Genomes and Genes
matrix metalloproteinase 1
Summary: A member of the metalloproteinase family of enzymes that is principally responsible for cleaving FIBRILLAR COLLAGEN. It can degrade interstitial collagens, types I, II and III.
- Li W, Cui N, Mazzuca M, Mata K, Khalil R. Increased vascular and uteroplacental matrix metalloproteinase-1 and -7 levels and collagen type I deposition in hypertension in pregnancy: role of TNF-?. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2017;313:H491-H507 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that targeting MMP-1 and MMP-7 and their upstream modulators, such as TNF-?, could provide a new approach in the management of hypertension in pregnancy and preeclampsia. ..
- Han X, Parker T. Antiinflammatory Activity of Cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) Bark Essential Oil in a Human Skin Disease Model. Phytother Res. 2017;31:1034-1038 pubmed publisher..The study shows that CBEO is a promising antiinflammatory agent; however, further research is required to clarify its clinical efficacy. © 2017 The Authors. Phytotherapy Research published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd. ..
- Shlopov B, Lie W, Mainardi C, Cole A, Chubinskaya S, Hasty K. Osteoarthritic lesions: involvement of three different collagenases. Arthritis Rheum. 1997;40:2065-74 pubmed..Retinoic acid, an agent which induces autodigestion of cartilage in vitro, stimulated only the expression of MMP-13. These findings suggest a key role of MMP-13 and MMP-8, as well as MMP-1 in osteoarthritis. ..
- Park S, Jin Y, Park Y, Yeon S, Xu J, Han R, et al. IL-25-induced activation of nasal fibroblast and its association with the remodeling of chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyposis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181806 pubmed publisher..in NPDFs and increased expression of IL-25 were also involved in the pathogenesis of nasal polyposis by affecting nasal fibroblasts in chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps. ..
- Hwang E, Ngo H, Park B, Seo S, Yang J, Yi T. Myrcene, an Aromatic Volatile Compound, Ameliorates Human Skin Extrinsic Aging via Regulation of MMPs Production. Am J Chin Med. 2017;45:1113-1124 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that myrcene has a potential protective effect on UVB-induced human skin photoaging. Therefore, myrcene might have applications in the skincare industry. ..
- Kim J, Pjanic M, Nguyen T, Miller C, Iyer D, Liu B, et al. TCF21 and the environmental sensor aryl-hydrocarbon receptor cooperate to activate a pro-inflammatory gene expression program in coronary artery smooth muscle cells. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006750 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that TCF21 can cooperate with AHR to activate an inflammatory gene expression program that is exacerbated by environmental stimuli, and may contribute to the overall risk for CAD. ..
- Li N, Xu Q, Liu Q, Pan D, Jiang Y, Liu M, et al. Leonurine attenuates fibroblast-like synoviocyte-mediated synovial inflammation and joint destruction in rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2017;56:1417-1427 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that leonurine reduces synovial inflammation and joint destruction in RA through the NF-ÎºB and mitogen-activated protein kinases pathways. Leonurine has potential as a therapeutic agent for RA. ..
- Mengshol J, Vincenti M, Coon C, Barchowsky A, Brinckerhoff C. Interleukin-1 induction of collagenase 3 (matrix metalloproteinase 13) gene expression in chondrocytes requires p38, c-Jun N-terminal kinase, and nuclear factor kappaB: differential regulation of collagenase 1 and collagenase 3. Arthritis Rheum. 2000;43:801-11 pubmed..Additionally, they demonstrate that induction of MMP-1 by IL-1 in chondrocytic cells depends on unique combinations of signaling pathways that are cell type-specific. ..
- Lassig A, Joseph A, Lindgren B, Yueh B. Association of Oral Cavity and Oropharyngeal Cancer Biomarkers in Surgical Drain Fluid With Patient Outcomes. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2017;143:670-678 pubmed publisher..Survival rates for head and neck cancer have been relatively stable for several decades. Individualized prognostic indicators are needed to identify patients at risk for poorer outcomes...
- Lai Y, Gong C, Fu C, Yueh T, Tsai C, Chang W, et al. The Contribution of Matrix Metalloproteinase-1 Genotypes to Hepatocellular Carcinoma Susceptibility in Taiwan. Cancer Genomics Proteomics. 2017;14:119-125 pubmed..The 1G allele of MMP1 promoter 1607 may have a protective effect on HCC risk for non-smokers in Taiwan and further validations are needed in other population groups. ..
- Karpec D, Rudys R, Leonaviciene L, Mackiewicz Z, Bradunaite R, Kirdaite G, et al. The impact of high-dose narrowband ultraviolet A1 on dermal thickness, collagen and matrix-metalloproteinases in animal model of scleroderma. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017;173:448-455 pubmed publisher..002). Our study has demonstrated that a cumulative 365±5nm UVA1 radiation dosage of 1200J/cm2 not only prevents the progression of dermal fibrosis, but also induces a regression of pre-existing fibrotic changes. ..
- Lim J, Ryu D, Lee S, Park G, Min C. Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSCs) Attenuate Cutaneous Sclerodermatous Graft-Versus-Host Disease (Scl-GVHD) through Inhibition of Immune Cell Infiltration in a Mouse Model. J Invest Dermatol. 2017;137:1895-1904 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that MSCs attenuate the cutaneous sclerodermatous GVHD by selectively blocking immune cell migration and down-regulating chemokines and chemokine receptors. ..
- Fujimura T, Kakizaki A, Sato Y, Tanita K, Furudate S, Aiba S. The Immunological Roles of Periostin/Tumor-Associated Macrophage Axis in Development of Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:2867-2873 pubmed..Increased levels of MMP1 and MMP12 on TAMs in the peripheral areas of DFSP might contribute to local invasion. ..
- Lee J, Kim K, Heo J, Cho D, Kim H, Han S, et al. Protective effect of Arthrospira platensis extracts against ultraviolet B-induced cellular senescence through inhibition of DNA damage and matrix metalloproteinase-1 expression in human dermal fibroblasts. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017;173:196-203 pubmed publisher..real-time PCR experiments revealed that the extract significantly inhibited UVB-induced upregulation of matrix metalloproteinase 1 (MMP1) and MMP3 expression in nHDFs...
- Karabencheva Christova T, Christov C, Fields G. Collagenolytic Matrix Metalloproteinase Structure-Function Relationships: Insights From Molecular Dynamics Studies. Adv Protein Chem Struct Biol. 2017;109:1-24 pubmed publisher..Ultimately, the MD simulation studies have complemented structural (NMR spectroscopy, X-ray crystallography) and kinetic analyses to provide a more detailed mechanistic view of MMP-catalyzed collagenolysis. ..
- Yan Y, Hu J, Lu H, Wang W. Genetic susceptibility to total hip arthroplasty failure: a case-control study on the influence of MMP 1 gene polymorphism. Diagn Pathol. 2014;9:177 pubmed publisher..The results showed the rs5854 SNP was associated with increased risk of the early aseptic loosening susceptibility. The virtual slide(s) for this article can be found here: http://www.diagnosticpathology.diagnomx.eu/vs/13000_2014_177. ..
- Kong Q, Jin Y, Yan S, Wang Y, Zhao J, Feng Z, et al. Examining the association of MMP-1 gene -1607 (2G/1G) and -519 (A/G) polymorphisms with the risk of osteomyelitis: A case-control study. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e4969 pubmed publisher..792, 95% CI 1.127-6.917). Whereas, the -519G allele may be a susceptible factor for osteomyelitis (OR 1.622, 95% CI 1.038-2.536).The MMP-1 -1607 (2G/1G) and -519 (A/G) polymorphisms may contribute to the onset of osteomyelitis. ..
- Iredale J, Benyon R, Pickering J, McCullen M, Northrop M, Pawley S, et al. Mechanisms of spontaneous resolution of rat liver fibrosis. Hepatic stellate cell apoptosis and reduced hepatic expression of metalloproteinase inhibitors. J Clin Invest. 1998;102:538-49 pubmed
- Dong S, Balaraman V, Kantor A, Lin J, Grant D, Held N, et al. Chikungunya virus dissemination from the midgut of Aedes aegypti is associated with temporal basal lamina degradation during bloodmeal digestion. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005976 pubmed publisher..Possibly, AeTIMP overexpression affected BL degradation and/or restoration thereby increasing the midgut dissemination efficiency of the virus...
- Nelson A, Fingleton B, Rothenberg M, Matrisian L. Matrix metalloproteinases: biologic activity and clinical implications. J Clin Oncol. 2000;18:1135-49 pubmed
- Liu T, Zhang L, Wang Y, Zhang H, Li L, Bao X. Dickkopf-1 inhibits Wnt3a-induced migration and epithelial-mesenchymal transition of human lens epithelial cells. Exp Eye Res. 2017;161:43-51 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Dkk1 inhibits Wnt3a-induced migration and the EMT of human LECs.The results contribute to the prevention of PCO formation and development. ..
- Brilha S, Wysoczanski R, Whittington A, Friedland J, Porter J. Monocyte Adhesion, Migration, and Extracellular Matrix Breakdown Are Regulated by Integrin ?V?3 in Mycobacterium tuberculosis Infection. J Immunol. 2017;199:982-991 pubmed publisher..This leads to increased monocyte recruitment and collagenase activity, which will drive inflammatory tissue damage. ..
- Brace P, Tezera L, Bielecka M, Mellows T, Garay D, Tian S, et al. Mycobacterium tuberculosis subverts negative regulatory pathways in human macrophages to drive immunopathology. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006367 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Mtb disrupts negative regulatory pathways at multiple levels in macrophages to drive a tissue-destructive phenotype that facilitates transmission. ..
- Cheng K, Shang A, Drachenberg C, Zhan M, Raufman J. Differential expression of M3 muscarinic receptors in progressive colon neoplasia and metastasis. Oncotarget. 2017;8:21106-21114 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest M3R expression plays an important role in early progression and invasion of colon neoplasia but is less important once tumors have spread. ..
- Hsu Y, Yang Y, Huwang M, Weng Y, Jou I, Wu P, et al. Anti-IL-20 monoclonal antibody inhibited inflammation and protected against cartilage destruction in murine models of osteoarthritis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175802 pubmed publisher..7E reduced the severity of arthritis in murine models of surgery-induced OA. Our findings provide evidence that IL-20 is a novel target and that 7E is a potential therapeutic agent for OA. ..