Genomes and Genes
Summary: Components of the B-cell antigen receptor that function in B-cell antigen receptor heavy chain transport to the PLASMA MEMBRANE. They are expressed almost exclusively by B-LYMPHOCYTES and are markers for B-cell NEOPLASMS.
- Cavalcante A, Anbinder A, Pontes E, Carvalho Y. B-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma in the maxilla of a child: a rare case report. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009;38:1326-30 pubmed publisher..After the diagnosis of B-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma, the patient underwent chemotherapy, but died of leukoencephalopathy and demyelinization caused by high doses of methotrexate. ..
- Shulzhenko N, Morgun A, Matzinger P. Spontaneous mutation in the Cd79b gene leads to a block in B-lymphocyte development at the C' (early pre-B) stage. Genes Immun. 2009;10:722-6 pubmed publisher..As expected, we found no IgG or IgA in mutant mice. These results suggest that this CD79b-mutant strain may be a useful tool for immunological research in human immunodeficiencies. ..
- Sagawa M, Ueda Y, Sakuma H, Yoshimitsu Y, Matsubara F, Sakuma T. Organizing pneumonia with an enlarging tumor-like lesion: immunohistochemical study. Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2009;57:433-6 pubmed publisher..When a surgical resection is necessary for an enlarging abnormal pulmonary mass without any systemic inflammatory reaction or respiratory symptoms, a less invasive approach should be selected. ..
- Infantino S, Benz B, Waldmann T, Jung M, Schneider R, Reth M. Arginine methylation of the B cell antigen receptor promotes differentiation. J Exp Med. 2010;207:711-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, Igalpha arginine methylation can play an important role in specifying the outcome of BCR signaling. ..
- Zheng B, Fuji R, Elkins K, Yu S, Fuh F, Chuh J, et al. In vivo effects of targeting CD79b with antibodies and antibody-drug conjugates. Mol Cancer Ther. 2009;8:2937-46 pubmed publisher..These preclinical data suggest that targeting CD79b with antibodies or ADCs may provide safe and effective therapies for B-cell malignancies and autoimmune diseases. ..
- Kerns H, Ryu B, Stirling B, Sather B, Astrakhan A, Humblet Baron S, et al. B cell-specific lentiviral gene therapy leads to sustained B-cell functional recovery in a murine model of X-linked agammaglobulinemia. Blood. 2010;115:2146-55 pubmed publisher..These findings strongly support pursuit of B lineage-targeted LV gene therapy in human XLA. ..
- Jin L, Stolpa J, Young R, Pugh Bernard A, Refaeli Y, Cambier J. MHC class II structural requirements for the association with Igalpha/beta, and signaling of calcium mobilization and cell death. Immunol Lett. 2008;116:184-94 pubmed publisher..We propose that MHC II mediates cell death signaling via association with an undefined cell surface protein(s), whose interaction is partially dependent on alphaCP region. ..
- Sasaki Y, Kurosaki T. Immobile BCRs: the safety on the signal trigger. Immunity. 2010;32:143-4 pubmed publisher..In this issue of Immunity, Treanor et al. (2010) show that triggering of downstream responses is kept in check with BCR immobilization by actin. ..
- Aulbach A, Swenson C, Kiupel M. Optimized processing of fine-needle lymph node biopsies for automated immunostaining. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2010;22:383-8 pubmed..The ability to visually assess sample adequacy prior to sample submission may encourage more widespread use of immunocytochemical techniques. ..
- McHeyzer Williams L, Cool M, McHeyzer Williams M. Antigen-specific B cell memory: expression and replenishment of a novel b220(-) memory b cell compartment. J Exp Med. 2000;191:1149-66 pubmed..Thus, we identify new cellular components of B cell memory and propose a model for long-term protective immunity that is regulated by a complex balance of committed memory B cells with subspecialized immune function. ..
- Teng Y, Levarht E, Toes R, Huizinga T, van Laar J. Residual inflammation after rituximab treatment is associated with sustained synovial plasma cell infiltration and enhanced B cell repopulation. Ann Rheum Dis. 2009;68:1011-6 pubmed publisher..005) compared to the HiA group. The present study demonstrated that a low disease activity state following rituximab was associated with reduced infiltration of CD79a+ CD20- plasma cells in synovium and reduced B cell repopulation. ..
- Verkoczy L, Moody M, Holl T, Bouton Verville H, Scearce R, Hutchinson J, et al. Functional, non-clonal IgMa-restricted B cell receptor interactions with the HIV-1 envelope gp41 membrane proximal external region. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7215 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that low avidity, non-paratopic interactions between the gp41 MPER and membrane Ig on naïve B cells may interfere with or divert bnAb responses. ..
- Leffers N, Gooden M, Mokhova A, Kast W, Boezen H, ten Hoor K, et al. Down-regulation of proteasomal subunit MB1 is an independent predictor of improved survival in ovarian cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2009;113:256-63 pubmed publisher..To investigate the expression and to determine the prognostic impact of components of the antigen processing and presentation pathway (APPP) in ovarian cancer...
- Dimou J, Jithoo R, Tsui A, Morokoff A. Spinal cord compression as the initial presentation of acute biphenotypic leukaemia. J Clin Neurosci. 2009;16:1696-8 pubmed publisher..While central nervous system involvement with acute leukaemia is well recognised, this is the first reported patient with spinal cord compression secondary to this leukaemia subtype. ..
- Bennett M, Schechter G. Treatment of splenic marginal zone lymphoma: splenectomy versus rituximab. Semin Hematol. 2010;47:143-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that splenectomy should no longer be considered as initial therapy for SMZL but rather as palliative therapy for patients not responsive to immunotherapy with or without chemotherapy. ..
- AbdullGaffar B, Kamal M, Khalid M, Samuel R, AlAbsi N, AlAwadi F. Can kidney posttransplant lymphoproliferative disorder be detected in voided urine? A case report. Acta Cytol. 2010;54:221-4 pubmed..Diagnosis and proper subclassification of kidney PTLPD should be confirmed by histologic tissue study with supportive ancillary studies--e.g., immunohistochemistry and flow cytometry. ..
- Hombach J, Tsubata T, Leclercq L, Stappert H, Reth M. Molecular components of the B-cell antigen receptor complex of the IgM class. 1990. J Immunol. 2009;183:1505-7 pubmed
- Cantor A, Moschos S, Jukic D. A principal case of multiple lymphoid collision tumors involving both B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia and metastatic malignant melanoma. Dermatol Online J. 2010;16:6 pubmed..Possible explanations regarding the mechanisms that can lead to this rare presentation of both CLL/B-SLL and melanoma in the same lymph nodes are discussed. ..
- Davis R, Ngo V, Lenz G, Tolar P, Young R, Romesser P, et al. Chronic active B-cell-receptor signalling in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Nature. 2010;463:88-92 pubmed publisher..These findings establish chronic active BCR signalling as a new pathogenetic mechanism in ABC DLBCL, suggesting several therapeutic strategies. ..
- Conley M, Dobbs A, Farmer D, Kilic S, Paris K, Grigoriadou S, et al. Primary B cell immunodeficiencies: comparisons and contrasts. Annu Rev Immunol. 2009;27:199-227 pubmed publisher..Identifying the genetic and environmental factors that influence the clinical phenotype may enhance patient care and our understanding of normal B cell development. ..
- Radaev S, Zou Z, Tolar P, Nguyen K, Nguyen A, Krueger P, et al. Structural and functional studies of Igalphabeta and its assembly with the B cell antigen receptor. Structure. 2010;18:934-43 pubmed publisher..These studies provide the first structural model for understanding BCR function. ..
- Dornan D, Bennett F, Chen Y, Dennis M, Eaton D, Elkins K, et al. Therapeutic potential of an anti-CD79b antibody-drug conjugate, anti-CD79b-vc-MMAE, for the treatment of non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Blood. 2009;114:2721-9 pubmed publisher..375 mg/kg vincristine, and oral dosing of 0.15 mg/kg prednisone once a day for 5 days), in 3 xenograft models of NHL. Together, these data suggest that anti-CD79b-vcMMAE could be broadly efficacious for the treatment of NHL. ..
- Duncan L, Webster K, Gupta V, Nair S, Deane E. Molecular characterisation of the CD79a and CD79b subunits of the B cell receptor complex in the gray short-tailed opossum (Monodelphis domestica) and tammar wallaby (Macropus eugenii): Delayed B cell immunocompetence in marsupial neonates. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2010;136:235-47 pubmed publisher..The molecular information presented here will allow further investigation of the role of the CD79 subunits in marsupial B cell signaling, especially during ontogeny and disease. ..
- Szuba A, Koba M, Rzeszutko M, Rzeszutko W, Dziegiel P, Loboda A, et al. Cutaneous angiogenesis in patient with intravascular lymphoma (IVL): A case report. Dermatol Online J. 2010;16:2 pubmed..The final diagnosis of intravascular malignant lymphoma (IVL) was established post-mortem after morphological and immunohistochemical studies of the autopsy material. ..
- Miyazaki T, Ishiguro T, Ishibashi K, Itoyama S, Ishida H. Mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma of the appendix vermiformis. Int Surg. 2010;95:27-32 pubmed..This is the sixth documented case of primary MALT lymphoma of the appendix. The spectrum of sites in which gastrointestinal MALT lymphomas occur should be expanded to include the appendix. ..
- Heizmann B, Reth M, Infantino S. Syk is a dual-specificity kinase that self-regulates the signal output from the B-cell antigen receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:18563-8 pubmed publisher..This finding identifies Syk as a dual-specificity kinase and establishes a previously unexplored paradigm for the self-regulation of biological signaling processes. ..
- Beytut E. Sheep pox virus induces proliferation of type II pneumocytes in the lungs. J Comp Pathol. 2010;143:132-41 pubmed publisher..The results of this study show that sheep pox virus induces marked proliferation of type II pneumocytes and bronchiolar epithelial cells and that the lung lesions in diseased lambs are mainly proliferative...
- Cao X, Li J, Cai H, Zhang W, Duan M, Zhou D. Patients with primary breast and primary female genital tract diffuse large B cell lymphoma have a high frequency of MYD88 and CD79B mutations. Ann Hematol. 2017;96:1867-1871 pubmed publisher..Patients with primary breast and primary female genital tract DLBCL have a high frequency of MYD88 and CD79B mutations. The presence of these mutations does not affect survival but may offer additional therapeutic options. ..
- Kinoshita M, Hashimoto N, Izumoto S, Okita Y, Kagawa N, Maruno M, et al. Immunohistological profiling by B-cell differentiation status of primary central nervous system lymphoma treated by high-dose methotrexate chemotherapy. J Neurooncol. 2010;99:95-101 pubmed publisher..17 log-rank). Our results imply that different B-cell stages in PCNSL have significant relevance in terms of biological behavior. However, clinical use as a prognostic marker requires further investigation. ..