Genomes and Genes
bone morphogenetic protein 7
Summary: A bone morphogenetic protein that is widely expressed during EMBRYONIC DEVELOPMENT. It is both a potent osteogenic factor and a specific regulator of nephrogenesis.
- Liu L, Fu W, Xu J, Shao L, Wang Y. Effect of BMP7 on podocyte transdifferentiation and Smad7 expression induced by hyperglycemia. Clin Nephrol. 2015;84:95-9 pubmed publisher..HG, p < 0.01). BMP7 can inhibit the epithelial-to-mesenchymal cell transformation (EMT) of podocytes induced by high glucose; Smad7 may mediate the blunting effects of BMP7 on high glucose in podocytes. ..
- Bhutia S, Sherpa M, Dewan S, Singh T. Correlation of cartilage metabolic markers & antioxidants with the severity of knee osteoarthritis. Indian J Med Res. 2016;144:932-934 pubmed publisher..Oxidative stress has been implicated as a mediator of cartilage damage in patients with osteoarthritis. The aim of this study was to correlate the cartilage metabolic markers and antioxidants with the severity of knee osteoarthritis. ..
- Bollum L, Huse K, Oksvold M, Bai B, Hilden V, Forfang L, et al. BMP-7 induces apoptosis in human germinal center B cells and is influenced by TGF-? receptor type I ALK5. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177188 pubmed publisher..Altogether, we identified BMP-7 as a negative regulator of GC B-cell survival. The effect was counteracted by truncated ALK5, suggesting greater complexity in regulating BMP-7 signaling than previously believed. ..
- Flevaris P, Khan S, Eren M, Schuldt A, Shah S, Lee D, et al. Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor Type I Controls Cardiomyocyte Transforming Growth Factor-? and Cardiac Fibrosis. Circulation. 2017;136:664-679 pubmed publisher..Thus, PAI-1 is a molecular switch that controls the cardiac TGF-? axis and its early transcriptional effects that lead to myocardial fibrosis. ..
- Chen F, Chen R, Liu H, Sun R, Huang J, Huang Z, et al. BMP-7 ameliorates cobalt alloy particle-induced inflammation by suppressing Th17 responses. APMIS. 2017;125:880-887 pubmed publisher..Together, these results demonstrated that BMP-7 could serve as a therapeutic agent in treating patients with metal wear debris-induced inflammation. ..
- Neppl R, Wu C, Walsh K. lncRNA Chronos is an aging-induced inhibitor of muscle hypertrophy. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:3497-3507 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of Chronos induces myofiber hypertrophy both in vitro and in vivo, in part, through the epigenetic modulation of Bmp7 signaling. ..
- Zhang Y, Wan L, He X, Ni Y, Wang C, Liu C, et al. Gremlin1 Accelerates Hepatic Stellate Cell Activation Through Upregulation of TGF-Beta Expression. DNA Cell Biol. 2017;36:603-610 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that gremlin1 might play an important role in the progression of hepatic fibrosis and that it modulates HSC activation. ..
- Neuwirt H, Perco P, Kainz A, MÃ¼hlberger I, Leierer J, Braniff S, et al. A 3-biomarker-panel predicts renal outcome in patients with proteinuric renal diseases. BMC Med Genomics. 2014;7:75 pubmed publisher..0115). We identified and validated a panel of three genes in kidney biopsies which predicted serum creatinine at follow-up and therefore might serve as biomarkers for kidney disease progression. ..