Genomes and Genes
gamma subunit interferon stimulated gene factor 3
Summary: An interferon regulatory factor that recruits STAT1 PROTEIN and STAT2 PROTEIN heterodimers to interferon-stimulated response elements and functions as an immediate-early protein.
- Kamei Y, Suganami T, Ehara T, Kanai S, Hayashi K, Yamamoto Y, et al. Increased expression of DNA methyltransferase 3a in obese adipose tissue: studies with transgenic mice. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2010;18:314-21 pubmed publisher..The data highlight the potential role of Dnmt3a in the adult tissue as well as in the developing embryo and cancer. ..
- Bisson S, Page A, Ganem D. A Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus protein that forms inhibitory complexes with type I interferon receptor subunits, Jak and STAT proteins, and blocks interferon-mediated signal transduction. J Virol. 2009;83:5056-66 pubmed publisher..The presence in the viral genome of potent inhibitors of type I IFN signaling, along with several viral genes that block IFN induction, highlights the importance of the IFN pathway in the control of this human tumor virus infection...
- Chessa B, Pittau M, Puricelli M, Zobba R, Coradduzza E, Dall ara P, et al. Genetic immunization with the immunodominant antigen P48 of Mycoplasma agalactiae stimulates a mixed adaptive immune response in BALBc mice. Res Vet Sci. 2009;86:414-20 pubmed publisher..Nucleic acid immunization could be a new strategy against M. agalactiae infections and may be potentially used to develop vaccines for other Mycoplasma diseases...
- Molle C, Goldman M, Goriely S. Critical role of the IFN-stimulated gene factor 3 complex in TLR-mediated IL-27p28 gene expression revealing a two-step activation process. J Immunol. 2010;184:1784-92 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the complex molecular interplay between TLRs and type I IFNs for the control of IL-27 synthesis. ..
- Zhong B, Zhang L, Lei C, Li Y, Mao A, Yang Y, et al. The ubiquitin ligase RNF5 regulates antiviral responses by mediating degradation of the adaptor protein MITA. Immunity. 2009;30:397-407 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that RNF5 negatively regulates virus-triggered signaling by targeting MITA for ubiquitination and degradation at the mitochondria. ..
- Tan K, Chen Y, Lim Y, Tan G, Liu Y, Lim Y, et al. Suppression of host innate immune response by Burkholderia pseudomallei through the virulence factor TssM. J Immunol. 2010;184:5160-71 pubmed publisher..Abs to TssM can be detected in the sera of melioidosis patients, indicating that TssM is functionally expressed in vivo and thus could contribute to bacterial pathogenesis in human melioidosis...
- Watanabe T, Asano N, Fichtner Feigl S, Gorelick P, Tsuji Y, Matsumoto Y, et al. NOD1 contributes to mouse host defense against Helicobacter pylori via induction of type I IFN and activation of the ISGF3 signaling pathway. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:1645-62 pubmed publisher..pylori and possibly other mucosal infections. ..
- Jaworska J, Gravel A, Flamand L. Divergent susceptibilities of human herpesvirus 6 variants to type I interferons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:8369-74 pubmed publisher..Our work is unique in demonstrating type I IFN signaling defects in HHV-6B-infected cells and highlights a major biological difference between HHV-6 variants...
- De Marchis M, Ballarino M, Salvatori B, Puzzolo M, Bozzoni I, Fatica A. A new molecular network comprising PU.1, interferon regulatory factor proteins and miR-342 stimulates ATRA-mediated granulocytic differentiation of acute promyelocytic leukemia cells. Leukemia. 2009;23:856-62 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we showed that enforced expression of miR-342 in APL cells stimulated ATRA-induced differentiation. These data identified miR-342 as a new player in the granulocytic differentiation program activated by ATRA in APL. ..