Genomes and Genes
Summary: A Wnt protein subtype that plays a role in cell-cell signaling during EMBRYONIC DEVELOPMENT and the morphogenesis of the developing NEURAL TUBE.
- Liu T, Zhang L, Wang Y, Zhang H, Li L, Bao X. Dickkopf-1 inhibits Wnt3a-induced migration and epithelial-mesenchymal transition of human lens epithelial cells. Exp Eye Res. 2017;161:43-51 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Dkk1 inhibits Wnt3a-induced migration and the EMT of human LECs.The results contribute to the prevention of PCO formation and development. ..
- Coussy F, Lallemand F, Vacher S, Schnitzler A, Chemlali W, Caly M, et al. Clinical value of R-spondins in triple-negative and metaplastic breast cancers. Br J Cancer. 2017;116:1595-1603 pubmed publisher..RSPO overexpression could therefore be a new prognostic biomarker and therapeutic target for TNBC. ..
- Krishnamoorthy A, Witkowski A, Tran J, Weers P, Ryan R. Characterization of secondary structure and lipid binding behavior of N-terminal saposin like subdomain of human Wnt3a. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2017;630:38-46 pubmed publisher..Moreover, SLD function(s) in Wnt proteins appear to have evolved away from those commonly attributed to SAPLIP family members. ..
- Boretto M, Cox B, Noben M, Hendriks N, Fassbender A, Roose H, et al. Development of organoids from mouse and human endometrium showing endometrial epithelium physiology and long-term expandability. Development. 2017;144:1775-1786 pubmed publisher..This novel model provides a powerful tool for studying mechanisms underlying the biology as well as the pathology of this key reproductive organ. ..
- Anderson K, Hamilton W, Roske F, Azad A, Knudsen T, Canham M, et al. Insulin fine-tunes self-renewal pathways governing naive pluripotency and extra-embryonic endoderm. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:1164-1177 pubmed publisher..Self-renewal of these PrE cultures is robust and, on the basis of gene expression, these cells resemble early blastocyst-stage PrE, a naive endoderm state able to make both visceral and parietal endoderm. ..
- Kirsch N, Chang L, Koch S, Glinka A, Dolde C, Colozza G, et al. Angiopoietin-like 4 Is a Wnt Signaling Antagonist that Promotes LRP6 Turnover. Dev Cell. 2017;43:71-82.e6 pubmed publisher..This unexpected function of ANGPTL4 invites re-interpretation of its diverse physiological effects in light of Wnt signaling and may open therapeutic avenues for human disease...
- Seo W, Park S, Gwak J, Ju B, Chung J, Kang P, et al. Wnt signaling promotes androgen-independent prostate cancer cell proliferation through up-regulation of the hippo pathway effector YAP. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;486:1034-1039 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings provide mechanistic insight into the proposed cross-talk between the Wnt/?-catenin and Hippo pathways in androgen-independent prostate cancer development. ..