Genomes and Genes
suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 protein
Summary: A suppressor of cytokine signaling protein that consists of an N-terminal kinase-inhibitory region, a central SH2 DOMAIN, a characteristic C-terminal SOCS box (a 40-amino acid motif, which functions to recruit E3 UBIQUITIN-PROTEIN LIGASE COMPLEXES). SOCS3 inhibits cytokine signaling by binding to RECEPTOR PROTEIN-TYROSINE KINASES as well as CYTOKINE RECEPTOR GP130; ERYTHROPOIETIN RECEPTORS; INSULIN RECEPTOR; and the LEPTIN RECEPTOR. Its functions include suppression of ERYTHROPOIESIS in the fetal liver.
- El Saadany S, Ziada D, El Bassat H, Farrag W, El Serogy H, Eid M, et al. The role of hepatic expression of STAT1, SOCS3 and PIAS1 in the response of chronic hepatitis C patients to therapy. Can J Gastroenterol. 2013;27:e13-7 pubmed..These could be used as biomarkers that are easily detected by Western blotting or immunostaining during standard histopathological liver biopsy analysis. ..
- Vegran F, Berger H, Ghiringhelli F, Apetoh L. Socs3 induction by PPAR? restrains cancer-promoting inflammation. Cell Cycle. 2013;12:2157-8 pubmed
- Qin Y, Wu L, Ouyang Y, Zhou P, Zhou H, Wang Y, et al. MiR-125a Is a critical modulator for neutrophil development. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1007027 pubmed publisher..Overall, our study revealed a new microRNA regulating granulocyte development and supported a model in which miR-125a acted as a fine-tuner of granulopoiesis...
- Ahmed Q, Manzoor S, Tariq M, Khalid M, Ashraf W, Parvaiz F, et al. Hepatitis C virus infection in vitro triggers endoplasmic reticulum stress and downregulates insulin receptor substrates 1 and 2 through upregulation of cytokine signaling suppressor 3. Acta Virol. 2014;58:238-44 pubmed..Altogether these findings indicate that the HCV infection induces ER stress and IR in Huh-7 cells in vitro. ..
- Dayoub R, Buerger L, Ibrahim S, Melter M, Weiss T. Augmenter of liver regeneration (ALR) exhibits a dual signaling impact on hepatic acute-phase response. Exp Mol Pathol. 2017;102:428-433 pubmed publisher..This study shows a dual signaling of ALR and suggests that ALR is pivotal for the regulation of APR, a crucial event in liver injury and regeneration. ..
- Lundtoft C, Afum Adjei Awuah A, Rimpler J, Harling K, Nausch N, Kohns M, et al. Aberrant plasma IL-7 and soluble IL-7 receptor levels indicate impaired T-cell response to IL-7 in human tuberculosis. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006425 pubmed publisher..These findings show similarities to pathognomonic features of impaired T-cell functions and immune failure described in AIDS patients. ..
- Pedroso J, de Mendonca P, Fortes M, Tomaz I, Pecorali V, Auricino T, et al. SOCS3 expression in SF1 cells regulates adrenal differentiation and exercise performance. J Endocrinol. 2017;235:207-222 pubmed publisher..Therefore, cytokine signaling in SF1 cells exerts an important role to sustain training performance possibly by promoting the necessary metabolic adjustments during exercise. ..
- Zhang Y, Ma C, Lawrence M, Break T, O Connell M, Lyons J, et al. PD-L1 up-regulation restrains Th17 cell differentiation in STAT3 loss- and STAT1 gain-of-function patients. J Exp Med. 2017;214:2523-2533 pubmed publisher..PD-L1 may be a potential therapeutic target in several genetic diseases of immune deficiency affecting cytokine signaling. ..
- Kim E, Cheng Y, Bolton Gillespie E, Cai X, Ma C, Tarangelo A, et al. Rb family proteins enforce the homeostasis of quiescent hematopoietic stem cells by repressing Socs3 expression. J Exp Med. 2017;214:1901-1912 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Rb proteins act as a central hub of quiescence and homeostasis by coordinating the regulation of both cell cycle and Jak2 signaling in HSCs. ..
- Cartoni R, Pekkurnaz G, Wang C, Schwarz T, He Z. A high mitochondrial transport rate characterizes CNS neurons with high axonal regeneration capacity. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184672 pubmed publisher..The results reported here suggest a pivotal role for this organelle during axonal regeneration. ..
- Wang X, Li T, Li M, Cao N, Han J. The Functional SOCS3 RS115785973 Variant Regulated by MiR-4308 Promotes Gastric Cancer Development in Chinese Population. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;38:1796-802 pubmed publisher..Our findings have shown that the SNP rs115785973 in SOCS3 disrupting the regulatory role of miR-4308 in SOCS3 expression, rs115785973 in SOCS3 might act as a risk factor in the pathogenesis of GC. ..
- Wilbers R, van Raaij D, Westerhof L, Bakker J, Smant G, Schots A. Re-evaluation of IL-10 signaling reveals novel insights on the contribution of the intracellular domain of the IL-10R2 chain. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186317 pubmed publisher..This observation highlights a novel role for the intracellular domain of IL-10R2 in the molecular mechanisms of IL-10R activation. ..
- Li S, Chen S, Xu X, Sundstedt A, Paulsson K, Anderson P, et al. Cytokine-induced Src homology 2 protein (CIS) promotes T cell receptor-mediated proliferation and prolongs survival of activated T cells. J Exp Med. 2000;191:985-94 pubmed..The functions of CIS, enhancing TCR signaling and inhibiting cytokine signaling, may be important in the regulation of immune response and homeostasis. ..
- Wonganan O, He Y, Shen X, Wongkrajang K, Suksamrarn A, Zhang G, et al. 6-Hydroxy-3-O-methyl-kaempferol 6-O-glucopyranoside potentiates the anti-proliferative effect of interferon ?/? by promoting activation of the JAK/STAT signaling by inhibiting SOCS3 in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;336:31-39 pubmed publisher..K6G warrants further investigation as a novel therapeutic method to enhance the efficacy of IFN-?/?. ..
- Xu Z, Ji J, Xu J, Li D, Shi G, Liu F, et al. MiR-30a increases MDSC differentiation and immunosuppressive function by targeting SOCS3 in mice with B-cell lymphoma. FEBS J. 2017;284:2410-2424 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insights into the molecular mechanisms underlying MDSC expansion and function during B cell lymphoma development. ..
- Singh S, Chouhan S, Mohammad N, Bhat M. Resistin causes G1 arrest in colon cancer cells through upregulation of SOCS3. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:1371-1382 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, we observe that resistin-exposed cells survive 5-fluorouracil treatment because of a decrease in drug uptake due to the arrest of cells in G1 phase. ..
- Gui T, He B, Gan Q, Yang C. Enhanced SOCS3 in osteoarthiritis may limit both proliferation and inflammation. Biotech Histochem. 2017;92:107-114 pubmed publisher..The anti-inflammation and growth inhibition effects exhibited by enhanced SOCS3 in OA appear to be related to its capacity to down-regulate expression levels of NF-?B and COX2. ..
- Thangaratnarajah C, Dinger K, Vohlen C, Klaudt C, Nawabi J, López García E, et al. Novel role of NPY in neuroimmune interaction and lung growth after intrauterine growth restriction. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2017;313:L491-L506 pubmed publisher..These new insights in pulmonary neuroimmune interaction offer potential strategies to enable lung growth. ..
- Wang L, Xu J, Wu H, Zhang J, Tian Y. [Expression and role of TLR and SOCS mRNA in newborn infants]. Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi. 2006;44:621-2 pubmed