Genomes and Genes
Summary: A CXC chemokine that is synthesized by activated MONOCYTES and NEUTROPHILS. It has specificity for CXCR2 RECEPTORS.
- Angele M, KNOFERL M, Schwacha M, Ayala A, Bland K, Cioffi W, et al. Hemorrhage decreases macrophage inflammatory protein 2 and interleukin-6 release: a possible mechanism for increased wound infection. Ann Surg. 1999;229:651-60; discussion 660-1 pubmed..Therefore, attempts to enhance or restore wound cell immune function might be helpful for decreasing the incidence of wound infections in trauma victims. ..
- Mehrad B, Strieter R, Moore T, Tsai W, Lira S, Standiford T. CXC chemokine receptor-2 ligands are necessary components of neutrophil-mediated host defense in invasive pulmonary aspergillosis. J Immunol. 1999;163:6086-94 pubmed..We conclude that CXCR2 ligands are essential mediators of host defense against A. fumigatus, and may be important targets in devising future therapeutic strategies in this disease. ..
- Mei X, Wang H, Li J, Liu X, Lu X, Li Y, et al. Dusuqing granules (DSQ) suppress inflammation in Klebsiella pneumonia rat via NF-?B/MAPK signaling. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:216 pubmed publisher..The protective effects of DSQ on Klebsiella pneumonia might be attributed to its inactivative effects of NF-?B/ MAPK pathway. ..
- Chaochao Q, Lou G, Yang Y, Liu Y, Hu Y, Min Z, et al. Macrophage Inflammatory Protein-2 in High Mobility Group Box 1 Secretion of Macrophage Cells Exposed to Lipopolysaccharide. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:913-928 pubmed publisher..The mechanisms may occur through down-regulation of p38-MAPK, STAT3 and Akts phosphorylation and translocation of NF-?B p65. MIP-2 plays an important role in inflammation induced by LPS. ..
- Rentzsch I, Santos C, Huhle R, Ferreira J, Koch T, Schnabel C, et al. Variable stretch reduces the pro-inflammatory response of alveolar epithelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182369 pubmed publisher..This effect was mediated by the ERK1/2 signaling pathway, and might partly explain the findings of reduced lung inflammation during mechanical ventilation modes that enhance breath-by-breath variability of the respiratory pattern. ..