Genomes and Genes
Summary: A CXC chemokine that is chemotactic for B-LYMPHOCYTES. It has specificity for CXCR5 RECEPTORS.
- Orr C, Najm A, Biniecka M, McGarry T, Ng C, Young F, et al. Synovial Immunophenotype and Anti-Citrullinated Peptide Antibodies in Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients: Relationship to Treatment Response and Radiologic Prognosis. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:2114-2123 pubmed publisher..The EULAR response to therapy in ACPA+ RA patients was associated with increased levels of T cell and macrophage markers. ..
- El Haibi C, Sharma P, Singh R, Gupta P, Taub D, Singh S, et al. Differential G protein subunit expression by prostate cancer cells and their interaction with CXCR5. Mol Cancer. 2013;12:64 pubmed publisher..These findings offer insight into molecular mechanisms of PCa progression and can help to design some therapeutic strategies involving CXCR5 and/or CXCL13 blockade and specific G protein inhibition to abrogate PCa metastasis. ..
- Jiang B, Cao D, Zhang X, Zhang Z, He L, Li C, et al. CXCL13 drives spinal astrocyte activation and neuropathic pain via CXCR5. J Clin Invest. 2016;126:745-61 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-186-5p and CXCL13/CXCR5-mediated astrocyte signaling may be suitable therapeutic targets for neuropathic pain. ..
- Carubbi F, Cipriani P, Marrelli A, Benedetto P, Ruscitti P, Berardicurti O, et al. Efficacy and safety of rituximab treatment in early primary Sjögren's syndrome: a prospective, multi-center, follow-up study. Arthritis Res Ther. 2013;15:R172 pubmed publisher..We showed that RTX is a safe and effective agent to be employed in pSS patients with systemic, extra-glandular involvement. Furthermore, our data on pSS-MSGs provide additional biological basis to employ RTX in this disease. ..
- Verstappen G, Meiners P, Corneth O, Visser A, Arends S, Abdulahad W, et al. Attenuation of Follicular Helper T Cell-Dependent B Cell Hyperactivity by Abatacept Treatment in Primary Sjögren's Syndrome. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:1850-1861 pubmed publisher..Lower numbers of activated circulating Tfh cells contribute to attenuated Tfh cell-dependent B cell hyperactivity and may underlie the efficacy of abatacept. ..
- Li Z, Li M. Improvement in orthopedic outcome score and reduction in IL-1?, CXCL13, and TNF-? in synovial fluid of osteoarthritis patients following arthroscopic knee surgery. Genet Mol Res. 2017;16: pubmed publisher..Moreover, reduced presence of these molecules correlates with clinical improvement of this condition. Therefore, reduction in IL-1?, CXCL13, and TNF-? expression might be used as a factor for long-term osteoarthritis prognosis. ..
- Murray K, Godinez D, Brust Mascher I, Miller E, Gareau M, Reardon C. Neuroanatomy of the spleen: Mapping the relationship between sympathetic neurons and lymphocytes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182416 pubmed publisher..Together, we demonstrated that there does not appear to be a basis for synaptic neuro-immune communication, and that sympathetic innervation can modulate immune function through altering stromal cell chemokine production. ..
- Garg R, Blando J, Perez C, Abba M, Benavides F, Kazanietz M. Protein Kinase C Epsilon Cooperates with PTEN Loss for Prostate Tumorigenesis through the CXCL13-CXCR5 Pathway. Cell Rep. 2017;19:375-388 pubmed publisher..that PKCÎµ overexpression and Pten loss individually and synergistically upregulate the production of the chemokine CXCL13, which involves the transcriptional activation of the CXCL13 gene via the non-canonical nuclear factor ÎºB (..
- Jones J, Hamilton B, Challener G, de Brum Fernandes A, Cossette P, Liang P, et al. Serum C-X-C motif chemokine 13 is elevated in early and established rheumatoid arthritis and correlates with rheumatoid factor levels. Arthritis Res Ther. 2014;16:R103 pubmed publisher..Elevated serum CXCL13 levels may identify a subset of seropositive RA patients whose disease is shaped by or responsive to RF production. ..
- Han F, Liang F, Jiang T, Liu M. Increased expression of CXCR5 and CXCL13 in mice with experimental autoimmune myocarditis. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2017;21:1860-1867 pubmed..The current study established an association between CXCR5/CXCL13, autoimmune myocarditis and pro-inflammatory cytokines, and provided sound basis for further studies on mechanism and treatment of autoimmune myocarditis. ..