Genomes and Genes
matrix metalloproteinase 3
Summary: An extracellular endopeptidase of vertebrate tissues similar to MATRIX METALLOPROTEINASE 1. It digests PROTEOGLYCAN; FIBRONECTIN; COLLAGEN types III, IV, V, and IX, and activates procollagenase. (Enzyme Nomenclature, 1992)
- Li N, Xu Q, Liu Q, Pan D, Jiang Y, Liu M, et al. Leonurine attenuates fibroblast-like synoviocyte-mediated synovial inflammation and joint destruction in rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2017;56:1417-1427 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that leonurine reduces synovial inflammation and joint destruction in RA through the NF-ÎºB and mitogen-activated protein kinases pathways. Leonurine has potential as a therapeutic agent for RA. ..
- Maccarana M, Svensson R, Knutsson A, Giannopoulos A, Pelkonen M, Weis M, et al. Asporin-deficient mice have tougher skin and altered skin glycosaminoglycan content and structure. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184028 pubmed publisher..Also, decorin and biglycan were doubled in Aspn-/- skin. Overall, asporin deficiency changes skin glycosaminoglycan composition, and decorin and biglycan content, which may explain the changes in skin mechanical properties. ..
- Bonaventura P, Lamboux A, Albaréde F, Miossec P. Regulatory effects of zinc on cadmium-induced cytotoxicity in chronic inflammation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180879 pubmed publisher..Zinc counteracts the deleterious effect of Cd by reducing its import and accumulation in the cell, without the reactivation of destructive pathways such as MMPs. ..
- Deb S, Gottschall P. Increased production of matrix metalloproteinases in enriched astrocyte and mixed hippocampal cultures treated with beta-amyloid peptides. J Neurochem. 1996;66:1641-7 pubmed..In addition, both cultures express MMP-3 (stromelysin-1) in response to A beta peptides. These results suggest that MMPs may play a role in the development or progression of neuritic plaques, i.e., abnormal neurite outgrowth. ..
- Kizaki K, Yoshizumi Y, Takahashi T, Era S. Elevated oxidative stress monitored via the albumin-thiol redox state is correlated with matrix metalloproteinase-3 elevation in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Clin Lab. 2015;61:175-8 pubmed..52). DAS-28 and CRP were also correlated with the percentage of oxidized albumin-thiol (r = 0.46, r = 0.44). The albumin-thiol redox state was significantly oxidized in correlation with serum MMP-3 elevation in RA. ..
- Cao Y, Wei P, Bailey M, Kauwe J, Maxwell T. A versatile omnibus test for detecting mean and variance heterogeneity. Genet Epidemiol. 2014;38:51-59 pubmed
- Padala C, Tupurani M, Puranam K, Gantala S, Shyamala N, Kondapalli M, et al. Synergistic effect of collagenase-1 (MMP1), stromelysin-1 (MMP3) and gelatinase-B (MMP9) gene polymorphisms in breast cancer. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184448 pubmed publisher..The interactions of MMPs clinical risk factors such as lymph node involvement has shown a strong correlation and might influence the 5-years survival rate, suggesting their potential role in the breast carcinogenesis. ..
- Sasaki K, Hattori T, Fujisawa T, Takahashi K, Inoue H, Takigawa M. Nitric oxide mediates interleukin-1-induced gene expression of matrix metalloproteinases and basic fibroblast growth factor in cultured rabbit articular chondrocytes. J Biochem. 1998;123:431-9 pubmed
- Peeters S, Engelen L, Buijs J, Chaturvedi N, Fuller J, Schalkwijk C, et al. Plasma levels of matrix metalloproteinase-2, -3, -10, and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 are associated with vascular complications in patients with type 1 diabetes: the EURODIAB Prospective Complications Study. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2015;14:31 pubmed publisher..These data support the hypothesis that impaired regulation of matrix remodeling by actions of MMP-2, -3 and-10 and TIMP-1 contributes to the pathogenesis of vascular complications in type 1 diabetes. ..
- Huang W, Ao P, Li J, Wu T, Xu L, Deng Z, et al. Autophagy Protects Advanced Glycation End Product-Induced Apoptosis and Expression of MMP-3 and MMP-13 in Rat Chondrocytes. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:6341919 pubmed publisher..We therefore demonstrated that autophagy is linked with AGE-related pathology in rat chondrocytes and plays a protective role in AGE-induced apoptosis and expression of MMP-3 and MMP-13. ..
- Kondo A, Nonaka A, Shimamura T, Yamamoto S, Yoshida T, Kodama T, et al. Long Noncoding RNA JHDM1D-AS1 Promotes Tumor Growth by Regulating Angiogenesis in Response to Nutrient Starvation. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence that increased JHDM1D-AS1 expression under nutrient starvation accelerates tumor growth by upregulating angiogenesis, thus laying the foundation for improved therapeutic strategies. ..
- Yokoyama W, Kohsaka H, Kaneko K, Walters M, Takayasu A, Fukuda S, et al. Abrogation of CC chemokine receptor 9 ameliorates collagen-induced arthritis of mice. Arthritis Res Ther. 2014;16:445 pubmed publisher..The interaction between CCL25 and CCR9 may play important roles in cell infiltration into the RA synovial tissues and inflammatory mediator production. Blocking CCL25 or CCR9 may represent a novel safe therapy for RA. ..
- McCracken B, Spurlock M, Roos M, Zuckermann F, Gaskins H. Weaning anorexia may contribute to local inflammation in the piglet small intestine. J Nutr. 1999;129:613-9 pubmed..Together the results indicate that inadequate feed intake during the immediate postweaning period may contribute to intestinal inflammation and thereby compromise villus-crypt structure and function. ..
- Fan P, He L, Hu N, Luo J, Zhang J, Mo L, et al. Effect of 1,25-(OH)2D3 on Proliferation of Fibroblast-Like Synoviocytes and Expressions of Pro-Inflammatory Cytokines through Regulating MicroRNA-22 in a Rat Model of Rheumatoid Arthritis. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:145-155 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrated that 1,25-(OH)2D3 inhibits the proliferation of FLS and alleviates inflammatory response in RA rats by down-regulating miR-22. ..
- Krueger F, Kappert K, Foryst Ludwig A, Kramer F, Clemenz M, Grzesiak A, et al. AT1-receptor blockade attenuates outward aortic remodeling associated with diet-induced obesity in mice. Clin Sci (Lond). 2017;131:1989-2005 pubmed publisher..The HFD-induced vascular pathology was reduced by AT1-receptor antagonist telmisartan. ..
- Lauridsen H, Pellowe A, Ramanathan A, Liu R, Miller Jensen K, McNiff J, et al. Tumor Necrosis Factor-? and IL-17A Activation Induces Pericyte-Mediated Basement Membrane Remodeling in Human Neutrophilic Dermatoses. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:1893-1906 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that pericyte-neutrophil interactions play a role in mediating microvascular changes in SS and suggest that targeting MMP-3 may be effective in protecting vascular wall integrity. ..
- Caria C, Gotardo E, Santos P, Acedo S, de Morais T, Ribeiro M, et al. Extracellular matrix remodeling and matrix metalloproteinase inhibition in visceral adipose during weight cycling in mice. Exp Cell Res. 2017;359:431-440 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that MMPs inhibition could be an interesting target to improve adipose tissue inflammation during WL and to support weight cyclers. ..
- Loupasakis K, Kuo D, Sokhi U, Sohn C, Syracuse B, Giannopoulou E, et al. Tumor Necrosis Factor dynamically regulates the mRNA stabilome in rheumatoid arthritis fibroblast-like synoviocytes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179762 pubmed publisher..These results provide the first insights into genome-wide regulation of mRNA stability in RA FLS and highlight the potential contribution of dynamic regulation of the mRNA stabilome by TNF to chronic synovitis. ..
- Lassig A, Joseph A, Lindgren B, Yueh B. Association of Oral Cavity and Oropharyngeal Cancer Biomarkers in Surgical Drain Fluid With Patient Outcomes. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2017;143:670-678 pubmed publisher..Survival rates for head and neck cancer have been relatively stable for several decades. Individualized prognostic indicators are needed to identify patients at risk for poorer outcomes...
- Elayyan J, Lee E, Gabay O, Smith C, Qiq O, Reich E, et al. LEF1-mediated MMP13 gene expression is repressed by SIRT1 in human chondrocytes. FASEB J. 2017;31:3116-3125 pubmed publisher..Elayyan, J., Lee, E.-J., Gabay, O., Smith, C. A., Qiq, O., Reich, E., Mobasheri, A., Henrotin, Y., Kimber, S. J., Dvir-Ginzberg, M. LEF1-mediated MMP13 gene expression is repressed by SIRT1 in human chondrocytes. ..
- Li P, Gan Y, Wang H, Xu Y, Song L, Zhang C, et al. Biological Responses of the Immature Annulus Fibrosus to Dynamic Compression in a Disc Perfusion Culture. Cells Tissues Organs. 2016;202:296-306 pubmed
- Segura A, Luna R, Horiba K, Stetler Stevenson W, McAllister H, Willerson J, et al. Immunohistochemistry of matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors in thoracic aortic aneurysms and aortic valves of patients with Marfan's syndrome. Circulation. 1998;98:II331-7; discussion II337-8 pubmed
- Miwa Y, Takahashi R, Ikari Y, Maeoka A, Nishimi S, Oguro N, et al. Clinical Characteristics of Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients Achieving Functional Remission with Six Months of Biological DMARDs Treatment. Intern Med. 2017;56:903-906 pubmed publisher..Conclusion These findings suggested that RA patients with lower HAQ-DI and lower depression scores at baseline were more likely to achieve functional remission using bDMARDs treatment than those without these variables. ..
- Yoon S, Armstrong B, Habib N, Rossi J. Blind SELEX Approach Identifies RNA Aptamers That Regulate EMT and Inhibit Metastasis. Mol Cancer Res. 2017;15:811-820 pubmed publisher..b>Implications: This study reveals that anti-vimentin RNA aptamers selected via blind-SELEX inhibit the tumor cell metastasis. Mol Cancer Res; 15(7); 811-20. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Wang C, Guo L, Tian F, An N, Luo L, Hao R, et al. Naringenin regulates production of matrix metalloproteinases in the knee-joint and primary cultured articular chondrocytes and alleviates pain in rat osteoarthritis model. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2017;50:e5714 pubmed publisher..Thus, naringenin could be a potent therapeutic option for the treatment of osteoarthritis. ..
- Wu Y, Bu J, Yang Y, Lin X, Cai X, Huang C, et al. Therapeutic Effect of MK2 Inhibitor on Experimental Murine Dry Eye. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:4898-4907 pubmed publisher..To investigate the role of mitogen-activated protein kinase-activated protein kinase-2 (MK2) in ocular surface damage of dry eye...