Genomes and Genes
immunoglobulin gamma chains
Summary: Heavy chains of IMMUNOGLOBULIN G having a molecular weight of approximately 51 kDa. They contain about 450 amino acid residues arranged in four domains and an oligosaccharide component covalently bound to the Fc fragment constant region. The gamma heavy chain subclasses (for example, gamma 1, gamma 2a, and gamma 2b) of the IMMUNOGLOBULIN G isotype subclasses (IgG1, IgG2A, and IgG2B) resemble each other more closely than the heavy chains of the other IMMUNOGLOBULIN ISOTYPES.
- Adekar S, Klyubin I, Macy S, Rowan M, Solomon A, Dessain S, et al. Inherent anti-amyloidogenic activity of human immunoglobulin gamma heavy chains. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:1066-74 pubmed publisher..Moreover, establishing the molecular basis for heavy chain-amyloidogenic conformer interactions should advance understanding on the types of interactions that these pathologic assemblies have with biological molecules. ..
- Long M, Luo J, Li Y, Zeng F, Li M. Detection and evaluation of antibodies against neutrophil-activating protein of Helicobacter pylori in patients with gastric cancer. World J Gastroenterol. 2009;15:2381-8 pubmed..The direct effect of HP-NAP on gastric epithelial cells may be limited, but HP-NAP may contribute to inflammatory response or carcinogenesis by activating neutrophils. ..
- Ouellette D, Alessandri L, Piparia R, Aikhoje A, Chin A, Radziejewski C, et al. Elevated cleavage of human immunoglobulin gamma molecules containing a lambda light chain mediated by iron and histidine. Anal Biochem. 2009;389:107-17 pubmed publisher..Instead, we find elevation of a Fab+Fc fragment that began with aspartic acid (cleavage between C/D). Further studies to understand how iron and histidine enhance cleavage of lambda light chain IgG molecules are ongoing. ..
- Seo G, Park S, Kim P. Analyses of TGF-beta1-inducible Ig germ-line gamma2b promoter activity: involvement of Smads and NF-kappaB. Eur J Immunol. 2009;39:1157-66 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that there are multiple SBE relevant to GLgamma2b promoter activity and that NF-kappaB acts in cooperation with p300 to downregulate promoter activity through increasing the gene expression of inhibitory Smad7. ..
- Hebert D, Gierasch L. The molecular dating game: an antibody heavy chain hangs loose with a chaperone while waiting for its life partner. Mol Cell. 2009;34:635-6 pubmed publisher..In a recent issue of Molecular Cell, Feige et al. (2009) utilize the murine immunoglobulin system to shed light on a long-standing puzzle: how do cells coordinate folding of different polypeptides that ultimately form a complex? ..
- Chen Z, Huang X, Ye J, Pan P, Cao Q, Yang B, et al. Immunoglobulin G is present in a wide variety of soft tissue tumors and correlates well with proliferation markers and tumor grades. Cancer. 2010;116:1953-63 pubmed publisher..05). IgG was identified in a wide variety of soft tissue tumors and correlated well with proliferation markers and tumor grades. IgG may be a useful marker for cell proliferation in sarcomas. ..
- Holst A, Jensen G, Prescott E. Risk factors for venous thromboembolism: results from the Copenhagen City Heart Study. Circulation. 2010;121:1896-903 pubmed publisher..Obesity and smoking were both found to be important risk factors for VTE whereas total/high-density lipoprotein/low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels, triglyceride levels, and diabetes mellitus were not. ..
- Henseler R, Romer E, Sulentic C. Diverse chemicals including aryl hydrocarbon receptor ligands modulate transcriptional activity of the 3'immunoglobulin heavy chain regulatory region. Toxicology. 2009;261:9-18 pubmed publisher..Taken together these results implicate the 3'IgHRR as a sensitive immunological target and are the first to identify altered 3'IgHRR activation by a diverse range of chemicals. ..
- Lakey R, Morgan T, Rowan A, Isaacs J, Cawston T, Hilkens C. A novel paradigm for dendritic cells as effectors of cartilage destruction. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2009;48:502-7 pubmed publisher..We propose that DCs can act as effectors in cartilage destruction, adding a new aspect to the functional role of DCs in RA pathogenesis. ..
- Hui E, Boado R, Pardridge W. Tumor necrosis factor receptor-IgG fusion protein for targeted drug delivery across the human blood-brain barrier. Mol Pharm. 2009;6:1536-43 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these studies describe the re-engineering of the TNFR ECD to make this decoy receptor transportable across the human BBB. ..
- Richter A, Harding S, Huissoon A, Drayson M, Pratt G. Multiple myeloma with monoclonal free IgG3 heavy chains and free kappa light chains. Acta Haematol. 2010;123:158-61 pubmed publisher..This is the first description, investigation and treatment of MM with a plasma cell population producing truncated gamma(3)HC and kappaFLC M-proteins and illustrates a number of unique immunological and clinical features. ..