Genomes and Genes
bone morphogenetic protein 4
Summary: A bone morphogenetic protein that is a potent inducer of bone formation. It also functions as a regulator of MESODERM formation during EMBRYONIC DEVELOPMENT.
- Dame K, Cincotta S, Lang A, Sanghrajka R, Zhang L, Choi J, et al. Thyroid Progenitors Are Robustly Derived from Embryonic Stem Cells through Transient, Developmental Stage-Specific Overexpression of Nkx2-1. Stem Cell Reports. 2017;8:216-225 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that NKX2-1 overexpression converts AFE to thyroid epithelium in a developmental time-sensitive manner and suggest a general methodology for manipulation of cell-fate decisions of developmental intermediates. ..
- Penn M, Mausner Fainberg K, Golan M, Karni A. High serum levels of BMP-2 correlate with BMP-4 and BMP-5 levels and induce reduced neuronal phenotype in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. J Neuroimmunol. 2017;310:120-128 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that BMP-2 sera levels may play a role in the failure of remyelination and neuro-regeneration in RR-MS. ..
- Liao K, Chang S, Chang H, Chien C, Huang T, Feng T, et al. Endothelial angiogenesis is directed by RUNX1T1-regulated VEGFA, BMP4 and TGF-?2 expression. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179758 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the discovery and application of pharmaceutical activators for RUNX1T1 will improve therapeutic efficacy toward ischemia by promoting neovascularization. ..
- Panaliappan T, Wittmann W, Jidigam V, Mercurio S, Bertolini J, Sghari S, et al. Sox2 is required for olfactory pit formation and olfactory neurogenesis through BMP restriction and Hes5 upregulation. Development. 2018;145: pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that Sox2 is essential to establish, maintain and expand the neuronal progenitor pool by suppressing Bmp4 and upregulating Hes5 expression. ..
- Zhang P, Wang G, Lin Z, Wu Y, Zhang J, Liu M, et al. Alcohol exposure induces chick craniofacial bone defects by negatively affecting cranial neural crest development. Toxicol Lett. 2017;281:53-64 pubmed publisher..In addition, ethanol affected the delamination, epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) and cell migration of cranial NCCs, which may have contributed to the etiology of the craniofacial defects. ..
- Sallon C, Callebaut I, Boulay I, Fontaine J, Logeart Avramoglou D, Henriquet C, et al. Thrombospondin-1 (TSP-1), a new bone morphogenetic protein-2 and -4 (BMP-2/4) antagonist identified in pituitary cells. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:15352-15368 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings provide new insights into the involvement of TSP-1 in the BMP-2/-4 mechanisms of action. ..
- Yokoyama Y, Watanabe T, Tamura Y, Hashizume Y, Miyazono K, Ehata S. Autocrine BMP-4 Signaling Is a Therapeutic Target in Colorectal Cancer. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4026-4038 pubmed publisher..Here, we demonstrate that expression of bone morphogenetic protein 4 (BMP-4) is universally upregulated in human colorectal cancer cells and tissues, resulting in activated ..
- Liu Y, Du S, Ding M, Dou X, Zhang F, Wu Z, et al. The BMP4-Smad signaling pathway regulates hyperandrogenism development in a female mouse model. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:11740-11750 pubmed publisher..b>Bone morphogenetic protein 4 (BMP4) is an essential regulator of embryonic development and organ formation, and recent studies have ..
- Taghiyar L, Hesaraki M, Sayahpour F, Satarian L, Hosseini S, Aghdami N, et al. Msh homeobox 1 (Msx1)- and Msx2-overexpressing bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells resemble blastema cells and enhance regeneration in mice. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:10520-10533 pubmed publisher..We propose that Msx-transduced cells that can regenerate epithelial and mesenchymal tissues may potentially be utilized in limb regeneration. ..
- Modica S, Wolfrum C. The dual role of BMP4 in adipogenesis and metabolism. Adipocyte. 2017;6:141-146 pubmed publisher..Besides this, Bmp4 seems to have a dual role in metabolism either promoting or repressing oxidative metabolism in a cell context dependent manner. ..
- Tojais N, Cao A, Lai Y, Wang L, Chen P, Alcazar M, et al. Codependence of Bone Morphogenetic Protein Receptor 2 and Transforming Growth Factor-β in Elastic Fiber Assembly and Its Perturbation in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:1559-1569 pubmed publisher..Disrupting BMPR2 impairs TGFβ1- and BMP4-mediated elastic fiber assembly and is of pathophysiologic significance in PAH. ..
- Li Y, Yang J, Zhang J, Liu J, Zheng Z, Hu D. BMP4 rs17563 polymorphism and nonsyndromic cleft lip with or without cleft palate: A meta-analysis. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7676 pubmed publisherPrevious studies have investigated the relationship between human bone morphogenetic protein 4 gene (BMP4) rs17563 polymorphism and nonsyndromic cleft lip with or without cleft palate (NSCL/P). However, the results remained inconsistent...