Summary: An azapeptide and HIV-PROTEASE INHIBITOR that is used in the treatment of HIV INFECTIONS and AIDS in combination with other ANTI-HIV AGENTS.
- Gong Y, Robinson B, Rose R, Deminie C, Spicer T, Stock D, et al. In vitro resistance profile of the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 protease inhibitor BMS-232632. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2000;44:2319-26 pubmed..Taken together, our data suggest that BMS-232632 may be a valuable protease inhibitor for use in combination therapy. ..
- Dalla Vechia L, Reichart B, Glasnov T, Miranda L, Kappe C, De Souza R. A three step continuous flow synthesis of the biaryl unit of the HIV protease inhibitor Atazanavir. Org Biomol Chem. 2013;11:6806-13 pubmed publisher..The synthesis involved Pd-catalyzed Suzuki–Miyaura cross-coupling, followed by hydrazone formation and a subsequent hydrogenation step, and additionally incorporates a liquid–liquid extraction step. ..
- Postorino M, Prosperi M, Focà E, Quiros Roldan E, Di Filippo E, Maggiolo F, et al. Role of systemic inflammation scores for prediction of clinical outcomes in patients treated with atazanavir not boosted by ritonavir in the Italian MASTER cohort. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:212 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, high levels of inflammation measured through NLR, were also associated with clinical events. So, these patients should be monitored more strictly. ..
- Chawana T, Gandhi M, Nathoo K, Ngara B, Louie A, Horng H, et al. Defining a Cutoff for Atazanavir in Hair Samples Associated With Virological Failure Among Adolescents Failing Second-Line Antiretroviral Treatment. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2017;76:55-59 pubmed publisher..Male sex and better self-reported adherence were associated with adequate atazanavir hair concentrations. Antiretroviral hair concentrations may serve as a useful clinical tool among adolescents. ..
- Santoriello D, Al Nabulsi M, Reddy A, Salamera J, D Agati V, Markowitz G. Atazanavir-Associated Crystalline Nephropathy. Am J Kidney Dis. 2017;70:576-580 pubmed publisher..Recognition of this association and prompt withdrawal of the offending agent are critical to optimize outcomes. ..