Genomes and Genes
Summary: Proteins that are present in blood serum, including SERUM ALBUMIN; BLOOD COAGULATION FACTORS; and many other types of proteins.
- Landegren U, Vänelid J, Hammond M, Nong R, Wu D, Ullerås E, et al. Opportunities for sensitive plasma proteome analysis. Anal Chem. 2012;84:1824-30 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, techniques are needed to search deep and wide for protein biomarker candidates. The requirements and feasibility of such assays will be discussed. ..
- Domanski D, Percy A, Yang J, Chambers A, Hill J, Freue G, et al. MRM-based multiplexed quantitation of 67 putative cardiovascular disease biomarkers in human plasma. Proteomics. 2012;12:1222-43 pubmed publisher..It is therefore well suited for CVD biomarker validation and discovery in plasma. ..
- Cao W, Zhang B, Li J, Liu Y, Liu Z, Sun B. SLP-2 overexpression could serve as a prognostic factor in node positive and HER2 negative breast cancer. Pathology. 2011;43:713-8 pubmed publisher..There is an obvious link between SLP-2 and HER2/neu expression. Overexpression of SLP-2 is associated with poorer total survival, especially in lymph node positive coupled with HER2/neu negative patients. ..
- Kassa F, Shio M, Bellemare M, Faye B, Ndao M, Olivier M. New inflammation-related biomarkers during malaria infection. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26495 pubmed publisher..The identification of these inflammation-related biomarkers in malaria paves the way to potentially utilize them as diagnostic and therapeutic targets. ..
- Ge C, Du J, Zhao L, Wang L, Liu Y, Li D, et al. Binding of blood proteins to carbon nanotubes reduces cytotoxicity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:16968-73 pubmed publisher..leukemia cell line and human umbilical vein endothelial cells, reveal that the competitive bindings of blood proteins on the SWCNT surface can greatly alter their cellular interaction pathways and result in much reduced ..
- Lapatsina L, Jira J, Smith E, Poole K, Kozlenkov A, Bilbao D, et al. Regulation of ASIC channels by a stomatin/STOML3 complex located in a mobile vesicle pool in sensory neurons. Open Biol. 2012;2:120096 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the molecular features of this vesicular pool may be characteristic of a 'transducosome' in sensory neurons. ..
- Lind Halldén C, Dahlén A, Hillarp A, Zöller B, Dahlback B, Hallden C. Small and large PROS1 deletions but no other types of rearrangements detected in patients with protein S deficiency. Thromb Haemost. 2012;108:94-100 pubmed publisher..Most deletions were different as determined by their sizes, locations and flanking haplotypes. FISH (8 families) and MLPA analysis (20 families) failed to identify other types of rearrangements. ..
- Aanaes K, Rasmussen N, Pressler T, Segelmark M, Johansen H, Lindberg U, et al. Extensive endoscopic image-guided sinus surgery decreases BPI-ANCA in patients with cystic fibrosis. Scand J Immunol. 2012;76:573-9 pubmed publisher..The results shown herein are in favour of applying EIGSS in selected patients with CF and for using BPI-ANCA as a surrogate marker for guiding further therapeutic interventions...
- Razavi M, Frick L, LaMarr W, Pope M, Miller C, Anderson N, et al. High-throughput SISCAPA quantitation of peptides from human plasma digests by ultrafast, liquid chromatography-free mass spectrometry. J Proteome Res. 2012;11:5642-9 pubmed publisher..The method is ideal for high-throughput biomarker validation after affinity enrichment and has the potential for applications in clinical laboratories. ..
- Roberts J, Pea F, Lipman J. The clinical relevance of plasma protein binding changes. Clin Pharmacokinet. 2013;52:1-8 pubmed publisher..We propose that further pharmacokinetic modelling-based research is required to enable the design of robust dosing regimens for drugs affected by altered protein binding. ..
- Li Y, Budamagunta M, Luo J, Xiao W, Voss J, Lam K. Probing of the assembly structure and dynamics within nanoparticles during interaction with blood proteins. ACS Nano. 2012;6:9485-95 pubmed publisherFully understanding the influence of blood proteins on the assembly structure and dynamics within nanoparticles is difficult because of the complexity of the system and the difficulty in probing the diverse elements and milieus involved...
- Liu Y, Liu P, Dai R, Wang J, Zheng Y, Shen J, et al. Analysis of plasma proteome from cases of the different traditional Chinese medicine syndromes in patients with chronic hepatitis B. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2012;59:173-8 pubmed publisher..05). Our results show that IGJ may serve as a novel potential biomarker for diagnosis of the different TCM syndromes in patients with CHB...
- Deng L, Jia H, Liu C, Hu K, Yin G, Ye J, et al. Analysis of differentially expressed proteins involved in hand, foot and mouth disease and normal sera. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2012;18:E188-96 pubmed publisher..These findings build up a comprehensive profile of the HFMD proteome and provide a useful basis for further analysis of the pathogenic mechanism and the regulatory network of HFMD. ..
- Selvaraju S, Rassi Z. Liquid-phase-based separation systems for depletion, prefractionation and enrichment of proteins in biological fluids and matrices for in-depth proteomics analysis--an update covering the period 2008-2011. Electrophoresis. 2012;33:74-88 pubmed publisher..Ninety-eight articles published in the period extending from early 2008 to the present have been reviewed. By no means is this review article exhaustive: its aim is to give a concise report on the latest developments in the field. ..
- Chew M, Linder A, Santen S, Ersson A, Herwald H, Thorlacius H. Increased plasma levels of heparin-binding protein in patients with shock: a prospective, cohort study. Inflamm Res. 2012;61:375-9 pubmed publisher..Heparin-binding protein (HBP) is a potent inducer of increased vascular permeability. The purpose of this study was to examine plasma levels of HBP in patients with shock...
- Cavnar P, Mogen K, Berthier E, Beebe D, Huttenlocher A. The actin regulatory protein HS1 interacts with Arp2/3 and mediates efficient neutrophil chemotaxis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:25466-77 pubmed publisher..Moreover, HS1 phosphorylation on Y222, Y378, and Y397 regulates its interaction with Arp2/3. Collectively, our findings identify a novel role for HS1 and its phosphorylation during neutrophil directed migration. ..
- Garcia Bailo B, Brenner D, Nielsen D, Lee H, Domanski D, Kuzyk M, et al. Dietary patterns and ethnicity are associated with distinct plasma proteomic groups. Am J Clin Nutr. 2012;95:352-61 pubmed publisher..Plasma proteomic groups differ between young adults of diverse ethnocultural groups with different dietary habits. These differences may partly account for different rates of cardiometabolic disease later in life. ..
- Martinez J, Liu L, Petranovic D, Nielsen J. Pharmaceutical protein production by yeast: towards production of human blood proteins by microbial fermentation. Curr Opin Biotechnol. 2012;23:965-71 pubmed publisher..and the current situation in the field of recombinant therapeutics using yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae as a model platform, and discusses the future potential of this platform for production of blood proteins and substitutes.
- Brand J, Smith E, Schwefel D, Lapatsina L, Poole K, Omerbasic D, et al. A stomatin dimer modulates the activity of acid-sensing ion channels. EMBO J. 2012;31:3635-46 pubmed publisher..The assembly mode of stomatin uncovered in this study might serve as a model to understand oligomerization processes of related membrane-remodelling proteins, such as flotillin and prohibitin. ..
- Miller E, Walczak A, Saluk J, Ponczek M, Majsterek I. Oxidative modification of patient's plasma proteins and its role in pathogenesis of multiple sclerosis. Clin Biochem. 2012;45:26-30 pubmed publisher..0005). The level of uric acid in plasma was significantly lower in RRMS (P<0.0001) than SPMS. This is the first report which presented differences between SPMS and RRMS patients in 3-NT and protein carbonyl groups in plasma proteins. ..
- Fernández Puente P, Mateos J, Fernández Costa C, Oreiro N, Fernández Lopez C, Ruiz Romero C, et al. Identification of a panel of novel serum osteoarthritis biomarkers. J Proteome Res. 2011;10:5095-101 pubmed publisher..The specificity and selectivity of these candidates need to be validated before new molecular diagnostic or prognostic tests for OA can be developed. ..
- Sierko E, Wojtukiewicz M, Zimnoch L, Ostrowska Cichocka K, Tokajuk P, Ramlau R, et al. Protein Z/protein Z-dependent protease inhibitor system in human non-small-cell lung cancer tissue. Thromb Res. 2012;129:e92-6 pubmed publisher..The presence of F1+2 and fibrin, along with a disproportional expression of ZPI and PZ, might point to impaired function of the coagulation inhibitory system in NSCLC tissue. ..
- Ray S, Kamath K, Srivastava R, Raghu D, Gollapalli K, Jain R, et al. Serum proteome analysis of vivax malaria: An insight into the disease pathogenesis and host immune response. J Proteomics. 2012;75:3063-80 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Proteomics: The clinical link. ..
- Andrade C, Nascimento J, Oliveira I, de Oliveira C, de Melo C, Franco O, et al. Nanostructured sensor based on carbon nanotubes and clavanin A for bacterial detection. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2015;135:833-9 pubmed publisher..This new sensor system was capable of differentiating between Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, since ClavA showed different affinities toward the pathogenic bacteria species. ..
- Fuchs Tarlovsky V, Alvarez Altamirano K, Turquie Sacal D, Alvarez Flores C, Hernandez Steller H. Nutritional status and body composition are already affected before oncology treatment in ovarian cancer. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2013;22:426-30 pubmed publisher..05)?? ????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????? ..
- Ramadass M, Ghebrehiwet B, Smith R, Kew R. Generation of multiple fluid-phase C3b:plasma protein complexes during complement activation: possible implications in C3 glomerulopathies. J Immunol. 2014;192:1220-30 pubmed publisher..However, excessive generation and/or defective clearance of fluid-phase C3b:protein complexes may have pathological consequences. ..
- Prashek J, Truong T, Yao X. Crystal structure of the pleckstrin homology domain from the ceramide transfer protein: implications for conformational change upon ligand binding. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e79590 pubmed publisher..This unique structural feature of CERT PH domain is probably tailored towards the transfer activity of CERT protein where it needs to shuttle between ER and Golgi and therefore requires short resident time on ER and Golgi membranes. ..
- Ramesh M, Sankaran M, Veera Gowtham V, Poopal R. Hematological, biochemical and enzymological responses in an Indian major carp Labeo rohita induced by sublethal concentration of waterborne selenite exposure. Chem Biol Interact. 2014;207:67-73 pubmed publisher..The alterations of these parameters can be used as suitable biomarkers in monitoring of selenium in the aquatic environment and to protect aquatic life. ..
- Oates J, Mashmoushi A, Shaftman S, Gilkeson G. NADPH oxidase and nitric oxide synthase-dependent superoxide production is increased in proliferative lupus nephritis. Lupus. 2013;22:1361-70 pubmed publisher..The markers of SO production used in this study could rationally be used to select SO-modulating therapies and serve as pharmacodynamic indicators for dose titration. ..
- Wang J, Zhou X, Pan B, Yang L, Yin X, Xu B, et al. Investigation of the effect of Mycobacterium bovis infection on bovine neutrophils functions. Tuberculosis (Edinb). 2013;93:675-87 pubmed publisher..bovis, suggesting a potential target for anti-mycobacterial drug-therapy. ..
- te Pas M, Koopmans S, Kruijt L, Calus M, Smits M. Plasma proteome profiles associated with diet-induced metabolic syndrome and the early onset of metabolic syndrome in a pig model. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73087 pubmed publisher..It could be developed into a potential biomarkers for the early recognition of metabolic diseases. ..
- Barbieri D, Yuan H, Luo X, Farè S, Grijpma D, de Bruijn J. Influence of polymer molecular weight in osteoinductive composites for bone tissue regeneration. Acta Biomater. 2013;9:9401-13 pubmed publisher..The results lead to the conclusion that designing biomaterials with appropriate physico-chemical characteristics is crucial for bone tissue regeneration in mechanical load-bearing sites. ..
- Zhang Y, Ju Y, Huang C, Wysocki V. Paper spray ionization of noncovalent protein complexes. Anal Chem. 2014;86:1342-6 pubmed publisher..With PS, it is possible to detect hemoglobin tetramer from a blood sample with minimal sample preparation. This is the first report to show that PS ionization is a promising ionization method for nonconvalent protein complexes. ..
- Kunjithapatham R, Geschwind J, Rao P, Boronina T, Cole R, Ganapathy Kanniappan S. Systemic administration of 3-bromopyruvate reveals its interaction with serum proteins in a rat model. BMC Res Notes. 2013;6:277 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that selective interaction of 3-BrPA with serum proteins could contribute to the apparent lack of tissue-toxicity at the indicated close when the drug is given systematically in Sprague-Dawley rats. ..
- Barau C, Furlan V, Yazdanpanah Y, Fagard C, Molina J, Taburet A, et al. Characterization of binding of raltegravir to plasma proteins. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2013;57:5147-50 pubmed publisher..RAL did not bind to AAG but bound to nonsaturable, low-affinity albumin sites with an n (number of sites) · Ka product of 9.8 × 10(2) liters/mol. A pH increase of 0.2 U led to a 2% increase in the bound fraction. ..
- Lundmark A, Davanian H, BÃ¥ge T, Johannsen G, Koro C, Lundeberg J, et al. Transcriptome analysis reveals mucin 4 to be highly associated with periodontitis and identifies pleckstrin as a link to systemic diseases. Sci Rep. 2015;5:18475 pubmed publisher..Only one gene, pleckstrin (PLEK), was significantly overexpressed in periodontitis, CVD, RA, and UC, implicating this gene as an important networking link between these chronic inflammatory diseases. ..
- Russell M, Prokoph N, Henderson N, EketjÃ¤ll S, Balendran C, MichaÃ«lsson E, et al. Determining myeloperoxidase activity and protein concentration in a single assay: Utility in biomarker and therapeutic studies. J Immunol Methods. 2017;449:76-79 pubmed publisher..This method offers the investigative laboratory the ability to generate results from blood plasma samples in a single analytical run using the same sample aliquot. ..
- Bobyntsev I, Kryukov A, Belykh A, Dudka V. Effect of Delta Sleep-Inducing Peptide on Functional State of Hepatocytes in Rats During Restraint Stress. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2016;160:421-4 pubmed publisher..Increasing the peptide dose to 360 Î¼g/kg abolished its effects. ..
- Bymaster F, Chao P, Schulze H, Tran P, Marshall R. Biopharmaceutical characterization, metabolism, and brain penetration of the triple reuptake inhibitor amitifadine. Drug Metab Lett. 2013;7:23-33 pubmed..Overall, these studies suggest that amitifadine has drug-like characteristics favorable for drug development. ..
- Belenguer Varea Ã, Mohamed Abdelaziz K, Avellana Zaragoza J, BorrÃ¡s Blasco C, Sanchis Aguilar P, ViÃ±a Ribes J. [Oxidative stress and longevity; a case-control study]. Rev Esp Geriatr Gerontol. 2015;50:16-21 pubmed publisher..In our study OE level were lower in centenarians than in younger elderly, and the lower the OE grade, the higher were the likelihood of being centenarian. ..
- Shevchenko V, Kovalev S, Arnotskaya N, Zborovskaya I, Akhmedov B, Polotskii B, et al. Human blood plasma proteome mapping for search of potential markers of the lung squamous cell carcinoma. Eur J Mass Spectrom (Chichester). 2013;19:123-33 pubmed..Many of these proteins are involved in biological pathways pertinent to tumor progression and metastasis and some of these deregulated proteins may be useful clinical markers. ..
- Vazquez R, Larson D. Plasma protein denaturation with graded heat exposure. Perfusion. 2013;28:557-9 pubmed publisher..Protein degradation was first detected between 43-45 °C of heat exposure. This study supports the practice of monitoring the heat exchanger between 40-42 °C to prevent denaturation of plasma proteins. ..
- Li J, Tian W, Liu X, Hu S, Zhang B, Li X. [Screening of plasma tumor biomarkers for hypopharyngeal carcinoma by proteomics method]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2013;33:1173-6 pubmed..Patients with hypopharyngeal carcinoma show different plasma protein profiles from healthy individuals. These differentially expressed proteins may serve as potential specific tumor biomarkers for hypopharyngeal carcinoma. ..