Genomes and Genes
interferon stimulated gene factor 3
Summary: A multimeric complex that functions as a ligand-dependent transcription factor. ISGF3 is assembled in the CYTOPLASM and translocated to the CELL NUCLEUS in response to INTERFERON signaling. It consists of ISGF3-GAMMA and ISGF3-ALPHA, and it regulates expression of many interferon-responsive GENES.
- Farlik M, Reutterer B, Schindler C, Greten F, Vogl C, Muller M, et al. Nonconventional initiation complex assembly by STAT and NF-kappaB transcription factors regulates nitric oxide synthase expression. Immunity. 2010;33:25-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, STATs and NF-kappaB cooperate through pol II promoter recruitment and the phosphorylation of its CTD, respectively, as a prerequisite for productive elongation of iNOS mRNA. ..
- Choudhry N, Korbel D, Edwards L, Bajaj Elliott M, McDonald V. Dysregulation of interferon-gamma-mediated signalling pathway in intestinal epithelial cells by Cryptosporidium parvum infection. Cell Microbiol. 2009;11:1354-64 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate C. parvum interferes with IFN-gamma-dependent gene expression in enterocytes and suggest this activity could be a novel immuno-evasive strategy employed by the parasite. ..
- Russell Harde D, Wagner T, Rani M, Vogel D, Colamonici O, Ransohoff R, et al. Role of the intracellular domain of the human type I interferon receptor 2 chain (IFNAR2c) in interferon signaling. Expression of IFNAR2c truncation mutants in U5A cells. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:23981-5 pubmed..In addition, human and murine cells appear to require different regions of the cytoplasmic domain of IFNAR2c for regulation of IFN responses. ..
- Schmidt N, Pautz A, Art J, Rauschkolb P, Jung M, Erkel G, et al. Transcriptional and post-transcriptional regulation of iNOS expression in human chondrocytes. Biochem Pharmacol. 2010;79:722-32 pubmed publisher..In summary, we demonstrate for the first time that differentiated human immortalized C-28/I2 chondrocytes are a representative cell culture model to investigate iNOS gene expression in human joint diseases. ..
- Bingfa X, Qinglin F, Hui H, Canjun W, Wei W, Lihua S. Anti-hepatitis B virus activity and mechanisms of recombinant human serum albumin-interferon-alpha-2b fusion protein in vitro and in vivo. Pharmacology. 2009;83:323-32 pubmed publisher..The anti-HBV mechanism probably operates by triggering the JAK-STAT signaling pathway and increasing the expression of OAS1. ..
- Watanabe T, Asano N, Fichtner Feigl S, Gorelick P, Tsuji Y, Matsumoto Y, et al. NOD1 contributes to mouse host defense against Helicobacter pylori via induction of type I IFN and activation of the ISGF3 signaling pathway. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:1645-62 pubmed publisher..pylori and possibly other mucosal infections. ..
- Matte C, Descoteaux A. Leishmania donovani amastigotes impair gamma interferon-induced STAT1alpha nuclear translocation by blocking the interaction between STAT1alpha and importin-alpha5. Infect Immun. 2010;78:3736-43 pubmed publisher..donovani amastigotes to interfere with IFN-gamma-activated macrophage functions and provide a better understanding of the strategies deployed by this parasite to ensure its intracellular survival. ..
- Patel D, Nan Y, Shen M, Ritthipichai K, Zhu X, Zhang Y. Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus inhibits type I interferon signaling by blocking STAT1/STAT2 nuclear translocation. J Virol. 2010;84:11045-55 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that PRRSV interferes with the activation and signaling pathway of type I IFNs by blocking ISG factor 3 (ISGF3) nuclear translocation...
- Lee S, Qin H, Benveniste E. The IFN-gamma-induced transcriptional program of the CIITA gene is inhibited by statins. Eur J Immunol. 2008;38:2325-36 pubmed publisher..The recruitment of USF-1 to CIITA pIV is also reduced by statins, as is the recruitment of RNA polymerase II (Pol II), p300 and Brg-1. These data indicate that statins inhibit the transcriptional program of the CIITA gene. ..