Summary: A fusion protein immunoconjugate of the extracellular domain of CTLA4 and the Fc domain of human IgG1. It functions as a T-cell co-stimulation blocker that inhibits TNF-ALPHA and prevents the activation of T-LYMPHOCYTES. It is used in the treatment of RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS.
- Mai H, Boeffard F, Longis J, Danger R, Martinet B, Haspot F, et al. IL-7 receptor blockade following T cell depletion promotes long-term allograft survival. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:1723-33 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that IL-7R blockade following T cell depletion has potential as a robust, immunosuppressive therapy in transplantation. ..
- Baliga P, Chavin K, Qin L, Woodward J, Lin J, Linsley P, et al. CTLA4Ig prolongs allograft survival while suppressing cell-mediated immunity. Transplantation. 1994;58:1082-90 pubmed..The most efficacious time of administration is during priming of the immune response at the time of antigen presentation. ..
- Verstappen G, Meiners P, Corneth O, Visser A, Arends S, Abdulahad W, et al. Attenuation of Follicular Helper T Cell-Dependent B Cell Hyperactivity by Abatacept Treatment in Primary Sjögren's Syndrome. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:1850-1861 pubmed publisherTo assess the effect of abatacept (CTLA-4Ig), which limits T cell activation, on homeostasis of CD4+ T cell subsets and T cell-dependent B cell hyperactivity in patients with primary Sjögren's syndrome (SS)...
- Read S, Malmstrom V, Powrie F. Cytotoxic T lymphocyte-associated antigen 4 plays an essential role in the function of CD25(+)CD4(+) regulatory cells that control intestinal inflammation. J Exp Med. 2000;192:295-302 pubmed..Identification of costimulatory molecules involved in the function of Treg cells may facilitate further characterization of these cells and development of new therapeutic strategies for the treatment of inflammatory diseases. ..
- Krummey S, Cheeseman J, Conger J, Jang P, Mehta A, Kirk A, et al. High CTLA-4 expression on Th17 cells results in increased sensitivity to CTLA-4 coinhibition and resistance to belatacept. Am J Transplant. 2014;14:607-14 pubmed..These data highlight important differences in costimulatory and coinhibitory requirements of CD4+ memory subsets, and demonstrate that the heterogeneity of pathogen-derived memory has implications for immunomodulation strategies. ..
- Riley J, Schlienger K, Blair P, Carreno B, Craighead N, Kim D, et al. Modulation of susceptibility to HIV-1 infection by the cytotoxic T lymphocyte antigen 4 costimulatory molecule. J Exp Med. 2000;191:1987-97 pubmed..Finally, CTLA-4 antibodies decrease the susceptibility of antigen-activated CD4 T cells to HIV, suggesting a potential approach to prevent or limit viral spread in HIV-1-infected individuals. ..
- Blair H, Deeks E. Abatacept: A Review in Rheumatoid Arthritis. Drugs. 2017;77:1221-1233 pubmed publisherThe biological DMARD (bDMARD) abatacept (Orencia®), a recombinant fusion protein, selectively modulates a co-stimulatory signal necessary for T-cell activation...
- Samson M, Bonnotte B. [From pathogenesis of giant cell arteritis to new therapeutic targets]. Rev Med Interne. 2017;38:670-678 pubmed publisher..Thanks to these advances in the knowledge of GCA pathogenesis, new therapeutic targets have emerged such as blockade of the activation of T cells or inhibition of the interleukin-6 (IL-6), IL-12/23 or IL-1? pathways. ..
- Lon H, Liu D, Dubois D, Almon R, Jusko W. Modeling pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics of abatacept and disease progression in collagen-induced arthritic rats: a population approach. J Pharmacokinet Pharmacodyn. 2013;40:701-12 pubmedThe PK/PD of abatacept, a selective T cell co-stimulation modulator, was examined in rats with collagen-induced arthritis (CIA) using a nonlinear mixed effect modeling approach...
- Harrold L, Litman H, Connolly S, Kelly S, Hua W, Alemao E, et al. A window of opportunity for abatacept in RA: is disease duration an independent predictor of low disease activity/remission in clinical practice?. Clin Rheumatol. 2017;36:1215-1220 pubmed publisher..predicts treatment response among biologic-naÃ¯ve patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) initiating abatacept in clinical practice...
- Walker L, Gulbranson Judge A, Flynn S, Brocker T, Raykundalia C, Goodall M, et al. Compromised OX40 function in CD28-deficient mice is linked with failure to develop CXC chemokine receptor 5-positive CD4 cells and germinal centers. J Exp Med. 1999;190:1115-22 pubmed..These data suggest that CD28-dependent OX40 ligation of CD4 T cells at the time of priming is linked with upregulation of CXCR5 expression, and migration of T cells into B cell areas to support germinal center formation. ..
- Gärdby E, Kagrdic D, Kjerrulf M, Bromander A, Vajdy M, Hornquist E, et al. The influence of costimulation and regulatory CD4+ T cells on intestinal IgA immune responses. Dev Immunol. 1998;6:53-60 pubmed..Thus, despite the various deficiencies in CD4+ T-cell functions seemingly intact IgA B-cell development was observed. ..
- Keser G, Aksu K. What is new in management of Takayasu arteritis?. Presse Med. 2017;46:e229-e235 pubmed publisher..Besides, there are potential new therapeutic targets which may be promising in the future for medical treatment of TAK. Finally, new trends in endovascular interventions for management of TAK deserve attention. ..