Summary: Peptides that inhibit mitosis (ANTIMITOTICS). During the 1960's the term referred to crude extracts that inhibited cell proliferation; the activity was later attributed to PYROGLUTAMATE type oligopeptides.
- Slesarev S, Arav V, Antohin A, Pashkov A. Effect of epiphysectomy on the circadian dynamics of antiradical activity of chalone-antichalone system of albino rat liver. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2008;146:358-60 pubmed..Active phase of the rhythm of antiradical activity falls on night hours. Epiphysectomy caused disappearance of the circadian rhythm of activity of the liver chalone-antichalone system in albino rat. ..
- Bakthavatsalam D, Choe J, Hanson N, Gomer R. A Dictyostelium chalone uses G proteins to regulate proliferation. BMC Biol. 2009;7:44 pubmed publisher..of tumor metastases, may be regulated by negative feedback loops in which autocrine secreted factors called chalones inhibit proliferation. However, very little is known about chalones, and how cells sense them...
- Bowman R, Xiong Y, Kirsten J, Singleton C. eIF2? kinases control chalone production in Dictyostelium discoideum. Eukaryot Cell. 2011;10:494-501 pubmed publisherGrowing Dictyostelium cells secrete CfaD and AprA, two proteins that have been characterized as chalones. They exist within a high-molecular-weight complex that reversibly inhibits cell proliferation, but not growth, via cell surface ..
- Wang G, Wu W, Peng F, Cao D, Yang Z, Ma L, et al. Design, synthesis, and structure-activity relationship studies of novel millepachine derivatives as potent antiproliferative agents. Eur J Med Chem. 2012;54:793-803 pubmed publisher..Further studies confirmed that 15 significantly suppressed the growth of tumor volume and exerted more potent anticancer potency than millepachine and anticancer drug cisplatin in A549 lung xenograft tumor model. ..
- Cao D, Han X, Wang G, Yang Z, Peng F, Ma L, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of novel pyranochalcone derivatives as a new class of microtubule stabilizing agents. Eur J Med Chem. 2013;62:579-89 pubmed publisher..Further studies confirmed that 10i significantly suppressed the growth of tumor volume in HepG2 xenograft tumor model. Our study demonstrated that 10i could have beneficial antitumor activity as a novel microtubule stabilizing agent. ..
- Modzelewska A, Pettit C, Achanta G, Davidson N, Huang P, Khan S. Anticancer activities of novel chalcone and bis-chalcone derivatives. Bioorg Med Chem. 2006;14:3491-5 pubmed..Furthermore, bis-chalcone 8 exhibited a more potent inhibition of colon cancer cells expressing wild-type p53 than of an isogenic cell line that was p53-null. ..