Genomes and Genes
Summary: Immunoglobulins induced by antigens specific for tumors other than the normally occurring HISTOCOMPATIBILITY ANTIGENS.
- Scheinberg P, Fischer S, Li L, Nunez O, Wu C, Sloand E, et al. Distinct EBV and CMV reactivation patterns following antibody-based immunosuppressive regimens in patients with severe aplastic anemia. Blood. 2007;109:3219-24 pubmed
- Bloom D, Chang Z, Fechner J, Dar W, Polster S, Pascual J, et al. CD4+ CD25+ FOXP3+ regulatory T cells increase de novo in kidney transplant patients after immunodepletion with Campath-1H. Am J Transplant. 2008;8:793-802 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that Campath-1H promotes an increase in peripheral Tregs and may act as an intrinsic generator of Tregs in vivo. ..
- De Monte L, Sanvito F, Olivieri S, Viganò F, Doglioni C, Frasson M, et al. Serological immunoreactivity against colon cancer proteome varies upon disease progression. J Proteome Res. 2008;7:504-14 pubmed publisher..The expression of these proteins was either confined or increased in tumor as compared to normal mucosa. ..
- Ohno Y, Suda K, Masuko K, Yagi H, Hashimoto Y, Masuko T. Production and characterization of highly tumor-specific rat monoclonal antibodies recognizing the extracellular domain of human L-type amino-acid transporter 1. Cancer Sci. 2008;99:1000-7 pubmed publisher..Comparative immunohistochemical analyses of normal human tissues with anti-CD98 hc and anti-LAT1 revealed LAT1 to be an excellent molecular target for antibody therapy, possibly even superior to CD98 hc. ..
- Seok Y, Kim K, Yoo K, Hwang Bo J, Lee H, Shon D, et al. Expression and immunogenicity of a recombinant chimeric protein of human colorectal cancer antigen GA733-2 and an Fc antibody fragment in stably transformed Drosophila melanogaster S2 cells. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2010;162:1435-45 pubmed publisher..Secretory recombinant GA733-2-Fc from Drosophila S2 cell systems can be used as an effective experimental antigen for research in cancer vaccine development. ..
- Lu J, Zhang Q, Liang C, Xia S, Zhong C, Wang D. Antitumor immunity by a dendritic cell vaccine encoding secondary lymphoid chemokine and tumor lysate on murine prostate cancer. Asian J Androl. 2008;10:883-9 pubmed publisher..01). DC vaccine encoding secondary lymphoid chemokine and tumor lysate can elicit significant antitumor immunity by infiltration of CD4(+), CD8(+) T cell and DC, which might provide a potential immunotherapy method for prostate cancer. ..
- Kawanani T, Katou T. [Progress in diagnosis of and therapy for paraneoplastic neurological syndrome of central nervous system]. Nihon Naika Gakkai Zasshi. 2008;97:1764-70 pubmed
- Safdar N, Smith J, Knasinski V, Sherkow C, Herrforth C, Knechtle S, et al. Infections after the use of alemtuzumab in solid organ transplant recipients: a comparative study. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2010;66:7-15 pubmed publisher..76; 95% CI, 1.58-14.28; P = .003). Basiliximab posed a higher risk than alemtuzumab for infection. Disseminated candidal infections were more common in patients receiving alemtuzumab. ..
- Garcia Casado J, Janda J, Wei J, Chapatte L, Colombetti S, Alves P, et al. Lentivector immunization induces tumor antigen-specific B and T cell responses in vivo. Eur J Immunol. 2008;38:1867-76 pubmed publisher..The induced CD4+ T cells were primarily directed against a single NY-ESO-1 epitope spanning amino acids 81-100. Altogether, our study shows that rLV/ESO induces potent and comprehensive immune responses in vivo. ..
- Chu C, Catera R, Zhang L, Didier S, Agagnina B, Damle R, et al. Many chronic lymphocytic leukemia antibodies recognize apoptotic cells with exposed nonmuscle myosin heavy chain IIA: implications for patient outcome and cell of origin. Blood. 2010;115:3907-15 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that a large proportion of CLL clones emerge from natural antibody-producing cells expressing immunoglobulins that recognize MEACs, and that this reactivity is associated with poor clinical outcome. ..
- Oshima K, Kanda Y, Kako S, Asano Mori Y, Watanabe T, Motokura T, et al. Case report: persistent cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection after haploidentical hematopoietic stem cell transplantation using in vivo alemtuzumab: emergence of resistant CMV due to mutations in the UL97 and UL54 genes. J Med Virol. 2008;80:1769-75 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the in vitro susceptibility assay as well as nucleotide sequence of clinical isolate is important to choose appropriate antiviral agents for patients who have persistent CMV reactivation after stem cell transplantation. ..
- Hashimoto N, Tsuboi A, Chiba Y, Izumoto S, Oka Y, Yoshimine T, et al. [Immunotherapy targeting the Wilms' tumor 1 gene product for patients with malignant brain tumors]. Brain Nerve. 2009;61:805-14 pubmed..Administration of WT1 vaccination along with other therapeutic modalities during initial treatment or in the case showing minimal residual disease may prolong the survival time of the cancer patients. ..
- Kawachi I. [Systematic approach to diagnosis of paraneoplastic neurological syndromes]. Nihon Naika Gakkai Zasshi. 2008;97:1823-9 pubmed
- Ehling R, Berger T, Reindl M. Multiple sclerosis - established and novel therapeutic approaches. Cent Nerv Syst Agents Med Chem. 2010;10:3-15 pubmed..This will pave the way for an optimized treatment approach, which will likely need both to target inflammation and to focus on promotion of neuroprotection and repair. ..
- Rodrigues E, Farah M, Maia M, Penha F, Regatieri C, Melo G, et al. Therapeutic monoclonal antibodies in ophthalmology. Prog Retin Eye Res. 2009;28:117-44 pubmed publisher..The role of mAbs within ophthalmic treatments will be defined according to future clinical experience and the results of randomized clinical trials. ..
- Di Pauli F, Berger T, Reindl M. Monoclonal antibodies in the treatment of multiple sclerosis. Curr Med Chem. 2009;16:4858-68 pubmed..With their high target specificity and efficacy monoclonal antibodies are a promising treatment approach in MS. This review summarizes the present knowledge on the use, effectiveness and safety of monoclonal antibodies in MS treatment. ..
- Sollinger H, Sundberg A, Leverson G, Voss B, Pirsch J. Mycophenolate mofetil versus enteric-coated mycophenolate sodium: a large, single-center comparison of dose adjustments and outcomes in kidney transplant recipients. Transplantation. 2010;89:446-51 pubmed publisher..Several studies have demonstrated that dose alterations with MMF are associated with poorer graft outcomes...
- Chakraverty R, Orti G, Roughton M, Shen J, Fielding A, Kottaridis P, et al. Impact of in vivo alemtuzumab dose before reduced intensity conditioning and HLA-identical sibling stem cell transplantation: pharmacokinetics, GVHD, and immune reconstitution. Blood. 2010;116:3080-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, alemtuzumab dose reduction to 30 mg is safe in the context of reduced intensity conditioning and HLA-identical sibling transplantation. This trial was registered at http://www.ncrn.org.uk as UKCRN study 1415. ..
- Quintas Cardama A, O Brien S. Targeted therapy for chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Target Oncol. 2009;4:11-21 pubmed publisher..The judicious use of these agents provides the opportunity to develop risk-adapted therapeutic strategies to optimize responses and quality of life in patients with CLL. ..
- Elbayoumi T, Torchilin V. Tumor-targeted nanomedicines: enhanced antitumor efficacy in vivo of doxorubicin-loaded, long-circulating liposomes modified with cancer-specific monoclonal antibody. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:1973-80 pubmed publisher..Our results showed the remarkable capability of 2C5-targeted Doxil to specifically deliver its cargo into various tumors, significantly increasing the efficacy of therapy. ..
- Scanlan M. Identification of human tumor antigens by serological analysis of recombinant cDNA expression libraries (SEREX). Curr Protoc Immunol. 2005;Chapter 20:Unit 20.7 pubmed publisher..Application of this technique has led to the discovery of a number of provocative tumor antigens. ..
- Dimov N, Medeiros L, Kantarjian H, Cortes J, Chang K, Bueso Ramos C, et al. Rapid and reliable confirmation of acute promyelocytic leukemia by immunofluorescence staining with an antipromyelocytic leukemia antibody: the M. D. Anderson Cancer Center experience of 349 patients. Cancer. 2010;116:369-76 pubmed publisher
- Baskar S, Suschak J, Samija I, Srinivasan R, Childs R, Pavletic S, et al. A human monoclonal antibody drug and target discovery platform for B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia based on allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation and phage display. Blood. 2009;114:4494-502 pubmed publisher..Trials described herein were registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as nos. NCT00055744 and NCT00003838. ..
- Halaburda K, Marianska B, Warzocha K, Nasilowska Adamska B, Szczepinski A, Tomaszewska A, et al. Clinical evaluation of busulfan, cladribine and alemtuzumab as reduced intensity conditioning for stem cell transplantation. Ann Transplant. 2009;14:7-12 pubmed..Better methodology of chimerism evaluation is mandatory to improve results of transplantations by implementation donor lymphocyte infusions. ..
- Lick S, Vaidya S, Kollar A, Boor P, Vertrees R. Peri-operative alemtuzumab (Campath-1H) and plasmapheresis for high-PRA positive lymphocyte crossmatch heart transplant: a strategy to shorten left ventricular assist device support. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2008;27:1036-9 pubmed publisher..Expanded use of this strategy could shorten LVAD support in many sensitized patients. ..
- Novitzky N, Thomas V, du Toit C, McDonald A. In stem cell transplantation, by limiting the morbidity of graft-versus-host disease tolerance to myeloablative conditioning is improved. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2008;14:709-18 pubmed publisher..By reducing the incidence and severity of GvHD, T-cell depletion of grafts leads to greater tolerance to myeloablative chemotherapy, resulting in acceptable TRM. This strategy should be compared with the RIC approaches. ..
- Chu K, Cheng C, Ye X, Lee Y, Zurita A, Chen D, et al. Cadherin-11 promotes the metastasis of prostate cancer cells to bone. Mol Cancer Res. 2008;6:1259-67 pubmed publisher..Cadherin-11 expression was not detected in metastatic lesions that occur in other organs. Collectively, these findings suggest that cadherin-11 is involved in the metastasis of prostate cancer cells to bone. ..
- Bassetti M, Repetto E, Mikulska M, Miglino M, Clavio M, Gobbi M, et al. Cryptococcus neoformans fatal sepsis in a chronic lymphocytic leukemia patient treated with alemtuzumab: case report and review of the literature. J Chemother. 2009;21:211-4 pubmed..The international literature regarding opportunistic infections after immunosuppressive therapy with alemtuzumab with particular attention on fungal infections has also been reviewed...
- Clatworthy M, Friend P, Calne R, Rebello P, Hale G, Waldmann H, et al. Alemtuzumab (CAMPATH-1H) for the treatment of acute rejection in kidney transplant recipients: long-term follow-up. Transplantation. 2009;87:1092-5 pubmed publisher..06). There was no excess incidence of malignancy or cytomegalovirus infection in this prolonged follow-up period. ..
- Matthews K, Lim Z, Pearce L, Pagliuca A, Alejandro Madrigal J, Mufti G, et al. Rapid recovery of lymphocyte subsets is not associated with protection from relapse of myelodysplastic syndromes and acute myeloid leukaemia after haematopoietic stem cell transplantation using a reduced intensity conditioning regimen and alemtuzumab. Br J Haematol. 2010;149:879-89 pubmed publisher
- Robak T. Alemtuzumab for B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 2008;8:1033-51 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the European Commission recently granted marketing authorization to alemtuzumab for the treatment of patients with B-CLL for whom fludarabine combination monotherapy is not appropriate. ..
- Chiereghin A, Gabrielli L, Zanfi C, Petrisli E, Lauro A, Piccirilli G, et al. Monitoring cytomegalovirus T-cell immunity in small bowel/multivisceral transplant recipients. Transplant Proc. 2010;42:69-73 pubmed publisher..Simultaneous monitoring of CMV infection and CMV-specific T-cell immunity predicts T-cell-mediated control of CMV infection. ..
- Shigematsu Y, Hanagiri T, Kuroda K, Baba T, Mizukami M, Ichiki Y, et al. Malignant mesothelioma-associated antigens recognized by tumor-infiltrating B cells and the clinical significance of the antibody titers. Cancer Sci. 2009;100:1326-34 pubmed publisher..The titers of the antibodies against Gene-X and THBS-2 could be used as tumor markers for the diagnosis and follow up of patients with MPM. ..
- Oko A, Wyrwicz L, Glyda M, Idasiak Piechocka I, Binczak Kuleta A, Kaczmarczyk M, et al. CD52 gene polymorphism and its potential effect on the response to alemtuzumab in renal transplant recipients. Ann Acad Med Stetin. 2009;55:22-6 pubmed..Our bioinformatics findings suggest that CD52 polymorphism may affect the efficiency of GPI anchor formation and thus may indirectly alter the response to anti-CD52 agents. ..
- Wu D, Haruta A, Wei Q. GIPC1 interacts with MyoGEF and promotes MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cell invasion. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:28643-50 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results suggest that GIPC1-MyoGEF complex formation plays an important role in regulating MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cell polarization and invasion...
- Pascual J, Bloom D, Torrealba J, Brahmbhatt R, Chang Z, Sollinger H, et al. Calcineurin inhibitor withdrawal after renal transplantation with alemtuzumab: clinical outcomes and effect on T-regulatory cells. Am J Transplant. 2008;8:1529-36 pubmed publisher..With the exception of maintaining increased Treg levels, the benefits are not appreciable in this short follow-up, and a larger randomized trial is justified. ..
- Wood A, Lappinga P, Ahmed I. Hepatocellular carcinoma metastatic to skin: diagnostic utility of antihuman hepatocyte antibody in combination with albumin in situ hybridization. J Cutan Pathol. 2009;36:262-6 pubmed publisher..The combination of antihuman hepatocyte antibody and albumin ISH is highly sensitive and specific for HCC metastatic to skin and is useful in the differential diagnosis of a poorly differentiated cytokeratin-positive neoplasm. ..
- Patel R, Subramaniam R, Mandrekar J, Hammack J, Lowe V, Jett J. Occult malignancy in patients with suspected paraneoplastic neurologic syndromes: value of positron emission tomography in diagnosis. Mayo Clin Proc. 2008;83:917-22 pubmed publisher..To determine the value of positron emission tomography (PET) in diagnosing occult malignancies in patients with paraneoplastic neurologic syndromes (PNSs) at Mayo Clinic's site in Rochester, MN...
- Alpízar Y, Ramírez B, Fernández D, Capote A, Hidalgo G, Rodríguez R, et al. HER1-ECD vaccination dispenses with emulsification to elicit HER1-specific anti-proliferative effects. Hum Vaccin. 2009;5:158-65 pubmed..Non-emulsive formulation also arrests cell cycle in G(0)/G(1) stage, demonstrating it preserves previous formulation quality in a newer and simpler formulation. ..
- Sendra V, Zlocowski N, Ditamo Y, Copioli S, Tarp M, Bennett E, et al. Glycan bioengineering in immunogen design for tumor T antigen immunotargeting. Mol Immunol. 2009;46:3445-53 pubmed publisher..These results show that TFD bioengineering is a useful immunogenic strategy with potential application in cancer therapy. The same approach can be extended to other glycan immunogens for immunotargeting purposes. ..
- Weisel K, Weidmann E, Anagnostopoulos I, Kanz L, Pezzutto A, Subklewe M. Epstein-Barr virus-associated B-cell lymphoma secondary to FCD-C therapy in patients with peripheral T-cell lymphoma. Int J Hematol. 2008;88:434-440 pubmed publisher..We suggest to monitor the cellular immune status in combination with the EBV load in high risk patients for early detection-and possibly intervention-of EBV-associated lymphoma. ..
- Tam C, Khouri I. The role of stem cell transplantation in the management of chronic lymphocytic leukaemia. Hematol Oncol. 2009;27:53-60 pubmed publisher..We review the results of myeloablative autologous and allogeneic SCT in CLL, discuss the evolution of the new non-myeloablative approaches, and make recommendations for when SCT should be considered in patients with CLL. ..
- Sultana A, Shore S, Raraty M, Vinjamuri S, Evans J, Smith C, et al. Randomised Phase I/II trial assessing the safety and efficacy of radiolabelled anti-carcinoembryonic antigen I(131) KAb201 antibodies given intra-arterially or intravenously in patients with unresectable pancreatic adenocarcinoma. BMC Cancer. 2009;9:66 pubmed publisher..79). One patient was still alive at the time of this analysis. Dose limiting toxicity for KAb201 with I(131) by the intra-arterial route was 50 mCi, while dose limiting toxicity was not reached in the intravenous arm. ..