Genomes and Genes
Summary: A synthetic nonapeptide (Pyr-Trp-Pro-Arg-Pro-Gln-Ile-Pro-Pro) which is identical to the peptide from the venom of the snake, Bothrops jararaca. It inhibits kininase II and ANGIOTENSIN I and has been proposed as an antihypertensive agent.
- Uchiyama Y, Tagami J, Kamisuki S, Kasai N, Oshige M, Chiku H, et al. Selective inhibitors of terminal deoxyribonucleotidyltransferase (TdT): baicalin and genistin. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1725:298-304 pubmed..The compounds may, therefore, bind directly to the primer-binding site of TdT and simultaneously disturb dNTP substrate incorporation into the primer. Genistin and baicalin should prove to be useful agents for studying TdT. ..
- Lu Y, Chen J, Wei D, Wang Z, Tao X. Tyrosinase inhibitory effect and inhibitory mechanism of tiliroside from raspberry. J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem. 2009;24:1154-60 pubmed publisher..5% inhibition of melanin production at the same concentration. These results suggested that tiliroside was a potent tyrosinase inhibitor and might be used as a skin-whitening agent and pigmentation medicine. ..
- Gavras H, Brunner H. Role of angiotensin and its inhibition in hypertension, ischemic heart disease, and heart failure. Hypertension. 2001;37:342-5 pubmed
- Jia Y, Li D, Zhu S, Zhang L, Ding L, Wang W, et al. Characterization of a new bradykinin-potentiating peptide (TmF) from Trimeresurus mucrosquamatus. Sheng Wu Hua Xue Yu Sheng Wu Wu Li Xue Bao (Shanghai). 2003;35:619-23 pubmed..In addition, TmF inhibited the conversion of angiotensin I to angiotensin II, 2 x10(-3) mg of TmF caused 50% inhibition (IC(50)) of angiotensin- converting enzyme (ACE) hydrolyzing activity to bradykinin. ..
- Cho J, Ryu Y, Curtis Long M, Kim J, Kim D, Lee S, et al. Inhibition and structural reliability of prenylated flavones from the stem bark of Morus lhou on ?-secretase (BACE-1). Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2011;21:2945-8 pubmed publisher..The binding affinity of flavones for ?-secretase calculated using in silico docking experiments correlated well with their IC(50) values and noncompetitive inhibition modes. ..
- Riegger G, Hoferer P. A new experimental model for measurement of pulmonary arterial haemodynamic variables in conscious rats before and after pulmonary embolism and during general anaesthesia. Cardiovasc Res. 1990;24:340-4 pubmed..bed, one group of rats received an intravenous bolus injection of the angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor teprotide 1 mg x kg-1 24 h after pulmonary embolism. The effect of general barbiturate anaesthesia was also investigated...
- Siragy H, Howell N, Peach M, Carey R. Combined intrarenal blockade of the renin-angiotensin system in the conscious dog. Am J Physiol. 1990;258:F522-9 pubmed..Intrarenal infusion of the renin inhibitor, ACRIP, the converting enzyme inhibitor, teprotide, and saralasin were administered individually or combined in random order...
- Browning J, Patel T, Brandt P, Young K, Holcomb L, Hicks P. Clozapine and the mitogen-activated protein kinase signal transduction pathway: implications for antipsychotic actions. Biol Psychiatry. 2005;57:617-23 pubmed..These data support the hypothesis that the MEK/ERK signal transduction cascade participates in clozapine's antipsychotic actions. ..
- Crimmins D, McCourt D, Schwartz B. Facile analysis and purification of deblocked N-terminal pyroglutamyl peptides with a strong cation-exchange sulfoethyl aspartamide column. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1988;156:910-6 pubmed..In addition, the Sulfoethyl Aspartamide column was shown to be useful to monitor the extent of N-terminal glutamine cyclization formed during peptide purification and storage. ..
- Shin E, Nabeshima T, Suh H, Jhoo W, Oh K, Lim Y, et al. Ginsenosides attenuate methamphetamine-induced behavioral side effects in mice via activation of adenosine A2A receptors: possible involvements of the striatal reduction in AP-1 DNA binding activity and proenkephalin gene expression. Behav Brain Res. 2005;158:143-57 pubmed
- Ren L, Cao X, Geng P, Bai F, Bai G. Study of the inhibition of two human maltase-glucoamylases catalytic domains by different ?-glucosidase inhibitors. Carbohydr Res. 2011;346:2688-92 pubmed publisher..3 nM, and those for CtMGAM were 6.02 and 6.08 ?M, respectively. These results suggest that NtMGAM and CtMGAM differ in their substrate specificities and inhibitor tolerance despite their structural relationship. ..
- Petrov M, Shilo V, Tarasov A, Schwartz D, Garcia J, Kost O, et al. Conformational changes of blood ACE in chronic uremia. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49290 pubmed publisher..The pattern of binding of monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) to 16 epitopes on human angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE) comprise a conformational ACE fingerprint and is a sensitive marker of subtle protein conformational changes...
- Berrut G, Chameau A, Bouhanick B, Page J, Hallab M, Richard C, et al. [Microalbuminuria and left ventricular hypertrophy in essential arterial hypertension. A study in non-diabetic patients]. Presse Med. 1992;21:1275-8 pubmed
- Peterson C, Morioka N, Zhu C, Ryan J, LeMaire W. Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors have no effect on ovulation and ovarian steroidogenesis in the perfused rat ovary. Reprod Toxicol. 1993;7:131-5 pubmedThe null hypothesis of this study was that the angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors, captopril and teprotide, would not reduce the number of ovulations in vivo and in vitro in the rat...
- Mollace V, Salvemini D, Sessa W, Vane J. Inhibition of human platelet aggregation by endothelium-derived relaxing factor, sodium nitroprusside or iloprost is potentiated by captopril and reduced thiols. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1991;258:820-3 pubmed..such as, captopril (CPT) or SQ 14,534, the nonsulfhydryl-containing angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors, teprotide (TPR) or enalaprilat (ENA) and other structurally unrelated sulfhydryl-containing compounds, N-2-..
- Ricono J, Arar M, Choudhury G, Abboud H. Effect of platelet-derived growth factor isoforms in rat metanephric mesenchymal cells. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2002;282:F211-9 pubmed..Collectively, the data may have implications related to the failure of PDGF AA to rescue mesangial cell phenotype in PDGF B-chain or PDGF-beta-receptor deficiency. ..
- de Barros Soares L, Assmann F, Záchia Ayub M. Purification and properties of a transglutaminase produced by a Bacillus circulans strain isolated from the Amazon environment. Biotechnol Appl Biochem. 2003;37:295-9 pubmed..The enzyme's molecular mass was estimated as 45000 Da on SDS/PAGE. The purified transglutaminase had an optimum temperature of 47 degrees C, the optimum pH of the reaction was 7 and it presented no calcium-dependent activity. ..
- de Azevedo W, Canduri F, dos Santos D, Pereira J, Bertacine Dias M, Silva R, et al. Crystal structure of human PNP complexed with guanine. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;312:767-72 pubmed..Analysis of the structural differences among the HsPNP:Gua complex, PNP apoenzyme, and HsPNP:immucillin-H provides explanation for inhibitor binding, refines the purine-binding site, and can be used for future inhibitor design. ..
- Machielsen R, van der Oost J. Production and characterization of a thermostable L-threonine dehydrogenase from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Pyrococcus furiosus. FEBS J. 2006;273:2722-9 pubmed..The enzyme requires bivalent cations such as Zn2+ and Co2+ for activity and contains at least one zinc atom per subunit. Km values for L-threonine and NAD+ at 70 degrees C were 1.5 mm and 0.055 mm, respectively. ..
- Summy Long J, Severs W. Angiotensin and thirst: studies with a converting enzyme inhibitor and a receptor antagonist. Life Sci. 1974;15:569-82 pubmed
- Park C, Moon Y, Shin C, Chung J. Cyclic AMP suppresses matrix metalloproteinase-1 expression through inhibition of MAPK and GSK-3beta. J Invest Dermatol. 2010;130:2049-56 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that cAMP/PKA pathway can suppress MMP-1 expression through inhibition of multiple signaling pathways, including MAPK and GSK-3beta. ..
- Riegger G, Albert M, Kochsiek K. Cardiovascular effects of AVP and ANG in experimental pulmonic stenosis in rats. Am J Physiol. 1988;254:H438-42 pubmed..001) and high-salt diet (6 +/- 7 mmHg; P less than 0.02). Intravenous bolus injection of teprotide (1 mg/kg) resulted in a decrease of mean arterial pressure in the control group (normal diet) of 9 +/- 8 mmHg (P ..
- Riegger A. Role of vasopressin in experimental heart failure. Eur Heart J. 1988;9 Suppl H:7-10 pubmed..The renin-angiotensin system and sympathetic nerve activity were activated in all animal models. We injected teprotide in order to test the role of angiotensin in the regulation of peripheral vascular tone, and found a much greater ..
- Ma L, Ohyagi Y, Nakamura N, Iinuma K, Miyoshi K, Himeno E, et al. Activation of glutathione peroxidase and inhibition of p53-related apoptosis by apomorphine. J Alzheimers Dis. 2011;27:225-37 pubmed publisher..In addition, treatment with dopamine D1, D2, D3 and D4 receptor antagonists did not counteract the protective action of APO. Thus, APO may enhance GPx activity through dopamine receptor-independent pathways. ..
- Malvin R, Chen M, Lloyd M. Functional relevance of the microheterogeneity of active renin. Am J Hypertens. 1989;2:414-8 pubmed..These data support the hypothesis that there are functional differences among the different renin forms. ..
- Morelli E, Loon N, Meyer T, Peters W, Myers B. Effects of converting-enzyme inhibition on barrier function in diabetic glomerulopathy. Diabetes. 1990;39:76-82 pubmed
- Yoshimura R, Matsuyama M, Tsuchida K, Kawahito Y, Sano H, Nakatani T. Expression of lipoxygenase in human bladder carcinoma and growth inhibition by its inhibitors. J Urol. 2003;170:1994-9 pubmed..Results suggest that lipoxygenase inhibitors may mediate potent antiproliferative effects against bladder cancer cells. Thus, lipoxygenase may become a new target in the treatment of bladder tumors. ..
- Fioravante D, Chu Y, Myoga M, Leitges M, Regehr W. Calcium-dependent isoforms of protein kinase C mediate posttetanic potentiation at the calyx of Held. Neuron. 2011;70:1005-19 pubmed publisher..These experiments establish that PKC? and PKC? are crucial for PTP and suggest that long-lasting presynaptic calcium increases produced by tetanic stimulation may activate these isoforms to produce PTP. ..
- Cidade D, Simao T, Dávila A, Wagner G, Junqueira de Azevedo I, Ho P, et al. Bothrops jararaca venom gland transcriptome: analysis of the gene expression pattern. Toxicon. 2006;48:437-61 pubmed
- Guethe L, Pelegrini da Silva A, Borelli K, Juliano M, Pelosi G, Pesquero J, et al. Angiotensin (5-8) modulates nociception at the rat periaqueductal gray via the NO-sGC pathway and an endogenous opioid. Neuroscience. 2013;231:315-27 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Ang (5-8) is a new member of the Ang family that selectively and strongly modulates antinociception via NO-sGC and endogenous opioid in the vlPAG. ..
- Okuda Ashitaka E, Minami T, Matsumura S, Takeshima H, Reinscheid R, Civelli O, et al. The opioid peptide nociceptin/orphanin FQ mediates prostaglandin E2-induced allodynia, tactile pain associated with nerve injury. Eur J Neurosci. 2006;23:995-1004 pubmed..N/OFQ immunoreactive puncta were colocalized with EP4. Taken together, these results demonstrate that PGE(2) induced allodynia by stimulation of N/OFQ release in the spinal cord via EP4 receptor subtypes. ..
- Boorstein J, Dacey L, Cronenwett J. Pharmacologic treatment of occlusive mesenteric ischemia in rats. J Surg Res. 1988;44:555-60 pubmed..01). Neither teprotide (an angiotensin converting-enzyme inhibitor), allopurinol (to reduce oxygen-free radical formation), nor a ..
- Easter J, Burrell R, Bonacorsi S. Synthesis of isotopically labeled daclatasvir for use in human clinical studies. J Labelled Comp Radiopharm. 2016;59:164-70 pubmed publisher..The radiochemical purity was 99.6%, and specific activity was 3.86??Ci/mg. To support a human absolute bioavailability study, 5.56?g of [(13) C2 , (15) N4 ]-daclatasvir was synthesized in four steps. ..
- de Zeeuw D, Jonker G, Hovinga T, Beekhuis H, Piers D, Huisman R, et al. The mechanism and diagnostic value of angiotensin I converting enzyme inhibition renography. Am J Hypertens. 1991;4:741S-744S pubmed..In conclusion, in an ideal setting as obtained in animal experiments, ACE inhibition improves the sensitivity of renographic studies to 100%. However, its value in the clinical setting needs more standardization...
- Morin Brureau M, Lebrun A, Rousset M, Fagni L, Bockaert J, de Bock F, et al. Epileptiform activity induces vascular remodeling and zonula occludens 1 downregulation in organotypic hippocampal cultures: role of VEGF signaling pathways. J Neurosci. 2011;31:10677-88 pubmed publisher..This suggests that Src pathway could be a therapeutic target for BBB protection in epilepsies. ..
- Cruz C, Neto F, Castro Lopes J, McMahon S, Cruz F. Inhibition of ERK phosphorylation decreases nociceptive behaviour in monoarthritic rats. Pain. 2005;116:411-9 pubmed..Taken together, these findings suggest that ERK phosphorylation in spinal cord neurones plays an important role in chronic inflammatory articular pain and that its inhibition may provide significant anti-nociception. ..
- Gallardo O, Pastor F, Polaina J, Diaz P, Łysek R, Vogel P, et al. Structural insights into the specificity of Xyn10B from Paenibacillus barcinonensis and its improved stability by forced protein evolution. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:2721-33 pubmed publisher..Replacement of a Ser by a Leu residue in mutant xylanase S15L can increase hydrophobic packing efficiency and fill a superficial indentation of the protein, giving rise to a more compact structure of the enzyme. ..
- Mittal J, Dogra N, Vohra H, Majumdar S. Effects of prostaglandin E2 and nitric oxide inhibitors on the expression of interleukin-10, interleukin-12 and MHC class-II molecules in Mycobacterium microti-infected and interferon-gamma-treated mouse peritoneal macrophages. Folia Microbiol (Praha). 2001;46:259-64 pubmed..Enhanced PGE2 and NO upregulated IL-10 expression and down-regulated IL-12 and MHC class-II (Ia) expression in M. microti-infected and IFN-gamma-treated mouse peritoneal macrophages. ..
- Shapira M, Keren O, Gafni M, Sarne Y. Divers pathways mediate delta-opioid receptor down regulation within the same cell. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2001;96:142-50 pubmed
- Singer C, Vang S, Gerthoffer W. Coupling of M(2) muscarinic receptors to Src activation in cultured canine colonic smooth muscle cells. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2002;282:G61-8 pubmed..Together these results indicate that M(2) receptors are coupled to Src tyrosine kinase and subsequent activation of ERK in cultured CSMC. ..
- Sourris K, Harcourt B, Forbes J. A new perspective on therapeutic inhibition of advanced glycation in diabetic microvascular complications: common downstream endpoints achieved through disparate therapeutic approaches?. Am J Nephrol. 2009;30:323-35 pubmed publisher..These novel actions emphasise the importance of further examination of the advanced glycation pathway and in particular the diverse action of these agents in ameliorating the development of diabetic complications such as nephropathy. ..
- Hamamoto H, Sugiyama Y, Nakagawa N, Hashida E, Matsunaga Y, Takemoto S, et al. A new tobacco mosaic virus vector and its use for the systemic production of angiotensin-I-converting enzyme inhibitor in transgenic tobacco and tomato. Biotechnology (N Y). 1993;11:930-2 pubmed..As a result, the vector could form virus particles and spread systemically from inoculated to non-inoculated leaves. In tomato plants, production of ACEI in fruit was also achieved. ..
- Grant T, McGrath J. Interactions between angiotensin II, sympathetic nerve-mediated pressor response and cyclo-oxygenase products in the pithed rat. Br J Pharmacol. 1988;95:1220-8 pubmed..4. The angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor, teprotide, and the AII-receptor antagonist, saralasin, lowered the diastolic blood pressure and attenuated sympathetic ..
- Canu N, Tufi R, Serafino A, Amadoro G, Ciotti M, Calissano P. Role of the autophagic-lysosomal system on low potassium-induced apoptosis in cultured cerebellar granule cells. J Neurochem. 2005;92:1228-42 pubmed..Collectively, these observations indicate that autophagy precedes and is causally connected with the subsequent onset of programmed death. ..
- Michel J, Nochy D, Choudat L, Dussaule J, Philippe M, Chastang C, et al. Consequences of renal morphologic damage induced by inhibition of converting enzyme in rat renovascular hypertension. Lab Invest. 1987;57:402-11 pubmed..The majority of these deaths could be attributed to renal insufficiency.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS) ..
- Lindsey C, Bendhack L, Paiva A. Effects of teprotide, captopril and enalaprilat on arterial wall kininase and angiotensin converting activity. J Hypertens Suppl. 1987;5:S71-6 pubmed..Like enalaprilat, captopril (0.06-1.5 mumol/l) or teprotide (0...
- Riegger G, Wolf P, Kochsiek K. Vasoconstrictor role of vasopressin and angiotensin in experimental aortic stenosis in the rat. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 1988;11:538-42 pubmed..a specific antagonist to the vascular receptors of vasopressin and the angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor teprotide. The application of a Silver clip (0...
- Warwick H, Nahorski S, Challiss R. Group I metabotropic glutamate receptors, mGlu1a and mGlu5a, couple to cyclic AMP response element binding protein (CREB) through a common Ca2+ - and protein kinase C-dependent pathway. J Neurochem. 2005;93:232-45 pubmed..Thus, although the [Ca(2+)](i) signatures activated by these mGlu receptors differ, they couple to CREB with comparable potency and recruit similar downstream components to execute CREB phosphorylation. ..
- Lessl J, Ma L, Rathinasabapathi B, Guy C. Novel phytase from Pteris vittata resistant to arsenate, high temperature, and soil deactivation. Environ Sci Technol. 2013;47:2204-11 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the P. vittata phytase has potential use as a soil amendment, a transgenic tool, or as a feed additive supplement, reducing the need for nonrenewable, polluting P fertilizers. ..
- Mueller S, Gothe R, Siems W, Vietinghoff G, Paegelow I, Reissmann S. Potentiation of bradykinin actions by analogues of the bradykinin potentiating nonapeptide BPP9alpha. Peptides. 2005;26:1235-47 pubmed..Thus the obtained results give evidence that the potentiation of the bradykinin action can occur by different mechanisms, depending on the system and on the applied potentiating factor. ..
- Huang B, Malvin R. Dopaminergic modulation of some central actions of angiotensin II in vivo. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1988;188:405-9 pubmed..43 +/- 0.05 degree C) when infused with DA (20 micrograms/min). These results support the hypothesis that a central DA pathway is involved in the modulation of the actions of centrally administered Ang II on temperature and PRA. ..
- Verma P, Gagnon J, Miller R. Intrarenal kallikrein-kinin activity in acute renovascular hypertension in dogs. Ren Physiol. 1988;10:311-7 pubmed..was studied during the acute phase of renovascular hypertension induced by renal artery constriction and during teprotide inhibition of kininase II in the dog...