Genomes and Genes
nod2 signaling adaptor protein
Summary: A NOD signaling adaptor protein that contains two C-terminal leucine-rich domains which recognize bacterial PEPTIDOGLYCAN. It signals via an N-terminal capase recruitment domain that interacts with other CARD SIGNALING ADAPTOR PROTEINS such as RIP SERINE-THEONINE KINASES. The protein plays a role in the host defense response by signaling the activation of CASPASES and the MAP KINASE SIGNALING SYSTEM. Mutations of the gene encoding the nucleotide oligomerization domain 2 protein have been associated with increased susceptibility to CROHN DISEASE.
- Saxena A, Lopes F, Poon K, McKay D. Absence of the NOD2 protein renders epithelia more susceptible to barrier dysfunction due to mitochondrial dysfunction. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2017;313:G26-G38 pubmed publisher..Thus a significant barrier defect occurs with NOD2 deficiency in conjunction with metabolic stress that could contribute to inflammation. ..
- Williams H, Crompton R, Thomason H, Campbell L, Singh G, McBain A, et al. Cutaneous Nod2 Expression Regulates theÂ Skin Microbiome and Wound Healing inÂ a Murine Model. J Invest Dermatol. 2017;137:2427-2436 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these studies show the importance of the microbial communities in skin wound healing outcome. ..
- Fekete T, Koncz G, Szabo B, Gregus A, RajnavÃ¶lgyi E. Interferon gamma boosts the nucleotide oligomerization domain 2-mediated signaling pathway in human dendritic cells in an X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis protein and mammalian target of rapamycin-dependent manner. Cell Mol Immunol. 2017;14:380-391 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate, for the first time, that IFNÎ³ positively affects NOD2-mediated signaling in human cDCs, in a manner considerably dependent on XIAP and partially dependent on mTOR. ..
- Sudo T, Okada Y, Ozaki K, Urayama K, Kanai M, Kobayashi H, et al. Association of NOD2 Mutations with Aggressive Periodontitis. J Dent Res. 2017;96:1100-1105 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated NOD2 as a novel gene involved in AgP. ..
- Ikeda K, Kambe N, Takei S, Nakano T, Inoue Y, Tomiita M, et al. Ultrasonographic assessment reveals detailed distribution of synovial inflammation in Blau syndrome. Arthritis Res Ther. 2014;16:R89 pubmed publisher..Our data also demonstrate that ultrasonography can be a potent tool in monitoring the activity of synovial inflammation and in investigating the pathophysiology of arthritis in this rare but archetypical autoinflammatory condition. ..
- Tamzaourte M, Errabih I, Krami H, Maha F, Maria L, Benzzoubeir N, et al. [NOD2 gene mutation in Moroccan patients with Crohn's disease: prevalence, genotypic study and correlation of NOD2 gene mutation with the phenotype of Crohn's disease]. Pan Afr Med J. 2017;27:116 pubmed publisher..The prevalence of NOD2/ CARD15 mutation in our case series is low. This mutation is correlated with severe Crohn's disease. ..
- Daley D, Mani V, Mohan N, Akkad N, Pandian G, Savadkar S, et al. NLRP3 signaling drives macrophage-induced adaptive immune suppression in pancreatic carcinoma. J Exp Med. 2017;214:1711-1724 pubmed publisher..Similarly, transfer of PDA-entrained macrophages or T cells from NLRP3-/- hosts was protective. These data suggest that targeting NLRP3 holds the promise for the immunotherapy of PDA. ..
- Wong K. The Role of ESX-1 in Mycobacterium tuberculosis Pathogenesis. Microbiol Spectr. 2017;5: pubmed publisher..Inhibitors that block the ESX-1 system or block host factors critical for ESX-1 toxicity have been identified and should represent attractive potential new antituberculosis drugs. ..
- Wang S, Yang J, Li X, Liu Z, Wu Y, Si G, et al. Discovery of 1,4-Benzodiazepine-2,5-dione (BZD) Derivatives as Dual Nucleotide Binding Oligomerization Domain Containing 1/2 (NOD1/NOD2) Antagonists Sensitizing Paclitaxel (PTX) To Suppress Lewis Lung Carcinoma (LLC) Growth in Vivo. J Med Chem. 2017;60:5162-5192 pubmed publisher..This study establishes the possibility for using adjuvant treatment to combat cancer by antagonizing both NOD1 and NOD2 signaling. ..
- Park O, Kim J, Yang J, Yun C, Han S. Muramyl Dipeptide, a Shared Structural Motif of Peptidoglycans, Is a Novel Inducer of Bone Formation through Induction of Runx2. J Bone Miner Res. 2017;32:1455-1468 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we suggest that MDP is a novel inducer of bone formation that could potentially be a new therapeutic molecule to protect against osteoporosis. Â© 2017 American Society for Bone and Mineral Research. ..
- Yang B, Lyu H, Sun D, Wang J, Wu R. [Staphylococcus aureus promotes NOD2 expression in bovine mammary epithelial cells]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2017;33:741-745 pubmed..Levels of NOD2 mRNA and protein expression were not significantly upregulated by the stimulation with heat-inactivated S. aureus. Conclusion S. aureus infection could induce the up-regulation of NOD2 expression in BMECs. ..
- Holden J, O Brien Simpson N, Lenzo J, Orth R, Mansell A, Reynolds E. Porphyromonas gulae Activates Unprimed and Gamma Interferon-Primed Macrophages via the Pattern Recognition Receptors Toll-Like Receptor 2 (TLR2), TLR4, and NOD2. Infect Immun. 2017;85: pubmed publisher..In conclusion, P. gulae induces a strong TLR2-dependent inflammatory M1 macrophage response which may be important in establishing the chronic inflammation associated with periodontal disease in companion animals. ..
- Schaefer A, Wastyk H, Mohanan V, Hou C, Lauro M, Melnyk J, et al. Crohn's Disease Variants of Nod2 Are Stabilized by the Critical Contact Region of Hsp70. Biochemistry. 2017;56:4445-4448 pubmed publisher..This work suggests that CD-associated Nod2 variants could be stabilized in vivo with a molecular chaperone. ..