Genomes and Genes
proto oncogene proteins c crk
Summary: Signal transducing adaptor proteins that contain SRC HOMOLOGY DOMAINS and play a role in CYTOSKELETON reorganization. c-crk protein is closely related to ONCOGENE PROTEIN V-CRK and includes several alternatively spliced isoforms.
- Hale B, Steel J, Manicassamy B, Medina R, Ye J, Hickman D, et al. Mutations in the NS1 C-terminal tail do not enhance replication or virulence of the 2009 pandemic H1N1 influenza A virus. J Gen Virol. 2010;91:1737-42 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the currently circulating 2009 H1N1 virus is optimized to replicate efficiently without requiring certain NS1 functions. ..
- Buts J, De Keyser N. Transduction pathways regulating the trophic effects of Saccharomyces boulardii in rat intestinal mucosa. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2010;45:175-85 pubmed publisher..boulardii generates in vivo mitogen and metabolic signals that are transduced into intestinal mucosal cells, downstream from the apical membrane to the nuclei, using recruitment substrates and serine, threonine, or tyrosine kinases. ..
- Jacob M, Todd L, Majumdar R, Li Y, Yamamoto K, Pure E. Endogenous cAbl regulates receptor endocytosis. Cell Signal. 2009;21:1308-16 pubmed publisher..Our results thus indicate that CrkII links receptor engagement to cytoskeletal remodeling by coupling cCbl- and cAbl-mediated signaling pathways that cooperatively regulate ligand-induced receptor endocytosis. ..
- Cremeens M, Zimmermann J, Yu W, Dawson P, Romesberg F. Direct observation of structural heterogeneity in a beta-sheet. J Am Chem Soc. 2009;131:5726-7 pubmed publisher..The C-D-based IR technique should be generally useful in the characterization of structure and heterogeneity of both folded and unfolded states. ..
- Wang H, Linghu H, Wang J, Che Y, Xiang T, Tang W, et al. The role of Crk/Dock180/Rac1 pathway in the malignant behavior of human ovarian cancer cell SKOV3. Tumour Biol. 2010;31:59-67 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that signal transfer of Crk/Dock180/Rac1 is implicated in actin cytoskeleton reorganization and thus in the cell proliferation, motility, invasion, and of human ovarian cancer cell line SKOV3. ..
- Abella J, Vaillancourt R, Frigault M, Ponzo M, Zuo D, Sangwan V, et al. The Gab1 scaffold regulates RTK-dependent dorsal ruffle formation through the adaptor Nck. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:1306-19 pubmed publisher..These data show that a Gab1-Nck signalling complex interacts with several RTKs to promote polarised actin remodelling and downstream biological responses...
- Seo J, Suenaga A, Hatakeyama M, Taiji M, Imamoto A. Structural and functional basis of a role for CRKL in a fibroblast growth factor 8-induced feed-forward loop. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:3076-87 pubmed publisher..Although many cells generally require cell-matrix adhesion, our results demonstrate that CRKL permits cells to bypass the strict need for adhesion in response to FGF8 through direct interaction with receptor. ..
- Feng R, Chen X, Yu Y, Su L, Yu B, Li J, et al. miR-126 functions as a tumour suppressor in human gastric cancer. Cancer Lett. 2010;298:50-63 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, we identified the adaptor protein Crk as a target of miR-126. Taken together, our results suggest that miR-126 may function as a tumour suppressor in gastric cancer, with Crk as a direct target. ..
- Toffoli S, Delaive E, Dieu M, Feron O, Raes M, Michiels C. NDRG1 and CRK-I/II are regulators of endothelial cell migration under Intermittent Hypoxia. Angiogenesis. 2009;12:339-54 pubmed publisher..These results give news insight regarding the effects of IH on endothelial cell migration and hence on neoangiogenesis. ..
- HURWITZ M, Vanderzalm P, Bloom L, Goldman J, Garriga G, Horvitz H. Abl kinase inhibits the engulfment of apoptotic [corrected] cells in Caenorhabditis elegans. PLoS Biol. 2009;7:e99 pubmed publisher..ABL-1 and ABI-1 interact physically in vitro. We propose that ABL-1 opposes the engulfment of apoptotic cells by inhibiting ABI-1 via a pathway that is distinct from the two known engulfment pathways. ..
- Hrincius E, Wixler V, Wolff T, Wagner R, Ludwig S, Ehrhardt C. CRK adaptor protein expression is required for efficient replication of avian influenza A viruses and controls JNK-mediated apoptotic responses. Cell Microbiol. 2010;12:831-43 pubmed publisher..Our results imply that binding capacity of A/NS1 to CRK/CRKL has evolved in virus strains that over-induce the antiviral acting JNK-ATF2 signalling module and helps to suppress the detrimental apoptosis promoting action of this pathway. ..
- Roselli S, Wallez Y, Wang L, Vervoort V, Pasquale E. The SH2 domain protein Shep1 regulates the in vivo signaling function of the scaffolding protein Cas. Cell Signal. 2010;22:1745-52 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that Shep1 plays a critical role in the in vivo regulation of Src activity and Cas downstream signaling through Crk, and suggest that the SH2 domain of Shep1 is critical for these effects. ..
- Tang D, Zhang W, Gunst S. The adapter protein CrkII regulates neuronal Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein, actin polymerization, and tension development during contractile stimulation of smooth muscle. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:23380-9 pubmed..These studies suggest a novel signaling pathway for the regulation of N-WASp activation and active contraction in smooth muscle tissues. ..