Summary: Peptide sequences, generated by iterative rounds of SELEX APTAMER TECHNIQUE, that bind to a target molecule specifically and with high affinity.
- Spoden G, Rostek U, Lechner S, Mitterberger M, Mazurek S, Zwerschke W. Pyruvate kinase isoenzyme M2 is a glycolytic sensor differentially regulating cell proliferation, cell size and apoptotic cell death dependent on glucose supply. Exp Cell Res. 2009;315:2765-74 pubmed publisher..We developed specific M2-PK-binding peptide aptamers which inhibit M2-PK, but not the 96% homologous M1-PK isoenzyme...
- Shiba K. [Applications of the motif-programmed proteins in medical area]. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2009;129:1295-302 pubmed..Motifs also can be created de novo using molecular engineering. In particular, peptide aptamers, which have been isolated as specific binders against various targets, are believed to be promising motif ..
- Tok J, Lai J, Leung T, Li S. Selection of aptamers for signal transduction proteins by capillary electrophoresis. Electrophoresis. 2010;31:2055-62 pubmed publisher..No significant consensus region based on approximately 50 sequences for each protein was observed, suggesting the high efficiency of non-SELEX for the selection of numerous unique sequences with high selectivity. ..
- Wang Y, Pu K, Liu B. Anionic conjugated polymer with aptamer-functionalized silica nanoparticle for label-free naked-eye detection of lysozyme in protein mixtures. Langmuir. 2010;26:10025-30 pubmed publisher..36 microg/mL. This work demonstrates a convenient label-free conjugated polyelectrolyte (CPE)-based protein detection with high specificity and sensitivity, which has potential applications in medical diagnosis. ..
- Tetala K, van Beek T. Bioaffinity chromatography on monolithic supports. J Sep Sci. 2010;33:422-38 pubmed publisher..New is the application of aptamers and phages as ligands on monoliths. Convective interaction media (epoxy CIM disks) are currently the most used format in monolithic bioaffinity chromatography. ..
- Liu Y, Mao J, Zhou B, Wei W, Gong S. Peptide aptamers against titanium-based implants identified through phage display. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2010;21:1103-7 pubmed publisher..Here, we set out to identify peptide aptamers with preferential adsorption towards titanium-based implants through the phage display methodology...
- Brown C, Dastidar S, See H, Coomber D, Ortiz Lombardia M, Verma C, et al. Rational design and biophysical characterization of thioredoxin-based aptamers: insights into peptide grafting. J Mol Biol. 2010;395:871-83 pubmed publisherb>Peptide aptamers are simple structures, often made up of a single-variable peptide loop constrained within a constant scaffold protein...
- Huh Y, Erickson D. Aptamer based surface enhanced Raman scattering detection of vasopressin using multilayer nanotube arrays. Biosens Bioelectron. 2010;25:1240-3 pubmed publisher..This low limit of detection is obtained with device containing the multilayer SERS substrate which we show exhibits a stronger Raman enhancement while maintaining biocompatibility and ease or surface reactivity with the capture probe. ..
- Ostroff R, Foreman T, Keeney T, Stratford S, Walker J, Zichi D. The stability of the circulating human proteome to variations in sample collection and handling procedures measured with an aptamer-based proteomics array. J Proteomics. 2010;73:649-66 pubmed publisher..Even at the longest timepoints, 20 h, approximately 82% of the proteins, on average for the three collection tube types, showed no significant change. These results are encouraging for proteomic biomarker discovery. ..
- See H, Lane D. A novel unstructured scaffold based on 4EBP1 enables the functional display of a wide range of bioactive peptides. J Mol Biol. 2010;404:819-31 pubmed publisher..This new scaffold protein, which makes it relatively easy to create bioactive aptamers based on known interaction sequences, will greatly facilitate the aptamer approach to target validation. ..
- Li B, Qin C, Li T, Wang L, Dong S. Fluorescent switch constructed based on hemin-sensitive anionic conjugated polymer and its applications in DNA-related sensors. Anal Chem. 2009;81:3544-50 pubmed publisher..The fluorescent switch developed is simple, sensitive, and universal, which extends applications of the anionic conjugated polymers. ..
- Appert A, Nam C, Lobato N, Priego E, Miguel R, Blundell T, et al. Targeting LMO2 with a peptide aptamer establishes a necessary function in overt T-cell neoplasia. Cancer Res. 2009;69:4784-90 pubmed publisher..Interference with LMO2 complexes is a strategy for controlling LMO2-mediated cancers, and the finger structure of LMO2 is an explicit focus for drug development. ..
- Gilch S, Schatzl H. Aptamers against prion proteins and prions. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2009;66:2445-55 pubmed publisher..RNA, DNA or peptide aptamers are classes of molecules which can be selected from complex combinatorial libraries for high affinity and ..
- Matsumura S, Sato S, Yudasaka M, Tomida A, Tsuruo T, Iijima S, et al. Prevention of carbon nanohorn agglomeration using a conjugate composed of comb-shaped polyethylene glycol and a peptide aptamer. Mol Pharm. 2009;6:441-7 pubmed publisher..Finally, cPEG-NHBP3 treatment substantially suppressed formation of SWNH agglomerates in mouse lung, suggesting the potential utility of SWNHs as a carrier in drug delivery systems. ..
- Shiba K. [Peptide aptamers and nano-carriers for cancer therapy]. Gan To Kagaku Ryoho. 2009;36:362-5 pubmedb>Peptide aptamers are specific binders that are artificially created using in vitro evolution systems...
- ..Here we present a detailed protocol for the creation of a peptide aptamer plasmid library, selection of peptide aptamers using the LiRP scaffold in a yeast two-hybrid system, and the screening of those peptide aptamers for a ..
- Gaida A, Hagemann U, Mattay D, Räuber C, Müller K, Arndt K. Selection of peptides interfering with protein-protein interaction. Methods Mol Biol. 2009;535:263-91 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, peptides interfering with medically relevant proteins might become important diagnostics and therapeutics. ..
- Bouquier N, Fromont S, Zeeh J, Auziol C, Larrousse P, Robert B, et al. Aptamer-derived peptides as potent inhibitors of the oncogenic RhoGEF Tgat. Chem Biol. 2009;16:391-400 pubmed publisher..Our approach thus demonstrates that peptide aptamers are potent inhibitors that can be used to interfere with RhoGEF functions in vivo.
- Gronewold T, Baumgartner A, Hierer J, Sierra S, Blind M, Schafer F, et al. Kinetic binding analysis of aptamers targeting HIV-1 proteins by a combination of a microbalance array and mass spectrometry (MAMS). J Proteome Res. 2009;8:3568-77 pubmed publisher..Our data show that the combination of the selectivity of aptamers with a sensitive detection by MS enables the reliable and quantitative analysis of kinetic binding events of protein solutions in real time. ..
- Zhang W, Ke W, Wu S, Gan L, Zhou R, Sun C, et al. An adenovirus-delivered peptide aptamer C1-1 targeting the core protein of hepatitis B virus inhibits viral DNA replication and production in vitro and in vivo. Peptides. 2009;30:1816-21 pubmed publisherb>Peptide aptamers are molecules which can specifically bind to a given target protein and have the potential to selectively block the function of the target protein...
- Pangburn T, Petersen M, Waybrant B, Adil M, Kokkoli E. Peptide- and aptamer-functionalized nanovectors for targeted delivery of therapeutics. J Biomech Eng. 2009;131:074005 pubmed publisher..This is an exciting and dynamic area of research and this review seeks to discuss its broad scope. ..
- Min K, Song K, Cho M, Chun Y, Shim Y, Ku J, et al. Simultaneous electrochemical detection of both PSMA (+) and PSMA (-) prostate cancer cells using an RNA/peptide dual-aptamer probe. Chem Commun (Camb). 2010;46:5566-8 pubmed publisher..This approach can be applied as a general tool for early diagnosis of prostate cancer. ..
- Kawaki H, Kubota S, Aoyama E, Fujita N, Hanagata H, Miyauchi A, et al. Design and utility of CCN2 anchor peptide aptamers. Biochimie. 2010;92:1010-5 pubmed publisher..acid sequences for the binding to individual modules were extracted in silico and utilized to design anchor peptide aptamers that would facilitate the interaction between CCN2 and other molecules...
- Xiang Y, Zhang Y, Qian X, Chai Y, Wang J, Yuan R. Ultrasensitive aptamer-based protein detection via a dual amplified biocatalytic strategy. Biosens Bioelectron. 2010;25:2539-42 pubmed publisher..This makes our approach an attractive alternative to other common PCR-based signal amplification in ultralow level of protein detection. ..
- Gu L, Ding S, Gao C. Aptamer-encoded nanopore for ultrasensitive detection of bioterrorist agent ricin at single-molecule resolution. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2009;2009:6699-702 pubmed publisher..Here we will review our recent discoveries with a lab-in-hand glass nanopore: single-molecule discrimination of chiral enantiomers with a trapped cyclodextrin, and sensing of bioterrorist agent ricin. ..
- Lopez Ochoa L, Nash T, Ramirez Prado J, Hanley Bowdoin L. Isolation of Peptide aptamers to target protein function. Methods Mol Biol. 2009;535:333-60 pubmed publisherb>Peptide aptamers are small recombinant proteins typically inserted into a supportive protein scaffold...
- Kitamura K, Yoshida C, Kinoshita Y, Kadowaki T, Takahashi Y, Tayama T, et al. Development of systemic in vitro evolution and its application to generation of peptide-aptamer-based inhibitors of cathepsin E. J Mol Biol. 2009;387:1186-98 pubmed publisher..Typical CE inhibitory peptide aptamers obtained here (P(i)101; SCGG IIII SCIA) have half an inhibition activity (K(i); 5 nM) of pepstatin A (potent ..