bowman L, Hopewell J, Chen F, Wallendszus K, Stevens W, Collins R, et al. Effects of Anacetrapib in Patients with Atherosclerotic Vascular Disease. N Engl J Med. 2017;377:1217-1227 pubmed publisher..Funded by Merck and others; Current Controlled Trials number, ISRCTN48678192 ; ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT01252953 ; and EudraCT number, 2010-023467-18 .). ..
- Carty C, Bhattacharjee S, Haessler J, Cheng I, Hindorff L, Aroda V, et al. Analysis of metabolic syndrome components in >15 000 african americans identifies pleiotropic variants: results from the population architecture using genomics and epidemiology study. Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2014;7:505-13 pubmed publisher..We also identify pleiotropic associations that may be clinically useful in patient risk profiling and for informing translational research of potential gene targets and medications. ..