Genomes and Genes
transforming growth factor beta2
Summary: A TGF-beta subtype that was originally identified as a GLIOBLASTOMA-derived factor which inhibits the antigen-dependent growth of both helper and CYTOTOXIC T LYMPHOCYTES. It is synthesized as a precursor molecule that is cleaved to form mature TGF-beta2 and TGF-beta2 latency-associated peptide. The association of the cleavage products results in the formation a latent protein which must be activated to bind its receptor.
- Zhang B, Chen Y, Qiu M, Ding Z. Long noncoding RNA expression profile in HLE B-3 cells during TGF-?2-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition. BMC Ophthalmol. 2017;17:69 pubmed publisher..Our study lays the foundation for future research in lncRNAs related to EMT in HLE B-3 cells and could provide new avenues for the prevention and treatment of posterior capsule opacification (PCO). ..
- Bohlen C, Bennett F, Tucker A, Collins H, Mulinyawe S, Barres B. Diverse Requirements for Microglial Survival, Specification, and Function Revealed by Defined-Medium Cultures. Neuron. 2017;94:759-773.e8 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the specialized gene expression profile of mature microglia requires continuous instructive signaling from the intact CNS. ..
- Arno A, Amini Nik S, Blit P, Al Shehab M, Belo C, Herer E, et al. Human Wharton's jelly mesenchymal stem cells promote skin wound healing through paracrine signaling. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2014;5:28 pubmed publisher..001) and migration (P?0.05), and promoted wound healing in an excisional full-thickness skin murine model. Under our experimental conditions, WJ-MSCs enhanced skin wound healing in an in vivo mouse model. ..
- Disha K, Schulz S, Kuntze T, Girdauskas E. Transforming Growth Factor Beta-2 Mutations in Barlow's Disease and Aortic Dilatation. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;104:e19-e21 pubmed publisher..None of the parents presented with either valve dysfunction or aortic root dilatation. This rare case illustrates potentially common genetic and signaling pathways of concomitant myxomatous valve disease and aortic root dilatation. ..
- Angelov S, Hu J, Wei H, Airhart N, Shi M, Dichek D. TGF-β (Transforming Growth Factor-β) Signaling Protects the Thoracic and Abdominal Aorta From Angiotensin II-Induced Pathology by Distinct Mechanisms. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:2102-2113 pubmed publisher..Smooth muscle extrinsic signaling protects the abdominal aorta and smooth muscle intrinsic signaling protects the thoracic aorta. ..
- Futakuchi A, Inoue T, Fujimoto T, Kuroda U, Inoue Mochita M, Takahashi E, et al. Molecular Mechanisms Underlying the Filtration Bleb-Maintaining Effects of Suberoylanilide Hydroxamic Acid (SAHA). Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:2421-2429 pubmed publisher..This in vitro study provides new evidence for the molecular basis of the potential bleb-maintaining effects of SAHA, a novel candidate drug in modulating scar formation after glaucoma filtration surgery. ..
- Matoba R, Morizane Y, Shiode Y, Hirano M, Doi S, Toshima S, et al. Suppressive effect of AMP-activated protein kinase on the epithelial-mesenchymal transition in retinal pigment epithelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181481 pubmed publisher..AMPK is a potential target molecule for the prevention and treatment of PVR, so AICAR may be a promising candidate for PVR therapy. ..
- Mir F, Contreras Ruiz L, Masli S. Thrombospondin-1-dependent immune regulation by transforming growth factor-Î²2-exposed antigen-presenting cells. Immunology. 2015;146:547-56 pubmed publisher..These findings introduce the integrin-independent mechanism of TGF-Î² activation as an integral part of peripheral immune tolerance associated with TGF-Î²2-expressing tissues. ..
- Pellegatta S, Valletta L, Corbetta C, PatanÃ¨ M, Zucca I, Riccardi Sirtori F, et al. Effective immuno-targeting of the IDH1 mutation R132H in a murine model of intracranial glioma. Acta Neuropathol Commun. 2015;3:4 pubmed publisher..These results support the translational potential of immunotherapeutic targeting of gliomas carrying IDH1 mutations. ..
- Yoshida S, Nakama T, Ishikawa K, Nakao S, Sonoda K, Ishibashi T. Periostin in vitreoretinal diseases. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2017;74:4329-4337 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that periostin is a pivotal molecule for FVM formation and a promising therapeutic target for these proliferative vitreoretinal diseases. ..
- De Feo D, Merlini A, Brambilla E, Ottoboni L, Laterza C, Menon R, et al. Neural precursor cell-secreted TGF-Î²2 redirects inflammatory monocyte-derived cells in CNS autoimmunity. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3937-3953 pubmed publisher..This study provides evidence that intrathecally transplanted NPCs interfere with the CNS-restricted inflammation of EAE by reprogramming infiltrating MCs into antiinflammatory myeloid cells via secretion of TGF-Î²2. ..
- Végh P, Magee D, Nalpas N, Bryan K, McCabe M, Browne J, et al. MicroRNA profiling of the bovine alveolar macrophage response to Mycobacterium bovis infection suggests pathogen survival is enhanced by microRNA regulation of endocytosis and lysosome trafficking. Tuberculosis (Edinb). 2015;95:60-7 pubmed..Taken together, our study suggests that miRNAs play a key role in tuning the complex interplay between M. bovis survival strategies and the host immune response. ..